Author Topic: After the Animorphs: The One OOC [spoilers for entire series]  (Read 8571 times)

Offline Doomhawk

Spoilers for the entire series! If you wish to skip the background, scroll straight to the text in GREEN

"Answer this, Ellimist: Did I  . . . did I make a difference? My life, and my. . . my death . . . was I worth it? Did my life really matter?"

"Yes," he said. "You were brave. You were strong. You were good. You mattered."

"Yeah. Okay, then. Okay, then."

The Ellimist looked down at the bravest Animorph solemnly, waiting for her to fade from existence.

LETTING GO OF YOUR STRONGEST CHESS PIECE SO EASILY? I'M SURPRISED, ELLIMIST. The Ellimist looked upwards to spot his nemesis staring down at him. In that moment, attention diverted by the glowing red eye, a small, wrinkled dinosaur-like being appeared in a flash and then disappeared with the prone form of Rachel. He looked back down to see that she had already passed.

"I understand that you may be bitter about losing this final game, Crayak, but did you really feel it necessary to interrupt this moment?" The Ellimist asked patiently.

OH, I AM NOT INTERRUPTING. I, TOO, CAME TO PAY MY LAST RESPECTS TO THE MOST BLOODTHIRSTY WARRIOR OF ALL. IF I HAD KNOWN AT THE START WHAT SHE WOULD BECOME, I WOULD HAVE TRADED A HUNDRED OF MY PIECES FOR HER. The wizened Ketran nodded slowly.

"That she was a force to be feared is something that I agree on." Then he looked back up at Crayak. "Whatever happens to the lone Blade ship that escapes, it does not matter. I have won the game, Crayak." The Ellimist sensed the ship flying towards Kelbrid space, knowing that as soon as they encountered any other ship, they would be destroyed. "You agreed that you would cease medding in the universe, should you lose."

I AM NO FOOL, ELLIMIST. WHILE THIS OUTCOME IS MOST UNSATISFYING, I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I SHOULD FIGHT, IT WOULD NOT END WELL. YOUR DESTRUCTION, MY DESTRUCTION, THE DESTRUCTION OF THE UNIVERSE. WITHOUT A UNIVERSE, I COULD NOT SEEK ENTERTAINMENT IN THE ELIMINATION OF RACES. WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO? The Ellimist smiled.

"It seems that with this game, you've become wise enough to see that I will refuse any further requests for more games."

I WILL ADMIT THAT I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS DEFEAT. I BELIEVE THAT FROM NOW I WILL WATCH MY REMAINING PIECES AND WITNESS THEIR DEMISE, OR PERHAPS THEIR SURVIVAL.

"If you meddle with their fate, I will know." The Ellimist spoke simply. It was not a warning or a threat. It was a statement that promised trouble for Crayak should he inflict anything upon any other galaxy or planet with his handful of broken Yeerks.

THEN THIS IS GOODBYE, ELLIMIST.

----------------------------

3 Years Later

There was a dangerous smile on Jake's face. Rachel's smile. "Full emergency power to the engines," Jake said. "Ram the Blade ship."

The Ellimist's attention was piqued and he appeared in the galaxy system just in time to see a sun that should have provided heat for millions of years supernova prematurely.

GOOD, I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION. The Ketran had felt the disturbance and his displeasure showed on his face. BEFORE YOU ACCUSE ME OF BREAKING MY PROMISE, I SUGGEST THAT YOU LISTEN TO WHY I WANTED TO CALL YOU HERE. YOUR PRECIOUS ANIMORPHS ARE ABOUT TO BE CAPTURED AND ABSORBED.

"Explain." The Ellimist asked almost coldly. Crayak had no business bringing his destruction to an innocent part of the universe.

THE ENTITY WHO HAS ABSORBED THEM IS NONE OTHER THAN THE VERY SAME ONE THAT EXPELLED ME FROM MY OWN REALM IN THE DISTANT PAST.

"I do not see what this has to do with me. I may have been attached to them, but it is no longer my place to meddle, just as it is yours not to destroy suns and leave planets helpless in darkness." The Ellimist was close to reacting with action. The bright red eye that faced him stared him down.

