Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95017 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #600 on: June 26, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »
Just in case you're wondering, Scott (or anyone else reading), Ossanlin's reference to the "first crescent" is a reference to the crescent which is added to the aristh bar to denote one who holds the rank of Warrior.  If you guys take a look at the insignia page I drew up, it should be pretty self-explanatory.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #601 on: June 28, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »
Just in case you're wondering, Scott (or anyone else reading), Ossanlin's reference to the "first crescent" is a reference to the crescent which is added to the aristh bar to denote one who holds the rank of Warrior.  If you guys take a look at the insignia page I drew up, it should be pretty self-explanatory.

I actually followed you there ^_^ I love the detail of the Andalite culture that's emerging here. More life coming to the species than just the canon material.

Hey, Chad, Claxter is on the dome in his own form, right? I think that's right. Did we want to say that their training session is scheduled for now-ish?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #602 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
Yes he's in the dome in his own form, and we can say he's supposed to train aetheas first thing when his shift starts.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #603 on: June 28, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
So, got a little ambitious and did another little drawing.  This is a top-down view of the Tyrennian's bridge layout (roughly).  It's not great...my talent is not with the pencils (as you all know already), but it provides a reference if people are curious.

The 1st Level (on the top third of the page) is set down about six feet from the 2nd Level (on the bottom half of the page).  The ramps run around either side.  So as you can see, the Captain's station is forward second level center.  The FO and Comms stations are set back slightly, and flanked right and left (respectively) of the Captain's station on the second level.  The First Active Security station and Auxiliary station are behind the FO and Comms stations, and angled slightly inward.  The TO station is directly in front of the Captain's station, but down on the first level, and the Helm and Sensors stations are forward on the first level, and flanked right and left (respectively) of the TO station.  Hope that makes sense.  The drawing should help a little at least.   :P

Main entry onto the bridge is a large, sliding double-door that emerges onto the rear of the second level at the center (noted on the bottom of the page).  The smaller door, exiting rear of the bridge to the right (bottom-right corner of the drawing) goes to the long, windowed officer meeting/duty prep room, which in turn connects with Ossanlin's administrative office.  The door to the left at the rear of the bridge (bottom-left corner of the drawing), is an auxiliary entrance/exit that connects with a lift-room that provides quick, easy access between the lower decks and the bridge.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 08:56:25 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #604 on: June 28, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
It looks nice. Is FO Field Officer?

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #605 on: June 28, 2013, 08:56:40 PM »
First Officer.  And thanks for the compliment, Chad.  :)

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #606 on: June 28, 2013, 09:02:09 PM »
Although come to think about it, the First Officer's responsibilities would include a great deal of field-work, so either or.  :)

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #607 on: June 28, 2013, 09:24:08 PM »
Also, do any of you guys know if Tara is going to continue with Rogue Element?  I know she's got a lot on her plate atm, but I haven't heard from her in...like...a month or something.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #608 on: June 29, 2013, 01:02:38 AM »
I'm not sure on that note, really.

I'll continue when we have the time/energy to get started again. <3 Actually, lemme post now for now. :)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #609 on: June 29, 2013, 08:39:01 AM »
Also, do any of you guys know if Tara is going to continue with Rogue Element?  I know she's got a lot on her plate atm, but I haven't heard from her in...like...a month or something.

I can ask her, but she's planning her wedding right now (which involves flying to Boston for a month next Wed.) so I would presume that if nothing else she is going to be taking a lengthy leave of absence.

On that note, just an fyi in advance, I will be gone from July 17 - July 29 for Tara's wedding and then a trip to England and Ireland. Since I'm going overseas I have no idea what my internet situation will be, but I'd go ahead and assume the worst and hope for the best. :P

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #610 on: June 30, 2013, 02:24:56 AM »
*Groan* I don't believe it. We were too stupid (Or lazy) to post. :P

Ah well---here we go. :B

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #611 on: June 30, 2013, 06:27:48 PM »
Just to let everyone know, I've not heard from Ember Nickel in a few months, so I'm making Esarvit a QPC of sorts.  If Ember decides to return, Esarvit can become a full PC again.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #612 on: July 01, 2013, 09:18:35 AM »
Sounds solid to me, Luke. I hope Ember comes back, but until then, this works for me.

<...Feel free to use the Auxiliary Console to research any non-secured information that might interest you...>

Out of curiosity, how much information would need to be 'secured' from the rebels on the Tyrennian? I mean, is Ossanlin still terribly concerned with protecting Andalite military secrets? It's not like this crew should really be expecting to ever return home after what they've done :P The crew and the rebels are a world unto themselves now.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #613 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:12 AM »
It's not like this crew should really be expecting to ever return home after what they've done  The crew and the rebels are a world unto themselves now.

A bunch of lunatics in an isolated spot with nobody but one another who couldn't disagree with each other more if they tried. ....yep, business as usual. XD In a lot of ways, the situations we tend to place our characters in reflect the nature of RAF itself.

Except we're all nicer. Much nicer. ;)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #614 on: July 01, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
I would just assume the Andalites would want to keep the rebels away from anything important in the ship, as well as keep them from just taking what they can find and ditching the Andalites with more than they intended the rebels to take.

Ani-Master 2014!