Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 588160 times)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #6615 on: August 01, 2017, 10:13:55 PM »
This book is off to an interesting start.

Oh, and I liked that you made me the "keychain of Courage" in the last book.  :D

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #6616 on: August 02, 2017, 05:57:30 AM »
Truth be told, the whole "keychain of Courage" thing was actually a reference and a bit of foreshadowing.

New chapter.

CHAPTER THREE:
Deliberate Deliberations

"And there were two more cases of this happening," Aquilai expounded. The RAFians had just received the report of Red Skjorte, and were currently being briefed on this happening. "Gary Greenberg, age 4, and Nancy Yellowstone, age 6. All found laying catatonic, a wide grin on their faces."

"Like Laughing Boy's toxin?" Parker asked.

"Similar effects, but it wasn't found in their systems," Aquilai said, "and he's still currently residing in the asylum. Maximum security."

"That rules him out," Saffa said. "Then who?"

"Well, these attacks seem more mystical in nature," Aquilai said, with some hesitation. "But I cannot verify that, as my knowledge of mystical things is pretty much wanting, at this point."

"It does seem to bear all the hallmarks " Broken said, knowingly. "Was there some commonality between the three cases, other than the afflictions?"

"All three were found in laying in front of the television, by horrified parents," Aquilai informed. "All between seven-thirty and eight a.m."

"So much for television being a reliable babysitter," Faerie said, with dry sarcasm.

"What program was on during that time?" Cloak asked very seriously. This case was reminding him of something he saw from a realm a long time ago.

"Uh, 'The Whimsy-Mimsies'," Aquilai answered, after shuffling through his notes.

"Ugh," GH groaned as only a father would. "Leatherhead loves that show. Unironically, too. It is the most vapid thing I've ever watched."

"It's the right time, and the right demographic," Cloak said, thoughtfully. "Perhaps this show warrants some reviewing. Scanning it for any mystical or xenotechnological shenanigans."

"Then it warrants immediate investigation!" Parker declared. "Let's go directly to the studio and --"

"Hold on," Cloak said. "We don't want to be presumptuous. It may lead there, I will admit. But we haven't any real grounds to officially investigate them or accuse them of being responsible for these cases -- all we have is circumstantial evidence. It wouldn't stand up in court -- at least, assuming Dweller courts are anything like Walker courts."

"Not to mention that our PR is finally out of the toilet with the whole Galactron and Coluan scenarios," Faerie said. The general public either no one cared or outright dismissed the whole Boundless ordeal as a conspiracy theory or myth. "To rush into something like this so recklessly might cause the public to turn on us again, impeding our efforts."

"And this 'Whimsy-Mimsies' show is number-one in their demographic," Shenmue pointed out, glancing at some of Aquilai's notes. "I think just a few people might take genuine issue if we go all jihad over their studio."

"So we do nothing?" Parker protested. He was always for the proactive approach. "We just sit here while this happens again?"

"We don't know how it's happening in the first place," Aquilai pointed out. "We haven't done the necessary examinations. And the general populace sees the show as harmless --"

"Define 'harmless'," GH muttered. "Sorry, Aquilai, but I've actually seen the show. It makes Barney the Dinosaur look high-minded and sophisticated."

"Nonetheless," Richard said, speaking for the first time in the meeting, "I think we should eschew any action before we have more information available. Jumping to conclusions can lead to very bad things. . . ."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 04:50:58 PM by Cloak »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6617 on: August 02, 2017, 07:53:21 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FOUR:
Reconnaissance Insurance

"Why'd I let you talk me into this?" Gaz complained quietly.

"Shh!" Parker prompted.

"Are you sure that this is a good idea?"

"Shh!" Parker prompted again, deliberately not answering her question.

"I should have stayed and worked on my thesis," Gaz said, regretting her procrastination.

"Shh!" Parker insisted. And then he added, "Don't tell Helen about this."

"Oh, Parker," Gaz groaned. "You're pulling this again? And you drag me along? Worse! I allowed you to!"

"Don't get all huffy -- it's just reconnaissance," Parker said. "The mods okayed it."

"Then why --"

"She worries," Parker said. "And she's the jealous type."

"Don't flatter yourself, Parker, I'm not --"

"SHHH!" Parker said, silently throwing himself and Gaz against a dark corner of the wall, as he looked to their left. He had heard something. And now he heard it more clearly.

"A guard's life
Is very solitary.
No one around
To shoot the breeze.
So many years
Of never making merry.
But I can feel
A change in my sneeze.
'Cause tonight there's --
No one in the hallway.
No one left or right.
But my senses all say
Someone's in the studio
Tonight!
No one by the fire.
No one sipping tea.
My fire's burning higher!
Someone's in the studio
With me!
Guards are people
With a good intuition,
And he's having a feeling
That is, oh, so bewitching.
Even though no one's
Hanging around
In the kitchen
We know that someone
Is near, dear!
No one in the attic
Only me in my chair.
But I'm so emphatic!
Someone's in the studio
Somewhere!
Where are you?
You wouldn't desert me?
You know it would hurt me.
Where are you?
Little no one
You're through!
No one in the mirror.
No one by the door.
But I'm getting closer.
Someone's in the studio
For sure!
No one small or dumb!
No!
No one pink and white!
Hey!
No one, here I come!
'Coz --
Someone's in the studio,
Someone's in the studio
And no one's getting out
Tonight!
"

Tyr had reflexively activated Parker's active camouflage components, and allowed him to cast the field over Gaz as well. It was little think he picked up from those Predators that the RAFians fought so long ago. Unfortunately, it didn't have a long lifespan before requiring to be recharged -- he hadn't perfected it.

But the guard had decided that the intruders were elsewhere, allowing the two access to the room beyond.

SOURCE SONG: https://youtube.com/watch?v=giTzwKYNVYk

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6618 on: August 03, 2017, 10:58:27 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FIVE:
Stop!!

The room beyond was actually small, brick-walled room. They had been in a basement-like area where the props and sets and things currently not in use were, and this smaller room seemed . . . unusual.

There wasn't anything here but a large man sitting in stiff-backed wooden chair wearing nothing but a brown loincloth and had a towel draped over his head. Just sitting here. Doing nothing. Behind him, on a dais raised up behind him, slightly to his left, was a white egg sitting on its rounded end that could easily fit a tall, svelte human inside. The man appeared to be guarding this egg, and he appeared to be in some sort catatonic state.

"You shouldn't be here . . ."

So he wasn't truly catatonic. But he said nothing more as the egg opened toward the rounded end, as if it was opening a mouth to smile. White light spilled out as it opened, taking the two RAFians off guard. Little did either one know that this was the repository of the children's taken life force, the repository of the children's stolen innocence -- there were several more cases of the condition that Aquilai had yet to mention in the briefing.

The light actually had some force to it. It threw the two RAFians into the profusion of empty cardboard boxes behind them. These boxes buried the two, and the egg quickly shut the opening, as if it was a triggered mousetrap.

The two RAFians, after a tense moment, groaned and sat up. But they weren't quite . . . themselves. Once they looked at each other, both fought the urge to scream and accuse the other, and booked it back to the forum, hoping against hope that no one would see them in this . . .

Condition.

"Ugh," GH said, out of Leatherhead's earshot. "I hate this show. Thanks for coming over, Cloak. I would have to lose my sanity if I had to watch anymore of that show."

"It couldn't be as bad as that movie about the emojis," Cloak said, reasonably.

"It's on peer," GH said, sounding very weary, "at the very least."

Television was still a novelty to Cloak, even after being a RAFian for what was for him nearly half a year, but over five or six years, Dweller time. Realm Walkers didn't have television themselves, though they had books and rather advanced technology. After all, why have television when you can just up and go to different realms? But this whole epidemic that was happening with kids watching this show . . . it seemed very strange and alien to him as well. Television, when you boiled it down it's base essentials, was a glowing box that relayed information and entertainment. How harmful, exactly, could it really be?

"What's that look for?" GH said, noticing Cloak's distracted, considering face.

"Hopefully, nothing," Cloak said, vaguely. "It's just that this . . . this reminds me of something that happened in a realm I visited once. Now I don't know much about the --"

Cloak stopped, because he heard something that GH didn't seem to be able to hear. But, GH was a human, and thus only had a human range of hearing, despite having a musician's ear. Cloak's hearing was far more acute, and so he reacted with such rapidity that it startled the RAFian musician.

He aerokinetically pulled Leatherhead away from the television, much to the shock of the Ollie puppet onscreen. Who Cloak never took his amber feline eyes off of. The Elements Master stared at the onscreen puppet with such furious intensity that the puppet actually felt fear.

Suddenly and abruptly, the screen went to a commercial about some wrinkle cream that no one in the room cared about.

"Cloak, what --" GH started, but Cloak cut him off.

"Later!" Cloak said. "I've just understood something. We need to get everyone together. Parker and Gaz should have gotten back from their recon trip. They should have some information as well."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6619 on: August 04, 2017, 07:48:06 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER SIX:
A Brief Briefing

"Where's Gaz and Parker?" GH asked as he and Cloak arrived at the briefing. They had left Leatherhead to be babysat by Dino -- both agreeing that maybe the kid had been watching a bit too much television, and Dino would attract far too much attention if they were to take on this studio directly or inconspicuously.

"Be mindful," Helen said, protectively and almost threateningly. Two newly arrived RAFians soon saw why. Both Gaz and Parker had inexplicably been turned into . . . puppets. Specifically of the Muppet variety. Parker was still in his armor, and.it was very odd to see a Muppet in SPARTAN armor -- the clashing dissimilarity of the two made it seem almost funny.

"First one to laugh gets stabbed," Parker threatened moodily.

"What happened?" GH said, far from finding it funny, found it perplexing in a nonsensical way.

Gaz and Parker described their ordeal, and it basically confirmed, in Cloak's mind, his suspicions. He had hoped the answer would be more mundane, something less bizarre. But he should know by now such hopes are exercises in futility.

"What could possibly have been in that egg that could possibly do this?" Saffa inquired.

"Undistilled childhood innocence, children life force, probably," Cloak said. Then he explained what happened just a scarce few moments ago with Leatherhead.

"But why?" Shenmue asked.

"If I had to hazard a guess," Demos said, wearing a powder blue silk suit of which he was partial to, "currency."

"What?" Blaze said, with a rather hard tone.

"To use as currency in Hell," Demos said, either ignoring Blaze's tone or otherwise indifferent towards it. "Assuming these characters on this show, this 'Mimsy-Whimsies', are pooka demons, like I suspect."

"Pooka demons?" Horse inquired. "What devil are those things?"

"Interesting phrasing," Terenia noted with a small smile.

"Nothing like the creature from Irish mythology," Demos said, "at least, I think it's Irish mythology."

"The point, Demos?" Cloak prompted. "I know you had one."

"Hmm? Oh, yes," Demos said, unperturbed by Cloak's exasperation. "Pooka demons tend to look like puppets of Muppet quality -- but they hate being likened to them, as I've found out personally once. They take that rather like a racial slur. They cannot alter this form, and cannot truly possess other beings like demons of my status can. But they are vulnerable and mortal o any method that can destroy an ordinary puppet."

"And why did they have to turn us into this? My armor should have shielded me from this!!" Parker said, clearly not happy with his current form.

"Your armor hasn't any defense of mystical attacks of such a magnitude," Broken said. "But don't fret. I do not believe this state is permanent, nor is the condition of those catatonic kids. We just have to hind the egg and destroy the magic within it. Then, if all goes well, the innocence-slash-life force should return to the kids."

"The Pooka demons would never allow it," Demos warned. "They will have to be dealt with first."

"I think that this calls for a visit to their studio," Cloak said. "But only delegation of three of us. Don't want to tip our hats too soon. And, remember, this is only for information -- there has to be cover that the Pooka demons are utilizing. A human cover, as they can't go as they are."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #6620 on: August 04, 2017, 11:59:32 AM »
Interesting.  I've heard a very little bit about the mythology of 'pookas.'  I've never seen them portrayed as a class of demon, though.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6621 on: August 05, 2017, 06:08:36 AM »
Well, it's basically a pooka in name only.

New chapter.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
Henson Lot, Studio B4

It was Cloak, Demos, and Dylan that went to confront the person behind this. Or, at least, the person who produced, directed, and wrote for the show -- Manfred "Fred" Child. The trio strolled, bold as brass, directly into the studio, flashing their Marks like police badges. The members of staff didn't seem to care, not even recognizing their presence, just going about their business like drones.

"That's creepy," Dylan noted.

"They're clearly under some sort of spell," Cloak said, shrewdly. "They don't even realize we're here."

"That's clearly telling," Demos said. "Something shady is definitely happening here."

The RAFian trio continued through the winding, labyrinthine hallways. They were actually too narrow for Cloak's liking, but he kept this to himself. They came to a room where there appeared to be only a single occupant.

This man was overweight, but not morbidly so. His arms and fingers were thick but surprisingly nimble. His head had a full head of curly brown hair and beard, calling to mind a hornless satyr. The walnut table upon which he worked on a puppet obscured everything from his waist down. Didn't hide it from Earthsight, though.

