Author Topic: RAF FAQ | Look HERE FIRST.  (Read 17979 times)

Offline adamjared

• RAF Ancient
  • Gold Donor
  • .: One of the few remaining RAF Elders :.
RAF FAQ | Look HERE FIRST.
« on: June 08, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »
Q: What is RAF?
A: RAF (as it is generally called) is a forum for Animorphs fans to come, hang out, and chat about Animorphs, or any other topic they wish.
RAF was created by Richard on May 23, 2003 under the name Richard's Animorphs Forum as an exention of the website Richard's Animorphs which is now defunct.

Q: I get a message that says “Error, Hacking attempt” when trying to change my signature.
A: This is because the images you have chosen to put in your signature are too big. If you insist that this image must be in your signature, please PM a staff member, and they might help you upload it.

Q: I just registered for RAFChat, but it has been quite a while, and I still haven’t received an email.
A: The RAF Chat sends an email to the one provided. If you have not received it, a simple fix would be to PM Richard with your Username you signed up with on RAFChat. He should be happy to fix this problem for you at his first available convenience.

Q: What's up with the different member colors?
A: The colors depend on different member groups. For administrators, it’s Red. For Sr. Staff, Blue. For Jr. Staff, Purple. Gold Donors, Gold. God members, Black. Everyone else gets the same old color, unless they have a custom position.

Q: How do I change my display name (the name that everyone will see)?
A: First, you must reach at least a level of Sr. Member, or become a Donator. Then it’s just a process of clicking “Profile.” Then on the left side of your page, click “Account Related Settings,” under the Modify Profile heading. You should see a box where you can change your name.

Q: Can I change the color scheme of the forum for me? If so, where can I do this?
A: No, currently there is not an option to change the forum's colors as you see them. Richard may do this in the future, so stay patient and you may want to PM him to say that you would appreciate an option such as that.

Q: What is the Insanity Meter?
A: The meter goes up depending on how much you post. To be technical, if you make 500 posts in the past 30 days it will be at 100%
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 05:56:27 PM by Richard »

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
Re: RAF FAQ | Look HERE FIRST.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
What is with this RAF Party?

A RAF Party is a day which you're invited to come online and enjoy the day with your fellow Animorphs fans. The staff wants us all to post on RAF, go in RAF Chat, break RAF records and for new members, become a forum personality.

Typically posting in the Bored Board does not increase your post count, however when there's a RAF Party, posts made will increase your post count.
You are encouraged to post in the Bored Board.

The RAF Party is a two day event, however on our birthday, May 23, it tends to only be for the one day.

RAF Parties begin on the 3rd Saturday of the month.
More specifically 12:01 am EST Saturday and ends on 11:59 pm EST on Sunday.

Here is the main RAF Party thread:
http://animorphsforum.com/party

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
Remove Ads
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:39:46 PM »
Advertisements on RAF are to provide income to pay for hosting and other related services.

If you wish to remove ads from the Forum, become a donor by clicking here.