Author Topic: After the Animorphs: The One  (Read 14221 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: After the Animorphs: The One
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 11:12:15 PM »
Fisher eyed the girl/bear cautiously. It was so utterly absurd, but on the other hand, a dead girl was morphing in his kitchen, so simply being silly didn't qualify as an argument anymore. He took a nervous step forward.

"Well, what do I have to do?"
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 09:25:40 AM »
DAVID
I looked around and I hate to admit it, but this was a pretty nice scene. I guess nature could be beautiful sometimes. After wasting some time examining the scenery, I answered the hunter.

"Well, since you need transport, why not meet them outside the nearest...I don't know, air base or whatever. I don't know how the whole spaceship thing works, who's allowed to own them, fly them, that kind of thing." I hadn't exactly been around after the war so apart from being aware that Andalites visited the planet, I was in the dark. "I can pass on the message if you want to pick a place to go."

RACHEL #2 - WITH DANIEL
I closed my eyes for a moment and then managed to receive some memories from my temporary copies.

"There's a young woman, a girl and another guy. I think he's kind of like you." When this soldier pointed out something very obvious, I wanted to smack myself in the forehead for not even thinking of teleporting everyone to the same place. Instead, I nodded, smirking. "That would be sensible. If you want..." I wondered how much I could do. "...I could send you to the nearest place where a ship is located and then send the others along. They haven't been quite as fully briefed as you yet." I felt myself borrowing power from the Ellimist and I focused on the man next to me. "As soon as you're ready, think of the place you want to go and you should end up there." I hoped he would be ready soon, I was already feeling some kind of strain from concentrating so hard.

RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
I waited for the girl to look at me and she did. She greeted me pretty happily and I wondered whether the Ellimist was thinking of boosting morale when he picked such a cheerful girl. I almost felt bad that he'd picked her for such a dangerous mission, but I'd been barely a teenager when my own mission had begun when we encountered Elfangor years ago. She offered me a seat and I shook my head politely.

"Sorry, I'm not staying. I'm here to tell you that you have been chosen for something. A mission that's pretty important. The Animorphs...you know them, right? Well, they ran into trouble while up in space and they've been captured by a dangerous being. This being can absorb other lifeforms and if it can steal their knowledge, it will find out that Earth is full of people who know a lot of things about a lot of subjects. The being needs to be destroyed before it can turn on Earth and the Animorphs need to be rescued...and you're one of the people chosen for this mission." I wondered whether she'd accept or turn it down. I'd understand if she wasn't up for this.

RACHEL #1 - WITH FISHER
I looked down at the guy as he stepped forwards. Whatever I might have thought, he had guts. I could understand him shouting at a random girl interrupting his life, but even when she turned into a bear, he wouldn't suddenly turn tail and run.

<Get whatever items you need to bring with you. I expect that the ship you're going to steal will be fully-stocked so you probably won't need to worry about packing food. Just bring whatever is necessary.> Weapons, clothes, whatever he thought he'd be using for this whole thing. I suddenly had an image in my head of a fully-equipped soldier standing next to me. <And it looks like one of the people you'll be travelling with is all ready to go. He'll find wherever you need to be to get a ship so you can get off Earth. I...think I can send you to him once he's there.> I realised that the image was a memory of one of my temporary copies. As the original one, I should probably demorph- it wouldn't do for me to turn up as a bear outside an air base and make people think that a morphing terrorist was on the loose. I focused on myself, the familiar blonde hair and slightly tall frame that excluded me from being considered a good gymnast. I began to get closer to the floor and suddenly this guy was taller than me again. As my arms and legs shrank and my eyes went from small and dark to normal-size and blue, I started to think about how I'd be teleporting people around some more.
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 10:26:37 AM »
Where to?Appearing in a UNSC base while fully equiped would be suicide.The EF and the USA werent in the greatest of diplomatic situations.I didnt want to shoot my mates so Mattera was a bad idea if we had to steal a ship, as a scheduled launch was a long, boring, burocratic process, and the suicide nature of the mission wouldnt make it any easier to get a ship legally. JFK space centre was left,but first I wanted to see who I was working with -I'd like too see this other person "like me"-
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:38:29 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Karakae579

• Not always black and white....
    • Another Side
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 12:35:22 PM »
I sighed and looked down at my lunch, setting it on the table and sitting down. I guess I should have been surprised to find the material ghost of the legendary Animorph before me, but I guess I had seen enough weirdness in my life, that very little got to me anymore. Let's just face it. I had lived a lot longer than many of my race. Didn't help that so many of us had gotten our lives cut short during the war.

"Getting called to duty again," I said with a slight laugh. "Guess I wasn't done yet. Still, if something powerful enough to bring you back is telling me, I guess saying no is probably a poor plan. I'll do what I can, but no promises." I gave my drink a small shake to stir it. "Don't suppose this Ellimist told you what I was when he told you come talk to me, did he?"