"Mr. Manfred James Child, I presume?" Cloak said, and noticed a slight shutter in the man's body that his two RAFian companions seemed not to have noticed. Cloak decided not to call attention to it, in case he was mistaken, though he didn't think he was.

"Y-yes," he said. Cloak noticed the slight hesitation in his voice. It sounded like fear, but he hadn't any real reason to fear someone that he's never met. "How may I help you gentlemen today?"

His voice had a surprising childlike exuberance that Cloak found odd. Granted, Cloak was hardly the foremost authority on humans, and he was willing to acknowledge such.

"We've come for answers," Demos said. "Please put the Muppet down."

Another small, nuanced expression that this time was noticed by Demos. He had deliberately worked the word "Muppet" to test Child's reaction. He wasn't sure if Child passed the test or not.

"There have been a number of cases of children found catatonic," Cloak said, with a style of which Severus Snape would be proud. "Found upon the ground with rictus grins upon their faces."

"I don't understand," he said, "what does that have to do with me?"

Cloak's eyes narrowed. His Earthsight detected deception, but Cloak didn't say anything. Such accusations so soon might cause him to clam up and the RAFians need information, as much as they could garner from this meeting.

"The common link was watching your show," Cloak said, voice light as the wind. "And each within days of your show."

"Our other viewers were completely fine -- how am I responsible for this?" he countered. "While I have sympathy for the kids who suffered from this, but I still fail to see my culpability."

"You turned two of our friends into puppets!!" Dylan said suddenly.

Cloak was not pleased with this outburst. First, it gave way too much away. Second, knowledge is power, as the mad Coluan knew full well, and handing too much out would be giving your enemies, your antagonists, weapons.

"Can you prove that?" Fred asked.

"Well, uh," Dylan stammered.

"I'm the proprietor of the most popular show in the young child demographic," Fred said. Cloak noticed some of the childlike exuberance had been lifted from his voice, as if it was just a facade. "You are a bunch of ragtag vigilantes, with questionable practices."

"We save the world several times over!" Dylan countered.

Cloak place his hand on Dylan's shoulder and squeezed. His message was clear -- shut up.

"Forgive me, if I don't subscribe to RAFian propaganda," Fred said. But he didn't sound angry. His voice was toneless and almost indifferent. "So, unless you have a warrant, I must ask you to leave."

"But --"

Cloak steered Dylan out, and Demos followed, as Fred began to . . . hum to himself. But the oddity wasn't about to end there.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6622 on: August 05, 2017, 08:57:08 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Unexpected Role Reversal

Child kept humming until he was sure that the were gone, then, with a gross slurp type sound, a hand was removed from his back. He immediately slumped over onto the table, as if he was a puppet himself. The controlling party revealed himself as he stepped out from behind the apparently dead Child.

It was Ollie Gark. Yes, the puppet Ollie Gark. And yes, he was a Pooka demon. He picked up a phone, and said, "Get everybody in here. We've got a problem."

Cloak had sent the other two off to report what they've seen, while Cloak remained, out of human earshot, but well within his own. And he heard Ollie's phone call.

"'Kay," Ollie said when all were gathered before him. Allie Gark. Nancy the Donkey. Mitch the Elephant. Theo Krat. "Which one of you numskulls turned two RAFians into puppets?"

"It wasn't us," Theo said.

"What do you mean, 'it wasn't us'?" Ollie demanded.

"Theo's right," Mitch said, "these RAFians must have been the ones that broke into the 'Don't' room."

"They messed with the Nest Egg," Nancy said.

"Stupid jacka--," Ollie said, before reflexively stopping himself. "Might as well walk into a nuclear reactor and lick the core. Anything could have happened. You just . . . you just don't trifle with the Nest Egg!"

"Maybe we should take the spell off a couple of the workers," Allie suggested, "so they can actual see or operate a camera."

Ollie quickly dismissed this, citing that it was keeping all their cloaking spells running, enabling them to steal the innocence and life forces of the "kiddies", and even managed to turn two RAFians into puppets. He noted that the system was now perfected and they could wipe out their entire demographic in one fell swoop.

Then, unable to resist apparently, Ollie began to sing:

"I didn't get where I am today
By letting myself get pushed around!
No man or beast, or amber-eyed thingy!
Is going to drag me down!
"

"Please kill me," the real Child begged. This wasn't what he thought would happen when he sold his soul to make 'The Whimsy-Mimsies' number one in ratings. He wasn't expecting this torture.

"Shut up, Child," Ollie said, dismissively, as he decided to continue with the song.

