Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element ~The Beginning  (Read 76230 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element
« Reply #1410 on: December 27, 2014, 06:40:54 PM »
Ossanlin makes his way into the Dome to feed a bit on his way back to the bridge.  <Your observations hold some validity, Warrior.  Most nova situations show signs, but I doubt you'll find any signs more than a second before the nova itself.  It seems fairly obvious that those onboard self-destructed the ship.>  He trots briskly over the grass.  <Why and to what end we can only guess.  Perhaps to protect whatever the ship held...perhaps to avoid starvation.  It's all nothing more than mere conjecture.>

<In order to command, you must balance risk with potential gain.  A bit of luck helps as well.>  <<And given the circumstances, we were lucky.>>  Ossanlin continues to stroll at a semi-leisurely pace trying to think of hidden places.  <If you want to know how I made the decision to remove them...there isn't a formula or equation that will tell you exactly what to do, Aetheas.  I removed them because I felt that the risk had come to outweigh the potential reward.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1411 on: January 03, 2015, 01:48:56 AM »
Aetheas falls into step beside Ossanlin and sighs as a gentle breeze plays across his fur. He nods as he listens to Ossanlin's assessment of what he'd just witnessed. A self-destruct would account for the sudden destruction of the ship with no forewarning.

<A self-destruct would be the coward's way out,> he speculates, then pauses. <Or the martyr's.> He notes, with some interest, that the Captain's presence seems to be making him more comfortable speaking his thoughts as time goes on. Unusual, considering his usual disdain for authority and his initial... and, admittedly, continued intimidation at the hooves of this, the War Prince Ossanlin-Rethin-Sephirel. There must be something in Ossanlin's demeanor, in his tendency to speak across to Aetheas, rather than down... though that can't be all there is to it. He'll have to self-evaluate later.

<It's... unusual to find a Yeerk who would be willing to sacrifice himself to destroy his enemies, or to protect a secret. More unusual still to find an entire group willing to go along with such an action. Most or all of those caught in the blast, Yeerk and host, were likely destroyed involuntarily.> If he feels anything relating to this, it doesn't show; his voice and his outlook remain strictly analytical. <It's possible this is a defense employed specifically by this Light... even without consent of those aboard. On the other hand, it could just have been the doing of one Yeerk.> His stalk eyes turn towards his ARC-- perhaps he can figure something out from those recordings after all.

<If we run across the Light again, it would be advantageous to know more about their capabilities and tactics than we did in this encounter.> He looks towards Ossanlin and speaks directly to him, rather than half to himself as he's been doing, <Perhaps we can supplement your feelings of risk versus reward next time.> He gives the Captain a rare, brief eye-smile.

<With your permission, Captain, I would like to contribute to the investigation of the capabilities and tactics encountered. Analysis of the data, deconstruction of the technology, questioning of the...> he pauses. Prisoners? Refugees? <...New arrivals.>

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1412 on: January 04, 2015, 03:51:28 AM »
Ossanlin regards Aetheas with his main eyes, listening as the Warrior speaks.  <I will admit, my knowledge about the Light is limited.  What little I know suggests that they are...fanatical.  In a different but not wholly dissimilar way to Sector Seven.  While Sector Seven touts a logical approach, whether misguided or not, the Light instead takes an almost religious tack.  I would not put it past them to die in a blaze of ionized plasma rather than let something precious to them fall into Andalite hands.  Or the Temser in charge of that vessel may have remotely destroyed it...difficult to say.>  He shakes his head a bit.  <I do wish we could've discovered what that ship was hiding.  But such are the lamentations of the curious.>

<Any information is good information, Warrior, and I'd be glad for any revelations regarding the Light.  But I no longer have contact with my sources...we could ask the rebels perhaps, but I wouldn't be surprised if they know little more than I.  Shadow societies don't exactly broadcast their actions or intent, even amongst their own people.>  The far wall of the dome begins to phase into view as they reach the edge of the simulated paradise.

<By all means, Aetheas.  If you believe you can get any of the prisoners to talk...>  Ossanlin pauses, his main eyes widening.  <The rebels...the rebels brought at least one set of their memory probes.  We could perform memory dumps on all of the Yeerks and hosts.>  Ossanlin smiles a bit back at Aetheas.  <Thank you Warrior...I may not have thought of that without your queries regarding intelligence.>  He pauses, considering which rebel would be best to ask...probably Myitt, though perhaps the medical controllers would be best-suited to perform the task.  <I must ask one thing of you...the Hork-Bajir controller is in possession of the enemy shielding device as well as one of the modified Dracon beams, both confiscated from the ship.  They are both talented engineers, I have left the technology with them for the moment as a gesture of faith and goodwill.  If you want to peruse the technology, you will have to ask them...and relent if they refuse.  As long as that is within your capabilities, and I firmly believe that it is, you may do as you ask.>

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1413 on: January 30, 2015, 10:13:28 PM »
~Narration~

Facing uncertain and grim odds at best, the stalwart crew of the Tyrennian rocketed through Z-Space in search of someplace they could call home.  Where could they go?  Where could they build that they wouldn't be found?  These questions and more ran through every head aboard.  There had been some rumors from the pirate rebels...some sort of "backup" site.  Keslin had the coordinates and apparently knew how to get in and out...but his injuries would force the crew to wait.  Every site seemed too far away, or too well-known, or too deep within either Andalite or Yeerk space.  Hopefully Keslin's "backup" would hold the keys to survival.

For now, the Tyrennian moves through Z-Space, maintaining its carefully-obtained homeostasis.  Even if they found somewhere...if they found enough supplies to survive that long...it would be months before a rudimentary space-dock could be constructed.  Will the Rogue Element fight on, or will they fail even before they begin?

"Remember this above all, a martyr does little good once his death comes to pass.  Come home to us, so that you may celebrate victory alongside us all."

~Caradin-Firon-Merialk
            Prime Speaker, The Peoples' High Senatorial Electorate

*Moderator Notation*
This thread will now be locked and treated as an archive for the story of the Rogue Element.  Please refer to the Rogue Element OOC thread for the most-current Rogue Element thread.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 10:15:36 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade