Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element ~The Beginning  (Read 76221 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element
« Reply #1320 on: July 27, 2014, 10:43:18 AM »
"Yeah, but trying to bust our way through a place they know we're going into seems just as insane," Keshin states, muttering and running Joanne's hands through her hair in frustration. Keshin paces irritably, trying to think about the situation.

"Okay, okay," Keshin says, breathing and taking more stock of it. "....it's theoretically possible for a morph-capable member of the team to go through the rafters while I try and take on the front entrance with the other team members. It should probably be whoever has the least chance of surviving a straight confrontation, if possible. That would allow us to maintain an element of surprise. On the other hand, it would drop our odds from the front a tad."

He wasn't positive on this front even remotely, but it seemed like if there were going to be two teams he should be in the one attacking head-on. That was why he was sent onto this mission.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1321 on: July 27, 2014, 08:48:38 PM »
Serid nods, tapping his chin with a finger.  <Yes, I see where you're going with that, though we have no idea what might be waiting down belowdecks.>  He ****s his head to the side for a bit, thinking.  <I don't suppose it would be possible for you to blend in...if these are soldiers of this "Hand" or whatnot, then they're sure to know everyone on the ship.>

<We could go the other way as well...Ferxal and I could create a diversion up here as if we're trying to break through the hallway while you and Firin and perhaps our new friend here sneaked through below to come at them from behind.  Either way is risky.>  He glances again at the newly-freed Hork-Bajir.  <Again, you are not required to come along...if you wish to wait in the hangar, that is acceptable.  However, if you do wish to accompany us, would you be able to show us where to sneak through?>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1322 on: July 27, 2014, 09:00:09 PM »
"I don't think we can blend in, but we might be able to take the belowground route without being too troubled by any surprises," states Keshin with a pause. "....that makes sense. We'll do it in reverse."

Keshin glances at Serid and nods to the free Hork-Bajir. "It would help if you could show us where to go."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1323 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:57 PM »
"Master use me to walk lots. I know ship good." The Hork-Bajir said. "If you not win, would be bad for me? So I help." He examined the crawl space, working out how he'd crawl through. His minor wounds bothered him a little, but Hork-Bajir could tolerate a lot if need be.

<I will assist you, Command Warrior Serid.> Ferxal said. <We will keep their attention on us as long as we can.>

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1324 on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
Serid nods.  <I would think the cargo bay is devoid of defenders, though it's difficult to say.  Take one of the access hatches, Keshin.  Ferxal and I will try to draw their attention once you give the signal that you're in position to hit the engineering deck from the flank.>  He glances at the un-named Hork-Bajir.  <Thank you for your assistance, my friend.>

He moves forward toward the hallway and scans it with his ARC.  <Your assessment, Ferxal?>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1325 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
Ferxal looks at the hallway. <Even if we can't see the enemy, they will require cover. Any indention in the hallway they may be around, or any object in the way that may offer any protection, must be considered suspicious, even if our eyes or scanners see nothing.> He said. <I might suggest that as long as our energy cells hold out, we may flood the hallway with shredder fire. That would prove as distracting as anything, and constant sound should mask any footsteps that B team makes. I did remember to bring extra cells with me.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1326 on: August 01, 2014, 09:28:11 PM »
"Got it--- wait for me to contact you over the comm," states Keshin. He then darts down the hall to the room where the map seemed to suggest the hatches would be. He glances around warily for any signs of an attacker, but there didn't seem to be anyone in range. <Joanne, once we're through I need you ready to switch as soon as it's time for us to get the drop on them from behind.>

<You know I'm clear, Kess. I got the whole plan in my head.>

<....you could have fooled me....>

The auxiliary hatches weren't exactly exactly right in front of them when they got to the room that Serid had shown them, despite what a two-dimensional map might suggest. It took them a few minutes just to find it--- A minutely labeled, square metallic door sitting slightly above ground level. Keshin, scratching an itchy spot in Joanne's hair, lifted the little door and stared into the grim, dark-looking crawlspace ahead of them. It wasn't exactly inviting. He whistled.

<Goin' down that's gonna get my fine ass in shape.>

<Don't be lewd. Especially since there's a chance that Hork-Bajir is going to follow us.>

Keshin nonetheless reached a leg over, lifted Joanne's body into the crawlspace, and began crawling.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1327 on: August 04, 2014, 07:57:25 PM »
<Very well, Ferxal.  When Keshin contacts us, we will...as the humans say..."light them up.">  Serid eye-smiles a bit.  His time as a human had led him to pick up on some of their creative turns of phrase.

Firin growls a bit, but Rythil's oddly buoyant mood makes it sound a bit hollow.

