Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 588355 times)

redtailedsaffa

Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #5385 on: February 05, 2016, 04:19:27 AM »
YOUR FATHER'S WHAT??????

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #5386 on: February 05, 2016, 07:56:43 AM »
All in due time, Saffa. All in due time. Anyway, book ideas.

• Book DCCCLXXII: "Puppet Reversal" -- The RAFians must deal with pupavampyras.
  • Book DCCCLXXIII: "Return of Brainie" -- Two RAFian enemies merge together and become one.
  • Book DCCCLXXIV: "An Insider" -- A young man finds a very special suit.
  • Book DCCCLXXV: "A New Queenie" -- There's a new Borg Queen.
  • Book DCCCLXXVI: "Mosaic Murder" -- Another person finds a very special suit.
  • Book DCCCLXXVII: "WMI" -- The RAFians become aware of WMI -- Weapons of Mass Infiltration.
  • Book DCCCLXXVIII: "Blender" -- Another person finds a special suit.

Don't think I rehashed anything. Lemme know what you think.

New chapter.

BOOK CXIII:
QUIET!

CHAPTER ONE:
Quite a Nightmare

Cloak was on the side of a sheer bioluminescent cliff. He dug his claws into the side of it, feeling his exhaustion like he never felt before. He slid down, itwas the Veil behind him. If he slid down, down in to it, certain death would be assured.

He had looked up, and saw his mother. Just sitting on the precipice, without the Oblivion vwte so much in sight. That should have been a clue about the nonreality of this situstion, of this place. Cloak attempt to pull himself up, but found that he hadn't the strength.

He called out to his mother. "Mother! . . . Mother, please help me!"

He slid down a bit again, as he struggled to stay on the cliff and not fall through the Veil. He didn't want to die, not like this. He was within reach of his mother's hand, if she would just proffer it. . .

But she didn't. She, instead lasted out, and dug her ursine claws into the back of his hands, causing his hands to bleed with his golden ichor. The pain of the betrayal was far more hurtful than the actual physical damage inflicted. This was his mother. Someone he was supposed to love, trust, and honor unconditionally. And, yet, he never got any of those in return, not really.

"Long live the RAFian," she snarled in a deep, husky voice. Cloak's eyes widened as he realized what she was about to. His own mother. His own mother betrayed him. His own mother was about to kill him.

She pulled his claws from the cliff face, and free her own claws easily. She had just killed her own son. Her only son. The betrayal . . . it was hard to believe, to acknowledge. He would be cast through the Veil, never to return.

Then he landed on a strange net, as everything else seeemed to melt away. The net was actually interwoven with names: Shadow. Faith. Saffa. GH. Gaz. And more and more names. He was not alone. If he was dead, or lost, he would be missed.

He was not worthless and expendable.

Cloak awoke. It wasn't the first time he had the dream, but he couldn't help but be a little disappointed. He had hoped to see Aniyu again. He was sure that she was his paternal ancestor, a side of of his family he knew next to nothing about. A side of his family that he was immensely curious about.

Was she a contemporary of his grandfather, Master Sage?

Or was she a contemporary of his maternal ancestor, Master Guardian?

Or maybe she was a contemporary with the First Master, Master Avatar?

Or maybe she was even further back?

Or maybe she wasn't real at all, and just a strange mental conetruct he created for whatever reason.

So many questions. Too many.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:42:12 AM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5387 on: February 05, 2016, 09:23:45 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
Trying to Study Here

At a small home, an especially studious woman was studying spell books. She was a sorcerer's apprentice of sorts, though mostly self-taught. Her name was Spellman. Melissa Spellman.

Melissa did not like being interrupted in learning her spells. Unfortunately, she happened to live in a rather noisy part of the suburbs. It got so bad, she started to sing:

"Quiet!
All I want is quiet,
No reason to deny it,
I can't take that riot,
Quiet! QUIET! QUIET!!!
"

She tried to find a quieter spot in her home, but alas, to no avail. She sang:

"Let me clarify it,
The noise, I can't defy it,
I simply will not buy it.
Give me quiet! QUIET! QUIET!!!
"

She fled her house, with her spellbooks in her bag, careful to not allow her more religiously conservative neighbors see the leatherbound books. She would go to the library, there was an isolated corner where she could focus.

