Author Topic: After the Animorphs: The One  (Read 14222 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: After the Animorphs: The One
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 03:37:16 PM »
Within a minute the fresh rabbit had been skinned and cleaned, and was roasting over the fire next to the one I had shot along the way. Soon the first was finished, and I divided the meat between us. It was a good rabbit, very fatty and covered with succulent meat.  "You better make this fast. Within a half hour something is going to have followed the smell back to here."
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
Fisher just looked at her, mouth half-open, and an incredulous look on his face. He stared at her silently for a moment, and then:

"Are you out of your damn mind? They took off years ago, and you're dead! Look, you did a good job on the cosplay slash hero worship thing, but please get the hell out of my apartment, I'm not in the mood for some crazy bull**** story. If you really want me to buy something that whacked out, you're gonna need a helluva good reason other than some good suit."
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »
RACHEL #3 - WITH CLAIRE AND KARAKAE
I saw that the young woman had got the images and I realised that the Ellimist was really letting me go wild. I couldn't help but feel slightly good about getting these little abilities. How on earth did he manage to stop himself from intervening in more stuff if he had abilities a hundred times more powerful than I temporarily did?

"No, it's OK. Sorry." I added meaningfully, feeling slightly bad for distracting her during her work. I needed to stick around until she was free, so I'd buy something and sit in the corner for a while. I then froze for a moment as I realised I didn't have any money- I put a hand in my pocket and felt paper. Of course, the Ellimist couldn't have me unprepared. "Peppermint cream? Sounds good. I'll take one of those, thanks." I replied.

DAVID
I took the meat without even realising that I could interact with objects and nodded as this dangerous hunter told me to hurry up. It smelt good, very good- I winced as I had a flashback to living as a rodent, eating cold, dead, half-torn apart seagulls when I was lucky enough to get meat. But this was different- it was cooked and the man next to me had caught it by his own will. I started eating silently. I had learned my lesson when the Animorphs trapped me as a rat. I'd messed with them and they were at the top of the food chain, so to speak. It was evident to me that this guy was the same. I knew deep down that if I really wanted, I could defend myself, especially with Crayak's backing, but for now I didn't want to cause any trouble for myself. So I wasn't going to say anything. Except, "Thanks." I spoke through a mouthful of rabbit. It was good. How long had it been since I'd eaten decent food?

RACHEL #1 - WITH FISHER
I'm not normally a quiet person, but this man's reaction left me speechless for a few moments. Then I laughed shortly. Hero worship. He thought I was some insane youth pretending to be, well, me. I was actually kind of proud that those were the exact words he used. "Hero worship", "Hero". I was a hero. And I needed to prove that I was this very same "hero" that got killed three years ago. I felt a familiar and dangerous grin appear on my face as I decided to test whether death and the circumstances of my reappearance had changed me.

I shot upwards, shaggy fur cascading down my arms and legs. "I was dead. Death was kind of interrupted." Fur began to cover my morphing suit as my arms and legs swelled, becoming thicker. As my hands grew larger and fingers melted together, fingernails becoming harder and longer until they were claws, I added, "It was interrupted to come and talk to you about this, you, not some other guy. So you need to hearrrowr-" The ears that appeared atop my head signalled that I was some way through the change and as fur replaced the skin on my face, a snout pushed out of my face and I was too far gone to speak like a human. <You need to hear me out. Someone chose you to help the Animorphs. They took off and got caught by the same alien that's gonna wipe out everyone on this planet if you don't help me out.> I stood, looking down at him with blurry grizzly vision, a full-sized bear. <Is that a good enough reason?> I asked with a tinge of humour.
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 06:07:18 PM »
I doubted, I had no way of defending myself is she really could morph, finding the clips in my bag would take to long,hopefuly I could make an escape outside of the quarters were my mates would shred her, I had no way of knowing she was telling the truth, but I decided to believe, as far fetched as it seemed. I lowered my weapon.-I got that part about saving the planet but.Who did you said sent you?-
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:17:05 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
"Whaaaaaaa!" Fisher yelled, leaping back into his bedroom doorway as the crazy tart suddenly sprouted hair and exploded upwards, nearly bumping into his cheap-ass ceiling. He'd seen the movie of course, he knew what was happening. But this was way wilder, and way creepier, than Spielberg's CGI. Eye bulging out, he stared in awe, and nearly jumped as he felt thought speak echoing through his mind for the first time. Brushing his head by reflex at the telepathy, he gulped as the bear spoke to him. "So, the real McCoy eh?" He swallowed again, then collapsed against the doorframe, shaking. "Holy ****, holy ****, holy ****."

