Author Topic: My story.  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
My story.
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
I wrote sci-fi book along time ago. So I decided to post it here. Also, I made a cheesy little website for it. here it is. http://www.sermonsfromseattle.com/images/goats_07.gif

(By the way, I changed shredder to ailon but only for my laptop version. Haven'y modified the main computer version)

The Seaportian Chronicles. Part one:
Seaport

My Name is Tycho. Let me explain.
I come from the country of Seaport, just west off the cost of Morocco. Seaport is a standard country to most people. In reality, the country is at a Star wars level of technology. Seaport had faster-than-light travel before the Chinese had even discovered gunpowder! Seaport is also the head of the USCOP, or the United Seaportian Confederation Of Planets. Yes, thats right, life exists on other planets.  And we have battled with many of them. The Kelbreen, The Jallians, and of course, the Denkar 333's. The Confederation consists of actually over 6000 Galaxies. But let me rewind a bit

A Brief History of Seaport.
In the year 3000 BC, Seaport was founded as a country.
2500 BC. Gunpowder is discovered when a scientist made a rather explosive experiment.
2000 BC. Seaport has nuclear power and weapons.
1501 BC. Cloaked space stations are cloaked.
1100 BC. Seaport lands on the moon.
1600 BC. Seaport lands on Mars.
50 BC. Energy weapons are invented.
1000 A.D Faster then light travel, (achieved by tunneling through a different dimension called X-space, or X-treme space) Is created.
1500 A.D A Seaportian expedition team is sent of in search of intelligent life forms.
1510 A.D The expedition is attacked by a fierce race called the Skree-Naw Alliance and, being unarmed, slaughtered.
1515 A.D The Survivors flee to earth and tell of what happened.
1518 A.D A Seaportian battle fleet engages, and destroys the Skree-Naw fleet over Sweden.
1520 A.D The Skree-Naw Alliance worlds, (About 200 hundred) become the Confederations first planets.
1600 A.D to the present day. The Seaportian Confederation rapidly expands as the rest of the world becomes more modern.

Now thats all cleared up, you will understand the following.

Seaport as a country.
Seaport the country is a splendid place. The National animal is the Caspian tiger. Though hunted to extinction in other parts of the world, it still thrives in the Seaportian Tiger sanctuaries.
The population is overall very friendly, the crown of Seaport is its capital city, Meara. It is 66 miles in diameter.  There is no poverty in Seaport.

Seaport as a military.
Seaport as a military is very strong. Here are some of main weapons used.

Shredders: The common hand shredder is the most common weapon in the entire Confederation. The shredder will take in air into its handle via, suction vents. The air is then super heated until it becomes a solid state energy. The energy is then compressed until it is small enough to fit down the barrel. It is then fired where screens at the end of the barrel drain energy away to meet the required setting. (You see, Shredders have power settings, such as Star trek Phasers)

The Shredder rifle is the standard armament for nearly every class of troops in the Seaportian military. It is much more accurate than the common hand shredder though it works the same way.

The Shredder rifle is about 2 and-a-half feet long. The weapon also has laser sighting to increase its accuracy.
The Shredder sniper rifle is basically just a modified version of the Shredder rifle, with a scope sight and a beam sizeometer. The sizeometer decreases the width of a beam, from the size of a toonie, to the size of a hair.

Plasma weapons: Another weapon favored by the confederation, Plasma is compressed and fired down the barrel. They have settings also, like shredders, but there are just 3 settings. #1 will paralyze, #2 will severely wound some one, it has the same damage as a 50 caliber bullet, and #3 will blow something to small flaming chunks. They are commonly on assault craft and most Capital ships.

Part two: Chickenland.

One day, I was flying patrol when my sensors picked up an Unidentified Flying Object. I diverted course to investigate, and to my astonishment, I saw a craft that looked like a giant green mosquito the size of my own fighter. Suddenly, several glowing blue balls erupted out of the space ship and headed toward me!
I started to power up shields but I was already too late. The balls slammed into my ship and sent me into a spin towards the ground.
I approached a land mass shaped like an X. Then green upon green, a crashing sound, a sudden pain to my head and blackness.

I awoke in a dense green jungle, still wondering who, or what had hit me. I crawled out of the wreckage to inspect the damage. By the scorch marks on the hull, I could tell that there had been phenton cannons on that craft.
The power cuttlings where shot, 3 out of 12 where still operating. (power cuttings store power and channel it to different components of the ship) They held enough power for one shot and one ride home. Shields and cloaks where down. Surprisingly, the main shredder on my fighter was operational, along with the engines. Communications down. Id have to try to find a town before returning to my fighter.