After all, it was odd that this "all-powerful" being would select something like her. Sure, Yeerks were known to be dangerous, but they were also a bit of a liability. The whole three-day-limit thing and all.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »
"Sure, what would I need?" Citrus asked, excited. Citrus loves to read, and often wishes her life was more adventurous. She then processed the fact that that was Rachel, from the animorphs, and this would involve the animorphs. She then asked "uh...also, is there anyway that I could get the morphing technology?"
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »
Fisher backed up, hands out in front of him warningly.

"Whoaaa there, steal a ship? Are you insane?" He shook his his firmly. "No, no way. For one there are only about five human ships on Earth and only two of those are actually in port right now, I think. Second, how the hell would I do that? They're damn well guarded, I can't just waltz in there and take off without getting blown to bits, or getting blown out of the sky. Hell I don't even know how to fly the damn things, let alone get us into z-space. The only other ships I know belong to the Andalite embassy, and they're sure as hell not gonna just give one over, and they're guarding them better than ever since your friends took off in that one."
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:20 AM »
RACHEL #2 - WITH DANIEL
I sighed, trying to keep my concentration going. I changed the direction of the energy I was channelling, aiming it towards the apartment where I was standing with another guy, having just demorphed.

"OK. When you're ready to go, just imagine yourself teleporting and that should take you to him." I didn't have much else to say. I just wanted to get the mission going.

RACHEL #3 - WITH KARAKAE AND CLAIRE
I frowned when the woman before me mentioned being "called to duty". Had she been a soldier at the time of the war? Now I understood why she'd been chosen if she'd had fighting experience before. However, there was no way I was prepared for what came next. Two words that she had never been supposed to know passed her lips. 'The Ellimist'.

I froze and stared at her. This wasn't good. If she knew...if she knew, then this group doubly couldn't afford to fail. And...how did she know? Had he messed around with her life too? Was she even human? She could be, I don't know, an Andalite in disguise, something like that. Before I could continue trying to come up with stupid theories, I asked suspiciously,

"How do you know about him?" Would he want me to remove her if she was a liability? I wasn't a stranger to orders that involved taking out people that were causing problems...

RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
The girl got...excited. I was surprised. But I guess it was good that she wasn't afraid because she'd need courage for the upcoming mission. She asked for the morphing technology almost straight away and I couldn't help but smile. It was a pretty awesome thing to have. But then the Ellimist pointed out to me that I couldn't do everything for the team. It'd apparently be 'cheating' according to the rules of this. I'd forgotten we were playing a 'game'. I sighed and replied,

"I don't know. I'm only here to explain what's happening and offer advice if you are stuck. If you want the technology, you'll have to find a way to get it. The other people in the team might help you." It was a good idea, going out into space armed with some kind of weapon, even if it wasn't a gun or Dracon beam or something. "I can send you to meet your other teammates." I offered.

RACHEL #1 - WITH FISHER
The man backed away and I couldn't help but snort with amusement. There's a grizzly twice his size in his apartment and he'll engage it in conversation, but suggest something as simple as stealing a ship and he chickens out. He explained his reasoning and I couldn't help but smile guiltily as he pointed out that it was the fault of my friends that security was tight nowadays.

"Well, I'd be surprised if someone involved in this didn't know how to get hold of a ship. I'm only really here to advise and explain, not barge in there myself. It's apparently 'against the rules' of my being here." I rolled my eyes at the thought of rules and then became aware of something. "Well, it looks like one of your teammates might be turning up sooner than expected, so you'll be able to brainstorm with him." I waited to see whether we'd actually get another guy appearing here.
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »
I had of course, never teleported. I did my best,there was a really old TV series I used to watch were people teleported and they simply vanished leaving behind a cloud of smoke. I imagined myself doing that, and suddendly felt everything around me changing. Now I was standing in an apartment with a grizzly bear and a tanned skinned, scarred guy who had military short hair .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 01:29:31 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 02:41:15 PM »
"Oh. There's other people eh?" Citrus repied, not as excited. One, because she doesn't like group work, and second, she'll now need some other way to be able to morph. She turned back to her book.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Karakae579

• Another Side
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2012, 02:09:22 PM »
I blinked a few times. I had hit the nail right on the head, by the looks of it. Interesting. I had obviously caught her off guard.. She seemed heavily suspicious. I guess I wasn't supposed to catch that. I smiled and shook my head. "Relax, your secret is safe with me," I told with a playful wink. Almost flirty.

I tamed my expression back to down to something more serious. No time to be screwing around her. I was quiet for a second, collecting my thoughts.