Getting some of his strength back, he took two steps forward, trying to express himself. "Listen, I really dunno what the hell you're doing here. I'm Jonathan Fisher, I'm an ex-UNSN Marine, I have an eighty percent average in high school, I work at Target as a clerk. I've got zero combat experience. Why the hell are you asking me? There are thousands of guys better for this than me, most of 'em are probably at Fort Bragg right now. So, uh, why me?"
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
While David ate I began checking on the rabbit. I had forgot to take out the bullet. I carved a clean circle of meat and tossed it into the fire while examining the bullet at the center. "Sloppy. Could have caused lead poisoning. Can't even reuse the shot, since the tip bent."
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 05:52:44 AM »
RACHEL #2 - WITH DANIEL
I began to think quickly- this guy was definitely smart and had picked up on what I'd casually mentioned. If he found out about the Ellimist and then failed this task, he'd get assimilated or whatever and then the Ellimist would be in danger himself.

"I'm not actually sure...I didn't get to see exactly who or what. All I know is that I was dead and then I wasn't. And I was given instructions to come down here and round up more people." I shrugged, hoping that I was convincing enough.

RACHEL #1 - WITH FISHER
It felt good to be a grizzly again, strength radiating through my frame. I tried not to hit my head on the ceiling that was way too close to my head as I watched the reaction to my morph. I hadn't expected to startle him quite so much but to his credit, he was pretty quick to recover, asking me why him.

<Well, I know it sounds like a bunch of crap, but I guess you could say fate or whatever. It decided you had certain qualities that would make you an ideal choice for this, whatever these qualities are.> The Ellimist could mess slightly with the way things were, so I figured it wasn't exactly wrong to call him "fate".

DAVID
I watched as the hunter cast a critical eye over the rabbit, commenting on the fact that he'd missed a bullet in its body. I guessed this guy really knew his stuff when it came to weapons. Which made me glad that he was chosen. Because I got the sense that if the people I was overseeing completed this task, it would be worth it.
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 08:26:26 AM »
-Ok, fair enough- I put the rifle back in my bunker,    -just give me a minute,I had just finished packing-I opened my bag and quickly dumped everything out. Then I geared up, first the kevlar-titanium pieces of body armor in shins and legs,then the ones in forearms and the vest, all of them black.Finally the helmet in its distinctive blue camo pattern, that covered my forehead and the back of my head and went down to cover the back of my neck. It had a small visor that was both bullet-proof and a hud for missions, but as mine had been deactivated, it would only offer protection and night vision. A 9mm handgun was strapped to my leg and a tiny ballistic knife hanged from my chest.At last I loaded my rifle and concealed the 9 remaining clips (12 mm, caseless) in my uniform. -If whoever sent you can bring you back from the dead, you think he can teleport us out of here?-

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 09:26:42 AM »
The second rabbit was done. I divided the meat again and put it into two leather pouches. I tossed the first one to him and started to put out the fire. "We have to move. The smell probably attracted something dangerous. If we leave now we'll have a descent enough head start. We can eat te other rabbit on the way, and you can tell me more."

Offline Karakae579

• Not always black and white....
    • Another Side
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
(Oops, switched to third person last post.  :XD:)

"One peppermint cream frap, coming right up," I told the girl, recovering my smile. I grabbed a nearby cup and scribbled down the order, proceeding to ring the girl up afterward. "That will be ready for you momentarily."

"Claire? Why don't you break early? The new shift is in and I want to get her on register while I'm still here." I looked over to my manager as she stepped out of the back. She smiled hopefully at me. Perfect.

"No problem ma'am. Could you ring a sandwich and a sweet tea up from me then, please? I think I'm just going to eat her today."

------------------------------------------------------

Five minutes later, I had my meal and stepped out into the lobby, looking for the blonde girl from earlier. I knew for a fact that something about her was abnormal already, so I wanted to remain on my guard. Inside, I could feel an uneasiness from Claire. She didn't want me to do this and it took several reassurances to get her to calm down.

I spotted the girl a moment later and eyed her warily on approach. "You wanted to talk to me? At least I think I have that right."

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 06:25:04 PM »
Citrus walked from school, with tears on her face. She'd just got into the most major fight with her friends yet, but even so, it wasn’t that bad. She closed her eyes, enjoying the wind. Oh, how I wish I could morph...Of course though, if I could, I would  probably just get myself trapped as a hawk She thought. She then came up to the forest, and wandered around until she found that bench. She sat down, then started reading.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 08:49:58 AM »
(Firstly, I'm trying not to overload posts with text/create lots of unnecessary boring posts, so I'm skipping out on scenes of David rounding up the NPCs in Crayak's team, implying that they're in the know as seen later in the post.)

(Secondly, don't worry, Karakae- this isn't a particularly strict RP! Feel free to choose whichever style you prefer. I would have gone with third person but I feel that for the purposes of plot, it's good to see what Rachel and David are thinking! This goes for anyone else- don't feel obliged to use first-person if you prefer third!)

