Author Topic: The Supernaturalists (Of Sorts)  (Read 7425 times)

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
The Supernaturalists (Of Sorts)
« on: August 26, 2008, 04:24:29 AM »
this is an RPG based off of Eoin Colfers book The Supernaturalists.

In Satellite City, the city of the future, the rooftops are patrolled by the Supernaturalists. These are groups of teenagers whose sixth sense has been awakened by a combination of the chemical fog that hangs over the city and near death experience. The Supernaturalists are the only ones who can see the ghostly blue creatures that infest the entire city, feeding on human life force. They decide to save humanity by blasting these parasites with their LR2s. It shouldn't be too difficult, all they have to do is track down and vapourise thousands of supernatural creatures and avoid becoming prey themselves.

if you want to join:

Name:
Appearance:
Near Death Experience:
Affiliation:

Not all people who can see the creatures have had a near death experience. some people, called 'bartoli babies' have different abilities, such as seeing the creatures, but stay as short as children for the duration of their lives.

the affiliation does not have to be supernaturalist, as their are people who would harness the creatures abilities to clean the skies of Satellite city as Terrorists. Or Racers, who race, but draw in the atttention of the creatures unknowingly, and trade with the supernaturalists
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 03:59:03 AM by -1-2-3- »
'Remembering is just an invention of the mind. you can remember anything, whether it happened or not.'

'pain is a state of mind, it can be overcome'
- Freak The Mighty.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
Re: The Supernaturalists (Of Sorts)
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:24:43 AM »
Oooh, I LOVE this BOOK!!

I don't have time this moment, but I'll draw up a profile the first chance I have. :)
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »
wow, quick reply!

but anyway, i need to say:

1. characters from the book can be brought in.
2. the lair/building they use will be used in this RPG.
3. a character can be an orphan or not, as the main character in the book is an orphan.
4. do NOT god-mod. i shouldn't need to say this, but people do anyway if i don't.
5. give other charcters a chance.
6. bartoli babies have one other ability.
7. the police attack when you attack the creatures, and then, if you really raise hell, lawyers come (i know, sounds cheesey, but if anyone has read the book they'd understand).

now, i think the rules have been set. as soon as people join, we can start.

Name: Dominic Santiago.

Nickname(s): Dom, anything not rude.

Personality: rather agressive, he gets angry whenever something he doesn't like happens (which is suprisingly often). ever since the accident, he has been known to get suprisingly angry at small things, and some of the team suspect he's mildly schizophrenic.

Appearance:
the gun is an antique, one of the first muskets ever. possibly still has it, nothing has been confirmed.

Near Death Experience: he was in a bar-fight, which erupted into a huge brawl. during which, he was thrown onto a 44,000 volt generator and it stopped his heart. it suprisingly didn't kill him. the supernaturalists found him, because there was one in the bar, jump-started his heart, and he's been on the team ever since.

Affiliation: Supernaturalist.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:01:34 AM by -1-2-3- »
'Remembering is just an invention of the mind. you can remember anything, whether it happened or not.'

- Freak The Mighty.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 06:19:14 AM »
Aheh...sorry for taking so long...I've had Calculus to bother me the past few nights, and I cannot draw up a profile RIGHT now.

I fully intend to make one within the next few days, and I apologise for the delays.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:38:33 AM »
I haven't read this book but it seems really cool.
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 06:25:01 PM »
Aheh...sorry for taking so long...I've had Calculus to bother me the past few nights, and I cannot draw up a profile RIGHT now.

I fully intend to make one within the next few days, and I apologise for the delays.

it's fine, i don't really expect people to be able to do it in three seconds.

I haven't read this book but it seems really cool.

i think it's an e-book somewhere. well, it probably would be, and it's a really good book, with a twist at the end.

- Freak The Mighty.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »
Name: Sofia Clarke
Nickname(s): Sofi, Sof, Fia
Personality: Sofi is calm, quiet, and unassuming. She works hard at everything, but she doesn't ever really EXCEL. A B-and-C-student in college, just trying to get through her classes, she doesn't pay a lot of attention to the world around her...and it's about to put her in the path of danger.
Appearance: 5'4", short blonde hair and brown eyes, pretty much normal-looking. Not a face or a shape that you'd immediately notice in a crowd. Not exactly pretty, but not ugly, either. Just...ordinary.
Near Death Experience: Hasn't happened yet, but it will VERY soon. >:D
Affiliation: None, yet.