<<Why in thirteen hells are you so happy?>>

<<Need you ask?  I have a new friend.>>

<<That makes no sense...we need to focus here.>>

<<Cold.>>

<<You're 'warm' enough for the both of us.>>

Firin slings the ASAR over his shoulder and crawls down the ladder into the crawl-space behind Keshin.  His ARC shows the outline of a hatch and ladder twenty feet forward leading down into the tail end of the cargo hold.  "I don't like enclosed spaces..."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1328 on: August 04, 2014, 08:15:58 PM »
<This will be just what I need to let off steam after my time spent in the tail fighter. I never liked being in those.> Ferxal said. <As much as I try to maintain emotional control, there are instances that cause me to need to recenter myself.>

The Hork-Bajir followed the others through the crawlspace, hoping that maybe his help would tip the scales in their favor. The imperials had a lot of stuff that was beyond his comprehension, but nothing was without weaknesses. "I not like tight spaces either. Might cut myself."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1329 on: August 13, 2014, 10:30:31 AM »
The crawlspace was thankfully short, considering the two Hork-Bajir following close behind her. The room eventually opens up to accommodate a ladder which they assume go down onto the catwalk above the cargo bay. "I'll go first," Joanne states, looking back at her two associates. "Follow me one by one- There's not a lotta space in here."

Joanne then heads down the ladder quickly, stepping very lightly onto their exit. She could see the floor below them, but it was farther down and more precarious than she had expected. She did spot another ladder ahead, though--- So maybe at least this wouldn't take much time. Joanne crosses half of the space towards the next ladder, tapping her foot on the rafters in the middle, and then waits for the other two.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1330 on: August 17, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »
The Hork-Bajir follows Joanne on the ladder, coming to stand behind her. He didn't hear anything near them. "Too quiet. Not like this." Now that he was closer to where the fighting would happen, he was feeling more tense. Maybe the other controllers were just as tense, just waiting for it to start so they could get to fighting instead of this anxious waiting. He wondered if they felt angry that the Bladeship crew abandoned them. These questions probably didn't matter. He should probably just focus. Except now that he was free to do what he wanted, he didn't really know what to do besides try to free his friends.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1331 on: August 17, 2014, 07:29:52 PM »
Varit had watched, a few minutes ago, as the turelek ran off to attend to the ongoing battle, leaving him essentially-alone, aside from his ever-present Andalite detail. He'd spent the next few minutes pacing, wandering out into the middle of the dome and back, hoping to find a rebel-- any rebel, really-- before deciding that they all must be off somewhere else. Shame, since he needs somebody to help him feed, and he's loathe to ask one of the Andalites.

Battle... he's been brought aboard a dome ship in the midst of a battle. For all they knew, this ship was constantly at the front line of the war, and it would only be a matter of time before it was torn to shreds.

<<We will survive,>> says Resseliss reassuringly. <<We have always survived.>>

<<We only have to mess that one up once,>> Varit responds dryly.

Varit feels his consciousness fade for a moment, a small spasm running through his actual, physical Yeerk body. He needs to feed, and now.

With a resolute sigh, Varit turns to the nearest Andalite; a young warrior with only a single stalk-eye trained on Varit, and the rest pointed directly at the transport aboard which the supposed-battle is taking place. Varit calls out, "I need to feed. Would you care to assist me?"

The Andalite looks surprised at being addressed, but seems almost relieved to have the distraction as he turns towards the Yeerk. <I...> he begins, finally tearing his last stalk eye away from the transport and scanning the dome for a higher authority. <I believe I can assist you,> he says uncertainly. <What do you require?> If this young warrior is put-off at all by the Taxxon before him, it doesn't show in his demeanor. In fact, not much shows in his demeanor except for tension in his shoulders and flanks.

"A safe place to keep my host, and transportation from there to the pool," responds Varit, sounding more confident than he feels. Even a young warrior could turn his Taxxon host inside out, or simply refuse to help him feed.

The warrior hesitates, then nods. <This way.> He leads the way a short distance out of the dome, avoiding conversation and staring at the transport. Soon he opens the door to an empty, tiny room. <This was my room as an aristh,> he says.

"This is fine," states Varit. "Now..." he hesitates, and shudders in disgust, "do you have a container? Or were you planning on carrying me to the pool?"

In an instant, all of the Andalite's attention is on Varit again. At the look of sheer horror on the Andalite's face, Varit begins to laugh, but a shudder wracks him, running from his Yeerk body and through his entire host, his vision swimming. By the time he can see again, he finds himself lying on the deck with a confused, concerned-looking Andalite at his side.

"I need to go now..." he mumbles, and without waiting for a response, begins the process of disconnecting his neural pathways from Resseliss's. Within moments, he's slithered out of Resseliss's ear canal and lies, helpless, on the deck, spasms continuing to contort his tiny body.

He waits. And waits. And as he waits, he begins to realize; he's going to die here. He can't trust this Andalite, and now he and his host are going to die right here, in this room. He's not thinking clearly... he's not planning clearly...

Soon, however, he feels a familiar Taxxon claw gently scoop his body from the ground. There's airflow over his body... and vibrations that might be sound... and after a few moments, as clear as a bell, the young warrior's voice saying, angrily, <Okay, I'll take it to the pool. Just get out of my face, Taxxon.>

The next sensation is the claw dumping him into a less-familiar hand, a soft-skinned, many-fingered hand. It closes menacingly around him, squeezing him just enough that it doesn't actually hurt... and Varit feels himself drifting... his concentration slipping... as though he's entering a sort of trance...

The next thing he knows, he finds himself in the familiar, warm, wet surroundings of a Yeerk pool, bathed in the light of the Kandrona. He allows himself to float to the surface, gratefully drinking it all in. He'll need to find a way to thank Resseliss for saving his life yet again, but that's for another day. For here... for now... this will have to be enough...

Aetheas watches, rapt, as the data streams in regarding Keshin's injury... the boarding party's difficulties... the bounty hunter's involvement... the speculation that this may be The Hand... He's not sure trusting that one would be his first choice, but he trusts Ossanlin... if the Captain thinks using her to be a worthwhile risk, Aetheas will hope for the best.

It's as the party splits to attempt a flanking maneuver on the bridge that something catches his eye. Nothing more than a brief flash of movement, picked up by the Tyrennian's sensors, located on the deck below the boarding party. Unsure, he rewinds the display and plays it back again.

There. Again. A brief flicker, and then it's gone.

<Captain,> he says uncertainly, sending the brief recording to the Captain's station, <I am not certain, but the enemy may be attempting to flank our boarding party now.>
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:33:10 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1332 on: August 19, 2014, 09:51:02 AM »
Efaen has been spending her time in her quarters, alternating between pacing and sleeping, leaving only to snag herself some of the slim human rations. She has kept up with what is happening on the Dome Ship as much as possible, but news spreads slow when you are mistrusted by almost everyone on board.

Two thoughts, products of the tracking chip embedded deep within her body, circling her blood stream, continue to resurface. I need to leave. Or I need to die. She can't help but wonder if the various complications that have been placed before them are, in part, her fault. The fault of her very existence here.

She still isn't anywhere close to confident with a fighter. Her lesson with Eleric was brief, and she is fairly certain that his mind was on something beyond mere tutelage. Their one short lesson is not enough for her to plan an effective escape, and she has no idea where he is to seek out a second lesson. Or if she wants to.

Sighing, eager for something -- anything -- to happen, she finally relents and steps out of her quarters. Perhaps she will find some other means to escape. Perhaps one of the other rebels is just as eager to be free of the place.

She has no particular destination in mind as she wanders through the halls. By default, her general direction is towards the Dome, but it is a meandering path, and she keeps her eyes open for other rebels.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1333 on: August 19, 2014, 10:41:10 AM »
Xevec and Derrel hadn't had much to do on the ship. It would have been nice for him to plan something to use as leverage when things started going sour for the rebels, but he had been watched clesely. Or at least Xevec felt like he was being constantly watched. If only he could plant a few explosives in key positions around the ship, he'd feel like he had something to hold over the grass eaters, but he couldn't figure out how.

As he thought about things, Derrel was cleaning the hallway floor. He was an uneducated homeless person without any expertise, but he always liked keeping busy. Always trying to help in what way he could, because people valued those who were useful to them. It was all part of surviving. Cleaning floors and walls was about the only thing the Andalites trusted him to do. Not that the place was very dirty. They ran a clean ship.

He noticed Efaen coming. "Hi Efaen. You doing okay? At least, as okay as it's possible to be in our situation?" Derrel said, still working what amounted to a high tech vacuum cleaner.

Derrel mentioning Efaen got Xevec thinking about her. The girl was apparently still loyal to the rebels, and some Andalites tried to be nice to her. In fact the new pilot had been attempting to be extra nice. Suddenly something clicked in Xevec's head. A grass eater that was loyal to the rebels, that the ship's pilot was trying to be friends with. There had to be some way to use that.

"Efaen." Xevec said. "You, uh...you're on our side, right? I know you keep to yourself a lot, and some of the other rebels aren't buddy buddy with you, but you lean on our side of the fence, right?"
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:30:04 AM by Chad32 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1334 on: August 19, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
Efaen stops her wanderings at being addressed, giving Derrel and Xevec small, cautious smile. "Your side of the fence?" she asks, blinking a little, many human idioms still lost on her. "Ah...yes, I'm 'on your side', as you say. Despite what the other rebels seem to think." She shrugs, looking a little abashed. "I certainly do not mean you any harm, if that is what you're worried about."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013