THIS ENTITY IS STRONGER THAN I AND NOW HAS ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE OF EARTH TO REALISE THAT ABSORBING ITS POPULATION WILL MAKE IT EVEN MORE POWERFUL. IMAGINE ALL THE HUMANS ON EARTH WITH SPECIAL EXPERTISE, SCIENTISTS AND PROFESSORS AND COMMANDERS OF ARMIES. THE ENTITY WILL MAKE USE OF THIS KNOWLEDGE TO TAKE OTHER WORLDS AFTER. I IMAGINE THAT ABSORBING EARTH'S KNOWLEDGE WOULD MERELY BE THE PRECURSOR TO IT TAKING THE ANDALITE HOMEWORLD. The Ellimist, feeling as he did about both humans and Andalites, lowered his arms immediately. WHEN IT HAS ABSORBED ENOUGH RACES, WE WILL BE THE LAST TARGETS. THE ENTITY IS NOT LIKE US YET. IT CANNOT AFFECT TIME AND SPACE WITH A SINGLE ACTION. BUT IF IT CAN ABSORB OUR POWERS, IT WILL BE ABLE TO DO WHAT IT WISHES WITH THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE.

"I see." The Ketran was silent as he remembered his own experiences such a long time ago with Father, the being that had also absorbed his friends. It spurred him to decide. "So, I presume you called me here for assistance."

YES AND NO. I WAS THINKING OF PROPOSING THE FINAL GAME. I WILL HANDPICK A TEAM TO FIGHT AGAINST THE ENTITY. YOU WOULD DO THE SAME. NO HOLDS BARRED. WE WOULD SEND OUR TEAMS TO FIGHT THE ENTITY. WHOEVER'S TEAM WINS WILL WIN THE GAME. The Ellimist was silent, digesting Crayak's suggestion. BY USING PROXIES, THE ENTITY WILL NOT KNOW OF OUR EXISTENCE AND IT SHOULD BUY US MORE TIME TO FIND A REFUGE FROM HIM IF THEY LOSE.

"And what if they do lose? Both teams?" The Ketran asked.

WE START AGAIN AND FORM ANOTHER TEAM. YOU SEE, WE CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE THIS GAME. SO WE WILL KEEP PLAYING UNTIL WE WIN.

"I notice that you say 'we'. Are you suggesting that this game will be a team effort?" The Ellimist questioned skeptically.

I WAS THINKING THAT THE RULES OF THIS GAME WOULD NOT FORBID THE TEAMS WORKING TOGETHER. IF THEY CHOSE TO.

"Rules?" The Ellimist folded his arms, curious to know what Crayak meant.

LIKE I STATED BEFORE, WE WOULD FORM TEAMS. THERE WOULD BE NO RESTRICTION ON WHO WOULD BE IN THE TEAM. FOR THE SAKE OF SIMPLICITY, HOWEVER, I SUGGEST THAT THERE BE A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF BEINGS IN THE TEAM. SECONDLY, WE ARE NOT TO UNDULY INFLUENCE OUR TEAMS. WE MAY NOT COLOUR THEIR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY AND PREJUDICE THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER. THUS, THEIR FREE WILL MAY LEAD THEM TO CO-OPERATE. IF THIS MAKES THEM MORE LIKELY TO DEFEAT THE ENTITY, THIS CANNOT BE A BAD THING. FINALLY, WE CANNOT INTERACT DIRECTLY WITH OUR TEAMS. WE WILL USE A 'GUIDE' CHARACTER. THIS WILL LIMIT ANY ACCIDENTAL BIAS AND IF THE ENTITY ABSORBS A TEAM AND SIFTS THROUGH THEIR MEMORIES, THEY WILL NOT FIND ANY EVIDENCE OF GODLIKE BEINGS WHO CAN MANIPULATE TIME AND SPACE- THEY WILL ONLY SEE THESE MYSTERIOUS GUIDES WHO SEEM UNUSUALLY KNOWLEDGEABLE.

The Ellimist thought about Crayak's proposal. "Fix your destruction. In the time it takes for you to recreate the sun you destroyed and repopulate the races that were killed by this, I will consider this." Crayak's immediate movement and the spark that blossomed into a sun surprised the Ketran. If Crayak was so eager to win him over that the malevolent being would willingly create rather than destroy, then this might be serious. The idea of Father absorbing him now that he had godly powers was a rather terrifying idea. As the avian race that had previously lived on the dead planet reached its five-hundredth generation, the Ellimist turned to the red eye watching him. "I accept your challenge. If this being is half the threat that you claim, it is in our best interests to work against it. What are the starting conditions of this game?"