Offline Unknown?

• there's a death for everything...
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 05:01:00 AM »
this author rocks! this is my favourite book by him though.

i can join now right? if so:

Name: Alexis Griffiths Edwards.
Nickname(s) Age, Alex.
Personality: a huge hothead, and will fight when provoked. if she gets moderately stressed out, she retreats into a book.
Appearance: a redhead, she is one of the people that makes others jealous. she is immediately noticeable, which makes it a bother when she's trying to be sneaky.
Near Death Experience: when she was 17, she got into a fight with another girl on a high building. she got pushed off, and fell onto a spike. it pierced through her body, as she was rushed to a hospital, she saw things following her. the supernaturalists went to see her in the hospital, and recruited her. ever since then, she has had trouble breathing.
Affiliation: supernaturalists.

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 01:20:28 AM »
yeah, it's perfectly fine. i'll start it soon, although i'm slightly hoping one other person will join.

- Freak The Mighty.

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:05:05 AM »
let's get this one started, then, if no-one is joining.

"somethings going to happen tonight," i said "and it's going to be big" and when i finished saying it, an alarm went off in the distance. the little bartoli baby crawled up next to me, and said, "we're going to save them, aren't we?" with a bit of a a tired out droll to his voice. "yeah" i replied, "and i hope that by the time we get there, there'll be someone, or thing, left to kill, or save."

(this can set up the cue for estelore to enter, if you want.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 04:00:48 AM by -1-2-3- »

- Freak The Mighty.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:45:43 AM »
i haven't read the books, but i'd love to give this a try.

btw, if i don't post for more that about 3 posts, i give permission for anyone who is in the RP to god-mod my char till i return

Name: Shamus McMurdock

Nickname(s): Mac, Big Mac, Farm-boy

Personality: a quiet farm boy from the farms of Ireland, he moved to Satellite City with his parents when he was 14, he will fight for what he believes in, especially when provoked.

Appearance: around 5'3", he is rather short and he is surprisingly agile, making him an extremely fast runner. he has short cropped red hair, because of the way his father had him brought up, the so-called crazy Gunnery Sargent, Mike McMurdock of the Ireland army. he is also a remarkable shot with his modified LR2 with extended barrel, and 10x scope. because of the accident he had with his father, he has had to have both his lungs replaced with bio-mechanical chest implants, making him immune to all gas based weapons. despite his short stature, he is suprisingly strong. he also has a few tattoos. he has a tribal tattoo starting from the base of his neck,going half way down his back, the four elements in Japanese Kanji going down his right arm to his elbow, a sleve tattoo of Koi down his left arm to his elbow, and a tattoo of a dragon going down his left leg starting at the knee going down to the his ankle.

Near Death Experience: a freak accident during a hunting trip with his father when he was 11, had ended him in hospital with a about 4 shotgun slugs embedded in his chest just above his heart and both his lungs. he now has a massive "Y" shaped scar on his chest that spreads from his shoulders to his sternum, and down to his navel (bellybutton). (kinda like an autopsy scar)

Affiliation: Supernaturalists.

EDIT: for pics of his tattoo's, see the attached pics:

(that one is just the characters)

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:45:36 AM by Tassadar »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »
(Thanks, Base10. I don't have time now, as I'm about to head to classes, but I'll draw up my post as soon as I have proper time for it, probably later this evening. G'day!)

Edit: Sorry, sorry, again sorry, but I've had a drastically literally-life-or-death important matter to occupy me tonight. I will tend this as soon as I can, but not tonight.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 08:01:51 PM by Estelore »

Offline Unknown?

• there's a death for everything...
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 03:55:29 AM »
while dom and the bartoli baby, ditto, moved to where i was picking them up, i went past where i had my accident. it brought a tear to my eye, and made me struggle to find my breath slightly. it seemed like something was going to happen, as numbers of these creatures were amassing. i tried to hit a few in the car, ((lets say i'm the one who can drive, eh?)) but they seemed to reinflate, almost. i pulled up right in front of them. "'Bought time, don't you think?" said dom's gruff voice, as he opened the door. i looked at ditto, and said "I put a booster seat in the back for you, ditto." and he replied: "oh, haha, very funny. but anyway, thanks.... a bit...."