But the library was right next to a parade that was in full swig for some reason. It was February. Valentine's Day was not a parade-worthy holiday!

"Not to nullify it,
I just won't stand by it.
It's time now to bye-bye it.
I want quiet! QUIET! QUIET!!!
"

She fled to a forest glade, where she had expected it to be quiet and serene. But the arguing birds seemed to have other ideas, and were relentless in their squawks and chittering.

"QUIET!!!!
I want quiet! QUIET! QUIET!!!
This search I can't deny it
To find some peace and quiet.
I'll search both low and high, it
Must be quiet! QUIET! QUIET!!!
"

As she shouted, a burst of magical light irradiated from her and washed over the world. She collapsed to tbe ground, unconscious.

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5388 on: February 06, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
New chapter.

CHAPTER THREE:
Magic Gone Awry

Melissa hadn't intended to use magic in this way. She hadn't even realized she had cast any spell, much less one this powerful.

She had muted the world. At least, the world as she knew it, from her perspective. No one could utter a sound. Nothing could make a sound, obnoxious or benign. It was almost as if everyone was deaf.

It was probably frightening to those accustomed to being able to hear. To be deprived of a sense that one needs, or feels as if it was needed, it was a scary thing.

It could be seen as positive, though.

No more did people have to listen to the street corner preachers, proselytizing in loud, obnoxious, conceited voices. No longer were their boastful words with vitrolic rhetoric they can not comprehend, though they pretend to, be heard. These people, vainglorious with themselves more than the teachings and scriptures they tout, were finally silenced. Outside social media, anyway.*

Elitist rhetoric against the downtrodden was blissfully not heard. People, like Bern Bridges, could not spread and distribute their vitriolic venom, which was devoid of any substance and bloated with spin and rumor. Outside social media, again.

Rumors, outside social media, that is, either died outright or was on severe life support. This gave a bit of a respite for the victims of it, as the rumors could only spread through nonauditory mediums.

But, with every positive, there are always negatives.

With everything muted, life was harder for emergency workers, as their emergency vehicle sirens could not be heard. This caused mass confusion amongst drivers and pedestrians. It was very unfortunate for them, as this whole muted thing just complicated their lives unnecessarily.

Television and YouTube suffered a bit, as their shows and videos were basically visual only. Which severely limited some of the entertainment value of some shows. Radio shows were completely pointless in this muted environment.

Schooling by teachers was a foregone conclusion, as the techers could not lecture their classes. They had to resort to the Dolores Umbridge style of teaching, which had limited effect as not all students can learn that way easily. Some require practicality in order to learn effectively.

But Melissa remained oblivious to all of this, as she continued to study. She was basically a self-taught sorceress, technically called a "sorcerer's apprentice", though she was not actually apprenticed to anyone. She found her magic almost vestigial for her liking, unaware of her spell of silence.

*Referencing something that happened in my city years and years ago. It still annoys me that they were so religiously intolerant, but freedom of speech and all that.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5389 on: February 06, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »
I don't blame her. I've shouted at several people over the past few days because they were making way too much unnecessary noise. ::)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:36:45 AM by Saffa »

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5390 on: February 06, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »
Meanwhile, gh goes completely insane ;)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5391 on: February 06, 2016, 08:08:19 PM »
Probably.

Yeah, there probably won't be a chapter tonight. My apologies. Just not feeling up to it right now, energy-wise. But I shall work on it tomorrow.

:edit: New chapter.

CHAPTER FOUR:
The Mental Ballad of Cloaky

Cloak had retreated to his usual forested meditation spot. He wanted to answer the questions, the mystery behind Aniyu and possibly his father's side of his family. Was there something unique to his side? Did he truly inherit something . . . special . . . from his side of the family? Like how he inherited the elements from his maternal grandfather, via his mother, who was not an Elements Master like himself?

He had to know. So he meditated, hoping for a vision. And what he got was a song adaptation. Sung by GH's voice.

