Author Topic: After the Animorphs: The One OOC [spoilers for entire series]  (Read 8570 times)

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
Re: After the Animorphs: The One OOC [spoilers for entire series]
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »
Luvly.
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 05:30:59 PM »
So looks like I'm the only member of team Crayak. That's cool though. Cory keeps a klnife in each boot, a rifle in his pants, a sword in his sleeve, a slockpick in the sole of one shoe and a smaller knife in the other, and a bow and arrow on his back.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »
A rifle in his pants....

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:35 PM »
It's in one of his pant legs, so he can just roll up the bottem and full out a semi automatic.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2012, 07:05:09 PM »
Rifles are too long for that to work well, it'd have to be seriously sawed off to pull it out like that, and walking with it in would be stiff and awkward anyway.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2012, 07:25:13 PM »
Okay, instead of a rifle he was a glock in each pocket.

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2012, 08:50:21 PM »
What kinda glocks?

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2012, 10:38:44 PM »
Australian made, standard issue, civilian glocks.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »
OK, I don't want to leave this hanging any longer than necessary- if it's OK with everyone, I'll fill in two slots on Team Crayak as otherwise it would be uneven. If at any point you have any problems with this post, please let me know! Any concerns are valid, e.g. a character I put here is overpowered, or you don't want this character to participate for any reason. If you let me know whether this is acceptable, I can start the RP proper.

Team Crayak:
Team: Crayak
Name: Tak Kerik
Race: Hork-Bajir
Appearance: Tak is a typical Hork-Bajir- tall, covered in blades. However, the smallest blade on his head closest to his beak, is broken- the point has snapped off and left jagged edges behind and there are hairline cracks running through the blade which cover its surface. He also bears several scars that cross his right eye that may or may not be related.
Personality: Tak may not be intelligent due to the fact that he's an average Hork-Bajir, but he understands enough about life to know that he doesn't trust anyone. He prefers to be alone and doesn't seem any more settled or open around his own race. He has an aggressive streak that emerges in conflict situations and isn't afraid to be aggressive towards anyone of any race. Sometimes, his aggression emerges when he is scared. If he were human and talking to another human, they might surmise that he has depression, though he is a Hork-Bajir and he wouldn't understand the notion even if it was explained to him very clearly.
History: Tak was a Controller for a lot of the Yeerk invasion. The Yeerk in his head killed his wife when she tried to escape the Yeerk pool one feeding session and after he was kidnapped by the free Hork-Bajir and suffered as the Yeerk in his head starved, he joined the colony. He went back to the Yeerks during the rescue mission for Bek, the young Hork-Bajir captured by Yeerks and came face to face with his parents- he was one of the few successful attempts at breeding the race to create more hosts for the Yeerks. He was taken aback at seeing them and in the ensuing fight, they almost killed him. Barely understanding and then striking them down, he returned to the colony and continued to go on raids, becoming vicious in battle. After the war ended and the Hork-Bajir were settled in Yellowstone, he isolated himself from the community and lived alone, unhappy about how he'd lost his family and not wanting to find another wife.
Morph-capable?: No. He doesn't understand morphing and it scares him.

