Author Topic: The (Near) End of the Animorphs  (Read 1938 times)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
The (Near) End of the Animorphs
« on: June 01, 2013, 02:51:48 AM »
Mwahahaha. Second story that's been bouncing around in my head.  >:D *wonders if this has been done before*

Will probably take time into my other story... Eh, oh well.

Takes place during book six: The capture. And a bit of Alternamorphs 1 in there. >:D

Really short intro chapter.

The (Near) End of the Animorphs
Chapter I

My name is Emma.

You probably know all of what’s going on. Who am I, you may ask. I’m Emma, the lost Animorph.

I was with the Animorphs when we discovered the dying Andalite. I denied that there were Yeerks and Andalites, and that our world was being invaded, so I left. They made me promise to never use the power I gained that night. To never speak of anything that may blow their cover, or anything related to the so-called ‘invasion’, so I didn’t. That is, until one day…
------
I was walking to my algebra class, and saw Jake being semi-towed along by Cassie and Marco to the same class as me. It was the only one with all of us in it, well, except Tobias. Cassie and Marco spotted me at about the same time, and after a brief exchange, Cassie stopped and watched as Marco towed Jake into class. After they entered class, she locked eyes with me and waited for me. Once I got to her, she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the nearest empty bathroom. She looked a bit uncertain. Whatever was on her mind was big.

“Look, Emma, we know you don’t believe in all the invasion stuff,” she said in a near whisper, “but, we need your help.”

I sighed, “What’s wrong?” I asked.

She bit her lip, “Jake’s been captured.”

------
And I leave you with a cliffy. What will Emma's reaction be? Find out, probably later tonight.

EDIT: A link to FF: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9347264/1/The-Near-End-of-the-Animorphs
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:29:21 PM by abbybabbles »
My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
Re: The (Near) End of the Animorphs
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 03:41:41 AM »
Feeling creative. Another (probably short) chapter.

Chapter II

What felt like a blow to the chest knocked the wind out of me. No--It couldn't be. I thought for a moment and shook my head, denying it.

"Then who was that?" I asked suspiciously, pointing in the direction of Jake, or what I thought to be Jake.

Cassie shook her head, "Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill. An Andalite aristh. A cadet in the Andalite military. He absorbed Jake's DNA so that we could hold Jake for three days, to starve the Yeerk right out of him. We need more people to watch Jake, during the next couple of days." She looked at me, pleadingly, "Emma, we have to save Jake. We have to. We could all be doomed, including you. Please, Emma, will you help?"

I sighed, then had an idea, "Prove to me that the invasion is real."

She turned to me, shock overcoming helplessness, "What?"

"You heard me. Morph. Right here."

Her eyes widened, "I can't morph here, someone could walk in at any time."

"Then I guess I'm not helping," I said, and started to walk out of the bathrooms.

"Wait!" she said, then grabbed my arm and pulled me into the handicapped bathroom stall.

"Ooookkkayyy.... This isn't weird at all," I said.

"Emma, just shut up."

My eyes practically bugged out of my head. Cassie wasn't one to get mad. They widened even further (if it was possible) as I saw her shrink down in size, not much, but enough to freak me out. She fell forward onto her front hands, now paws, and I watched as grey fur covered her from head, to tail.

"Okay, I believe you now," I said, albeit a little shakily.

<Good, now will you help us?> she asked almost mockingly.

I shook my head, words rendered useless, and watched silently as she demorphed. She pulled on her outer clothes and we both dashed to class before we were late.
-----
Tada!! Two chapters today. Maybe more tomorrow. :)
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 09:27:52 AM »
You are absolutely high on ideas, aren't you, sister? ;) This is a good start though! :)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:32:26 AM »
Yep. Thanks. and I still hav two more bouncing around in my head. This one may become my primary project, depending on how tings play out. :)
EDIT: Felling motivated. I think I can get in one chapter today before I leave for class.

EDIT: Nevermind, I had to leave the second I started my chapter. Anyways, probably a short chapter.

Chapter III

After class, of which Jake, a.k.a Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill, managed to impress the math teacher incredibly, and after school Cassie took me to where Jake was located.

<Cassie..... Emma?> I heard a voice above me. I looked up to find a red-tailed hawk floating above us.

"I'll tell you later. What's wrong?" Cassie asked patiently.

The hawk, which I figured must be Tobias, dove sharply, and said <Jake. He's escaped.>

"No. Jake," I heard Cassie whisper, and she took off, with me following close behind.
------
Wahaha. There will probably be another chapter soon. I like this story a lot. Oh and the story won't follow the plot of the original story anymore. :) It's all from my amazing mind now. :)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:16:47 PM by abbybabbles »
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
I really like this story. You guys may not. But I am loving it right now. :D And you guys don't know what's gonna happen. If you think you do, feel free to post what you think will happen. :)

Chapter IV

I managed to get to the old shed without losing Cassie. She stormed inside, looking for any sign that this was a joke. I followed her and and watched as she collapsed on the ground and cried. I knelt down beside her, attempting to comfort her.

I watched as Tobias, Marco, Rachel, and Ax entered the shed. "What-what happened?" Cassie managed to mumble between sobs.

Tobias shook his head, a very human gesture. <I don't know, all I know is that while I was watching him, something knocked me out, and when I came to, he was gone.>

"Guys, this is really, really bad. If that Yeerk tells the Visser who and what we are... Man, that'll be the end of us," Marco moaned.

"Wow, Mr. Positive. Thanks for the confidence boost," I said sarcastically. "So, does anyone else," I said looking to Marco, "have any clue as to what we can do?"

All I got was a bunch of defeated faces. I sighed,"I take that as a no. Look, I believe in you guys now, I know what is happening is true and what you've been telling me is true." I paused, took a deep breath, and thought, 'Why am I doing this again? Oh yeah, to save lives. Just great.' "I'll help you guys get Jake back, and we will succeed," I looked around at my second time, new teammates, "Teach me how to morph."
End of chapter IV. When am I going to make these bigger? Who knows. Hopefully soon. :) Another chapter soon, don't hold me to it though. Something may change in my schedule.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:26:57 AM by abbybabbles »
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 12:23:50 AM »
This is cool, it's like starting all over again, except this is for just the one person. :) Oh, and a little screw-up over there - you gave Tobias normal quotes.

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 12:25:59 AM »
Ooops. I'll fix it.
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline RawrMonster!!!

• I like tacos!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 12:32:20 AM »
I like it Abby keep going make more my child lol tht was werid haha never mind the child thing haha okay I nvr said that

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:01 AM »
Whatevs. :)

EDIT: I got inspired to write. :D So here I am. :waves: Anyways, you're not here for me, now are you. So, on with the story!

Chapter V

Cassie was a mess. Granted, she wasn't crying anymore, but she looked terrible. She was helping me get the necessary morphs that I would need in the (very) near future. I acquired a Goshawk that had a broken wing in Cassie's barn, a ****roach, and a fly. Now we were on our way to the Gardens for a battle and water morph.

We paid, and, since it was less likely for us to get into trouble, headed towards the aquatic section of the zoo.

"So what do you want? We have dolphins, orcas, the works, really," Cassie asked quietly.

"Which would be easier to get?," I asked.

"Umm... Probably the dolphins. They are right over here." She took a hold of my arm and guided me to the dolphin exhibit. "They are really friendly and they will come up and lets us pet them."

And, just like Cassie said, I acquired one no problem. "We'll probably have to come back later tonight to get a battle morph for you. Especially if it's something big," Cassie was telling me, "but for now lets go look for any possibilities so we can get in and back out tonight."

I nodded my head and she took me to the bigger animals. The first thing to catch my eye was the leopards, but I ruled that out the second I saw a white Siberian Tiger. I nudged Cassie and pointed it out, "That's what I want. It's so pretty."

She looked at me, "Are you sure that's the one you want? There are other big cats if you don--"

"That's the one," I said, cutting her off. "That's what I want."

She nodded, "Alright, that's the one we'll get you, then."

We left the Gardens a short while after that and checked in with Marco, who had been searching for any sign of Jake while we were at the Gardens.

He was in his osprey morph, perched in a tree behind Cassie's house.

"Any sign of him?" Cassie asked.

<Actually, ya. We think we saw a flash of orange farther in the woods. I think the Yeerk may be lost, but we're not sure. The second we got down there, he was gone again. In fact, the Yeerk was going in the wrong direction. We haven't seen him since,> Marco reported, albeit a bit sadly.

Cassie sighed, "Keep a look out." She looked at her watch, "I may join you, since we can't get Emma's morph until later tonight."

"I want to come help too," I said, earning glances from both Marco and Cassie.

"Alright, I think I may have to teach you to morph clothes so you won't die of embarrassment. I think I have an extra leotard for you," she said, then ran to her house and came back with a black leotard. "Marco, get outta here while Emma puts this on."

<Whatever,> Marco said, and he took off.

I put on the leotard and Cassie told me what to do. "Just concentrate on the Goshawk. It's simple really," she told me, and soon we were off, on a search for Jake.
---
A bit of a longer chapter, still really short though.... grr.... Okay have fun with this one. It's gonna get good soon, trust me.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 02:24:53 PM by AbbyBabbles »
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 08:09:34 AM »
Why do I get the feeling that the fact that her battle morph is also a tiger, albeit a different colour, is a small yet significant detail?

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:55:05 AM »
Hmm... I dunno. You'll have to wait and see.
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013