1. It's the little things that make the world big. Stolen or not, this seems like very clever technology, and just as clever is the way the Animorphs work around it.. Though that does leave me to sulk that it doesn't seem to advance over time. And "A Happy Meal with extra happy"? Right up there with "do you hate trash cans", Animorph's immortal slogans.
2. In my eyes this is where Rachel is starting to derail. Acknowledging your fears and facing them is different that acknowledging them and then actively looking to confront them. It's the difference between being willing to protect yourself, and walking up to a thug and saying "hit me". It makes her very valuable to the others; it's nice to have someone face your fears first, but it's self destructive.
3. Definitely not one of those critters I consider often. I wouldn't like that loss of vision. Bad vision in the light is still better than bad vision underground. If I recall, moles burrow, not just make tunnels, so that aspect would be alright-little underground bunker would be cool to have. Being so visually dominated, it seems challenging to have to really on mechanical and chemical stimuli, and good diggers or not, you can only move so much earth at that size: feeding seems rough. No as exciting as some others, but would be cool body to try out for a while: radically different, especially considering it's still a mammal.
4. A drug is a drug for what is does. For humans, food isn't a drug, unless you have an eating problem. It's a cruel fate to impose on the Yeerks and their host. I said recently the Animorphs are segueing into the terrors of war, and this is maybe as soft or comical bio/chemical warfare gets, but once you get past the jokes, it's fairly dark stuff. That said, Animorphs are out gunned on all levels, can't fault them for trying.
5. I can say I wouldn't give it to someone I care about. For that reason, I should be opposed to doing it on a large scale. And yet....I can't say I wouldn't. You're deeply overwhelmed, you need every advantage, but if you can't do it to one, how can you do it at all? I think deep down, put to a vote I'd say yes, and go with the group either way, but one on my own would choose not to . Stupid mind vs emotion.
7. I probably should have inquired about the guy and his suicide, but that whole aspect of the book left me underwhelmed. Maybe uncomfortable, but I don't know why. I think from the get-go he should have ran, and glad he did at the end. Still getting hope via bitter-sweet endings throughout the series, to the say the least.