"The lightning!
Will be flashing!
The thunder it will roar!
They'll never thought what hit 'em!
Wait 'til they see what I have in store . . .
BIG AND LOUD!
It will be BIG AND LOUD!
When they fail, they'll really fail!
And they're gonna fail big!
And they're gonna fail loud!
They're gonna fail big . . . and . . .
"

"Please let me die," Child pleaded.

"Shut up, Child," Ollie said, as he completed the song:

"LOUD!?"

Meanwhile, having gotten the gist of it, Cloak made for the forum. They were going to have to formulate a plan quick to counteract this plan of there's.

SOURCE SONG: https://youtube.com/watch?v=yRcdLztYdeY

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6623 on: August 06, 2017, 05:34:20 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER NINE:
Up to Debate

"Big and loud, eh?" GH asked. "While I can get behind the concept of 'big and loud', they think that they can drain their entire demographic? Seriously? Do they realize how many children that would harm?"

"Most demons don't have a heart," Demos said, as if acknowledging a heavy truth. "My half brother should be a perfect example. Most demons don't care about others or the people they hurt. It's the demonic nature, and most choose not to fight it, like I do."

"Whether not they can or not, we all know that they will try," Saffa said. "And we must take the appropriate steps to stop them.

"But, unfortunately, there's a bunch of logistic problems to work out," Faerie said, "we can't be seen beating the ever-loving crap out of what amounts to childhood icons."

"Maybe you guys can't," Gaz said, with an inward smile, "but Parker and I can."

"What do you mean?" Phoenix inquired, regarding Gaz with a curious look.

"Anyone else goes and people will think that we're just throwing our weight around, abusing our power," Gaz continued in her line of thought, "but Parker and I are essentially Muppets. Glorified puppets. People will think its just part of the show."

"Can human beings truly be that naive?" Spectre asked, rhetorically.

"We have some time to prepare, at least," Parker said. "If they're going to do this thing on as high of a scale as they are intending, it would take some time to organize."

"Yes," Cloak agreed, "and they'll be distracted whilst doing it. It would be a perfect time to take down this Nest Egg thing of theirs."

"Um," Faerie said. "Stupid question time. How are you going to do that without being turned into a puppet yourself?"

"This Nest Egg thing clearing has some realty manipulation ability, granted nowhere to the scale of a Celestialsapien," Cloak said, "and I, as a Realm Walker, am immune to such things."

"How can you be so sure?" Nate inquired. "If we have one misstep . . ."

"I survived the destruction of the Realm to its core before," Cloak said, only dimly aware that they would have no idea what he was talking about. They didn't know or remember when the Realm completely unraveled into nothingness, nor Cloak and Shadow's meeting with Anomaly. "This will not be nearly as bad."

"But the destruction of the Nest Egg thing could be explosive, harm the captive innocence-slash-lifeforce within, or otherwise devastating if not handled right," Broken warned. "I do believe its effects were magic based. Jossian magic, if I'm not mistaken."

"Yes, and I'll be the first to admit that I'm not too terribly versed in magic," Cloak admitted. "So, Broken and I will disarm this Nest Egg and release the captive energy within. Hopefully, restoring the children back to normal."

"And, if it doesn't?" Abby queried.

"We'll find another way," Cloak said. "Kelly, perhaps."

"I'm not sure it would work," Kelly admitted. Then she added, in frustration, "With all the damn limitations my healing powers have, one has to wonder why I even have them at all."

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6624 on: August 06, 2017, 09:45:00 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TEN:
Our Time Has Come

The Pooka Puppets decided to make the whole thing into a spectacle -- airing it as their final episode, where they planned to suck the innocence-slash-life force from the kiddies on a grand, showy scale.

Then they planned to book it and buy their own part of Hell, as oligarchs. That's one reason they needed this to be a longer episode. A direct-to-TV movie, as it were. And what better storyline than the Whimsy-Mimsies go to Hollywood?

They sang:

"Our time has come, we're gonna
Walk in the sun.
We've packed our hopes.
We're ready to roll.
We're on our way.
With a little faith, we can
Step from obscurity and
Tell everyone to
Turn the spotlight on!
Now our time has come!
"

Meanwhile, Gaz and Parker managed to get into the studio easily. To be fair, the external defenses were basically nil with basically the entirety of their staff, administration, and security were little more than mindless drones.