"There once was a Realm Walker.
His name was Cloaky.
An interdimensional skipper,
The girls found him cute.
He sailed through realities
To find the elusive Aniyu,
Then come back to RAF
With a bounty of loot.
"

Then the voices of Sakki and Saffa chimed in.

"Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Oh, happy Cloaky,
Starting your journey
With hardly a care.
Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Strong, brave Cloaky,
You'll find Aniyu,
You just don't know where.
"

The GH's voice continued as Cloak was deeply unamused.

"He crossed the Atlantic
And spotted a figure,
'It's the Aniyu at last!'
But then someone shouted,
'Hey, this is Giratina!'
Cloaky got cranky
And collapsed Turnback Cave.
"

Saffa and Sakki's joined GH's again.

"Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Settle down, Cloaky!
Put down that glowin' hand!
There's no time to despair!
Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Keep trying, Cloaky.
You'll find Aniyu,
You just don't know where!
"

Then GH's voice went back to a solo again.

"A great storm arose
In the underwater universe and
At last land was sighted.
Cloaky was happy,
'Hey, this is Atlantis!'
"

Then the ladies' voices joined GH's once more.

"Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Cheer up, Cloaky!
Check out your infini-map,
And don't tear out your hair!
Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Keep trying, Cloaky!
You'll find Aniyu,
"

Then GH went solo once more, and Cloak was starting to get annoyed by this lucid dream of a vision.

"It took him five months
But they crossed into a new world.
He spotted a land
That was dotted with palms.
Cloaky proclaimed,
'Yes! There's Aniyu!'
'I think its just napalms.'
"

"Ay-yi-yi-yi.
Oops, Cloaky,
Your fun little quest's
Become a nightmare!
Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Keep trying, Cloaky,
You'll find Aniyu,
"

"He sailed due west
To the warring worlds.
Cloaky was pleased
As the natives drew near.
But then someone shouted
'I think they're attacking!'
Cloaky said,
'. . . What?'
And he nearly got hit by a spear.
"

Then all three sang, in unison.

"Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
You made it with nary a care,
It really not fair.
Whoopie ti-yi-yo.
Oh, Cloaky, Aniyu
Was right over there.
"

"Wait, what?" Cloak said, who made to pursue her, but then the vision decided to end.

"GATEBURST!" Cloak cursed, venting his frustrations auditorily.

Then Cloak realized that something was very off. Something very disconcerting. Aside from his momentary vulgarity, there was no other sound that rent the sky. This should not have been possible, and he clearly wasn't affected, which made the Realm Walker believe whatever caused this to magical in origin. Realm Walkers are like magic Teflon -- magic never sticks to them, if it affect them directly at all.

Still, something would have to be done . . .

But how to call a meeting when there was no guarantee that he would be able to be heard? This magic may have rendered the afflicted deaf as well as mute.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:05:24 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5392 on: February 07, 2016, 01:10:13 AM »
. . . Well, that was surreal.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5393 on: February 07, 2016, 07:15:32 AM »
God damnit, gh.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5394 on: February 07, 2016, 09:55:21 PM »
Oh, it will be slow going.

New chapter.

CHAPTER FIVE:
Talks of Magicks

<How come Cloak, Broken, Faerie, and Richard don't have to use this telepathic link thing?> GH complained, referring to the link that Yarin had telepathically set up, using the Marks as a limiting factor. Those without a Mark could not "hear" the conversation. The Andalites were not terribly unconvinced by this, as they thought-spoke naturally. <How come they can talk just fine?>

"Because whatever caused this muting thing is obviously magical in nature," Cloak said. He had to mollify himself internally a little, reminding himself that the voice in that vision of his was just a mental construct that happened to imitate GH's voice precisely. "My kind are magic-proof."

<Realm Walkers are immune to everything,> Parker thought jadedly.

Indeed, the only way to truly defeat a Realm Walker was to exploit their personality flaws and quirks, and be quite skillful and clever at it. It was not an easy thing to do, admittingly. But Cloak ignored the jibe, as he was not too sure if Parker was aware that that particular thought wasn't private.

"So, the mute spell is magical in nature, which explains why Broken and I aren't affected," Faerie said, with the air of someone wanting to get things back on track. "We have personal magical protections that protect us from such passive, yet invasive magicks."

