Author Topic: Alternamorphs The First Journey  (Read 8170 times)

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Alternamorphs The First Journey
« on: June 23, 2012, 12:31:24 PM »
You have been chosen. You are the sixth Animorph. Are you ready?
JOIN US

Questions
   1. As we've been discussing, each of the Animorphs has something of a defined role within the group. This book contains You as an addition to the group. What did you think of your character's place on the team, as written in this book? What role do you see yourself actually taking as one of the Animorphs? How necessary or beneficial do you think it would be?

2. In addition to being on the Animorphs, the Alternamorphs books allow you to pick and choose your actions, and decide the route the Animorphs take. How well does this book allow you to work within the Animorphs, what did you think of the choices available? Of your options for this book, what choices do you like to make, and what do you think of how they ended up? What alternative story lines would you suggest?

3. The Alternamorphs also present some new morphs that don't occur in the regular series. What did you think of the new morphs used in this book, which includeS: hyenea, giraffe, ferret, poison arrow frog and chameleon? What was your favorite? What additional morphs would you have like to seen in the series run?

4. Approximately when is the last time you read this book? What changes do you expect or would like to see in a re-release?

5. Anything else?

Answer, ignore and submit your own questions and comments as you please; but remember to vote!

Next week: #28 The Experiment

Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: Alternamorphs The First Journey
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 02:49:27 PM »
No love for alterni's.
No surprise. Anyway:

1. Since you get to choose the stories, they kinda make you the defacto leader. You're on your own a lot, and even with the group, you call the shots on what to do, even though Jake is still there. Had the actual me been featured, I picture something between Marco and Tobias. Not as quiet as Tobias, not as tactical as Marco-though just as complainy. Reluctant but willing, I don't know if I'd be great at devising worthwhile plans, but would probably be one of the first to poke holes in the what ever is worked out. Necessary? Not at all. Beneficial? Just short of hindrance :X
   2. There's only one possible way to win, and all the stories are rehash. Boo. So many deaths I died.  Didn't really love any of them, wish there was something new in terms of adventures. And since they are all old, you can compare, and really, the You character is irrelevant-biggest fault with this Alternamorph I think.
   3. Hyena would have been cool for someone in canon. I'll soon be getting to know something of an expert on them, but presently I don't picture them as mad as this book made out. Giraffe I surprisingly liked. Somehow I always think big horse when I read that part, but it'd be interesting to move with a neck like that. In general I'd have like to seen more reptile in combat, but since there are only a few of them suitable, I guess I can't be too disappointed. Least we got croc a couple of times.
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....