RACHEL #2 - WITH DANIEL
I waited as patiently as I could for the soldier in front of me to get his gear together. Luckily it didn't take forever and as he asked me whether we could teleport out of here, I could understand why with all the kit he was carrying. I nodded.

"I'll see what I can-"

The surroundings shifted suddenly and we were out of the base before I could complete my sentence "-do..." I rolled my eyes. Then I added, "Well, here we are. The next step is to find your teammates. Right now they're being briefed on what's going on. Once they know what's what, I guess they'll want to find you and each other...or just go straight for the nearest spaceship..." I trailed off, thinking about what the next move was. We needed to get going. I remembered solemnly that the Crayak was doing the same as us right now and if we wanted to beat him, time was important. As soon as this soldier had made his decision and planned his next move, I'd...vanish? Return to myself? I had a vague feeling that I wasn't the original me.

DAVID
I nodded, just about catching the rabbit and biting into it hungrily. Real food... I got ready to leave and started my explanation right away.

"The alien that's threatening Earth is somewhere out in space. It's absorbed the Animorphs and at any moment it could find knowledge of this planet in their brains. I don't know much about it other than its name, 'The One', and that it can somehow absorb or assimilate people and gain access to their brains. It needs to be destroyed and you are one of the people chosen to destroy it." I had tried out some thought-speak earlier and somehow, despite me being me, it had worked. I had managed to contact the other two members of this team. "There are a few others that will be coming with you and the way I see it, there are two options. You can try and find a transport method to head out into space or you can meet up with the others first." I didn't really care what he chose to do first. My job was just to gather everyone together and then give them pointers if they needed any.

RACHEL #3 - WITH KARAKAE AND CLAIRE
I paid for the frappucino and found a waiting spot. Sooner than I expected, the young woman who had sold me the coffee approached. She asked whether I wanted to talk and I nodded.

"I did. About earlier. Sorry that I did that weird psychic thing, but you were busy." I then introduced myself. "My name is Rachel. You might have heard of me, might not. Because I am the Rachel that most people think of when they hear that name." I took a deep breath, "I realise that I am...or was dead. But right now, I'm here because the human race is in danger again. You see, there's a being somewhere in space known as 'The One'. It has a dangerous ability- it can absorb people. If it can gain access to their knowledge, it will find out that there are lots of people with lots of knowledge on Earth and will want to absorb every last one. There's not much else that's known about it, but one thing that's clear is it needs to be hunted down. You happen to be one of the people chosen for this task." I fell silent, waiting for her reaction. I could understand if she objected. I had no idea why the Ellimist had chosen the people he had. He hadn't even had the decency to give me much information about them, only letting me track them down. But I knew the Ellimist well enough to guess that there was a definite purpose behind his choices, so I believed that this woman, whoever she was, was important and significant at this time.

RACHEL #4 - WITH CITRUS
The first thing I knew is that I was somewhere surrounded by trees. A forest of some sort. I could feel a tugging at my core and realised that I was sent to find the final team member for the Ellimist. I looked down at myself to realise I was in the same morphing outfit as usual. I sighed, picking my way through the forest and trying to avoid sharp stones or twigs. I wondered with a pang of...nostalgia? Regret? Homesickness? Had Cassie ever managed to find out how to morph clothes like that Andalite estreen of what seemed like forever ago? Cassie was decent at morphing...I wonder whether she morphed now. If I'd survived, I'd definitely be using the morphing power. For fun, of course, since it was unofficially forbidden by Jake during the war. I saw a bench from a distance and instinctively knew that I'd reached my target. A girl was reading a book. I walked around and came to stand in front of her, offering a simple greeting.

"Hi."

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 09:55:49 AM »
As I listened to his explenation we strolled through a beautiful section of the woods.I never hunted here to preserve the beauty. Wildflowers bloomed all over the place. A good amount of rabbits had wised up enough to stay in this part of the woods where they only had to deal with natural predators. You could see them everywhere, watching us without fear.

"I think we should find a way to meet up with the others. I'd rather have some backup than go in alone."

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »
-A team, what can you tell me of my team mates that can help me find them?- I was intrigued, the only military organization capable of space travel besides ourselves was the UNSC, stationed in the USA, so a space base of either one of them would be the first place to look for a way out of the planet, possibly our own base of Mattera in Italy or UNSC JFK space centre in the USA, Florida . But an obvious question was still there "if a near all powerful being wants us to meet, why dont we just appear next to each other? It would be much easier than rounding everyone up and less dangerous than going to space by ourselves."
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 03:49:09 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 03:13:11 PM »
Citrus bit her lip, a slight bit ticked about someone interrupting her. She finished her sentence, then looked up. There was a girl, about 4 years older than her. "Hi!" she said fake cheerfully, but sounding very happy, and smiling at the person. Citrus moved over a bit closer to the edge of the bench. "Want a seat?"
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^