THE STARTING POINT IS EARTH. WE WILL SEND DOWN OUR GUIDES TO EACH TEAM MEMBER WE CHOOSE, INFORMING THEM OF THE THREAT TO THE UNIVERSE. They both flickered and reappeared, hovering above Earth against a dark and starry backdrop. WE MAY USE OUR GUIDES AS OFTEN AS NECESSARY, AS THE GOAL OF THE GAME IS TO SUCCEED, NOT TO LOSE. HOWEVER, WE MAY ONLY ALLOW THEM TO TRANSMIT DETAILED INFORMATION IS WHEN THE TEAM CAN PROGRESS NO FURTHER WITHOUT OUTSIDE GUIDANCE OR EVEN PHYSICAL HELP.

"This seems more than reasonable, Crayak." The Ellimist remarked.

I NOTICE YOUR HUMOUR, ELLIMIST. I NOW CHOOSE MY GUIDE.

"There is no need to announce your sending of the Drode." The Ellimist shook his head. Suddenly a humanoid being appeared, floating in front of the large red eye, its own eyes shut as if sleeping. I CHOOSE DAVID THE FORMER ANIMORPH.

"I was not aware you kept him!" The Ellimist was shaken.

HE AMUSED ME. I ALSO KEPT ANOTHER PLAYING PIECE, MORE FOR DISPLAY THAN ANY OTHER PURPOSE, BUT GIVEN THE EXISTENCE OF THIS GAME, PERHAPS IT MIGHT BE OF USE TO YOU?

"I will be choosing Elfangor, thank you." The Ketran remarked primly as the form of an Andalite flickered in front of him.

INTERESTING. I HAD THOUGHT THAT THIS PIECE MIGHT BE OF MORE VALUE TO YOU. It then appeared-

"Rachel." The Ellimist spoke only one word.

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THESE GUIDES, BECAUSE OF THEIR NEED TO PROVIDE ASSISTANCE, WILL RETAIN FREE WILL, PHYSICAL FORM AND ANY POWER THAT THEY MIGHT HAVE POSSESSED ORIGINALLY.

"Including the power to morph..." The Ketran muttered.

I UNDERSTAND THAT DAVID THE FORMER ANIMORPH IS A NOTHLIT, SO I SUPPOSE HE SHOULD START OFF LIKE YOUR TOBIAS. AS AN ANIMAL THAT CAN MORPH INTO A HUMAN BODY FOR TWO HOURS AT A TIME.

"No. That would not be fair. If this game is to be played properly, David will need to be back in his human body." The Ellimist knew that Crayak was playing on his sense of fairness, but there were more important things to worry about. "I will take Rachel as my guide...you haven't influenced her, have you?" The prone form of Rachel floated over to the Ellimist so that he could check. He examined her mind and found it free of any corruption. "Alright. And what happens when one of us wins?"

YOU ARE WELCOME, ELLIMIST. Crayak remarked almost sarcastically. WE WILL DEAL WITH THAT WHEN IT COMES TO IT. I BELIEVE THAT THIS GAME WILL OCCUPY TOO MUCH OF OUR ATTENTION TO WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE. NOW, LET US SEND OUR GUIDES DOWN TO EARTH AND LET THE GAME BEGIN.
------------

The One, the being that is now worshipped by the Yeerks, is coming for Earth and eventually, the rest of the universe. The Ellimist and Crayak, not wanting it to gain knowledge of their existence and wanting to preserve the universe, are playing a game that may be the only hope of saving it. So, they are playing a game where their guides, specifically chosen beings that will pass on guidance and aid, will go down and brief their hand-picked teams of people that will be sent out to stop The One before it can reach Earth. There are no holds barred.

You are a being that has been chosen to form part of a team to stop The One. You are in the middle of your normal lifestyle when it is interrupted.

If you are greeted with an apparition of DAVID: You have no idea why this boy has suddenly come to you or who he is. But when he morphs in front of you, you are silenced. Since the Animorphs, the only people that can morph are Andalite tourists or anti-terrorist squads that generally keep themselves very well hidden. Who is this child and why can he morph? Something out of the ordinary is happening.

If you are greeted with an apparition of RACHEL: A young teen appears in front of you. When you hear her name and are greeted with her no-nonsense attitude, you start to question whether you are losing it. Rachel the Animorph died in the last battle of the Yeerk-Human War three years ago. How can she be here before you? Why is she talking to you? Why hasn't she gone off to find the other Animorphs, lost in space and presumed deceased?

