Author Topic: Percy Jackson and the Animorphs  (Read 7923 times)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
  • "I'm honestly a huge dork."
    • My Book
Percy Jackson and the Animorphs
« on: April 07, 2013, 07:12:56 PM »
I know, the title is kind of ripping off Percy Jackson and the Olympians, but this is the only title I can think of right now. Please post your input.
   My name is Jake.

I can’t tell you my last name. None of us can. If they find us, well, let me tell you, there are things worse than death.

Imagine not being able to move your eyes, your body, absolutely unable to speak. Yeerks. They crawl in through your ear canal and wrap themselves around your brain, weaving into all of the nooks and crannies, taking absolute control. You can’t move or speak unless the Yeerk allows you to. They open up your memories and darkest secrets, and watch them like movies. The Yeerks are a parasitic species, traveling across the universe, taking over any species they come across, and now, they’re here on Earth.

They can infiltrate virtually undetected. The Yeerk has complete access to the hosts memories, habits, and instincts. They can act just like their host, and nobody would notice.

There is hope; Andalites, a race of blue furred, part deer, scorpion, and human creatures. The upper portion of their bodies are mostly human, if you look past the extra fingers and eyes, and the fact that instead of mouths they have three vertical slits. Their torso is similar to a small horse or deer. They look almost cute, until you see the tail. It’s almost the same as a scorpion, but instead of a stinger, they have a scythe-like blade, that can move faster than you can blink. They don’t ‘speak’, exactly, more like thoughts in your head, known as thought-speak.

‘We’ are, in reality, just “five kids with a death wish,” as my best friend puts it. Right now, we’re the only hope for the human race. Don’t worry; we have a weapon, the power to morph, to become any animal we can touch. It’s a blessing and a curse. It’s a curse that gives you wings to fly with, and a blessing that can give you screaming nightmares.

We, Cassie, Marco, Tobias, Rachel, Ax, and I, call ourselves the Animorphs. We hardly ever get out of a mission alive. This was one of those missions.
***************************************************************************************
Please tell me what you think and what I can change to make more sense to you as readers!!
I need help keeping my facts in order. I don't know of anyone in my town that reads these....

My Tumblr
Saffa is my shorm and RAFtwin. :D Lumy is my awesomeful RAFbrother. ;D
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer 2013
Best RAFian Supervillan/Minion Duo 2013 (Saffa/Abby :D Morph Twins)
RAFian Artist of the Year 2016

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
Re: Percy Jackson and the Animorphs
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 07:42:35 AM »
I like it a lot  so far. More please
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 11:05:51 AM »
I'm really excited to see the Percy Jackson angle here. Keep it coming! :)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 05:14:20 PM »
No problem!! I have plenty written. I will post bits at a time for you guys to pick apart. :)
Oh and the thought speak will be "/" cause I plan on posting this on FanFiction after I get the first chapter done. :) If you guys want I will post a link here too.
This is all I have typed right now.... I'm being lazy.... and you guys probably want to know what is going on.... I have a lot to type for you guys.....
***************************************************************************************************************************************
   We were, originally, just on a scouting mission, but, like most things, everything went wrong.

I was informed by Erik the Chee that the Yeerks were building a brand new Kandrona.

The Chee are a race of androids created by a super intelligent race called the Pemalites. The Pemalites created the Chee to be their loyal companions. The Pemalites were so advanced, they were above wars and fighting, but the rest of the universe wasn’t on the same level. When the Howlers came, they attacked the Pemalites, killing most of them. The few surviving Pemalites fled to Earth with the Chee, but soon succumbed to a disease the Howlers had infected them with, and to honor the spirits of the Pemalites, the Chee placed the Pemalites’ essence into wolves, creating dogs. The Chee are so very much like their creators. They have super-human abilities, but are sworn and programmed to never harm another soul. They fight against the Yeerks, and do all that they can to help us.

We, Animorphs, had destroyed the last Kandrona, and wanted to stop them at all costs. So we came to investigate.

/This is absolutely INSANE!/ Marco said, for what had to be the fifteenth time

/Marco, do me a favor and shut up,/ Rachel snapped at him.

We were all in our bird-of-prey morphs. It was a bright Saturday afternoon. We were gliding over the building Erik told us the Kandrona was being built in.

/Jake, won’t we have to go in sometime?/ Cassie asked me, curiously.

/Ya! Why don’t we? Go in, kick Yeerk butt, get out. Simple as that./ Rachel piped in.

I sighed, /Well, we may have to anyways, seeing as how we aren’t getting any information out here. Alright, everyone search for some sort of entrance, an open window or something so we can get in and demorph./

I veered off course and searched the small two-story house for a window. The house had been abandoned for years, and it didn’t have any indication that there was someone working there.

/I found one!/ I heard Cassie cry out to us. /Second floor. The side opposite the street./

I swerved and quickly found what she was talking about. /Alright guys, Ax, you go in first and knock out any controllers./ Controllers were what we called people who are controlled by a Yeerk. /The rest of us will follow you in./
   /Understood, Prince Jake,/ He replied

I saw Ax in his northern harrier morph fly gracefully through the open window.

/There are no controllers in the immediate area, however, I am hearing working on the lower level,/ he reported.

/Hurry and demorph. We need someone to guard while the rest of us demorph./ I told Ax.

We waited for a few minutes while Ax demorphed. When he called out I said, /Okay guys, one at a time. We don’t want to make any controllers suspicious. Cassie, I want you and Tobias to go last./ Cassie was our fastest morpher and Tobias only needed to be able to hear us.
**********************************************************************************************************************
I will finish posting the rest of what I have later. I'm being lazy. :P
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 11:12:45 PM »
Pretty nice writing, very fluid, and easily understandable.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 02:58:29 AM »
^^ agree :)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 02:19:01 PM »
Ahh!!! Sorry guys!! I'll try and post what I have ASAP!! I'm on my iPod so I can't do it without killing my thumbs. I have all of chapter one and I will post a link here too when I get that chapter up on FanFiction.
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 03:32:59 PM »
So, I'm hopefully going to be able to post all of chapter one this weekend (it's HUGE!!) and possibly tonight. BUT in the meantime, I would love your help figuring out a different title. I have a quest for them too. I wonder how Riordan does it...

Five kids and an Andalite
Shall come to your aid
For without their help,
Your worlds shall fade

Anyways, the whole plot of the story is that the Animorphs are about to die during their mission (again) and the Elimist rescues them and sends them to the Percy Jackson universe. They all end up traveling an trying to stop Gaia from destroying their worlds... It'll be fun. But PLEASE help me figure out a new title. I feel like I'm ripping that series off...
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
Here's the thing - I can't think of any other suitable title! Anyway it doesn't really matter, it's not like you're violating copyright or anything; I'm pretty sure fanfiction doesn't do that. Besides, putting a spin on the title is what good fanfiction is all about :)

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 06:06:44 PM »
Thanks Saffa.
Now, for the rest of this chapter....
Tobias was a casualty in this war. If you stay in morph for over two hours, you end up becoming a nothit, or a person stuck in morph, forever. Tobias was able to regain his morphing ability from and all-powerful being known as the Ellimist. The Ellimist also gave Tobias the ability to morph back into his human form for two hours at a time. He could just morph human and stay in his body for over two hours, but he doesn’t like the fact that he wouldn’t be able to help us.

/Marco, go in and help Ax with any Controllers snooping around. Rachel, after a minute, go and follow him. Then I’ll come, and Cassie and Tobias will follow,/ I told my team.

I watched silently as an osprey, then bald eagle flew in through the window. I turned and spilled the air from my peregrine falcon wings. A peregrine falcon can dive at speeds up to one-hundred miles an hour. It was exhilarating. All too quickly, the window popped in front of me. I flared, killing my speed and almost breaking my wings in the process. I landed and quickly demorphed.

The first thing to happen was for my beak to melt and re-form into my human mouth. Then, i started growing. I shot into the air while the rest of me changed. My wings became arms, my eyesight dulled, and my feathers flowed together and turned back into my pink, human skin. The whole time I was changing on the outside, my insides were moving around and placing themselves back into their normal positions.

I was wearing my bike shorts and a tight t-shirt. We haven't exactly figured out how to morph street clothes and shoes yet. Anytime one of us tries, the clothing usually ends up shredded.

I looked around to see Marco, my best friend, Rachel, my cousin, and Ax, our very own Andalite aristh. We watched as Cassie, then Tobias flew through the window. Cassie demorphed while I laid out our plan.

"Alright, everyone, go roach and spread out, but keep within thought-speak range. Tobias, I want you to fly around and watch for any sign of the Kandrona from outside, and keep an eye out for back-up," I told them.

Rachel looked at me questioningly, "What are we gonna do when we find the Kandrona?"

