Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95049 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 08:06:15 PM »
No worries Marie.   ^^
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
Yayyyy welcome back Marie! :D

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2012, 09:11:32 PM »
Ugh, y'all come rescue us soon. I don't know how much of Emo-Tess I can take!!! :XD:
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »
So much emo-ness! Gahhh :(

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 10:28:08 PM »
I'll post for Claxter. I think everyone's probably going to have one more round of posts, then we might land and get started.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2012, 12:08:43 AM »
Yeah. This concept is unfortunately going to result in a lot of Emo Hell.  :XD:

...undoubtedly. Glad to see you back, Marie. Been wondering how you were. Your character is nine months pregnant? That sounds as if it will be very interesting to Roleplay. The characters here have quite a significant range of circumstances that will clash...nicely.  :angel:

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:40 AM »
So...if anyone wants to know how insane I am...I actually sat looking at the blueprints I drew for several hours designing Ossanlin's "plan..."  Honestly, I actually shot down several of my own suggestions for various tactical reasons within the thread, and eventually hashed out the plan I described...   :o   

Also, Tara, could you PM me with the number of Rebels/hosts you want to have captured and still surviving in Corvus?  And also any...plans...you may have for them?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 01:16:20 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2012, 07:44:50 AM »
Sure, Luke, but I'll have to get together with Jessi and Marie to figure that out. We have to pick and choose who's still alive :(

I'll get back to you soon!

And that's not insane, that's...that's pretty fantastic :D

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
I posted for Simon and Jocun that they reentered the bar and talked to Gene and Dom. We're not going to put GESB on hiatus, are we?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17:53 PM »
No, Dom will respond shortly. I'm a bit slow on all the threads this month due to NaNo. Going to the Paul McCartney concert tonight with Tara, but I should be able to respond tomorrow.

Luke, in response to your needing to know how many people are at Corvus...I hope it's okay for us to play the survivors as NPCs, because it will be incredibly difficult to only have our one rebel character (each) interact with only one another. Obviously the primary POV will remain with the character who we have sheets for, but we have a good thirty-four characters between the three of us (and that's JUST rebel/pirate characters, not Peace Movement charas) and it stands to reason that they'd be looking for people and interacting with people that aren't our primary players.

Who lives and who dies or is away from base when the attack happened? Um...we'll see. :) I'll talk to Tara and Marie about it asap.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2012, 04:15:21 AM »
Well yes, Jessie, I trust you guys enough to run semi-NPC's at need.  After all, I'm doing just that with Ehvrin and Aurellia.  It's a blurry line, but I've no attachment to either character, in fact they don't even have full names.  They're there because I need them to be there.  Honestly, they'll just get shoved off to one corner or another once the need for them has passed.

I assumed, with the discussion with Tara earlier, that there would be no more than...well the number that Tara mentioned, so there should be a few more besides you guys' characters, and honestly it'd be easier if you and Tara sort of took their actions off of my back.  I had planned on Tara running any rebel semi-NPC's anyway, but if it's okay with her, I'd be more than happy for you to control them too, Jessi.  I know Tara's uber-busy, so yeah.  Anyway, let me know what you guys think.  I'm waiting on more Andalite posts before I move the RP forward, most-notably the interaction between Claxter and Enorryma as they are planning to spar.  I had thought about involving Ossanlin with that as well, but we'll see how it turns out.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2012, 09:59:17 AM »
Yeah, odds are Tara, Marie and I will all take a small portion of the rebel survivors for NPCs. Like I said, we have about 34 characters between us (not including the Yeerks that may or may not be attached to those charas) so any of those that survive will be played by the usual players. I don't mind Tara Yeerking my rebel characters, but there's really no need for it if it's already one of my characters and I'm already in the rp. XD

If it helps you see how the split goes with us, we have four categories of characters: Rebels, Pirates, Peace Movement, Other. PM and Other probably won't play any role at all in this rp, but with all four groups combined we have a total of 87 characters (this includes Yeerks and humans). Marie plays 22, Tara plays 33, and I play 32 -- on a regular basis.

If we narrow it down to just the rebels and the pirates, which are the groups that would have been on base during the attack, there are a total of 50 characters that we actually play on a regular basis that are not deceased already (again, humans and Yeerks are counting separately here). Of those 52 characters one is an NPC and the remainder break down as follows: Tara: 20; Jessi: 19; Marie: 11.

Obviously a lot of those people will be dying, but at least you can see how big of a process it is for us to decide who lives and who dies. o.o Odds are we'll just take our individual lists and cut them down significantly, but we'll still NPC our own characters. It's just easier that way. :P

Annnd now you officially know how nuts we are. :)

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2012, 11:27:31 AM »
Wow. How can you keep up with so many, and I assume you have differing personalities and such for most if not all of them? I know you guys have been doing this for over a decade, but it just blows my mind to think about it. Though I guess when I think about it, I've come up with several characters myself already. I don't imagine really developing all the ones I could bring back very much. Temrash actually went off the rails on what kind of person he was originally supposed to be.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
They all have different personalities, yeah. And I really don't ever expect any of them to be one thing or another. I just know a little about their background and maybe some small personality things (like I know Dom is flamboyant, Dan has a temper problem, Edith is super outgoing and loves to gossip, etc), but I never go into a character knowing what I want to happen to them in the future. Or how I want them to act. They do that on their own. :P

Also...we rp a lot....we have several thousand pages dedicated to those characters.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2012, 12:33:31 PM »
I feel like such a greenhorn at roleplaying right now.

Ani-Master 2014!