Three hours later: I was trekking through the dense forest when the bushes moved. I drew my shredder, set it on setting 6, and looked around. Suddenly. Something covered with blades shot at me out of the undergrowth! It knocked me to the ground and unsheathed long, pointed claws and stabbed at my heart! The claws became imbedded in my battle armor. He ripped them out with the ends dipped in my blood. He then grabbed a phenton blaster and pointed it at my head. I grabbed an energy blade and slashed at him. He drew back, a huge slash across his chest. I jumped up and grabbed my shredder. I aimed and, just before I could fire, he fired. My hand exploded in a flash of pain and heat. When I looked again, all there was left was a smoldering stump. I gritted my teeth in agony and pointed my right hand at the creature. A Particle blaster shot out of my wrist amour and fired a plasma encased diratium projectile at it. A 2 cm hole appeared in
its chest region. Instead of collapsing, it just leaped at me again. A managed to dodge it and slashed its hand off with my energy blade and grabbed its phenton blaster. I aimed and fired. A blue blast slammed into the creature. I lowered the weapon because the creature was blown in half. I then starred at him and said “Who are you”.

“I am a Ticki-Ticki”. It said. “What is a Ticki-Ticki”? I asked. “I am”. He said. I gave him a good look over. He was about 8 feet tall, with a tail with 6 foot spikes on the end. He had several arms, each clutching bladed weapons and each wrist baring 5 foot claws. He was a creature who could have killed me if I hadn’t got him with my energy knife. “Where am
I”. I asked. “You are in the south-eastern tropical part of Chickenland”. I had recalled spinning toward some land mass shaped like an X. I must have landed in the lower right arm of the X.  I asked him what Chickenland was. He laughed and said “Chickenland is a planet that cashed into earth long ago. It fused with the planet and only the X part remains visible. It is the home of the chicken people, The Ticki-Ticki, and the Deer-people”. I Was intrigued by this and vowed personally to myself to make sure to come back with a scientific expedition to investigate. “Well, I need to fix my fighter, is that okay with you, Ticki-ticki”? 
“Sure, we don’t care. Just watch out for Merlocks”. “What is a ‘Merlock”. I asked. “Their big, nasty, and have lots of claws and shoot corrosive Venom.  I sighed, wishing I had some good news, but all that I had was loss of blood and a hand. My suit hd began to heal though. You see, the suit will take DNA samples of every part of your body, so if you lose something, it will use the DNA to regenerate the limb. My hand was mostly back, but not fully and it hurt like it had maggots made of white fire crawling through it.

Later on that night, I was working on my Shield generator when I heard a rustling in the bushes behind me. I reached into the ****pit for a shredder rifle, ****ed it and put it onto setting 4, high enough to blow something to flaming bits. Then a 6 legged creature, about as high as a man jumped at me! As it flew through the air, it launched some bright yellow fluid at me. I drpped and rolled as the liquid shot behind and evaporated the scrap metal behind me in a puff of foul-smelling smoke. This must be a Merlock. I thought as I tried to aim. I fired. The Creature exploded in a flash of light and heat, hissing in rage.

By the morning, I had fixed the shields, kind of, kind of as in one shot and bye-bye shields. I climbed in and powered up. I started to rise, slowly at first, and with jerks. I was at 200 feet and climbing fast. Then, a volley of blue energy balls flew by my ship. I quickly turned around and saw the same ship that had attacked in the first place! It was lining me up for another shot when I powered up my shredder and fired! TSSEEEWWWWW! The green beam sliced through the thick air and into the insectoid ship. KA-BOOM! It exploded and from the wreckage, I saw a sliced up Ticki-Ticki corpse go flying.

Back at An orbiting space station, I was preparing to lead an expedition to investigate this, Chickenland. We had orders to take DNA samples and learn about the local population. I was taking 2 transports, and 6 fighters. 2 hours later, we had landed at a site about 2 miles across. We had set up a perimeter force field and the shelters and research building and communications array. 3 hours later a research team, armed with neutralizers of course, was exploring and looking for life forms. By the readings on our bio-scanners, that would not be difficult.
Suddenly, I got a distress call. I took 2 men, both armed with High Heat Weapons (HHW’s) and we headed off toward the scientists location. When we arrived at the scene, There was 5 terrified scientists firing, to no effect, at a giant worm like thing that was amazingly long. It had a 5 foot scythe-like blade at the end of it’s amazingly long tail. It also had thick, thick, thick, white wooly fur all over it’s body. It then leaped at us and slashed my two men into pieces. I managed to duck it’s blade an fired a flame-thrower attachment in my suit at the monster. The creature, which I was now starting to call a wooly worm, was barely singed by the white hot flames. I cursed and fired my heat ray. The creature literally exploded into heaps of molten flesh.
We had started on our way back to base, when we heard the distant sound of  shredder cannon firing and Phenton guns shooting. We dashed back to base to see a vision out of a nightmare.