"Destroy it. We're scrapping the scouting mission. We may not get another opportunity like this. Find it, regroup, and destroy it." I looked each of them in the eyes, including Ax, "Don't take any stupid risks. We can't risk the fact that one of us might get caught or killed. You all know the risks." The Yeerks don't realize that we are all just human kids. They think that we are are Andalites. If they find out that we're human, we wouldn't last very long. Us and our families would be caught and infested, and then there really wouldn't be any hope for Earth.

We all started morphing to roach.

Morphing is always unpredictable.

I first started to shrink. I was about a foot tall before my skin turned into the roach's hard exoskeleton. Then the extra legs popped out of my chest. I felt all of my organs shift as my bones dissolved and were supported by the exoskeleton. Antenna sprouted out from my forehead and my vision changed from human to roach. After I had finally shrank to the right size, the rest of my body became fully roach. Finally, the roach brain bubbled up next to my own, and I quickly gained control over it.

Six ****roaches quickly skittered off into different directions.

/Try and find a way to the first floor. That's probably where the Yeerks are building the Kandrona,/ I instructed my team.

Taking my own advice, I ran to what looked like a giant hole in the wall, which my human brain understood as a doorway. I took my best guess and turned left, only to fall for what seemed like forever.

/Guys, if you turn left through the doorway you'll hit the stairs,/ I called after I landed, unhurt.

I dashed forward again and again as I practically flew down the stairs. After finally hitting the floor, I stopped. Four other roaches ran down the stairs and past me, trying to find the Kandrona. I took off along the wall, where it would be less likely for me to get stepped on.

A roach doesn't exactly 'hear'. It senses vibrations with its feet and antenna. I was searching for where the vibrations were strongest, when I felt someone walking through the room I was in. There were two of them and they were talking about the Kandrona. It took me a second to translate the vibrations into words.

"... need to finish it. Visser Three will have our heads if we don't finish it soon," one of them said.

"That's no problem. I'm just worried that we'll still be attacked by those Andalite bandits. We don't need the Kandrona destroyed," the other replied.

"Don't jinx us, or the Visser will have both our heads," the first scolded.

After a moment's hesitation while they pondered that thought, they both walked off towards where the Kandrona was being built. My roach legs motored off as I followed as close as I dared. The stairs had led out into a small room, and the two men opened a door leading into a hallway. i dashed under the door and listened as they opened a second door off the hall. The construction noises then became considerably louder. Quickly enough they closed it, and I was left to round up my team.

/Guys, I found it,/ I called out. /We need to work our way back upstairs to demorph and morph to battle morphs. We're taking down that Kandrona. Today./

/All right!/ Rachel said enthusiastically. /Let's kick some Yeerk butt!/

I spun around and skittered back to the stairs. I worried about Rachel sometimes. This war has seemed to turn a mall rat into a psychotic war goddess.* I wondered what would happen to her if the war suddenly ended, but I didn't have time to wonder for long. i arrived back at the stairs and, like it was nothing, ran straight up and across the steps again and again.

I made it back to the room we were first in and demorphed back to human. As I became almost completely human, I noticed another rapidly changing form, growing a few feet away from me. By the time I was fully human, there were three more, rapidly changing forms around me and Cassie, standing by my side with Tobias on her shoulder. Cassie has always been our fastest and best morpher. Soon I was looking around at my friends, all human, except for Tobias and Ax.

"Tobias, I need you in the sky again to watch in case the Yeerks call for back-up. Okay, everyone else, battle morphs," I said as I concentrated on my tiger morph.

I concentrated and watched as strips appeared on the tiger DNA and watched as strips appeared on my skin, then became three-dimensional fur. my knees reversed directions and I fell forward on to my newly formed paws. My tail sprouted out behind me, and my teeth grew longer and sharper. My ears climbed to the top of my head, and finally, all of my senses sharpened.

/Okay, guys, move out!/ I called, and soon there was a bear, gorilla, wolf, and Andalite following me down the narrow stairs, straight into a line of Hork-Bajair.
*I hope you guys get where I'm going with this... :)
There you go. the entire chapter one..... Now I'm really tired.... I'll get the rest of it for you guys later... And yes, I realize this is probably one of the longest chapters I will ever post.... So. See ya around!! *falls to the ground asleep*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:20:15 PM by abbyblaster »
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
Going really good so far 'coz I'm unable to figure out the Percy Jackson angle... but maybe I shouldn't spoil things for myself! :D

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
I'm not to that point yet, either. :) might post some more later...
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

Offline theyoungphoenix

• still abby
  • Xtreme Member
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »
Ahem. I have--finally--had time to update this! So, without further ado, I give you, chapter two!

Chapter II
Rachel's POV

I just about ran head-over-over heels with Jake. I searched frantically for the cause of him stopping, and found, to my surprise, a line of Hork-Bajir, looking rather confused. I don't think any of us were expected to be stopped so suddenly. Finally, after a few moments, one of the Yeerks managed to piece everything together, and yelled, "Andalites!"

Then all Hades broke loose. Jake roared a roar loud enough to make a grown man want to wet his pants. We all immediately jumped into action, and we were all soon locked in head-to-head combat with the Controllers.

One of them came at me, first attempting to shoot me. TSEEEW! A miss! I took advantage of his hesitation and leapt onto him, earning myself a few deep scratches. I barely managed to knock him down before he was able to do any serious damage. I leapt off of him and charged to another, successfully knocking that one down too. Just as I was about to tackle another, I felt a sharp pain on one of my rear legs. I gasped and instantly turned, searching for my next target, forgetting about the first Hork-Bajir that I was about to attack just seconds ago, earning myself another deep gash in my side. {Gahh!} I gasped. Maneuvering myself enough to keep an eye on the two aliens, I attacked, taking down the first, once again earning a few more gashes, and attempted to get the next one.

This one was a bit smarter than the other, and took aim and fired his hand-held dracon beam at me, burning my side. I roared in pain. {Rachel!} I heard someone cry, then looked up and saw Tobias swoop in and gouge out the eyes of the Hork-Bajir that attacked me. The Hork-Bajir cried out in pain and Tobias flew up into safety. {Guys! We need to get out of here! Visser Three just pulled up with a ton more Hork-Bajir! There must have been some sort of silent alarm that went off!}

Jake swore, {Guys, we need to get outta here!}

{Too late!} Marco called out, his voice filled with worry, because at that very moment, a crap-ton of Hork-Bajir and Visser Three came in.

“Well, well, well. Look at what we have here. The Andalite bandits,” the Visser chuckled. He demorphed into his stolen Andalite form. Immediately after, he began morphing into the giant, purple monster from the—incident. It was enough to distract me from the Hork-Bajir that had snuck up behind me. He slashed off my back leg, leaving a bloodied stump. I roared loudly in pain.

{Rachel!} I heard Tobias cry.

I ignored him, and—even though my vision was fuzzy and I was getting dizzy from the sudden loss of blood—turned and slashed at the alien. I managed to get rid of him, then collapsed on the floor. I heard cries of pain—both human and animal—from my teammates. We weren’t going to leave this alive.

It was too much. I was losing it. I couldn’t keep conscious anymore. {Rachel, demorph, now!} I heard someone say.

My mind was running just enough, {But the Visser—He’ll see that I’m human!} I protested weakly.

{Just demorph! It’s not worth losing you!} the voice said again.

All of my reason dissolved. Demorph? Why not? And everything went black.
-------------------
I woke up. I was human. Tired—but human. Everything was pure white. I groaned. I had a feeling I knew what had happened.

“Rachel, are you alright?” a concerned voice asked me.

I turned and smiled as he helped me up, “Ya, Tobias, I’m fine. Is it—“

“Ya, the Ellimist,” he said, and took me to the others.

“What is—“

AH. RACHEL, YOU ARE AWAKE. I HAVE A PROPOSITION FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM, the all-powerful being said.

Jake looked worriedly at me. I had a feeling that they had already heard and discussed the “proposition” and it wasn’t looking too good.

A SITUATION HAS ARISEN. IN AN ALTERNATE DIMENSION, A POWERFUL BEING HAS DISCOVERED A WAY TO RID ITSELF OF ITS ENEMIES. I NEED YOU TO GO AND HELP THE HEROES OF THAT DIMENSION. IF YOU DO NOT, THEN THAT DIMENSION, AND MANY OTHERS, INCLUDING YOUR OWN, WILL BE DESTROYED.

“It’s not like we have much of a choice then,” I said accusingly.

“Rachel, we have to do this,” Tobias told me.

I sighed in frustration, “Ya, I know.”

THEN IT IS DECIDED.
-----
Anyways. May update once more. I said "may". I'm not promising anything.
My Tumblr
Best Newcomer 2013

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2013, 06:06:25 AM »
Finally! Great update!