<Gee, thanks for sharing that protection with us,> Az said, grumpily.

"I'm afraid I didn't hear that, Az," Faerie said, with a very dangerous tone, "would you care to repeat it?"

Az thought nothing. At least, not publicly.

"That's what I thought," she said, finishing with a harsh glower.

"Point is," Broken said, attempting to refocus the conversation at the task at hand, "the source of the spell, and its caster."

"You don't think it was just one caster?" Cloak inquired. "Are you suggesting a coven of witches or something?"

<That's a cheery thought,> Saffa thought dryly.

"Not necessarily, Cloakster*," Broken said, thoughtfully, finger on his chin. "It could be a single spellcaster --"

"Using a powerful magical artifact?" Faerie supplied, clearly not liking the implication. "There aren't many artifacts that I know of with this kind of power. Unless its a book. God help us if its one of those fancy, old magic books."

<Why is that?> Gaz asked.

"Magic books are honestly the most common magical artifact," Faerie said.

"And their magical power are very variable, almost unstable in this variation." Broken said.

<It isn't the first time we came up against a magical book before,> Horse pointed out. <Remember Bibliophaetos?>

"That was . . . different." Broken said. "That book wasn't a magic book per se, it was a spirit prison. An intelligence inhabited the book, able to direct its magicks. True magic books have no such intelligences. If the magicks from these books are unleashed, but undirected, unfocused, or unrestrained . . . it could prove to be catastrophic."

*Reference to the fact that he had once called me this.

(January 7, 2020)

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5395 on: February 07, 2016, 10:33:16 PM »
OH MY GOD, it's a reference to a previous book that I actually got! *Stands up and pumps fist through the ceiling* Oh, ****.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5396 on: February 08, 2016, 05:30:05 PM »
Well, with you catching up on the series, it was bound to happen sometime. ;)

New chapter.

CHAPTER SIX:
Unfocused, But Tenacious

And through it all, Melissa remained oblivious to the silence. As the caster, the spell had no bearing on her speech snd communication. She only noticed how her magical reservoir seemed to drain quicker than normal. But she did not make the connection to the sudden silence thst gripped everyone.

It was one thing to be oblivioue to such matters, it was quite another when you are this focused on yourself. It could be likened to selfishness and conceit.

She was trying to teach herself some Potterian magic, at the moment, having learned some Enix magic (though only Cure, Fire, Blizzard, and Thunder, as the other spells didn't really capture her interest all that much). Potterian magic was practically impossible for a neophyte sorceress to do without a wand or some sort of forcusing instrument. But Melissa did not know this -- there was a lot she didn't know, and she tended to disregard things she didn't consider essential to her magical education.

She was trying to learn the Full-Body Binding Spell, Petrificus totalus, but was getting frustrated with how she didn't seem to be getting it. She was unaware that it was because of the silence spell, the muting spell that she cast that drew her power to maintain. Nor was she aware that the book was amplifying her natural magical abilities, though it was still in a wild and unfocused manner, hence why she couldn't get the spell to do what she wanted it to do. It didn't help that her target, her black cat named Nikki, was (understandably) less than cooperative.

She tried again several more times, before deciding to try another spell, her frustration getting to her. She decided on the Stunning Spell, Stupefy. And to compound her frustrations, Nikki would have none of this anymore, unable to meow in protest. She quickly streaked away and hid under and cedar armoire.

"Oh, come now, Nikki," Melissa chided, "don't be that way."

Nikki would have yowled a protest if she could.

"Good idea, Nik," Melissa said, with a sardonic smile, "perhaps I should learn that Summoning Charm. Now what was the incantation again?"

Nikki pressed her back against the wall. The black cat wished Melissa never started learning magicks, granted that allowed Nikki herself greater intelligence than other cats, as that was one of the first magicks Melissa learned, which was not a very well looked upon spell in societal convention of magic-users, for some reason. Nikki was intelligent, sure, but she could not speak the human language, though she apparently could understand it.

"Ah." Melissa said. "Accio Nikki!"

Nothing happened.

"Accio Nikki!"

Nothing.

"Accio Nikki."

Bupkiss. Melissa was starting to get annoyed.

