1. Everytime I read this book I remember the toys and booklets I had as a kid, so Tobias comes off very vividly. And the note just makes this book for me: Time-travel vs paleontology- time travel ftw. Very epic setting. I always want more, but this is was good.
2. Paradoxes never sit well with me: I've a lot of messed up thoughts regarding time-travel, destiny and free-will (thank you Kain ) and just can't wrap my head around them. For this specific one, while it makes the Animorphs rather larger than life, it riles me. The what ifs of the alternative are too out there, so it feels too much like destiny to me. Not big on destiny.
3. This I like. I don't care for the ancient aliens as planters of human life, but as planters of broccoli, it's interesting and hilarious. I haven't brought it up irl for several years, but I'm soon to move again. Time is coming to share the truth :-p
4. Wow. I take a second and try to imagine it, and it's nothing shy of magnificent. Grizzlies and tigers and gorillas are strong, but this is on a whole different level. Serious power. Incredible. I'm sure they're adept killers, and I'd never want to face one down in any circumstance, but I'm sure we missed out on the lustful or slothful sides. Anyway, all that power and a strong propensity to kill makes for a remarkable creature. Still, tiny arms would be annoying.
5. Probably figured it out. Feel betrayed. Epically depressed. Still would try to make a run for it but, yeah that was sad, no doubt.
6. This was a surprise to me, but Tobias may yet be deeper than I give him credit for. As for the others, Cassie stands out. I'd figure she'd be first to see that to allow for the future, the dinosaurs had to go. A lot of conservationist take that attitude (re. invasives at least) and while I disapprove of that approach, there are times to use it. This was one of those times.
7. My annoyance at destiny makes it painfully tempting to destroy the comet. I think, or at least hope, you can mess with the future, and I'd want proof. Probably bad proof in this case, but you only get so many chances. However, I've said before: Mercora & dinosaurs vs me, well me because I'm selfish. Mercora and dinos vs all the future as to hold. Future, no contest. No guarantees, but most likely would take the approach that would secure the timeline, no make matter how revolting it is.