It was chaos. It was like Demons had sprung out of Hell and where butchering my 200 troops. Ticki-Ticki! Swarms of  them! They where fighting my tropps who had dropped their shredder rifles and where using plasma blades and hand shredders. I through a plasma grenade into the fray. It exploded, throwing Ticki-Ticki body parts everywhere. I grabbed a energy sword and threw myself into the fray. I was cutting away to the ship. The Ticki-ticki had destroyed the communications but kept the ships intact. I fired up my boot rockets and bursted over the battle and landed on the ship. I quicly unlocked the door. And got into the ****pit. I activated short range communications and contacted the War bird class frigate in orbit. I ordered them to the coordinates I gave them. Within minutes, the frigate had dropped belowthe cloud cover and started to fire high explosive rounds into the mass of Ticki-ticki. They where being slashed to pieces. Then, I saw 6 Ticki-ticki fighters overhead. I activated m engines and made pursuit! I locked onto 1 and fired my interceptors plasma cannons. BUD-EEOW BUD-EEOW! Went my cannons and the fighter exploded into flames. I managed to destroy 2 more as the rest retreated. I looked down and saw that that the rest of the surviving Ticki-ticki had fled.

After the battle, we had lost 100 troops or 50% of our men at the outpost. I was horrified. That was 100 fine men who had been massacred. We also managed to destroy 200 Ticki-ticki. Later on that day, I took command of the Frigate and took the remaining 4 fighters to explore the country.  We where flying North when we where attacked! 6 Egg-shaped fighters, firing phenton, swooped down firing. I sad “Fire shredders”! 12 shredder cannon opened up on the fighters, destroying several. The rest, retreated for a moment, and then came back with 20 others! “Fighters, Attack, fire at will!” Outside, the fighters attacked the enemy ships and slaughtered them. We moved on until we found a city. We ran a scan on the city and found it to be inhabited by a species that was humanoid, but had armored white feathers and a beak like head.
They had faster then light travel and everything we had. More advanced then even the Scythanian League (See Part three, The Scythanian League) We decided to head back immediately.

Back at base I had been promoted to Captain! That mean I was now in command of my personal Armada Assault Cruiser (AAC)
AAC’s are the size of Washington DC. They are our version of the Heavy cruiser. Though they are puny compared to our planet sized HomeStars. An AAC’s Weapons include the following:

1500 Shredder cannons.
2000 anti-fighter turrets.
6 Intense Light System Disrupters.
500 S-7 Torpedo launchers.
600 000 Fighters.
50 000 Transports.
20 000 Bombers.
1000 000 men.
600 plasma turrets
and 200 of the new Neutron cannons.
My first mission was to patrol the border with the Scythanian League

Part three. The Scythanian League.

