Author Topic: New Animorphs Television Series: Episode Naming  (Read 961 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
New Animorphs Television Series: Episode Naming
« on: August 01, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »

I've been thinking some more about a new Animorphs TV series, and I got to thinking about what I'd name the episodes. I figure I could go one of three ways: 1) Just name all the episodes the same way they're named in the book series, 2) come up with entirely new names, or 3) both.

I feel like using both would kind of seem awkward--example: having a bunch of episodes called 'The whatever' and some called 'Between friends.' I think the episode naming does hold some importance. But I also don't JUST want to keep the book titles, since, ideally, the series would have a lot more episodes (some original material, too), and it seems like a lot of work to keep up the "the whatever" titles. Plus, there's GOT to be a Christmas episode or two; so we'd need a nice name for those.

So I'm in favour of new names for the episodes--though, I'm not totally against using the book titles in some way. The episode title would show up in the opening/ending credits, with a "based on" and the appropriate book title that episode took its material from.

The cover and inside cover quotes have some potential for some episode titles, in my opinion. Also: let's consider whether we want our show to follow a pattern regarding the episodes--example: Smallville's episodes are all (with a few exceptions, I think) one word. Should Animorphs be like this, too? Or no?

POINT IS: this is for us to post some ideas for the episode titles in the new Animorphs series.

Episodes with a / means alternate title.

Season One:

1) My Name Is (1) (Based on "The Invasion.")
     2) Until Then, We Fight (2) (Based on "The Invasion.")
     3) Between Friends (Based on "The Visitor.")
     4) Hawkward/Flying Free (Based on "The Encounter.")
     5) The Deep Blue (Based on "The Message.")
     6) Why We Fight (Based on "The Predator")
     7) Four Voices on the Line, Only One I hear is Mine (1) (Based on "The Capture.")*
     8) Four Voices on the Line, Only One I hear is Mine (2) (Based on "The Capture")
     9) Strangers from the Outside/ Choices (Based on "The Stranger")**
     10) From the Earth Diary of Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill/Stranded (Based on "The Alien.")
     11) Wild/The Mother's Instinct (Based on "The Secret")***
     12) Allies/ The Tin Man/ Erek/ Asimov's Law/ New Deal (Based on "The Android.")
     13) Somewhere Out There (Based on "The Forgotten.")****
     14) Heartthrob/Crocodile Tears (Based on "The Reaction.")
     15) Game Changer/ Hawk Eyes (Based on "The Change.")
     16) It Came from Zone 91/ Stop Me if You've Heard This One(Based on "The Unknown.")*****
     17) Faces From the Past/Stop Me if You've Heard This One****** (Based on "The Escape.")
     18) Fearless Leader (Based on "The Warning.")
     19) Oatmeal Wars (Based on "The Underground.")
     20) Off-World (Based on "The Decision.")
     21) Butterfly Effect (Based on "The Departure.")
     22) Trashcans (Based on "The Andalite's Gift.")

*Title taken from a fanfic I didn't read, but am aware of. Thought the name was cool.
**Maybe another two-parter? Also a reference to Toy Story.
***Honestly couldn't come up with anything for what amounts to a pretty useless book.
****Yea, same reason as above.
*****The book is a huge set up for a punchline: Andalite toilet. But I couldn't call the episode that.
******Now that I think about it, this title would go well with a Marco central episode.

Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

redtailedsaffa

Re: New Animorphs Television Series: Episode Naming
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 11:27:04 PM »
23) Return Of The Box/Six Plus One (The Discovery)
24) Changing Faces (The Threat)
25) Traitor (The Solution)

Eh? :D

TV Shows keep having these two-part or three-part specials every now and then, and the David trilogy could easily make one. Heck, for added effect you could make The Threat a season finale, have the audience hanging at the end, and make The Solution introduce a new season. Come to think of it, The Solution could make a good season finale, what with the hard ending.

Offline jashykins

• jashykins
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »
I don't really have anything interesting to say but: Oatmeal Wars

That title is full of win. It explains the premise nicely and is making me laugh so hard right nowXD

Like the title "Asimov's Law" purely because I'm an Asimov fan.

Offline AndaliteBlues

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 12:30:28 PM »
I always saw the Megamorphs and Chronicles as the equivalent of special episodes as well. Most of the other Animorphs books each have a single plot line per book, which could be completed in a single episode. Until the closing arc, the main series books didn't exactly continue on from each other. Exceptions to this (as far as I remember) are the finale and the David Trilogy. However some could probably be extended, like the Visser 1 books, as these contain major plot points unlike the filler books (e.g. The Mutation, The Unknown). The Invasion would also be pretty good as a two-part special.

I don't know what you could do for Christmas specials though. None of the books really mention Christmas and most are a bit dark for a Christmas story. While the Megamorphs and Chronicles would be good for special episodes, they aren't exactly Christmas material either.

However it would be possible to create an original story focusing on the characters themselves and less on the Yeerks. For example Jake and Rachel spending Christmas with their family (and tensions between them and Tom), Tobias remembering his past life, Ax experiencing human traditions and going crazy over Christmas dinner. I don't know about Marco and Cassie though.