"Our time has come, we're heading
Straight for the sun,
With heart and soul,
Watch us go!
We're on our way
With a little love, we know
Nothing can stop us, so
Tell everyone to
Turn the spotlight on!
Now our time has come!
"

The two RAFian Muppets stayed toward the dark exterior wall, trying to discern the soundstage, the set being used.

"Are you ready to wish upon a star?
Well, we'll be ready to follow our own hearts.
Are you ready to be set free?
Well, we'll be ready to reach out for that dream.
Just over the horizon.
"

Only one was currently in use, as the others held the lonely air of neglect. Clearly, the network execs were under a spell to broadcast nothing but this show (aside from some paid programming that aired during school hours, right after eight), or they were just giving the show the same treatment that Cartoon Network was giving "Teen Titans Go". The latter would make more sense, as both shows were of similar quality.

"Our time has come, we're gonna
Walk in the sun.
We've packed our hopes.
We're ready to roll.
We're on our way!
With a little faith, we can
Step from obscurity  and
Tell everyone
Turn the spotlight on!
Now our time has come!
"

The old sets may have been unused in a great while, and were in need of cosmetic repair, but they made wonderful hiding spots from any weary eye of these demonic Pookas.

"Are you ready to make your move?
Well, we'll be ready for miracles to come true.
Are you ready for the world to believe in you?
Well, we'll be ready to reach out for that dream.
Just over the horizon.
"

The two RAFians moved quite quietly, like alleycats on the prowl. They did not want to alert the currently occupied and oblivious "Whimsy-Mimsies" from their little project. At least, not until the time was right.

"Our time has come we're gonna
Walk in the sun.
We've packed our hopes.
We're ready to roll.
We're on our way.
With a little love, we know
Nothing can stop us, so
Tell everyone to
Turn the spotlight on!
Now our time has come!
Can you feel the power now?
The day is ours.
For you and I,
There comes a time
To hold our heads high!
Make a little history
Each time we dare to dream!
Tell everyone to
Turn the spotlight on!
Now our time has come!
Our time has come we're gonna
Walk in the sun.
We've packed my hopes.
We're ready to roll.
We're on our way
Make a little history
Each time we dare to dream.
Tell everyone to
Turn the spotlight on!
Now our time has come.
Our time has come.
Our time . . .
"

Not yet. The time wasn't right . . . not yet. Not yet.

SOURCE SONG: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jSP42-WHlnk

(January 7, 2020)

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #6625 on: August 07, 2017, 12:48:21 AM »
I see we have similar opinions of "Teen Titans Go."  :P

Also, for some reason I just pictured Muppet-Gaz as a gender-swapped Count (from Sesame Street).

Can't wait to see what the RAF-Muppets have planned!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:50:24 AM by DinosaurNothlit »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6626 on: August 07, 2017, 05:25:58 AM »
I see we have similar opinions of "Teen Titans Go."  :P

Yes, as many others feel this way as well. I took particular umbridge when I found out that they were showing it for four days straight. Nothing but "Teen Titans Go". The show isn't even all that good. Poorly written, poorly animated, just pandering to the lowest common denominator -- ****ting on everything the original series was.

New chapter.

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
The "Don't" Room

Cloak brought Broken and Yarin with him. They went to the location Parker and Gaz had detailed. The walls were bricked, and cool to the touch. And damp, as well. This was a basement area, after all.

The wall to what they called the 'Don't' room was actually well hidden, unless you were looking for it. And if you could use Earthsight. Cloak easily saw through the false wall -- Cloak surmised that Tyr could detect it for Parker, and that's how he found it. The wall was actually very convincing, surprisingly so.

<I do sense minds nearby,> Yarin whispered, mind-to-mind. <But they're numb. Somniferous. Groggy.>

"It would be the spell those Muppet things cast upon them," Cloak deduced. "It apparently turned them into mindless drones."

<Once released,> Yarin said, following this train of thought to its most logical conclusion, <these people would not recollect anything that transpired in the duration of the spell.>

"I have misgivings," Broken whispered. He was tempted to cast that muffling sound spell, but he couldn't remember the incantation at the moment. He may have been the Sorcerer Supreme, but that did not mean he had perfect recall. "Mixing magicks can be very dangerous. Dangerous in the unpredictable volatility that comes from mixing them."

<Then the solution is simple,> Yarin said. <Don't mix magicks.>

"It may not be so simple," Broken said, not taking umbridge at the Nyac's bluntness. "I may have to in order to save us, or, likewise, save them. Circumstances may force me to."

"Well, we won't know until we get around this false wall." Cloak said. "But, don't worry, Broken, we won't need that unlocking charm."

