Author Topic: After the Animorphs: The One  (Read 14223 times)

Offline Doomhawk

Re: After the Animorphs: The One
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
DAVID
I felt almost as awkward as I had with the Animorphs when I heard hints as to how these people usually dealt with outsiders. But being an outsider was nothing new. I waited silently for the hunter to negotiate with his leader. Whoever these people were, it was kind of creepy to me. It seemed almost like a cult and I couldn't even begin to guess how it worked. I felt a lot more at ease when the hunter successfully got permission to leave the community. I wondered idly if it was a religious group.

RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
Unfortunately the girl didn't turn up until I'd completed my morph so she seemed more confused and surprised than scared. I looked down at her with difficulty as my head scraped the ceiling.

<Hello there. Have you thought a bit more about the mission that you've been picked to go on?> I used thought-speech to reply to her, attempting not to show my bad mood. I tried to keep calm and not react this time around. The Ellimist wouldn't let me rest until I'd completed this.

RACHEL #1
I decided it was getting cramped as suddenly a soldier appeared half-unexpectedly. I focused on my normal body and shrunk immediately, my blonde hair emerging as fur shrunk back into my head. The demorphing continued and I hoped the grinding of bones and organs wasn't disrupting anything. I didn't need to worry because the quiet noises were pretty much inaudible as the two men gathered began to...argue. I shook my half-formed human head as my paws returned to hands and as my face finally became totally human and vocal chords finished forming, I watched them in growing disbelief. I had gathered from an image or two the Ellimist had sent me that the pair both had some kind of military organisation in their history, so surely they should get on like a house on fire? Right now they were definitely getting on like a building on fire...the kind with screaming people running away from it while it collapsed in on itself and burned to a crisp. The soldier shot me a look that I could read all too well, having probably given Marco similar glares.

"OK, OK, calm down!" I raised my voice. I wasn't the one who usually defused arguments in the past so I wasn't exactly sure what to say. So I just asked a question that would probably lead to more disagreements. "OK, so how exactly do your soldier groups differ apart from geographical differences?" I couldn't figure out why they hated each other at first sight.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 02:03:30 PM by Doomhawk »
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2012, 02:51:19 PM »
"No, I haven't," Citrus muttered annoyed. "And I'm not going to bother until I really need to. Oh, and if you want me to meet whoever, please try again tomorrow." Citrus took off her shoes and randomly paced around the house, wondering if she should call her frienda
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2012, 02:58:57 PM »
As soon as we left the building, I turned around and pinned David against the wall by his shoulders. "I'm putting a lot of faith in you. If I even get a hint that your screwing with me, I'll gut you like a fish." And I released "So where do we go now?"
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2012, 10:43:04 AM »
RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS

I had enough of the girl's attitude. I started growling without even realising, the rumble of the bear's threatening voice rising in volume as I stared down at her.

<You listen here. I have not come back from the dead to sit around while some moody teenager wastes my time! We don't have time for you to have a temper tantrum. You need to go now. And you can either do what I ask or you can forget about it all. You need to stop holding people up because if you waste time, the alien that wants to kill you and everyone will get closer.> I did not sound impressed. <You either go now or I leave you. And you can forget about even trying to get the power to morph.> I threatened.

DAVID
I had less than zero time to react as I was pinned by the hunter, his powerful hands taking my shoulders. Even if I'd reacted, my pitiful body was way too weak to take him on.

"Holy crap!" I yelped as he threatened me and then let me go. I shook myself off, my long dormant pride telling me to grow a mane and show him that despite what he believed, I was the boss here. But I knew that it wasn't worth the hassle. Plus Crayak would not let me get away with it unpunished. I breathed deeply to calm down and replied,

"We steal a spaceship. Your teammates are making their way towards an air base right now and if you gather outside, you can team up and hijack a ship." I tried not to glare at him.
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »
"uh-huh. And if you can come back from the dead you can't time travel? Or read minds? Or bring someone else back from the dead? Or at least try to remember what life already was like when you were my age? Can no one over my age remember?" Citrus was totally mad now. She went to her room, and started crying again.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 10:51:26 AM by yunyun »
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2012, 04:16:55 PM »
RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS

I didn't honestly know how to deal with the girl who was losing her temper even more now. My growling quieted as she departed but I made sure to aim my thought-speech through walls and floors at her.

<I didn't choose to come back from the dead. And life when I was your age? I was fighting the Yeerks, almost getting killed every mission and getting no sleep.> I spoke quietly, dangerously. <I didn't have your easy lifestyle. I was trying not to go mad while I tried to make sure everyone stayed alive.> I was ready to give up and leave but I worried that the Ellimist would force me to stay here when I couldn't stand it.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »
"Don't take it personally anybody who pisses me off gets the same treatment." I said. "Let's go."
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
Citrus heard the garage door start to open. She wiped away her tears and ran down stairs. "Hey, Rachel, my mom's home and she's going to freak when she sees a bear in the house." Citrus yelled.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2012, 11:53:04 AM »
DAVID
I calmed down as the hunter pointed out that it didn't make a difference who I was, I'd get the same kind of treatment. So I calmed down and explained,

"Your team-mates are a Hork-Bajir and an Andalite." I'd managed to get the Crayak to bring them across the country to here, though they were still some way away and currently waiting around.

RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
I turned with difficulty as I heard a door start to open. The girl pointed out that her mother was going to lose it if she saw me here. I probably should have demorphed but I was irritated with the girl's failure to listen to my mission. So I asked,

<And what happens if she sees me exactly?>

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 04:34:08 PM »
"She's going to freak," Citrus repeated. Then sarcastically, she said "Oh, and she'd totally enjoy the story about the fact that I've been chosen to fight a war in who-know-where and might not return. Yah, have fun explaining that to her."
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Karakae579

• Not always black and white....
    • Another Side
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2012, 05:15:33 PM »
I took my leave of the coffee shop after Rachel's disappearance, heading home first. The car drive was quiet. I didn't really feel like listening to the radio or my iPod. My mind was elsewhere. As it was, it took all my concentration just to not drive like someone half asleep.

When I got home I tossed my bag on the couch and wandered to the storage closet. My home was a small studio style apartment with a pleasant enough location. I didn't mind being on the outer part of town as it made it easier to get to my small Yeerk pool; something that I crafted when the Yeerk-human war had still been going. I had it hidden way outside of town where no one would likely ever find it.

From the top of my closet, I drew a large dusty box down and took it to the table. Opening it, I drew out the one thing of it's contents that I had been looking for.

My old Dracon Beam was dusty, but still appeared to be in good condition. I wished I could test it before I would need it, but I really didn't have time. People were waiting on me. I sighed and made sure the safety was on and that it was set for a stun level. I, then, dug out the case for it, slipped it in and attacked it to my belt. Like a holster, but shaped differently. It felt odd and brought back some uneasy memories. I pushed them aside and check the box for any of the other old equipment I had. Nothing else of use for now.

Putting it back, I looked around the room, going over some last minute thoughts. I checked to make sure the door was locked then threw my purse in my room. Just me and my weapon. All I needed. I closed my eyes and did as Rachel had told me; disappearing.

--------------------------

When I reopened my eyes, I stood in an apartment that was not my own. I looked around to see three others here. Rachel, of course, waited with two others that she did not recognize. I nodded at her and relaxed a notch.

"I'm here," I told her calmly, waiting for some indication as to what I was doing next.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
"Great, illegal aliens. So if you have an idea of where to go, feel free to say."

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2012, 06:35:43 PM »
I guess it was a good thing this girl appeared out of nowhere as I assumed I had done, because even with Rachel's intervention, things weren't much better.
I decided to leave this matter alone and say hi to our new member. _Hello. I assume you are part of this team- She didn't seemed like a combatant, I hoped this almighty being wasn't out of his mind when he chose someone like her.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2012, 10:10:21 AM »
RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS

Guilt hit me unexpectedly. I'd been so bothered about everything and...self-centred, I guess, that I didn't even think to realise that there was a chance that we would fail. Be lost in space. I was used to being confident, to succeeding, to being the one sacrificed. This time everything could be different. I immediately began to demorph, shrinking and losing fur.

<I'm...sorry.> I apologised. <I've been acting like a total jerk.> I had lost sight that not every teenager was a war-hardened veteran, that they might object to having their life ruined. <I...I'm an idiot. Just because I had to be the fighter, doesn't mean that I'm right to get angry at people who didn't have to...shouldn't have to suffer the same fate as me.> When had I lost my ability to empathise? No matter how cagey everyone was about it, there was no denying that I'd become...well, like a monster. Maybe this second chance would teach me how to become a real person again. Maybe I was meant to redeem myself for the past. On a sudden impulse, I looked critically at the girl before me. She had become emotional but she hadn't crumbled under the pressure of an angry bear Animorph. She was stronger than I gave her credit for. <And I'm sure we'll be able to find you a way to get the ability to morph.> I grinned, mostly human.

RACHEL #1 - WITH FISHER, DANIEL, KARAKAE, CLAIRE

I blinked as a young woman appeared and I received the memories of my disappeared part of me. Ah, I respected her a tiny bit. Maybe she could be a peacemaker. I sure didn't know how to stop this fight that went over my head.

"Welcome." I smiled and nodded to her. "These two," I gestured to the soldier and the man who owned the apartment in which this impromptu 'party' was taking place. "Will be working with you on this whole thing."

DAVID

"Illegal?" I perked up, clearly interested in this knowledge. My memories were faded, but I realised that I hadn't survived the war. And I realised that maybe some strange things had happened. I knew that Earth was free and the Animorphs had won, but illegal aliens? Had humans refused to accept the existence of Hork-Bajir and other aliens? Had they banned them from coming to Earth? I was ready to lead the hunter to the aliens waiting, but I wanted to find out what was what first.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2012, 10:49:15 AM »
"It was a joke wise one."