As the Ellimist and Crayak can choose anyone they wish to be in their team, you may play any race. As long as there is a reason to why they are on Earth, they are eligible to be picked. Ever since the end of the war, Earth has been more receptive to the idea of other aliens besides the Andalites. There are still Yeerk nothlits among them and Andalite tourists are not too uncommon. Your adventure begins in the middle of a normal day. I will be playing the Guides David and Rachel; if your first post is just a normal one, I will reply with the appearance of your Guide, who will brief you and inform you of the mission. It is then up to you to find your fellow teammates and then decide how you will fight your new enemy. It would be ideal to find a way off of Earth, as if you wait for your enemy to come to you, if he destroys you it will be too late for Earth. No, it would be best to find your enemy first and use the element of surprise to fight him in space. However you prepare for this is up to you.

Character Profile:
Team: (Ellimist or Crayak- remember that they are using Guides so that The One doesn't realise they exist and try and hunt them, so your character will not actually have any knowledge of Ellimist or Crayak and will only know their Guides Rachel and David)
Name:
Race:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Morph-capable?: (Y/N. If so, please state morphs already acquired. Remember that it's rare to possess this ability considering that Escafil cubes are highly-guarded, so please also explain why you have this ability. Also, please don't have too many morphs- we don't want people being overpowered! However, for all those answering No, is there anything stopping you from planning to steal one in the RP in order to give you another weapon against your enemy?)
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: After the Animorphs: The One OOC [spoilers for entire series]
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »
I'm willing to give it a shot. Only one question, Does this person have to be from the modern time period, or can they be from the past or future?

Team: Crayak

Name: Cory "The wolf" Miles

Race: American Indian descent.

Appearance: Slightly dark skin, eyes like a wolf, always alert  and ready. Average height, heavily muscled build, several scars, most notably a line crossing his mouth where hair can't grow, but theirs no scar. Chisled handsome face.

Personality: A cold calculating killer with a nearly indifferent mask on most of the time. He only lets emotions show when with someone he truly trusts. 

History: A fourth generation assassin. He was born into the Assassin order, dedicated to battling the Templars. His parents raised him with the other families of the order in what is registered as Amish land in Pennsylvania.

Morph-capable: Not.

Why Chosen (Why Crayak sent David after him.): He is, in an defenition of the word, a beast.  He is a master of the bow, knife, and tomohawk. At bare minimum he's had at least least novice level training in nearly every other conventional weapon one could imagine. He  earned his nickname from his tendency to stalk prey, learn their habits, and strike with unmatched precision. As long as he believes he's doing the right thing by following David, he will do anything to help.

I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:22:38 AM »
This looks, well...awesome! I'd like to join, but just cant think of any character. It's just that, this is very likely to get me scolded, and, as you said that you dont want people too over powered, I assume playing as a green lantern is out of the question. Right Doomhawk?

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
Well, it's basically set after Animorphs so modern-ish, and it's not a crossover, so sorry, no Assassins or Green Lanterns!
Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah. It's a swell sound. Sometimes I just lie in bed for six or seven hours doing nothing but saying 'million.'"

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 09:46:41 AM »
Wait a second, the charact er i described does live in modern times. He's based from the assassins creed video games, where the assassin order still runs to this day.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »
Team: Ellimist
Name:Citrus Hua
Race: half asian, half caucasian
Appearance: pale skin, violet eyes, really long dark green (almost black) hair, meduim height for age, slightly thin, often wears a dress or skirt. Sometimes was black yoga pants and white long sleved shirt. Really dislikes jeans and anything made from animal skin.
Personality: Isn't very social, loves reading (quantum physics  :P ), likes anything having to do with nature (incuding physics and chemical elements), quiet, can be cold but isn't often, sensitive
History: had an everyday normal life with parents
Morph-capable: no. Wants to morph though
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 02:10:42 PM by yunyun »
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Karakae579

• Not always black and white....
    • Another Side
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 11:36:59 AM »

Name: Claire Malcolm (AKA Karakae 579)

Race: Human-Controller (White American)

Appearance: Claire is about 5' 7" with a somewhat pale complexion. Her hair is very long and pale blonde, accompanied by icy blue eyes. She generally wears a rather tomboyish outfit, including jeans (often a little torn) and a T-shirt. She also prefers to wear boot and a hat, with simple earrings and a pendant. (Her appearance is very loosely based off of Evanna Lynch, the girl who plays Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter. This is not intentional, it just sort of happened that way.)

Personality: The real Claire suffers from a form of autism that has left her mental age at that of a 5 or six year old. So when speaking to this girl, you are actually talking to Karakae. Karakae has a very interesting personality. In a lot of cases, she comes across as very playful and easy going; occasionally even a little flirty. She is compassionate and pure hearted, with a will to push forward, no matter what is thrown her way. However, when something she cares about is threatened, she can prove to be a formidable enemy, with sharp intelligence and a fair amount of experience; particularly with a weapon.