Cloak easily broke the combination lock and slide the wall to the right. He allowed the other two to enter, than he shut the wall again. Then he ferrokinetically repaired the lock. No need leaving more evidence than necessary. No need in showing their hand more than necessary.

The three slinked to an interior wall, and waited. Listened. Waited. Surely, this Nest Egg, as they called it, would be more guarded after the first incursion. Surely, they would not be so complacent to believe that their security was up to scratch.

Cloak was destined to be disappointed in this regard, having underestimated the raging arrogance and sheer hubris of Ollie Gark, the tyrannical leader of these "Whimsy-Mimsies". One incursion, with two intruders getting through all of its remarkably lax defenses, and he doesn't see fit to heighten security? It made no logical sense.

The guards they had were just singing that song -- but Cloak was sure that the guard was not anymore aware of his surroundings anymore than any the mind-numbed staff, administrators, etcetera. How was this a good idea for security? Did these "Whimsy-Mimsies" just elect the most inept of their number to leader? Or did he just strongarm his way into a leadership role? Did he just inexpertly coerce his way to the top, and dominate the others into submission?

So many questions. But they were superfluous questions to the task at hand. They may be answered later, or may not. But they were not necessary for the completion of this objective, or this mission. And, yet, these questions weighed on Cloak's mind, no matter how much he tried to dismiss them.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:48:32 AM by Cloak »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6627 on: August 07, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWELVE:
Whimsy-Mimsies Take Hollywood

Theo Krat sang, as the group "went" to Hollywood (via green screen):

"Since I was a little kid
I had a dream of
My name in lights:
Theo, the Song-and-Dance Krat.
I got on a bus and came to the town
Where dreams can come true.
It's gonna happen for me.
It could happen for you.
"

"Me?" Ollie asked, as the entourage continued with this Hollywood sham. They planned on taking the life force-slash-innocence during the film's climax. A showstopper to end showstoppers, they felt.

And, yet, Gaz and Parker still did not act yet. They had separated for some unexplained, inexplicable reason.

Theo continued:

"You can do anything if you try!
The most impossible dream can come true,
If you believe it!
This is my kind of town,
It's as clear as the nose on your face!
This is the time, this is the place!
This is the time, this must be the place!
Hollywood, where the streets are paved with gold!
Where the people never grow old, in Hollywood!
Hollywood, where the stars don't shine at night.
They walk around in the broad daylight, in Hollywood!
Dig that face!
They ain't seen nothin' like it any place!
It's right up off the movie screen!
If you know what I mean!
Look at me! I'm gonna be the cat to see!
I'm going down in history!
Just watch me!
"

There was a brief instrumental break, as Gaz and Parker secured places in which they could take down this whole operation, sharing some unspoken plan. The "Whimsy-Mimsies" seemed wholly unaware that their cheeky little scheme was about have two major chinks in it.

Theo continued:

" Hollywood, where the streets are paved with gold!
Where dreams can never grow old!
Right here in Hollywood?.
"

The RAFian-Muppets were in position, and from their shadowy places the two managed to maintain visual contact. They were doing this in tandem with Cloak's team, so they needed to wait for the most opportune, the most auspicious time, as did Cloak's team. Things had to align perfectly, if they were to succeed in doing this without any suspicion being cast upon them.

The two agreed that the whole "loveable cast of a blockbuster children's television show actually being demonic Pooka Demons who were gunning to steal the life force-slash-innocence from their entire demographic in one fell swoop" might be a bit much for the layman to swallow. Just as well, because any evidence would be circumstantial, especially if the populace had already made up their mind about the guilt or innocence of the RAFians, and would not be swayed.

The last thing they needed was another public relations fiasco.

SOURCE SONG: https://youtube.com/watch?v=k6SXyLGohZ8

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6628 on: August 08, 2017, 04:21:18 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
The Nest Egg

The trio of RAFians quickly made their way through the back room hidden by the false wall. And the more they did, the more Cloak grew confident that, instead of amping up security and becoming more paranoid, these Whimsy-Mimsy things did the direct opposite and became lax and complacent with their security. Cloak found this so incredibly odd that he was left without words.

Maybe he was judging them too harshly? Maybe they had limited resources that they had to spend elsewhere? Maybe this was a red herring to get them to second guess the legitimacy of this Nest Egg thing that they covet? It just did not sit well with the Realm Walker, and yet, he kept silent about it. He could just be being paranoid -- it wouldn't be the first time, in all honesty.

