Author Topic: Group Re-Read 2.0 Alternamorphs #2 The Next Passage  (Read 1854 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Group Re-Read 2.0 Alternamorphs #2 The Next Passage
« on: October 13, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »
Know the Secret
You have been chosen. You are the sixth Animorph. Are you ready?

Questions
   1. The last Alternamorphs had "you" as a part of a group from the very beginning, whereas this one adds you to the team in the same fashion as David. Why this way, and not some new method? What other ways are there one may have come into the Animorphs, willingly or not?

2. In addition to being on the Animorphs, the Alternamorphs books allow you to pick and choose your actions, and decide the route the Animorphs take. How well does this book allow you to work within the Animorphs, what did you think of the choices available? Of your options for this book, what choices do you like to make, and what do you think of how they ended up? What alternative storylines would you suggest?

3. The Alternamorphs also present some new morphs that don't occur in the regular series. What did you think of the new morphs used in this book? What was your favorite? What morphs would you choose upon joining the Animorphs?

4. How well do the Alternamorphs books capture the feeling the genuine Animorphs, both the series and the characters? Did you enjoy these books as an extra to the series? What different or more would you have liked to seen in these non-canonical bonuses?

5. One of the endings in this books puts You back in time to before discovering the blue box, suggesting you can avoid becoming an Animorph, unless you want to. What do you think you would do? Would you be willing to join the Animorphs again, or knowing they exist, choose to ignore the fight?

6. Approximately when is the last time you read this book? What changes do you expect or would like to see in a re-release?

7. Anything else?

Answer, ignore and submit your own questions and comments as you please; but remember to vote!

Next week: Megamorphs #4 Back to Before
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Ember Nickel

• Lipogram! Scorecard!
Re: Group Re-Read 2.0 Alternamorphs #2 The Next Passage
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 01:48:22 PM »
This was pretty absurd. Just shrinking two of the books down to miniature scale? Strange. But, I guess, a marketing ploy...

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Group Re-Read 2.0 Alternamorphs #2 The Next Passage
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 11:53:33 AM »
   1. A shameful lapse in creativity that's why. You could have had jail-breaked after or in route to being a controller, caught one of the Animorphs morphing on the roof and demanded answers. Okay that's only 2, and they aren't that creative, but I'm not a professional writer.

2. Really hate the iskroot one: be a wallflower or die? Lame. oh and the dinosaur one: die or end up watching a movie? MEGAlame. In fact, those summarize this book pretty well. The role was not yours, the interaction with the Animorphs not anything like their canon behavior. I'm always wishing for new plots in alternamorphs. In using old ones, these were from good books, but just riping them out of context, you lose so much (see below)

3. Like the komodo. Fascinating creature would have been cool to see more. I always picture myself with a lion morph, golden eagle and/or Northern Goshawk, shark, fly, roach, rattler, gull, wolf, couple dogs. I'm trying to be practical here, but really I'd try for any and every animal I could get.

4. In terms of adventure it does fine, but in terms of characters and theme, this books do nothing. You could say they aren't supposed, but being with Animorphs 65 mya is not the same as being with the Animorphs actively protecting modern Earth from Visser Three's plots. I almost never read them when doing the rest of the books, but if they are going to add in a parallel universe to Aniverse, it could have been different, but kept the ideals.

5. This is tricksey. I've said that on seeing Elfangor at the start, I'd likely have run away. But having gone through an extended time as an Animorph, I think it's more likely I'd go back for more (ignoring all the personal, losing family stuff). Maybe confidence, maybe a bigger sense of responsibility, but knowing that I could survive all that hell and manipulation, knowing what was going on, having the power, I do think I'd go in. (Course I'm not sure how it would work in the context of this book with the Ellimist being all pissed that you were but, eh.)
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....