Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95025 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #1260 on: December 17, 2014, 02:30:58 PM »
Modification made.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1261 on: December 17, 2014, 02:50:02 PM »
It's fine. I probably should have had Claxter take longer to actually get the ship into Z-Space too, but what's done is done.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1262 on: January 03, 2015, 01:50:52 AM »
Holy crap, man, Aetheas gets really chatty when he's shaken up, apparently.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1263 on: January 03, 2015, 08:00:29 PM »
That's cool.  ^^  I've played lots of stoic characters...never having them break out of the shell gets really boring. 

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1264 on: January 08, 2015, 02:11:23 AM »
Especially with things moving this slowly. If most of Aetheas's posts are introspection, there's very little for anyone else to respond to.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1265 on: January 09, 2015, 03:54:02 PM »
Hm. I need to have Joanne and Keshin do something, but there are too few of us now to arrange for a good interaction.

*Hugs all*

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1266 on: January 19, 2015, 11:41:44 AM »
See below. Basically I want my characters to take action, but only the four of us are still on RE. I might have them talk to Serid, but I think we'd need to get some of the others back to make this Roleplay effective again. Granted..:} Ossanlin, you've been totally cool. If ever you want a private Animorphs Andalite-happy RP with us too, we'd be down in a second.

:)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1267 on: January 20, 2015, 10:24:25 PM »
I would love to see Rogue Element continue...unfortun ately it's becoming worse and worse with post inactivity.  The truth is, we never even got to the point that I wanted to get to.  If you all would believe it, this is all precursor story that I was talked into doing by the rebel mods.  Not that it was a bad idea to build the relationships that we did between our characters...but my original idea was to actually start the RP after the RE space-dock was already built.  My original idea was basically a ship's crew fighting the Empire and going on missions of discovery and exploration...basic ally Star Trek meets Firefly in the Animorphs universe.

What I'm saying is...we could perform an overhaul and archive the current RE as "Rogue Element -- The Beginning."  And then revamp, advance the time-line to where I was originally planning on starting the RP in the first place, and call it something like "Rogue Element -- The Unsung War" or something of that nature.  With the overhaul, we could redesign the RP to work for three players, (or possibly four if Scott wants to invest the time).  I have so many ideas and thoughts and plans that never saw the light of day because we just couldn't advance the plot at a reasonable pace.  At this point, some players have all but vanished without a trace, others post maybe once  every month or so...I feel like we need to regroup and revamp.  What do you two think?

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1268 on: January 20, 2015, 10:32:28 PM »
I just thought up something hilarious and possibly amazing...for some reason the image of nothlitized Keshin filling the First Officer spot popped into my head.  XD Can you guys think of a less-likely, more potentially-amazing pairing?  Claxter an ace helmsman, Aetheas(hopefully) a master TO, Firin as First Engineer, Varekil as First Medical, all we're missing is Sensors, and Communications and we have a primary crew.  ;)

*Also, make sure to read my post above this one and this post makes more sense. lol  ^^
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:42:56 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1269 on: January 20, 2015, 11:00:31 PM »
First Officer Keshin does sound hilarious. Yeah, it does feel like the current RP is in the Prologue stage of the story, and we get to the First Chapter when they're setting up the base. If Ferxal was already questioning Oss' idea of working with Yeerks, he'd call the guy crazy for making Keshin/Joanne First Officer. Now let's just give the Electorate Loyalist Andalite the Communications job, and we'll be daring Fate to screw everything up.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1270 on: January 21, 2015, 03:13:13 PM »
We would be up for a revamp, and would post more frequently with the knowledge that the game has been more properly built around the available players. We're in for the long haul with you and Chad. :) We should ensure, nonetheless, that people can drop in if they wish. <3

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1271 on: January 21, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
lol...anything's possible Chad.  I don't know if Oss would put him in charge of communications...ho wever, he would probably make a good head of security...which is technically included with communications...so yeah, definitely a possibility.

I'm ahead of you there, girlfriend.  ^^  Spacedock.  There will be people there running the facility all the time...it'll never be empty, so Myitt, Keslin, and pretty much anyone else could be stationed there with the plausible option of dropping in or bowing out without permanence. 

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1272 on: January 21, 2015, 09:08:44 PM »
He's definitely got the no nonsense demeanor for head of security, and would enjoy having a job that allows him to keep tabs on everyone.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1273 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:21 AM »
Okay, I'll start working on the overhaul.  I was hoping that we might hear from Scott as well, but you two are the ones whose opinions matter the most, so the decision is made either way.  ^^  I'll leave the RP thread open until I'm done setting things up for the new thread, which might possibly happen today since I don't work.  I'm still gonna send a PM to Scott, but I don't have a lot of hope for a timely response and I don't want that to hold things up.  I'm going to assume some things about the rebellion that I probably shouldn't assume, but seeing as we've lost the key rebellion players, I don't see any way around it.  As far as I'm concerned, the rebels stayed with the Tyrennian.  I'll let you guys know when the new thread is posted and ready.