They quickly made it to the room beyond the false exterior wall, and saw precisely what Gaz and Parker had described. A hefty human male with a cloth towel over his head for some strange reason, and he was no wearing a shirt. In fact, he was dressed rather like the Incredible Hulk, only with a far less impressive physique and far less green. And instead of anger and rage, he was defeated and apathetic.

"You shouldn't be here," he said, in a very sad, defeated voice. What in the name of the First Light had happened to this man? Or was he not a man at all and just a energy construct of the Nest Egg? "You should leave."

"We cannot do that," Cloak said, unafraid. Whatever this Nest Egg could do, it was magical in nature, and Realm Walkers are magical Teflon. Magic can never stick them, or affect them directly. "This device has to be destroyed."

"That cannot be done," the sad man said.

"We have yet to try," Cloak said.

"It is impossible," the sad man said.

"That's just what people say when they want to sound impressive," Yarin noted. "The rules of impossibility can be bent or broken at any time, and then those that do become 'exceptions', exceptions to the rule."

Cloak cast a sidelong look at Yarin. He has thought about this before, evidently. Though Cloak wished the effect wasn't a muddled, almost incoherent philosophy that didn't really make too much sense his mind, all for the same of sounding profound.

But, instead of saying this to Yarin, he addressed Broken, "It's all y--"

Then the Nest Egg began to open, as if it were smiling. Cloak was not caught unawares. He had anticipated this, and was prepared for it as he quickly swept his right hand through the air, right to left, creating a floor-to-ceiling golden-scarlet energy shield.

The Nest Egg's blinding white light was filtered through the energy shield to be red and gold. Even Cloak had to admit -- the effect was pretty. Like a gold and scarlet aurora borealis. But whatever effect had was nullified before it shut again.

"As I was saying," Cloak said, "it's all yours, Broken."

"I must again register my concerns about mixing magicks," Broken warned. "We don't know what will happen. The unpredictability, ironically enough, is the only thing assured. The only thing that is certain is uncertainty."

"I am aware," Cloak said, "that's why I won't drop the shield anymore than necessary, anymore than is prudent, for your magic to get through. I am aware this might take some trial-and-error to accomplish."

"It won't be easy," Broken said, with a heavy sigh.

"Things worth doing rarely are," Yarin noted.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #6629 on: August 08, 2017, 06:13:06 PM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now

Now came the climax, where they would sing an upbeat song and drain the lifeforce/innocence from their demographic. Then they'd be done with this whole schtick. And they would retire to a life of luxury in their own little spot of Hell.

Ollie sang:

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen.
If you would be so kind --
Got someone very special here, and
She's 'bout to speak her mind . . .
"

Allie sang:

"I gotta song to sing
If you don't like my song, I'm gonna sing it anyhow!
I gonna sing with all my heart!
"

Both Garks sang:

"Yeah! Nothin's gonna stop us now!"

Allie sang:

"Take four and twenty, that way."

Both Garks sang:

"And bake it in a pie.
Before you put it in the oven, babe, you know they're gonna fly!
"

"Say curiosity killed the cat?
I'm livin' proof that that's a lie!
"

Then both sang:

"Now I'm gonna tell you why!"

Then all five sang:

"Yeah! Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us now!
Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us now!
"

Allie sang:

"And if I wanna dance, I'll dance!
As long as the law will allow!
"

Both sang:

"Dance and sing all night long!
'Coz nothing's gonna stop us now!
"

Then they all sang in unison:

"Yeah! Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us!
Nothing's gonna stop us!
Yeah!
"

Theo Krat sang:

"You smell that? Well, that's the smell of danger!
The smell of danger is my middle name.
I've been very quiet,
But I've got a lot to say, believe me!
"

Nancy the Donkey and Mitch the Elephant sang:

"You ain't goin' with us? Then stay out of our way!"

Theo Krat sang, as he danced:

"Oh! Lock down, rock down, shock down,
Flock down, held down, fell down every time!
Push back, push back! Hey all! C'mon back!
When you got yours, you musta got mine!
"

All of them sang again:

"Nothing's gonna stop us now!
Nothing's gonna stop us,
Nothing's gonna stop us,
Nothing's gonna --
"

"Yeah," came an unimpressed voice above them, "about that?"

"You're gonna be stopped," came another voice, about at five, six o'clock from them. "We know your plans, demons, and we cannot allow you to get away with it."

SOURCE SONG: https://youtube.com/watch?v=L1eBuuJqc44

(January 7, 2020)