History: During the Human-Yeerk war, Karakae actually held the position of a Sub-Visser in her local area. However, as the war grew more violent, she began to question her race's need to cause this war. It was then that she chose to build her own personal Yeerk Pool and break away from her people. She never actually became part of the Peace Movement, however, she occasionally assisted the humans in their war efforts.
After the war ended, Karakae slowly became part of society again, keeping her miniature pool hidden in a safe location and living as a normal human. She came to enjoy this life considerably, as did what she could in order to keep it that way. She works very hard to keep the fact she is a Yeerk a secret and to make sure that her mentally challenged host lives a happy and comfortable life.

Morph-capable?: No, and she probably won't ever, unless absolutely needed. She feels happy with her current body and thinks that it would be silly to morph when she is perfectly capable of fighting on her own. After all, with a Dracon Beam, Karakae does not miss.

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 12:06:34 PM »
yunyun, Karakae579: Looking good!

newBlazingAngel: Yep, modern is fine, but in the Animorphs universe, as far as I know, there's no such thing as Assassins! There's nothing wrong with your character having learned all these skills from somewhere, but bringing Assassins into it is technically crossover territory.

Hopefully we might get another player or two. If not and you're getting bored of waiting, a) we can start anyway, b) you can sign up for additional characters, c) I can play some NPCs on your team in addition to Rachel/David/The One/anyone else in the storyline!

Also, if crossoverfan reads this: this is a pretty flexible RP, there are a lot of choices- you can be an Andalite or a Hork-Bajir or a Yeerk, a human or even a made-up race that ends up interacting with humans after the whole "humans discovering other species in space" thing! The sky is the limit, so don't be discouraged :)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »
Okay, I'll just say he ws born into a cult that worships kangaroos and trys to kill nonbelievers. :P

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 11:31:33 PM »
You may do that if you so wish! I wouldn't put it past Crayak to choose someone like that :P

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »
WIth a little persuasion, the rest of the cult may be led to believe Crayak is the supreme Kangaroo.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 07:31:08 PM »
hey Doomhawk, you're playing too right? Since right now, there's only one person on the Crayak's side and two on the Ellimists
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:37 PM »
If we don't get any more players, then I can fill in the slot on the team if necessary. I'll wait a couple of days, see if we can find anyone else, and if not I'll start the RP itself!

Offline Gumby

• Reginald, Lord of The Abyss.
  • Xtreme Member
  • Back to where it all began
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:49 AM »
Name: Jonathan Fisher
Race: Human

Appearance: Tall, stocky and solid frame. He has tanned skin with military length light brown hair. He has few visible wounds, just a few small scars and marks, leftovers from training. He has brilliant green eyes and triangular face.
Personality: Smart, nice, can be a bit cynical at times and his normal cheery personality often morphs to a dry sense of dark humor during tense situations. He is a bit extroverted and can't stand extended periods of silence. A bit of a charmer (in his mind anyway) he can sometimes get on the nerves of nearby girls with an almost hilarious sense of flirtation. However is is dead-loyal to friends and will put much at stake for them.

History: Fifteen years old when the invasion came to light, he was immediately filled with a sense of awe and adventure, and dreamed of one day cruising the stars with the stars and stripes at his back. So when he turned eighteen, he signed up with the newly-founded United Nations Space Marine Corps. However, his hopes and dreams of cruising the stars and putting down evil alien scum were soon dashed by the fact that Earth only had five ships, all of which were being used for solar system exploration, and there was no real purpose for the marines, asides looking good in front of the Andalite ambassadors.

So after three years Fisher resigned with the rank of corporal. After this he became rather aimless in life, going to college for a degree but dropping out in six months. He had a myriad of jobs for a while; police officer, security guard, banker, janitor, anything to pay the bills and keep going. He began looking at a job in the Office of Alien Affairs, a federal group dedicated to monitoring alien affairs on Earth, including the tracking of Yeerk war criminals who went nothlit and went into hiding. He applied for a position as a field agent and his application is currently pending.

Morph-capable?: No. He has an aversion against morphing, despite it being how his heroes -the Animorphs- fought the Yeerks. He prefers to stick with what he knows how to use best, his guns and fists.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:28:37 AM by Shion Sonozaki »
"Now I can't speak for everyone; at least not until 'The Device' is completed."

- Ben 'Yahtzee' Croshaw

Offline Doomhawk

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 01:40:33 PM »
How exciting- another character joins the RP! :) I'll give it until this weekend and then start it off!