The Scythanian League is an empire consisting of 200 galaxies. We are rivals and quite opposite. The Scythanian League is all conquest and en-slavement. We are defense and freedom. They are hostile and aggressive. We are peaceful and defensive. The history of the Scythanian League is un-known but we do know that they are a wise, cruel, and ancient race. My AAC was patrolling the border near the Zoon Nebula. While doing a sensor scan for any ships within our territory, I was relaxing in my private quarters. While I was watching a Holo-film, I was suddenly called to the bridge. I activated a molecular teleporter and materialized at the bridge. My 3rd Lieutenant, an Arsian named Kalama, Gave me a status report. I watched the enhanced Hologram and saw something. I saw what looked like tiny ripples in space. My heart skipped a beat as I examined those ripples more closely. It was a pattern. 2, 2, 3. 2,2,3. Those kind of Ripples where only made by Scythanian League cloaking technology! I gave the orders to lock on to the source of the ripples and fired a Ninnta flare. The flare disabled the ships cloak and revealed a Scythanian Scimitar, Their version of a AAC, I was about to order the shields to be raised when claw-shaped sip fired its huge, main Gamma cannon. BRRRMMMMM! The weapon made, as a huge, purple, Gamma beam sliced into us.
SCR-EET! SCR-EET! SCR-EET! The Alarms went off. “Status report”! I yelled. “Power cells down Captain. They knew where to hit. We’ve only got auxiliary power.” Third lieutenant Kalama shouted.  BRRRMMMMM! The Gamma beam hit us again! “Okay, forget that. We have got the emergency shield generator good and that’s it for defenses. As for weapons, we have got enough power for 1 12 torpedo spread and one neutron cannon shot. “Okay” I said. “Power up the shields. Now, fire the neutron cannon.” I ordered as the shields went up. TU-PEW! TU-PEW! TU-PEW! The Neutron cannons fired. Their intensely compact rounds took out the shield generators of the Scimitar. The moment the shields where down, I said “Fire torpedoes.” 12 S-7’s slammed into the Scythanian ship, ripping it apart. I was preparing to send a boarding party over to the bridge of the ship to look for data when the ship self-destructed. “Of course”. I thought. “They must have detonated the ship so the data could not be captured”. Then, a X-space tunnel opened up and an entire Scythanian attack fleet emerged. I made a jump to X-space before I could be detected. While we where traveling, I estimated that there where over 2000 ships in that fleet.

After 3 hours of travel, I emerged out of X-space by the planet Cuneal, our planet of defense for the quadrant I was in. I informed the high command of the situation and they gathered a fleet consisting of 200 Homestars, 400 AAC’s, and numerous fighters, frigates, and bombers. As we prepared for battle, I climbed into my personal fighter, The Selan Falcon. The Selan Falcon was built by me from scratch. It took me 6 years to complete. The Selan Falcon has all of the best cloaks, communications, Shields and X-drive. But the crown of the Selan Falcon is its 4 Neutron cannons. Neutron cannons fire very compressed, concentrated material. The cannons on my fighter will blow through Homestar armor.

We suddenly emerged out of X-space and into the enemy fleet. TSEEEWWWWW!  Shredder beams the size of New Zealand slammed into a Scythanian Devastator. The ships bridge erupted in a shower of flames. I attacked with a horde of fighters behind me. BUD-EEOW! BUD-EEOW! BUD-EEOW! My fighters neutron cannons tore through The armor of the Scythanian claw craft armor. Scythanians make their fighters so that they are covered with Gamma and Wainer weapons. The have so many guns that they have no room for a shield generator and can only make the shortest X-space jumps. They have armor that is supposed to partially deflect shredder beams at a long distance but that armor plating is no match for plasma weapons and Neutron cannons. My weapons shredded through their formations as full battle joined. Frigates flew into fighter formations and let loose their arsenal of 12 shredder cannons and 6 plasma turrets and 1 S-5 torpedo launcher along with 2 X-3 missile launchers. Psheew! Psheew! Gamma cannons fired at my ship only to be absorbed by my shields. I cut speed, and he over shot and flew past me sp that I could lock onto him. I locked on and fired a missile. KA-BOOM! He exploded into flaming bits of scrap metal. I then looked in terror as a Homestar exploded into a fire ball. I realized that if we destroyed their command ship, we would scatter their fleet. I got to a hangar and and grabbed a bomber. I powered up and lifted off. I armed the Photo bombs and the single plasma cannon. I zeroed in on  the enemy ship and dropped down so that I was just 10 feet above the surface. I was below the shields and moved in on my target. All Scythanian capital ships have a exaust port that opened every 10 minutes to let out the Gamma fumes. If you launched a bomb down the port, it would explode among the central Gamma Cannons. I timed it and waited and… Yes! It opened. I quickly fired a salvo of 6 bombs down the port and went maximum burn and shot out of the area. I cut speed and waited. KAAAA-BOOOOOOMMM!!!!! The Devastator exploded in a huge fire ball. With their commander dead, The enemy fleet quickly fell apart and retreated. 6 AAC’s chased down stragglers and finished them off. I landed on the Homestar Dedication to a Heroes welcome. Pilots and gunnery crews carried me to my quarters while cheering. I went to my room and saw a message. I gasped. I was to report to The High Seaportian Council.

Part four. Bounty hunters!