"Accio cat."

Nada. Now Nikki was annoyed by not being referred to by name. She let her displeasure known by swiping her paw from beneath the armoire with horn-shaped legs. Unfortunately, this had the effect of being cute rather than intimidating.

"Accio!"

Zip.

"Accio, dammit!"

Now, Nikki was amused.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #5397 on: February 08, 2016, 11:57:21 PM »
Oh look, another amusing sidekick. ;)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5398 on: February 09, 2016, 08:31:16 AM »
Yep. And another spur-of-the-moment one. . . . Wait, they all may have been . . . hmmmm . . .

New chapter. Sorry about the brevity.

CHAPTER SEVEN:
That Was Random

The magicks that Melissa was using was starting to destabilize in some rather strange, and unique ways. One could marvel at how powerful Melissa seemed, but she unwittingly was using her magic books to amplify her magical ability. It was had the potential for becoming very dangerous, as she would not, and does not, know how control this magical force, the power.

An imaginative girl, muted as everyone else, was shrunken down to the size of a Barbie doll. Naturally, she didn't like this, especially as it reversed itself at random intervals, and reinstated itself at random as well.

A snarky, but still mute, boy was inexplicably transformed into a mute donkey.

A candelabra, a carriage clock, a teapot, a teacup, a feather duster, and a wardrobe gained monstrous life, which eventually left them, only to return at unexpected moments.

A vain, but muted, woman was turned into a horrid-looking hag.

A troop of monkeys turned into horses, camels, sports cars, and other things. But this particular spell had no sticking to it, as they revert and change bacm at inexplicable times.

A lifeless puppet was given temporary life, which was taken away in spurts, before becoming lifeless once more.

A very angry man was turned temporary into a beast, one that appeared to be a mixure of a wolf, a bear, and a lion with bison horns. He switches back after six hours, and then, presumably, back again after six hours.

A cantankerous, contentious couple were suddenly transformed into frogs. It wore off about every three hours, before reoccuring the next three hours.

A narcoleptic woman was enchanted into a deep sleep, unable to be waken, even by true love's kiss. It as if she took a Draught of Living Death, and a powerfully brewed on as well.

Another imaginative girl was grown to gigantic proportions, and she didn't like this much, as it was too easy for her to cause damage -- especially because she was a self-admittingly klutzy. It didn't help that she shrank back and grew again at random.

And more and more happened. None of the magicks were pleasant for the people afflicted by it, as the transformations were not like Disney transformations. They were painful, as this magicks was unfocused and unrestrained, amplified by the leather-bound books.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 11:23:13 AM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #5399 on: February 09, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
New chapter. Sorry about the brevity.

CHAPTER EIGHT:
Broken Fixes, Faerie Forensics

Naturally, the RAFians were dispatched, but only Broken and Faerie were currently capable to deal with it, being the only magically-inclined RAFians currently on active-duty roster. They went to investigate, alone.

Broken was able to clear up the mess in a thrice, but more happened.

"Is this what I think it is?" Faerie asked.

"The magic destablizing into a chaotic mess?" Broken inquired.

"Yep," the faerie sighed. "This magic . . . it's amateurish. Careless. Sloppy. Reckless."

"It has no control, no restraint." Broken noted. "No direction."

"And on top of the muting spell, as well." Farrie added. "Who could have possibly be the spellbinder behind this magic."

"My guess? A neophyte," Broken suggested.

But Faerie was resistant to this. "A neophyte? Someone new to magic? I dunno about that, Broken."

"You said it yourself, Faerie," Broken said, simply, "the magic was amateurish, sloppy, and careless. A neophyte is usually all of those things or at least one."

"A neophyte cannot be this powerful," she said, dismissive of the very idea.

"Perhaps not," Broken said, amiably. "But perhaps -- just hear me out on this, Faerie -- maybe, just maybe, whoever is behind this, has found an antiquity that functions as a magical repository of sorts."

"It gonna be a book, isn't it?"

"Probably."

"Ugh. I know that it's not the same thing, but magic books always remind me of that creepy Bibliophaetos." Faerie said, wanely. "Books should not have faces."

(January 7, 2020)