Team: Crayak
Name: Barakan-Esforthel-Garid
Race: Andalite
Appearance: Barakan is slim and lithe with almost sky-blue fur and green eyes. He doesn't look muscly like some of the more renowned warriors and tail-blade fighters from his home planet and doesn't possess a lot of strength.
Personality: Barakan is quick-witted and enjoys situations in which he needs to think, be it chess, battles or simply conversation. He has developed a dry, sarcastic side to him after watching human comedy and interacting with people on a regular basis. While he doesn't care much for his own people, he finds humans interesting in a slightly condescending way, as he sees them as slightly inferior to himself in particular (though superior to the closed-minded military Andalites he's spent most of his life with) and does hold vestiges of the Andalite arrogance. He can be loyal although he, so he will only be loyal to someone if it's necessary or if he respects them. He has two problems: blood and space. If confronted with the threat of being sent into space or having to travel through space, he will have a reaction to it, freezing up or having something similar to a panic attack. When he sees blood, any coherent thought processes stop and he will go into his 'warrior mode', reacting to any perceived attack. He sometimes does not have any memory of these events and his reactions to them. However, in certain morphs, these problems can be neutralised. He believes that there is a deity or guardian being of some sort watching over him.
History: Barakan idolised the war hero Prince Elfangor and joined the military as soon as he was able. Due to the scale of the war against the Yeerks, he was swiftly given access to the morphing power and as soon as he passed his morphing proficiency test, he was assigned to a Dome ship. He served obediently under his prince but became disillusioned as the fight went on. After spending a lot of time in Z-Space, waiting there as reinforcements for any forces nearby so that Yeerks couldn't engage with them as they were hidden there, his surroundings got to him to the extent that he had a minor breakdown. Deciding that this made him a liability, he was transferred to another ship. The task force on this ship was one that boarded Yeerk ships and attempted to gain intelligence from the inside before destroying it. Despite the dangers of this work, he managed to survive several raids and began to become slightly delusional, considering his untreated breakdown earlier.
After the war ended, he returned to the Andalite homeworld and began to research Andalite and other species' belief systems. He gradually found out about Andalite tourism to Earth and decided that he would try it, having heard about the idea of food and having grown sick of a planet that had happily sent him to war only to almost wipe out the races he was supposed to be saving. He also wanted to use the opportunity to try and desensitise himself to space. It didn't work and he spent the entire trip almost catatonic with fear. As soon as he reached Earth, he came to and ran off, leading to a hunt for him. He managed to regain enough of his wits to acquire humans in a Frolis maneuver and began to hide among them, eventually managing to acquire false documentation and get a job. Passing off his regular bathroom trips to demorph as part of an illness/disorder, he eventually made enough money to purchase a small property. Having previously had little access to human culture, he bought a television as quickly as possible to learn more. As a result, his previously strained relationships with co-workers who believed he had some kind of mental problem grew better as he learnt enough about Earth to function among humans. He explained it all away as "social anxiety" and that he had undergone counselling, which changed him.
Morph-capable?: Yes. Morphs: Human (Frolis maneuver), kafit bird, pigeon.

If there are any changes you want made to these characters, if you think they're overpowered or otherwise unsuitable, please post here and advise me! Otherwise, with approval, the RP will start as soon as I receive that approval!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 04:15:19 PM by Doomhawk »
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
The one question I have is, how did he find out about Elfangor. The only people who knew were the Ellemist, Elfangor himself, the animorphs, and a few higher ranking yeerks that wre likely killed by the end of it. The only people who could possibly tell him, are Visser 3 or one of the animorphs.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2012, 07:06:47 PM »
Well, I figured that with the war ending, nothing really needed to be kept secret, and Marco did write a book...
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2012, 08:20:40 PM »
Wait, I thought that they mentioned Ax was 4 andalite years old. So then in earth years he was like 13 or 14 or something.

Other than that, yeah, the characters good.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Gumby

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2012, 09:53:52 PM »
I don't think Marco's book reveled the Ellimist's existence.

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2012, 10:11:53 PM »
That seems like an odd thing to do, to be honest. Now imagine all the Ellemist worshipping cults popping up. OOOH OOH! The Connor's family cult worships the Ellemist! Okay, no more kangaroo talk.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2012, 07:43:00 AM »
yunyun: Yes, I read that too, but the (admittedly confusing) Andalite wikipedia page stated that 84 Earth months (7 years) was one Andalite year, so I did a bit of calculating and it seemed that 3 Andalite years would turn out at 21 Earth years. I can change it though.

BlazingAngel, ShionSonozaki: Who said that Marco revealed the existence of the Ellimist? I don't think he'd be willing to, considering all the stress that the Ellimist caused them. He's a smart guy, I'm sure he could find a way to write about the whole events without mentioning the Ellimist.

Edit: I realise this looks like I'm trying to justify everything, which I suppose I am just so that the background of the character works out. If these answers are still unacceptable, I will change the character as soon as you reply.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:49:51 AM by Doomhawk »