The High council is in charge of the entire confederation. Not just a planet, not a Galaxy, not even a sector. The whole Confederation. I had been ordered to report the Council immediately. I assumed that I would be questioned about the Scythanian attack. I boarded a diplomatic transport and immediately jumped to x-space. I then went to relax in my lavish quarters. I was on a force field sleep-couch, for we modify force fields into something that you can sink into and sleep. They are very comfortable. Anyway, I was sleeping when a voice said that we where coming out of x-space right into the orbit of Sorucant, the planet where the council and senate reside. I got up and strolled toward the bridge and watched Sorucant get larger. The planet was twice the size of earth but for un-known reasons, had the same gravity. Sorucant is actually, my home planet. Humans from earth colonized it one hundred years ago. With such high security at the place I was going, I did not expect at all what would come next.

We landed and I walked off the ramp. I was no more than a couple meters off the ramp when the ship exploded. KA-BLAM! The fiery blast threw me through the air and I landed on force field. I got up and drew a plasma blaster. (since my adventure on Chickenland, I had discovered that Shredders where becoming obsolete in comparison to more compact weapons such as plasma guns and Neutron cannons.) The ship was no more than a few pieces of smoldering metal. Everyone else had been vaporized by the heat-wave of the explosion. I looked up and saw a ship go into a cloak. A ship that looked a lot a like a green mosquito.

I told security what I saw and they quickly rushed me inside and activated a defensive shield. I felt quite secure in the council building. I activated a teleporter and materialized in the council meeting room. “Welcome, Captain Tycho Celchu of the SCS Enienty”. Said council member Skellan. “Greetings, High council”. I said. Council member Viv Callen said, “So, Captain Tycho, you saw a cloaked Scythanian scimitar and decloaked it and where fired upon?” “Yes”. I said. They peppered me with questions about the ship and the fleet. “Was it an invasion force or merely a battle fleet?” “Where there many enemy transports?” I answered these questions to the best of my abilities. Then, “You may go now captain Tycho.” Said High council member and leader of the confederation himself, Ziv Farron. “Thank you council leader Ziv Farron.” I said”. I was just about to leave when One of the council members informed me that there was a “little something” for me in hanger ten. I thanked them and left. I materialized on hanger level 10 and was heading toward the hanger when alarms went off. SCR-EET! SCR-EET! SCR-EET! “Intruder alert! Intruder alert! Suddenly, the Denecrete wall behind me exploded in a blue flash! KA-BAM! I whipped around and, standing in front of me was a Ticki-Ticki. It was covered in weaponry and was holding 6 phenton blasters! I turned around to run just as it fired seven phenton rounds at me! One shot vaporized my arm and I screamed in pain. I grabbed a regeneration packet and slammed it on my arm. My arm started to regenerate and within a few seconds, it as back. I grabbed a plasma blaster out of its holster and fired. PUD-EEOW! PUD-EEOW! PUD-EEOW! The creature’s tail exploded into a smoldering stump. It threw a blade at me that barely missed me. I saw a sigh that said hanger 10. I dashed in and saw the “little something” the council gave me. It was an armed transport about the size of a 3 houses. It had a powerful X-drive and several plasma turrets as well as one neutron cannon turret. It had living quarters and powerful shields and tough armor. I smiled and jumped into the M-shaped craft and powered up. I activated the shields so the hand-held phenton pistols became harmless. I left Sorucants atmosphere and orbit and looked behind me. I gasped, for the mosquito fighter was right behind me!  I locked on and fired my two rear torpedo launchers. The two bright blue balls shot through space and into the on coming craft. The ship shuddered as the two weapons blew a hole in its fuselage.
Amazingly, it did not go down. It just fired a round a phenton at me. My ship rocked as the shields absorbed the impact. I then made a jump to X-space.