"To be honest, I was completely guessing. I know stories... you pick them up when looking for a place to settle. Supposedly, the Ellimist is an all powerful being that rarely shows itself... other than that, I know little about it." I shrugged, opening my lunch. "But I guess I just figured that not many things can bring someone back from the dead unscathed. It was a lucky guess, in short."

I took a bite of my sandwich, thinking for a moment. Since it looked like I was right, things had just gotten a lot more interesting. And complicated. Hm. I would have to be careful with this one.

After a moment more of silence, I looked back to her. "Alright then. It looks like I'm in for sure," I told her.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
RACHEL #2
My job here was done. After the soldier vanished, I also felt myself ceasing to exist.

RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
I was somewhat put out at the girl's reaction and couldn't help but feel slightly offended as she turned back to her book. I folded my arms and waited for a short while.

"So, are you going to go meet up with them?" I asked impatiently. "I can send you their way." I hoped this wouldn't put a spanner in the works.

RACHEL #3- WITH KARAKAE AND CLAIRE
I wasn't expecting the young woman to wink at me and for a moment confusion overrode my suspicion. Then I remembered what I was doing. I was on a mission. I watched her closely. What kind of people hear stories about the Ellimist? I mean, what kind of humans? She then voiced her agreement for the mission and I wondered what the Ellimist was playing at, picking someone or something that knew about him.

/How interesting. I had no idea that tales of my fame would spread to them.../ The previously silent being remarked and I almost jumped. /Well, this is not completely unexpected./ He finished and I thought furiously, 'What do you mean, them?' He didn't answer and I frowned. Something weird was going on here. And I didn't like it one bit. This could ruin everything! /Well, she has already agreed. Don't get too angry, it's not good for your health. You'll simply have to avoid failure./ The Ellimist was so helpful. I sighed, deciding that I'd ask this woman exactly where she'd picked up these stories later.

"Alright." I eyed her cautiously. "If you'd like to join the people you'll be working with on this mission, I can send you to them. With his help." If she knew the Ellimist, then I wouldn't have to watch what I was saying. "He's let me borrow a few of his tricks to try and make this whole venture successful." I began to concentrate, ready to send the young woman to the flat where half of the team were already waiting.

RACHEL #1 - WITH FISHER AND DANIEL
I blinked as a man in combat gear appeared before us and I finished demorphing as quickly as I could, returning to my barefoot, morphing outfit-wearing self. I then received the exact memories of the discussion I'd had with this soldier.

"Welcome to the party." I remarked, grinning. If we were lucky, the rest of the team would be along shortly.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2012, 04:28:28 PM »
"yeah...fine fine" Citrus muttered, still reading.
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
I replied to David "To be honest I don't care how we get the goal. You clearly have more information  than I do So whatever you decide would be for the best. My only request is that you let me drop off this buck and tell my family that somebody else will need to take my place as hunter while I'm gone."
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Karakae579

• Another Side
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2012, 12:37:19 AM »
I nodded, slowly. I knew that it must seem kind of odd that I was so calm about this. Actually, it was sort of odd to me that I was so calm about this. I blamed it on my past. I should have figured that it would come back to haunt me eventually.

"I suppose I can go whenever needed. However...." I looked back to the bar, where all my co-workers continued to buzz about their jobs. "I know this is going to sound silly, considering everything you just told me, but how long will this take?" I could feel myself cringing at the question. She was going to either laugh at me or get mad. But I forced myself to finish it. "Because I doubt my boss with find someone else to cover the rest of my shift and I really need to keep this job."

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2012, 02:04:51 PM »
RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
That was it! I lost my temper and borrowed the Ellimist's power. I focused as hard as I could, attempting to send this girl to meet other team members whether she liked it or not! Hopefully this would work.

DAVID
I listened as the hunter explained what he wished to do. He wasn't so bad when he wasn't aiming dangerous weapons at you. I was just finishing my briefing with the other team members so I had enough time to spare in order to grant his request.

"Sure, we have enough time for that. The others aren't quite ready to meet up yet." As soon as the hunter was done, I would be sending an Andalite and Hork-Bajir his way.

RACHEL #3 - WITH KARAKAE AND CLAIRE
The young woman was certainly not bothered by all these events. Though she knew of the Ellimist, so I was pretty sure at that point that nothing could possibly shock her. I was surprised, however, by how she genuinely seemed bothered at the thought of losing a job. But then again, I reflected, if she'd experienced a tumultous life (which she probably had if she knew of the Ellimist), she'd probably just want to live a nice, normal life which happened to include having a job at a coffee shop. I tried to answer as well as I could.

"Uh, if you mean how long am I going to continue this conversation, well, I've told you all you need to know so if you want, you can return to your shift. I'll hang around here until you're done and then I'll teleport you over to the rest of the team if you want. If you mean how long this mission is going to be?" I shrugged not unkindly. "...well, I'm sorry, I wish I knew myself."