Author Topic: Wanna be in a RAFfic? (Enter RAF)  (Read 14281 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Wanna be in a RAFfic? (Enter RAF)
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
I do like the idea of a D&D paladin sworn to protect RAF.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »
Right? An Andalite in Full Plate armor brandishing a great sword. Using both his sword and tail to strike down his foes!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
He would also be naturally proficient with the long sword.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
Okay, well, as you may have noticed, this RAFfic has been on hiatus for entirely too long.  And I do aim to fix that soon (hopefully).  For the moment, though, I think it's at least nearing the time to proceed to voting on the Champion's form.  Be sure and glance at the first post, because I've added a few new options as others have suggested them.

So, then, this is the last call for new ideas, before we vote!  If nobody speaks up within the next couple of days, I think, we will move on to the next step.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 06:39:02 PM »
*blows dust off thread*

Contrary to all apparent evidence, I do fully intend to finish this fic someday.  SOMEDAY SOON PARHAPS?  :D

So, anyway, it's probably just about time to open up the voting!  If you're the observant sort, you may have noticed that (months ago, back when my muse was still actively communicating with me) I added an option to the list of ideas in the original post, for a generalized 'humanoid' Champion that would allow for several different variations.  Which was because I noticed that almost all the ideas that had been submitted had a 'human-ish' bent to them.  Even the Andalite one could be quite feasibly blended into a generally humanoid-ish Champion without being too divergent.  So, that option could allow pretty much every other idea to be used in the story.  Of course I'd still allow anybody who wished to expand on their ideas, as described in the original post, in order to contribute something meaningful to the fic.

But I still don't want to cheat anybody out of a (much-too-long-awaited) vote, so, hopefully without skewing anybody's opinions too much with the above comment, let the votes commence!

P.S. Don't worry too much about deadlines for the moment, since I still have a few chapters that I intend to write before the Champion actually appears.  I never know how long my muse is going to stay with me, or how much inspiration she'll give, so we'll just have to see how long those chapters actually take me to write.  :P

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 10:17:56 AM »
Are you finalised on a decision? Coz I still have a few bits of my own to put forward..

Yeah, the humanoid idea sounds great. Maybe even make him, er, her, er, it, a shape-shifter of sorts...   :P
OH! OH! That gives me another idea!
If we could use the RAFchampion to combine the powers of the most powerful RAFians somehow...? I'll leave you to decide how, since this is, after all, your RAFfic. But the basic point that lead me on that track is united we stand, divided we, well, make Pootang feel like he's swatting flies.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »
Nope, nothing is finalized at all.  In point of fact, I was just beginning to think of altering my original plan, since nobody seems to be voting.  :P  I kinda hate to just be like, "Hey guys I have an idea and I know I told you guys you'd get to vote but we're using my idea instead kthanxbai."  But if nobody ever posts their votes, or even voices any dissent against that plan, then I may just end up doing that anyhow.

And, yeah, I probably am going to end up incorporating the powers of powerful RAFians, since "a combination of all possible RAFians" is an idea that has been put forth by a number of people already (not to mention because it's a good idea anyhow, lol).  As for shape-shifting, well, we've got a lot of folks with morphing powers on RAF, so in all likelihood, at least some aspects of the Champion will be able to do so.

While this may be 'my' RAFfic, it was always my intention that this part of it would not be mine alone.  So, if you happen to come up with any more specific ideas about how you think a combination of RAFians' powers would work, please feel free to elaborate as much as you'd like.  :)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
Err, sorry for being a noob but where do I vote?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 10:09:19 PM »
Gah, sorry for the late reply, I didn't see your post until just now.  :-X

Anyway, just post your vote, or PM me if you'd rather it be kept private.  I wanted to do it that way instead of creating a poll, so that way people can vote for more than one option, say, if they like certain details of one idea and other details of a different one.

Although, now that I think of it . . . maybe that's why nobody is voting.  Perhaps I made it all too complicated.  :P