I emerged out of x-space around the planet Keela. Now, let me tell you, Keela is practically Hell. Lakes of burning acid, geysers that shoot out lava at unexpected times, murderous creatures that dwell in the huge oceans of burning, liquid sulfur, and huge vents that erupt liquid nitrogen. I went their in an attempt to escape the Ticki-Ticki bounty hunter. Whe ni landed, he was already waiting for me with a huge energy blade in one hand, and a phenton blaster in the other. I grabbed a energy sword and 2 plasma blasters and several grenades. The creature stared at me with amusement in its eye. “What? You are going to try to fight Marcy the bounty hunter?”  I didn’t say anything, only fired my blaster at him. He dodged the green bolts and slashed at me. I blocked, parries, and slashed of an arm. He slashed my legs of and I let out a scream of agony. “GGGAAAAAAUUUUGGHHHHH”!!! I yelled. But even then, the healing system was working its magic and my legs where back within seconds. We battled with our swords over the lava vents. It was horrifying because we each knew that, at any second, we could be hit by an explosion of white hot lava. FWOOOOOSH! A stream of it barely missed my face.
Then he jumped out onto a rock overlooking one of the fiery seas. The stench of burning sulfur nearly knocked me down but leaped after him and slashed of another arm. He screamed and shot at me. The blast hit my stomach. I gasped and fell into the sulfur sea. “AAAUUUUUUUUGH!” I screamed in agony as the molten sulfur enveloped me. I had to get out of here before it burned through my suit. I detonated a grenade that blew me back onto the rock outcropping and in front of Marcy! I threw a grenade which exploded tearing huge chunks of flesh off of him and me. Agony stabbed through me again as he ripped some meat out of my leg. I staggered up and drove an energy knife into his chest region. He collapsed, burning hatred in his eyes as he looked at me. Then something happened. For some reason, without doing anything we reached a truce and walked away across the barren, rugged battleground.

Part five: Negotiations

I was on leave at one of the planets specially designated for officers to get some rest. I was reading a classic novel, Moby Dick when a beeping signaled a message incoming. I got up and checked. It was from Cuneal, our quadrant defense planet. The message explained that there was a group of Chalerian rebels. They had been stockpiling weapons and we had heard rumor that the leader was now preparing to make an attack. I was supposed to meet the leader and try to negotiate our way out of a war. I sighed and headed got into an Akron air speeder.

Within ten minutes I was at the spaceport. I saw a transport waiting for me. Within another six minutes, I was back at the bridge of my AAC. I entered the coordinates onto my navigation computer and jumped into x-space. After two hours of travel, we reached our destination. I decided to hail them. I had no wish to shed blood, especially after my battle with Marcy. “Seaportian cruiser calling Chalerian independents over.” We waited patiently for a reply. Then, “Seaportian cruiser, this is Chalerian independents, what is your business over?” “Chalerian independents, we come to discuss peaceful terms, the council is becoming worried over you aggressive behavior.” “Seaportian cruisers captain may come and negotiate peaceful terms over”. “Acknowledged Chalerian independents, Captain and 10 men will arrive shortly. Please send coordinates for teleportation to sector 12, position AAG16.” Acknowledged Seaportian cruiser, coordinates on the way”. Within moments the teleportation coordinates had arrived and I typed the into the main transportation computer. I headed to the main teleporter room with 10 guards and activated the teleporter. I said, “Computer, teleport cargo to coordinates to sector 3, HM SE, position XYK639. I felt my body disintegrate into an group of particles and then rematerialize in the Chalerian base.

“Welcome, welcome to the home of the Chalerian independents”! said a deep, husky voice. I looked around to see a multi-armed Chalerian come running toward me. Chalerians are usually about six feet tall and have many arms, usually around four to seven. They have 5 stalk eyes that are waving about constantly and looking in all directions. They have rust red bodies that look human. They also have two large legs that have claws at the end to help them get round and get a grip on their rocky planet. “Hello.” I said. I must talk with your leader immediately.” “Yes, yes, of course master Tycho. He will see you shortly. Have a seat. We will inform you when he is ready”.

Fifteen minutes later, the Chalerian leader was ready to talk with me. “The Grand master Chechen will see you master Tycho.” Said the Chalerian. “Thank you.” I said. I walked down a narrow corridor to a large, luxurious, room. On a chair in front of a desk, sat a Chalerian that was clothed in fine material. I sat down on a chair that was in front of the table. “Greetings, master Tycho. I pray that we will be able to work out a peaceful solution to this unpleasant situation.” Said the Chalerian. “My name is Chechen. I am the leader of the independent Chalerians. You surely know the reason for our cause.” I nodded. I had been briefed at mission control about the independent Chalerians. Chaleria was ruled by an empire. Though it was a good and just government, there where many Chalerians that did not like being ruled over by a royal power. The wanted to have an entirely diplomatic planet. There was a great war between the two factions which the imperialists emerged as the victor. The Independents fled to the hills and over time, became a strong group once again. The imperialists allowed them one third of the planet. I had been sent there because it had been reported that the independents where preparing to attack the imperial section of he planet in an attempt to take over with weapons that they had been stockpiling over time. He continued and said. “There are some people who say that we wish to over through the imperialists. We don’t. we have learned our lesson in the great war. We do not wish to repeat that massacre again. We have become devoted to peace. The rumors of weapons of “mass destruction” are simply rumors. We have only a few Ailon beam weapons that we bough from Seaport.” I then said. “Well, we do not wish that this planet to become a battleground again. However, we have captured several ships with crates of sniper rifles and building blasters.  The ship coordinates where directing the ship toward this very spot. I have a hard time believing your claims of “peace”. At this information, Chechen became very nervous; he started sweating and fidgeting in his chair. Suddenly, one of my men jumped in saying, “Sir! We have discovered a store house of long distance plasma cannons and an entire hanger full of fighters and a frigate! The main computer has battle strategies for an assault of the imperialists capital city!” I rose up quickly and called my cruiser. “Attention crews of the AAC Enienty, the Chalerians have lied. They have large stores of ships and weapons in which they plan to attack the imperialist capital city of Tenure. Send down a frigate to pick me up now!” I cut the communication and looked at Chechen. He was smiling sinisterly at me and he said. “Your men shouldn’t have been snooping around. This will cost you your life!” as he spoke, Chalerian soldiers armed with Ailon weapons stormed into the room. The aimed at me and my mind raced. Then I got an idea. I drew a Tine beam blaster at head. The troops then backed down. I slowly started to back out of the room. As soon as the door closed, I ran. I fired randomly behind me to keep the Chalerians off by back. I contacted my troops and ordered them to get out of the complex. I knew that I could not teleport because they had most likely activated a anti-beaming shield by now. I met up with the other men I had brought with me and told them to follow me. As we ran through a door, I slammed it shut and sealed it with my tine beam. My c-chip then signaled and the frigate crew said that they could not land due to heavy fire from the ground. I sighed and told my men to get to the hanger.

We got to the hanger and fired at the guards. They turned to vapor before they knew what hit them. I ordered the men to the frigate and we climbed in. We went to the Battle bridge and got to the pilot stations and weaponry stations. We lifted off and fired the main aileon beams and blew a hole threw the hanger wall. We flew through the defenses who where not expecting a ship frm behind. We flew up to the other frigate and took off  to the AAC above. When we boarded, I teleported to the battle bridge and starting rapping out orders. “lock onto Independent Chalerians main base and fire torpedoes and plasma cannons”. The ship bombarded the enemy base for ten minutes. When we zoomed in on the target, all that there was left was smoldering ruins. I wiped my head thinking “Now that’s diplomacy!”

Part six: Uncharted waters

My experience with the Ticki-Ticki had made me curios about their origins. I was determined to discover the answer so I decided to take my new ship to Cosonaly. I was granted permission to carry on my business and left for earth in my new ship immediately. After about 2 hours in X-space, I emerged out into RealSpace. I headed downward toward the former planet and soon saw the x shape. I had seen a city during my exploration of the land mass that was in the middle of the x. I headed for the middle and found a city. Immediately, 20 of the egg shaped fighters appeared out of the blue and started firing their multiple phenton cannons. I remembered our brief, but violent battle with them and the damage caused to my frigate. I shuddered and sent out a universal peace code. The immediately stopped firing and ordered me to land at what appeared to be an airbase. I landed my transport and climbed out. I was then approached by a number of the inhabitants. It was here that I finally got a good look at them.

They where about the same height as an average man and had two legs and two arms. They where, however, covered in white feathers that overlapped each other. My scanners in my suit told me that those feathers could absorb high amounts of energy and that an Ailon beam, even at very close range, would have no affect on them what so-ever. The only weapon we had that could penetrate that armor would be either plasma or neutron weapons. One of the creatures, who was obviously their leader due the bright and colorful clothing he had, approached me and said. “Welcome, stranger, to the city of Gingin. We are the Cosonaly people.” I followed the leader to a room and he said. “So, who are you and what are you”?  I answered him and said “I am Captain Tycho Celchu of the SCS Enienty of the Seaportian Confederation.” “What is the Seaportian confederation.? Is it part of the Ticki-Ticki empire?” He asked. “No”. I replied. We are a separate group of six thousand galaxies.” “Was it you that destroyed seven of our egg fighters?” Yes. We where attacked and we defended our self’s.” That answer satisfied him and h asked. “So, Tycho. What is your business here in Gingin?” “I am here to learn about the origins of the Ticki-Ticki”. I said. He looked at me and said “We have no records of the Ticki-ticki history. Not even the Ticki-Ticki know much.” “Well, will you tell me where I can find a Ticki-Ticki leader?” “Yes. His name is Doonar and he lives in a mansion in Gingin. He gave me the location of the estate and sent me off.