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1274 on: January 27, 2015, 01:55:20 AM »
Alright guys (those that are still here), I've been thinking about how best to make this work...I heard back from Scott very quickly and he's still interested in RP.  He says he'll have more time available now, and will make a concerted effort to post hopefully at least twice per week.  I know Chad and I can keep up that pace, I think Kelly can too...but we may end up doing once per week if twice per doesn't work.  But I need you three to do it, please.  Obviously there will be some real life constraints like vacations or other extenuating circumstances that might keep people from posting from time to time, but those are and should be limited exceptions...frankl y with the original RE, it was all exceptions and almost no one keeping up with the schedule.  If that happens again...well then it may be time to call it quits for RE, but I'm hoping we can breathe some new life into it.

With a small, dedicated group, anything is possible, and it should be much easier for a smaller group to keep posting, which means less chances that everyone else is being held up by one person who's not posting (which is an incredibly frustrating situation).  I don't want to harp after people to post, that's not my style and that takes the fun out of it for both the person I'm harping at as well as myself, so please guys, please try to post at least twice per week unless it's absolutely impossible.

I will be likely be closing and locking the original thread...unless you guys want to continue using it.  It seems like a fresh thread with a new character description sheet thread and whatnot might be beneficial...sort of trimming out the fat without destroying the history of RE.  But if you guys want to keep the original thread open with our post stats and whatnot, I'm open to doing that.  I need you guys' input on this one.  I'm leaning toward locking it and starting fresh, but I want you guys' opinion first.

The revamp will not necessarily alter characters so much as simply pushing forward to a more-fruitful time in the story.  RE has found a location to establish a base and has built a rudimentary spacedock to service and refit the Tyrennian.  I'm thinking it's orbiting a small, temperate planet bearing simple life in the form of plants and animals, but nothing sentient.  Perhaps there is a small outpost on the planet's surface as well, sort of a shore-leave/scouting area if you will.  I will be assuming that the rebels reformed a Council and decided to stay with the Tyrennian and work together.  Myitt, Keslin, and other notables will be stationed either on the spacedock or on the planet's surface.  The Tyrennian will have left a shuttle and some fighters to serve as "jump-craft" between the land outpost and the space-dock.  And perhaps there is a material-rich asteroid cloud a short distance away to provide raw materials for building and maintenance.

The revamp will be somewhat episodic in nature with the primary command crew of the Tyrennian dealing with battling the Empire both in space and close-quarters, exploration (to some degree), searching for supplies and materials, etc.  We will likely have some time on the spacedock and such, as well as time on planet/moon surfaces, time on space stations, time on enemy vessels, etc.  You guys probably get the picture.  Star Trek plot formula with Firefly circumstances in the Animorphs universe.  This was the original concept and intention of my RP design.  Many rules will be the same, and there will still be character development, of course.  I will be developing stronger character sheets for a few of my characters that have become important in the course of the origin RP such as Varekil.

Kelly, I need to get with you about my idea for Kes and Joanne.  Are you okay with Joanne having nothlitized herself in the interrim?  This is the primary concern regarding Kes and Joanne.  Please let me know as soon as you can.  My vision for Kes and Joanne is that they have nothlitized a form which looks very similar to Joanne (though it can be completely different if that's your desire), and have adjusted to life without Joanne's condition to some extent.

Allow me to share my current vision with you guys as far as command crew assignments go.

Captain: Ossanlin (me)

First Officer:  Keshin-Joanne (Shen)

TO:  Aetheas (Lumy)

First Helm:  Claxter (Chad)

Security and Communications:  Ferxal (Chad)

Sensors:  -vacant-  (I do not wish to continue playing Esarvit as the character is not my own)

First Medical Officer:  Varekil (me)

First Engineer:  Firin-Rythil (me)

Lead Active Security:  -vacant-  (could cease to exist with Ferxal taking up the responsibilities of this position in addition to those of his primary post).

If you guys want to add any more characters, I would welcome one who would be able to run the Sensors station.  I don't care if it's an Andalite or a Rebel...I'm already running three of the primary characters, so I don't wish to bite off any more.  Chad has two.  Scott, Kelly...if either of you think you could keep up with a second character on the two-post per week time-sechedule...well it would be helpful.  If not, I'll be happy just to have you guys on one character at least and we'll make do.

The RP is going to revolve around the characters in these positions.  I'm letting my fighter pilot go for now...he'll probably become a QPC, but he's a bit ephemeral as it is and I really want to narrow my focus to the three important characters that I'll be running.

So, to sum up...two posts per week, do you want to start a new thread or continue using the current one, Kelly - let me know about the nothlit thing and your thoughts on Kes as First Officer, focused limited-character episodic concept, and let me know if someone wants to make another character to fill the Sensors station.  All other characters beyond those in these positions will be deemed inactive and if you so desire, may be placed upon the space-dock or the planet outpost for incidental roles and cameos.

Let me know what you think, guys.
~Luke

RAF Silverblade