Author Topic: Animorphs 55: Which Characters Would You Like to See Return?  (Read 6844 times)

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
     I'm curious: should one (not saying me) write an Animorphs 55, which characters outside the main seven would you like to see return as regular characters?

One (not saying me) could base his or her (not saying me) fic on the comments posted here. Now, I'm not going to garuntee an Animorphs 55, seeing as I'm notorious for never finishing a project (except that one time).

I once wrote an awful Animorphs 55 (can't remember what the hell I called it) but it involved Visser One with Ax as his host, now calling himself the One (because as an eleven year old I didnt understand what the One was) plotting to bury a bomb near the earth's core (because tha's totally how science works) to blow up the planet. The book was narrated by Tobias (following the line up) who morphed an original species I "invented" called the Cormix (which were essentially larger, flame retardant Taxxons) along with the other Animorphs (but not Ax). The gang saves the day and Tobias gets his human form back, with morphing capabilities in tact. I think I still left Rachel dead, and I might have attempted a twist ending, but I can't remember.

I added that info purely for nostalgia. I don't plan on writing about that horribleness twice.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:46:50 AM by Empress Goose »
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
Ooh, I would love to see a story from some of the auxiliary Animorphs about their lives after the war. I'm not sure, but didn't most (or all) of them die? I serously don't remember it mentioned. . I don't think we see enough of their amazing-ness, though. (Assuming you mean tha Anis and the Visser in your seven people.) I think Erik, the Chee's view on the end of it all would be really cool too. :D
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs

Apparently, all the "animals" on the ground were killed. But, let's face it, when has a Yeerk ever told Visser Three/One the truth? If people want James or the others back, I would find a way. Capnnerefir brought James back as the sole survivor in his neomorphs series, so it's conceivable for an auxiliary to return.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
Yes! I would LOVE to see an auxiliary POV story. Just what happens to then after the war and whatnot. :)
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs

Also, what would be the average number of chapters for an Animorphs book? I'm thinking between 21 and 25.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
Uh,  I looked and there were about 27 in the first book. :)
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs

The first book is significantly longer thb any of the non-Chronicles books, though. So that wouldn't be the average number.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
Ya, you're probably right. I think 25 would be good. Seems about average. :)
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
Re: Animorphs 55: Which Characters Would You Like to See Return?
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »
I'm planning to do 55 and onwards soon, as soon as I've read up to 54 and done enough research.

I will likely add one or two secondary characters to the main cast, but I shouldn't really give away any secrets ;) Don't want to spoil it for anyone!
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 01:14:07 PM »

Sounds good. But from a reader and fan's POV, which characters would you want to come back? I'm asking because I seem to have brought a lot back already, to the extent that some of them don't get a word of dialogue. Was hoping some input would help me narrow it down.
Tony's pet Goose.
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)

Offline Adam

• British
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Animorphs Fic Writer
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 01:34:38 PM »
Not sure at the moment. Haven't read the whole series yet, but I will get back to you the further in I go.

At the moment, Erek and Toby are my favourite secondary characters. But then, Erek apparantly fell out of favour with the Animorphs big time, and now that the Hork-Bajir are free, Toby and her family probably just sit around eating bark and putting up with Tobias' angst all day. :P
Check out my Animorphs fan-fiction on this site!
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=9858.0

Offline Tim Bruening

Apparently, all the "animals" on the ground were killed. But, let's face it, when has a Yeerk ever told Visser Three/One the truth? If people want James or the others back, I would find a way. Capnnerefir brought James back as the sole survivor in his neomorphs series, so it's conceivable for an auxiliary to return.

Where can I find his neomorph series?  Is it the series in which Animorph descendants must resist a renewed Yeerk invasion?

Offline matthew

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2015, 01:00:46 AM »
http://neopedia.wikidot.com/forum/t-151252/neomorphs-books

It isn't quite the story I am looking for.  I am looking for the story in which children of the Animorphs must resist a renewed Yeerk invasion.  As the story opens, they have just received their morphing licenses.  Te licenses limit which animals they can morph.  They have chips inside them ti keep track of the morphs they do.  If they get an illegal morph, they are made to burp it up a la Rachel in book 12.  They and a young Andalite practice morphing.  Then the Crayak shows up to inform them of a game (vs The One I think) in which these children must fight a 2nd Yeerk invasion.  Only the children are allowed to know of the Yeerk invasion.  The Yeerks are allowed some morph capable human-Controllers.  The Crayak had enabled a Human-Controller to stay away from the Pool long enough for the Yeerk to starve.  This former Controller joins the mission.

First mission: The Yeerks are about to perfect a substitute for Kandrona rays, based on instant maple ginger oatmeal.  The Yeerks had isolated the component that frees Yeerks of Kandrona dependency, and eliminated the insanity factor.  Our protagonists must destroy the research.  It takes them 3 tries!

Along the way, the protagonists must jigger their morphing licenses to allow them to morph dangerous life forms.

Offline matthew

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2015, 11:07:09 AM »
Don't know what that is, I just gave you the Neomorph series that you mentioned.