Author Topic: Seriously Though, Why Didn't the Animorphs Just...  (Read 29537 times)

NateSean

Re: Seriously Though, Why Didn't the Animorphs Just...
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2014, 06:34:04 AM »
Well the other thing was why didn't Temrash just start blaring thought-speak while in morph. I don't know how far that shack in the woods was supposed to be but I bet he could have given them a real run for their money if he started broadcasting his location on the off chance that someone might hear him.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2014, 08:10:04 AM »
And the other controllers would know this wasn't some Andalite trap...how?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »

I also didn't consider this. My guess is that the Yeerks was just too excited about his good luck, finding a morph capable human, and was too busy imagining himself as Visser or a council member instead of thinking. Plus, he was probably really nervous once he got closer and closer to the fugue.

Or he was just a stupid, stupid Yeerk.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
in his defense, blowing this whole Andalite Bandit problem out of the water would have done wonders for him. Assuming Visser Three didn't grab all the credit. We could come up with different reasons he didn't do things that KA couldn't see the Animorphs dealing well with.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2014, 04:45:21 AM »
in his defense, blowing this whole Andalite Bandit problem out of the water would have done wonders for him. Assuming Visser Three didn't grab all the credit. We could come up with different reasons he didn't do things that KA couldn't see the Animorphs dealing well with.
Knowing V3 it is kind of obvious what would have happened to someone who wanted to credit themselves for something... But then again this yeerk in Jake's head did want power and maybe wouldn't have thought about it. I agree on the last part, it is good however that threads like this exists. Thinking about other possible outcomes is never bad thing.

Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".
Well, thank you.  ;D
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2014, 08:27:08 AM »
Yeah, it's good to ask this kind of stuff. It's a good thread.

Ani-Master 2014!

NateSean

« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2014, 07:40:26 AM »
And the other controllers would know this wasn't some Andalite trap...how?

They had no problem following up on the "distress signal" in The Predator.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2014, 08:13:49 AM »
Very true. Nice catch.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:29 AM »
Why don't the Animorphs have the free Hork-Bajir kidnap random Human-Controllers (including Tom and Chapman) and starve the Yeerks out of them?

During the time the Animorphs had the morphing cube, why didn't they expose their most trusted friends to the cube, such as Jara Hamee the Hork-Bajir Seer?  Surely they can vet their friends to make sure they can be trusted.  (They had no opportunity to vet David, so its not surprising that making David an Animorph went haywire).

The Animorphs can easily spy on potential morphing candidates.

NateSean

« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »
Toby was the Seer, not Jara. I would agree with giving Toby the morphing power, but I highly doubt the other Hork-Bajir have the mental facilities to handle the morphing technology. It'd be like the Buffahuman thing all over again, only the Hork-Bajir would draw more attention since the Yeerks would know what to look for. Then there's the fact that the Yeerks found the hidden valley because they recaptured a Hork-Bajir and that didn't end well for either party.

The reason they didn't trust their friends is simple: They couldn't trust their friends. Even if they had a few close friends they absolutely knew were not controllers, what would give them the right to jump their friends into an all out war? This was the life and death process of fighting the Yeerk invasion, not selling cookies for the school band. As for the Animorphs "easily spying" on potential candidates, Tobias spied on a woman for several days without ever putting two and two together that she was the female morph of Visser Three.

Why didn't the Animorphs have the Hork-Bajir capture human controllers? Because people would notice their friends and family going missing. A former human controller wouldn't be able to go back into regular society while the Yeerks were still a threat and where are you going to keep them? The Hork-Bajir valley? The Hork-Bajir Valley wasn't meant to be the couch that the Animorphs could invite people to sleep on whenever they needed a place to crash.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2015, 12:25:16 PM »
Why didn't the Animorphs have the Hork-Bajir capture human controllers? Because people would notice their friends and family going missing. A former human controller wouldn't be able to go back into regular society while the Yeerks were still a threat and where are you going to keep them? The Hork-Bajir valley? The Hork-Bajir Valley wasn't meant to be the couch that the Animorphs could invite people to sleep on whenever they needed a place to crash.

That, and the Horkies weren't exactly Einsteins. It'd be like sending Forrest Gump to kidnap someone. They could easily panic and hurt someone, and the second something went wrong they'd have no idea what to do. Also it'd be incredibly difficult for them to make their way through town without being spotted by someone, controller or not. 7 foot tall bladed lizard men tend to stick out.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »

That, and the Horkies weren't exactly Einsteins. It'd be like sending Forrest Gump to kidnap someone. They could easily panic and hurt someone, and the second something went wrong they'd have no idea what to do. Also it'd be incredibly difficult for them to make their way through town without being spotted by someone, controller or not. 7 foot tall bladed lizard men tend to stick out.

For some time before "The Pretender", the Hork-Bajir had been kidnapping Hork-Bajir Controllers.  It therefore seems logical to have them kidnap Human-Controllers as well.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2015, 03:36:39 PM »

Okay, I'll send some Chee to back up the Hork-Bajir.  The Chee would use their holograms to conceal the Hork-Bajir, and help them transport the kidnapped Controllers.

Or I could have ALL the Animorphs acquire gorilla morphs so that they can overcome and carry the Human-Controllers.  (Why should Marco be the only gorilla?).

Or both of the above.

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2015, 03:38:31 PM »

For some time before "The Pretender", the Hork-Bajir had been kidnapping Hork-Bajir Controllers.  It therefore seems logical to have them kidnap Human-Controllers as well.
Humans going missing for 3 days and then coming back and screaming about how aliens were in their head is a little more suspicious. HB proably aren't smart enough to catch human controllers anyway.
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2015, 04:50:56 PM »

Humans going missing for 3 days and then coming back and screaming about how aliens were in their head is a little more suspicious. HB proably aren't smart enough to catch human controllers anyway.

Who said that I was going to let the freed humans return to town?  I was going to give them refuge at the HB valley, and provide the HB with technical assistance to pay for their keep.  I was also thinking of have the Chee fake their deaths.