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 09:00:14 PM »
(Guys, for future reference, my posts are going to sound very...conversation al. As though she is telling the story to a friend...or a psychotherapist. It isn't normal for me to write informally like this, but I'll be giving it my best.)

I crossed the street of my bus stop as fast as I could, knowing that I was already too late to get from my apartment to the campus before the exams began. The traffic was especially thick today, and it had just started pouring rain. As I climbed onto the city bus, I felt a piece of gum stick to the bottom of my shoe. As I looked down at it, I tripped on my untied shoelaces and FELL into the bus, gashing my knee on the steps.
Oh, great. Just great.
It was hard not to believe that the universe was playing a very sick joke on me, and me alone.
"Hey, lady? Y'okay?"
I nodded weakly at the bus driver, recovering my composure as well as I could before claiming my seat at the back...
or rather, what SHOULD have been my seat.
Someone was already sitting in each and every seat.
Well, I guess that I'll be standing this time. I can live with that.
The bus finally hit an open stretch of road, and the driver floored it...
so naturally, I fell into the lap of the old man behind me.
"SORRY!! SORRY!! Excuse me!"
I jumped up and grabbed the nearest of the hand-loops suspended from the ceiling. To my dismay, the frayed nylon was covered in some greasy black slime, which transferred to my hand. I wiped it on my hip before I could catch myself, leaving a nasty stain.
Yuck. Hope it washes out.

The driver hit the brakes suddenly, and I tripped over my still-untied shoelaces, landing face-first in a muddy pool that had gathered in the floor, where everyone's wet shoes had drained. My clean shirt was clean no longer.
Man?!? What IS this? National Pick-On-Sofi Day?

Finally, after crawling through ridiculous traffic, I was able to stumble off the bus...
where a large "SPLATT!!" on my shoulder indicated that I was also the target of the hatred of every local bird.
Peachy-Keen. What next?

I ran as fast as I could to get to my first class, to find that I'd been locked out of the room where we'd be taking exams. A sign on the door said 'Late-comers need not enter. Go to Room 130 for the make-up exam.'
I hurried to Room 130, took my seat, and began the exam.

I didn't recognise any of the questions, despite my midnight cram-session last night. Ugh.
A strange sound at the back of the room caught my attention.
Hey. What IS that ticking noise?
It might have been my imagination, but I also thought that I heard...shouting?... in the main exam room.
Weird. Exams are QUIET. What's this? Eh. No matter. Do your work.
Suddenly, a weird vibration rippled through the room, and my desk rattled violently.

Then the world exploded into flames and pain, and I blacked out.

*some time later*

Strange voices...broken...m ade no sense....

wha?

"...planted a bomb in the main annex...AND...earth quake caused...electrical short...AND...boile r explosion...all...s ame time. Who'd...imagined...was possible? So many accidents all at once?"
"...had threats, but didn't think anything of it...stuff...this.. .all the time...couldn't know..."
"...hey...okay?"
"...is the only survivor that they could find...don't...how she did it...was...clean through..."
"Impaled?! By WHAT?!"
"...flagpole...just missed...heart...an inch...killed her, they said. Broke nearly every...in...body. Third...burns...pun ctured lung. Lucky...alive....ne ver seen such amazing good luck."
"Has it occurred...you...to day...Friday the 13th?"

I blacked out again.

I drifted, and I could feel the morphine in my system. It was making me SEVERELY nauseous. Blasted allergies. Ugh.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked down at myself. I clamped my eyes tightly shut again, to fight back the pain...
so many burns!

Wait...what pain?

With or without morphine, I should have been in agony...but...
Forget it.

I opened my eyes again, only to find myself surrounded by strange blue-coloured alien-looking things.
I was too scared and too paralyzed by bandages to fight it away, but I COULD reach the call-button.

From a distance, I could hear people shouting and running.
I blacked out again.

(The shouting and running can be a hallucination, or it can be you guys showing up. 'Sup to you.)

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 10:14:24 PM »
(us showing up, it sounds better)

"come on, drive faster!! more dangerously!! if not, we may not make it in time to ki- i mean, try and recruit some of the survivors!"

when we finally got there, there was one charred person who was induistinguishable through the flames and burns. the creatures were still crowding around her, though. i said out "where the hell is the farm boy? he's the most aggresive, and the creatures seem to be slightly scared of him. where is he?"
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:09:11 PM by -1-2-3- »

- Freak The Mighty.