Doonar was seven feet tall and had a good temper. He invited me in and told me to have a seat. I sat down and told him why I had come. I looked at me and said, “There is no Ticki-ticki in the universe that knows our history. All that we know is that we came from the centre of the universe where the original Ticki-ticki lived. But some of them wondered off in search of other places and after millennia, we found Cosonaly and its creatures. We decided that this was a good place and settled down. That is all that we know. That we came from the centre of the universe. From, Gunship space. I thanked him for his time and I then left. As I headed toward the ship, I thought about my visit with Doonar. The centre of the universe was un-explored. I then decided to take a frigate and go to Gunship space.

Back at base, I was assembling a crew to take with me on the voyage. My choice of officers was the following.

3rd Lieutenant Arker, an Arsian who has been with me through thick and thin.
Science officer Saracen, an Octaren.
Weapons specialist Rumen, a human like me from Terenta.
Engineer sergeant Aaydell, another Arsian.
My second in command Major Tenner, a Human also.

I took my crew onto the frigate and made a check over of everything. We where ready to go so we powered up and left the hanger bay of the Enienty. We then made a jump to x-space and
 prepared for a long trip. After two weeks in x-space, we emerged back into RealSpace. I could see the glowing mass in front of me that was the centre of the universe or ‘Gunship space’ as the Ticki-Ticki called it. My crew looked at me with a look of terror, readiness, and excitement. I then gave the fateful order, “Full speed ahead into the centre”. My ship then plunged into the centre of the universe.

I could not believe of my eyes. This was space. Our scanners and sensors told us that that, but there was also ground and atmosphere. My science officer exclaimed. “This, this, this is impossible!” He cried. “Physically, scientifically impossible! Air? Ground? In SPACE?” He shrieked. “computer.” I said. Is air outside craft breathable?” “Yes.” Came the emotionless reply.

We stared at each other in shock. Even the smallest child knew that you could not breathe in space. Yet, this was space you could breathe in. As we stared in shock, we did not see the craft that snuck in behind us and fired phenton cannons at us. our craft shuddered as the weapons tore into us. “What the…” I said as the ships rear exploded. I saw the attacker and ordered Fire plasma cannons!” The turrets fired and the attacking ships skin exploded as the scale like armor was ripped off of it. It then fired phenton cannons again and I knew that one more hit like that, and we would be annihilated. I ordered a spread of torpedoes and a neutron cannon blast. The following explosion disabled the enemy craft and I took the lull in the battle to hail it. “Who are you?” I asked.

“This is the Ticki-ticki gunship Banshee. You are trespassing in Ticki-ticki space. Leave or the source will destroy you and your trashed vessel.” The craft then shot off and near light speed before I could question them anymore.     

Later that night, I pondered the Banshee’s warning what was the source? That was the main question on my mind. Little did I know that I was soon to find out.

The next day, I was heading toward the middle of gunship space. We had detected strange over readings over there and thought that it could be this ‘source’. I was overseeing the repairs of the ship. The biggest damage had been to the stern of the craft. The repairs where going well and I was preparing to check the main x-space engines when I was called to the bridge. I went up there and  was informed of the situation. My navigator said we had reached the source which was located on the land below. I prepared to take a team of ten men to the source and went to my quarters to grab my energy blade and an Ailon blaster.

Down on the surface, we moved toward the glowing wall and stepped through it. What we saw was amazing. We saw, the source. We saw, the Time/space Continuum.

The Time/space continuum was a throbbing, gelatin-like object about the size of a house. We could literally see the lines of space/time, appear and disappear rapidly. Each line representing some creature in the universe. “So, It actually exists.” My science officer mumbled. This discovery was astonishing. This would defy all sorts of scientific theory’s and laws. Then, the inevitable happened. Human curiosity overcame one of my crew and he touched it. “Don’t you fool!” I shouted at him but it was to late. He hand made contact with the throbbing mass and he disappeared. Then, the continuum started throbbing. “What, have we done?” One of my men gasped, choked with fear. Back to the ship men, back to the SHIP!”

We ran back to the waiting craft and lifted off immediately. The continuum was expanding and throbbing red. “Get us out of here!” I ordered, but it was to late. With a groaning collapsing sound, the continuum swelled up, and then exploded in a flash of light. I saw a wave of time and space matter flying at me, and then a horrific pain and then, darkness. Complete darkness.

To be continued…

« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 05:22:06 PM by JSF16 »
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw