Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 588293 times)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #4035 on: February 25, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
Yes.

You'd probably find a similarity in the characters of Mirage and Chaos within the "Memoirs" characterization of Malice. I swear that must have been an unconscious thing.

New chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
Into the Fire

"A smelting plant. Why are all these kids of Garrotik at plants of some sort?" Shock groused. This was fairly normal when elder dragons like him got bored, apparently.

"Just lucky, I guess," Demos said, with unneeded brightness.

"And how did Garrotik have kids in the first place? Without a chick to --"

"Hey!" Demos protested.

"What? All I said --"

"Will you two PAY ATTENTION? Look over there. Something is moving . . ." Phoenix said, deadly serious. ". . . Moving over there."

There was a slight shuffling to at eleven o'clock and Phoenix's eyes were locked onto that movement. Apparently, it was part of his phoenix hybrid physiology, this visual acuity. Or he could have just been plain lucky.

"Wait -- that can't be this fire man or fire lady thing," Shock said, scrutinizing the movement. "They can't be that . . . oh, man. It's the hostages. It's the hostages, isn't it?"

"They have glowing red eyes," Phoenix said, just noticing.

"What's wrong with glowing eyes?" Demos demanded, and was promptly ignored.

"They are being controlled," Shock said.

"Took you long enough," came a haughty, impatient voice. "My flames would have been reduced smouldering embers if you took any longer."

"Hey!" Demos protested again.

It was Regipyros, Lady of Fire, obviously. The three RAFians locked eyes with her, and her appearance was not any different from what it was when she was awakened. Her mannerisms seemed slow at first, but escalated with surprising swiftness. Rather like how easily a mere controlled fire can erupt into a raging inferno with rather little effort or reaction time.

"Yes," the Lady of Fire said, sounding rather bored yet casual. "Yes, you are witnessing the elegance and grandiosity of Frellame. Frellame, the Hellish Fire of Mind Control."

"A little wordy," Phoenix critiqued.

"You actually needed to call it 'hellish'?" Demos criticized. "That isn't very creative."

"Nor is actually putting the word 'lame' in it," Shock observed, uncharacteristicall y passive, "the 'lame' jokes are all too plentiful and too easy to use."

Suddenly, flames shot up from Regipyros Confined with almost alarming rapidity. The RAFians were far too used to, too accustomed to this kind of thing to really be intimidated. If anything, they seemed only mildly concerned.

"Foolish mortals! You DARE to make light of my brillant creation?! You have the AUDACITY to mock me?! You have the UNMITIGATED GALL to belittle my great works?!" she roared in tremendous fury.

"Yeah," Phoenix said, unimpressed.

"Naturally," Shock agreed, smirking, as if he were mugging for a camera.

"Hmmm?" Demos said, as if he didn't hear the tirade, being far more interested in his silk suit.

"DIE!!!" she screamed, as she enveloped herself in a funnel of fire. Then she projected it at them, expecting their bodies to twist and burn, to crumple and blacken. She expected them to die.painfully.

But none of that happened. Demos and Phoenix simply redirected it back at her, and Shock, as a dragon, possessed fire-resistant scales. The daughter of Garrotik actually looked surprised by this. So surprised, her anger ebbed, like a fire extinguishing itself when it has nothing left to burn.

"I suppose," Phoenix said, "that it's our turn now?"

Shock blew fire from his mouth in the rather iconic dragon way, while the other two simply appeared to be firebending. The combined strength was enough to destroy Regipyros.

"Well," Demos said, dusting his  hands, "that was fun. Are we going now?"

"That was too easy," Phoenix said, knowingly.

Shock groaned,."Why did you have go and say that?"
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:46:35 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4036 on: February 25, 2015, 10:33:05 PM »
She reminds me of Azula now. :P

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #4037 on: February 25, 2015, 10:56:09 PM »
Still following this! :D

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4038 on: February 26, 2015, 06:51:37 PM »
Excellent, Gazzy.

Well, I actually based it more on what I perceive to be the behavior of fire, Saffa. Bryan and Mike could have done the same with Azula.

Anyway, I've been planning out Book CDVII ("Tempting the Parasite"), which will exceed twenty chapters at this time of writing. A fair few future books actually will as well. Book CDVII will be similar to "The First Master" in that there will be little to no RAFians in it (well, as of now). I won't say more here,because that would give a great deal away.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY:
Fire Unbound

FFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOO OOM!

A wall of fire came up, rather like first summoning Mushu in Kingdom Hearts. Then the fire itself defined its form as a Jafar-like laugh rent the air. Regipyros Unbound was like a Pyronite mixed with the Human Torch (though completely tethered to the ground and incapable of flight). Her entire body was wrapped tightly, was wreathed in flames, and she had talon-like claws on her human-like hands and her feet were far more like a Hork-Bajir's then a human's. She was only slightly taller than her Confined form.

"That's better," she said, her voice fluctuating due to the dancing flames that cocooned her so. Her voice actually had an Azula-esque lilt to it. "My flames are no longer contained! No longer restrained! I should really thank you."

Then she glared at the three.

"But I much rather kill you," she decided.

"Oh, what fun!" Demos declared.

"Shut up, Demos," Phoenix and Shock said, in unison.

"Burn, burn, burn -- burn to the ground!!" she declared.

"Oh . . . my . . . god. . . ." Shock moaned, after Regipyros repeated that for the thirteenth time. Word for word. "Guys . . . time to get serious. Stop pulling your punches."

"Awwwww," Demos said, sardonically, "you're no fun, Shock!"

"This isn't about fun, Demos!" Phoenix sighed.

From there, the fight got really vicious. It was difficult to see who was doing what with the flames and heat distorting any bystander vision. The hostages were, fortunately, at a safe distance.

Regipyros Unbound backed off, as she realized that she couldn't overpower these three with sheer force or wear them down with the heat from the flames. She wasn't the best strategist in the world, nor the bravest.

Her powerful pyrokinesis could not cause pain to these three creatures. She could not intimdate them. She was a brute of questionable sanity. She was also cowardly.

She willed the hostages to come over to her, to.protect her from any counterattack, but Phoenix saw through this tactic immediately and quickly closed the distance, closed the gap between them. He wished he still had his Sun Blade, as he ****ed back his arm and delivered a punch with all his physical strength. Demos was right behind, and Shock's claws bit into Regipyros Unbound's flesh and rended it.

The hostages blinked as Frellame dissipated into nothingness once more.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4039 on: February 26, 2015, 10:23:37 PM »
Well, you did put the word "lame" in it. :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4040 on: February 27, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »
Actually, Frellame (as well as Oceater and the Fractured Realms -- Terraseismo and the like) were all a part of a book series that I was working on during the end of high school. One that I abandoned when my mother enslaved me and then kicked me out. (Yes, the woman needs serious help -- which her narcissistic pride will never allow her to get, sad to say.)

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE:
Strings of Sand

"A cave," Parker said, as he, Ash, and Guy entered a cave whose opening was rather like the maw of the Leviathon where Ursula from "The Little Mermaid" dwelled. "A cave. That's a little on-the-nose, don't you think?"

"Yeah, who would want to come in here? Clearly, this earth elemental kid of Garrotik has hostages, but . . . who? Who would want to come to this drab, dank place like this? It's not like it's a prized, priceless vacation spot." Ash agreed.

"Who?" Guy echoed, thoughtfully. "Hard-core spelunkers, for one. Maybe a school-funded day trip, for kids studying a unit of geology or something. Maybe a couple of homeless people seeking out shelter -- affordable housing is a problem in the city and the accompanying suburbs."

"Point taken," Ash conceded.

"The deeper we go, the more I feel we're walking into a trap," Parker commented tersely as the proceeded further into the cave. Night vision was required now, and Guy and Parker used technological means to accomplish this, while Ash simply shapeshifted an adaptation to the dark. "I've learned to trust my gut. . . ."

"As you should," Guy said. "Especially considering all we have went through in our long tenure as RAFians."

Ash said nothing, as she gaped in horror. "Oh . . . my . . . God. . . ."

"What?" the two guys said, in unison.

"Take a look . . . nine o'clock." Ash said, unable to hide the aghast tone from her voice, as if she had wished that she hadn't seen what she did.

And, to be fair, it was grisly. Six or eight human beings were suspended from the ceiling by strings, tendrils of sand. One string was affixed to their heads, the bases of their necks, their upper and lower backs, their thighs, their lower legs, their lower arms, and their hands. They were like perverse marionettes, their eyes blank, unmoving, and and unfocused. They weren't suspended that high from the ground, as if someone was just waiting to put on a despicable puppet show.

"That's . . ." Guy began, unable to articulate how horrible, how utterly grotesque, this visage was. But someone came along to fill in his sentence.

"Lovely, right?" said an earthy, gravelly voice. "That's what you going to say, right? That my Sand Strings are lovely? They were meticulously hand-crafted, you know. The minds of these creatures are so easily manipulated, and controlled. I probably could puppet them, but I like them hanging there much better. Don't you?"

The darkness (and Parker's helmet) obscured the RAFians' looks of utter revoltion and massive disgust. Although Regiterras Confined did not care, if he did, indeed, know.

"Ah, I see." Regiterras said, conversationally. "The sheer loveliness of the Sand Strings have you speechless. I knew you'd enjoy them!"

It was Parker that spoke first. "You need to die. You need to die now."

"Oh?" Regiterras Confined said, unconcernedly.

Parker charged his dual fusion cannons, a la Samus Aran, while Guy fiddled with his Batman-esque utility belt and Ash was trying to select the most appropriate offensive form. But a single blast from Parker's dual cannons was sufficient enough to break Regiterras Confined.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4041 on: February 27, 2015, 10:08:36 PM »
Wait, what's the difference between Regilithos and Regiterras?

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4042 on: February 28, 2015, 07:59:15 PM »
Not much in their Confined Forms, but they are much different in their Unbound states. As different as Gaara and Toph.

I based the children of Garrotik on Pokemon types, except the Normal-type, of course. And there is the Ground-type (Regiterras) and the Rock-type (Regilithos). If I mixed up the names in Regilithos chapters, then that is a CFRSU ("CloakedFigure Royally Screws-Up").

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
Earth Unbound

Parker blew on his fusion cannon, trying to look all badass. Guy was still rummaging through his utility belt, which apparently had "magic satchel" properties, and Ash hesitated, having not yet chose a form she considered appropriate enough to battle such an enemy.

Then a crazed, Jafar-like laughter rent the new silence that occurred for three seconds. No one was surprised.

Regiterras had hard, brown, armored skin and his head was similar to a Greek Corinthian helmet, no visible mouths, with two armadillo-like ears on it. His arms contained jackhammer-like parts, which were also present on his hands and other places. He had a thick, muscular tail like a Talpaedan, four bony, human-like fingers and three mole-like toes ending in blunt claws. He possessed rather large, noticeable shoulder pads and two spikes jutted upwards from his chest with a another corresponding set on his helmet head. His legs were also a tad bulkier than a Talpaedan, and he had knuckledusters on his hands with brown claws on it and two nozzles between the blades.

"Cute," Ash said, caustically sarcastically.

"Don't mock me like that, mortal," Regiterras said, seriously.

"How should we mock you, then?" Parker replied, acidly flippant.

"Simple," Regiterras countered, "die."

"I rather not," Ash said, doing a backflip to avoid the sand tendril whip that Regiterras used from the two nozzles on his left hand's knuckleduster. As she backflipped, she shapeshifted into a cantankerous rancor, and slashed the tendril with her claws.

It cut through the tendril, but it regenerated just as fast as Demos could. Taken off guard, Ash was downed by another crack of the sand tendril whip, reverting her back to her base form, but she retained consciousness. She deftly shapeshifted into a Slamworm, and attempted to burrow into the ground, while Parker broke out his SPARTAN energy blade. It sliced the sand like a white-hot knife through butter.

And, all the while, Guy was still rifling through his belt.

Regiterras Unbound compacted the ground enough that Ash couldn't burrow through it, and she struck her head on the hardened ground with sufficient force to knock her loopy. She reverted to her base form.

"Guy!" Parker shouted tersely, wielding his energy sword rather like a slow, armored Jedi. "We would not be opposed to a little help!!"

"I'm working it!! I'm working on it!!" Guy said, his frenzied search becoming more desperate.

"Guy!" Parker said, very close to scolding tones, "I'm good now, but I will tire evetually! Will you stop searching that accursed fanny pack?!"

"I put something in here that -- ah!" Guy said, pulling out a round tin.

"BREATH MINTS?!" Parker roared with furious indignation. "YOU ARE WASTING TIME FOR A TIN OF GODFORSAKEN BREATH MINTS?!?!?!"

"Don't be fooled by mere appearances," Guy said, ripping the tin lid off and throwing the contents at Regiterras Unbound. Nothing happened at first, then there were rapid blue-colored explosions all over Regiterras body, freezing him solid. Guy explained, "Flash freeze bomb prototypes. I was working on the theory behind it when Goom and Yarin made these prototypes for me."

Parker struck Regiterras shattering him, and then he used his his fusion cannon to destroy the shard remnants. He addressed Guy, "Consider them field-tested."

"And a success," Ash said, still looking woozy.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4043 on: March 01, 2015, 01:44:24 AM »
I see that Jafar is the best ever reference for evil laughs. :P

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4044 on: March 01, 2015, 09:13:44 PM »
Eh, I just wanted to give some commonality, some common trait that linked them together as siblings. Besides -- no one does a crazed laugh better than Jonathan Freeman. Except maybe Mark Hamill's Joker.

But it's this laugh that think of when I describe those laughs.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE:
Aerial Assault

"An airport." Faerie said, as she, Gaz (in bat form), and Laserbeak flew just out the aircraft airspace. "An airport. They're really not hiding the powers of our opponent too much, aren't they?"

Gaz replied, in a squeaky, chiropteran voice, "The name 'Regiatmos' is very telling, too."

"I didn't know you could talk as a bat," Faerie observed.

"Oh, I can? I don't know what happened, then. I'm pretty sure I couldn't before . . ." Gaz said, almost distractedly, after Laserbeak made an insistent squawk. Faerie saw what the other two did.

"I did think it was odd that no planes were taking off," Faerie said, then she looked up, inspecting and scrutinizing the sky, as if she expected to see something. "No incoming flights either."

"An airport that's a ghost town? That sounds rather contradictory," Gaz pointed out.

Laserbeak squawked in a disconsolate, irritated way. As if he was saying, "Will you two shut up and see what I see?!"

"We see it, Beaky!" Gaz said, with her squeaky, chiropteran voice. "We see it! Don't get your casing in a bunch."

What they were seeing was people congregated upon the tarmac, with the pilotless planes, which looked rather forlorn without someone to pilot them. These people had blank, vacant eyes with discolored sclera. They appeared to not have a thought in their heads, and stood upon the tarmac bowing to an invisible (and nonexistent) wind. It was genuinely creepy, in a very creepypasta sort of way.

"Okay, so enough of this introductionary cutscene," Faerie said, caustically sarcastic, "where's the big bad we're supposed to whale on?"

"You poor, simple fools. Thinking you could defeat me. Me! The Lord of Air, the maeter of the skies!" came an airy, wispy, almost insubstantial voice. "My Breath Mist has taken hold of the creatures that scrimp and scurry upon the ground, bound to it, tethered to the rocks they hold dear. Yet you three insult me by being so foolish --"

"Lord of Air -- why am I surprised that he is so dang long-winded?" Faerie interrupted with a flat tone.

"You dare to mock -- dah!!" Regiatmos began, but Gaz discovered that she could use her chiropteran echolocation offensively, though just not to the effectiveness and power of Sakki. Sakki's sonics thoroughly eclipsed Gaz's, it was like comparing the Boomburst attack with the Supersonic attack, one is more accurate, more reliable, and more powerful. It didn't hurt Regiatmos, just proved to be really irritating.

It was sufficient enough to get Regiatmos Confined to start swiping at Gaz, who nimbly dodged. Faerie was desperate for something to do, but she didn't have her battleaxe or Gale Blade (which she still missed a great deal). And Gaz ran into problems when Regiatmos began to aerokinetically swipe.at Gaz, and the bat-ified vampire had trouble with them, being repeatedly buffeted by the currents.

Laserbeak thought that this just would not do, so he charged forward, rather Latios-like. He was alarmed to discover that he passed through Regiatmos as though he was mere vapor. Gaz and Faerie didn't look particularly surprised.

The two RAFgirls looked at each other, exchanging silent communication. Gaz translated back into human vampire form -- midair -- and into one of the smaller plane. Then she entered it as a vapor, and began to turn it on.

It was Faerie's cue.

She used magic make her touch supertangible -- a difficult technique to perform in and of itself. She grasped Regiatmos, which was difficult even with this magic, like trying to grasp a mass of slippery, slimy eels. But the grip was sufficient enough to enable the faerie to throw Regiatmos into the plane's engine turbine.

After about forty-five seconds, the engine powered down, and Gaz exited the plane. It appeared that Regiatmos was sliced to bits . . .
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 09:32:08 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4045 on: March 02, 2015, 12:59:22 AM »
This book is almost like a Megamorphs-type special for Memoirs. :D

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4046 on: March 02, 2015, 12:35:40 PM »
Oh? Is it because of the length? Because a fair few future books will exceed twenty chapters. As well as get rather more complicated than I originally planned when I came up with the premise . . . but we'll get to that when we get to it.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:
Air Unbound

The three just hovered in the air, waiting. They couldn't heel but feel as if they were buzzards eyeing a carcass. They knew that it wasn't over, as the Breath Mist still held its powerful sway over the hostages. The fact that all the planes were grounded and none were coming in, it just made the place all the more creepier. Gaz wondered idly about just how Regiatmos pulled that off -- possibly because of the high winds? There had to be a reason behind it all, and there had to be some disgruntled passengers on the other end.

Then the laugh rent the air, the laugh like Jafar first escaping his lamp in "The Return of Jafar".

"Took his sweet time," Faerie said, rather annoyed.

Regiatmos Unbound's body was shaped rather like a overlarge clarinet, only without the holes or keys, and a spherical head where the bell of the woodwind would be. The other end was tapered and the entire beast was a pale gold, while his wings were a deeper gold. He possessed many wings, wings of every type of physiology imagineable -- avian, chiropteran, insectoid, draconic, pterosaurian, etc. On its round head it possessed beady, avian eyes that were colored a bright, lustrous silver, almost as a direct contrast to the rest of its body. It possessed a serrated beak a quarter of its own length which had grooves on it that made it look rather like a drill bit when the beak was shut. He possessed no legs of any sort -- vestigial or functional -- on his thick, flexible, unyielding hide.

"Oh, great," Faerie said, snarkily, "a five-year-old's fanart of Falkor."

"You DARE to mock my Unbound form?!" Regiatmos roared.

"You don't know Faerie," Gaz said, almost conversationally. "Mocking is what she does."

"It's sort of my schtick," Faerie agreed.

"I have a question," Regiatmos said, which took the two by surprise (Laserbeak was wondering what was with all the talky-talk).

"What?" the two RAFgirl asked in unison. This wasn't the reaction they had anticipated.

"Die!" Regiatmos roared, charging them in an irresistibly reminiscent way of a Kindom Hearts final boss, final form.

"That's not really a quest--" Gaz squeaked in her batty voice, before being buffeted by the inordinately large slipstream around the beast. But she discovered that Regiatmos, somehow, was more substantial in his Unbound form than his Confined form.

And she was rather disgruntled to see that Laserbeak and Faerie did not seem to have been buffeted at all. But they, of course, have more flying experience than she did. She soon realized that she could ride the slipstream in a way that was advantageous to her, something that Faerie assumed was obvious.

"Okay, anyone have any bright idea on how to slay this thing?" Faerie asked, earnestly.

Laserbeak squawked.

"'Hitting him really hard' is not a viable stratagem, Beaky!" Gaz chided. "You are such a boy."

Laserbeak squawked again.

"Oh, okay. You're such a robot parrot boy," Gaz amended, and rolled her eyes -- and bats can't do that. Well, they can't speak either, but that's beside the point.

"Guys, how is this solving the dragon-bird-too-many-winged-thingy-charging-us-down-like-a-freight-train problem?" Faerie asked tersely.

Gaz considered -- and what she was considering was just plain loco. And Faerie didn't hesitate to tell her this when Gaz informed her of her idea.

"You got something better?"

Faerie said nothing.

"Thought not," Gaz squeaked. "Let's get this underway. Hold him as still as you can."

"Oh, yeah," Faerie muttered, voice saturated with sarcasm, "and what will I do with the rest of the afternoon? 'Coz this'll be that easy."

Faerie used what appeared to be a combination of Stopza and Imperimenta -- apparently, she didn't share Broken's qualm about mixing magicks. Either that, or it just looked like a combination of those two spells, and was a different type of immobilization magic entirely.  Either way, it wasn't really important to the matter at hand.

Gaz quickly landed on Regiatmos Unbound's back and shifted back into her vampiric human form, with Laserbeak right behind her. She ran as Laserbeak transformed into his alternate blaster mode, which Gaz caught midstride. Then she ran up to Regiatmos Unbound's head.

"I don't mean to rush you, Gaz," Faerie said, strain in her voice, "but HURRY UP!!"

Gaz ran until she reached Regiatmos Unbound's head. Then she pressed Laserbeak's barrel right at the base of his skull. Laserbeak's fire was about only as powerful as one of Parker's fusion cannons. So it would take her two shots, where Parker would only need one. She pressed Laserbeak's barrel even closer to Regiatmos's skull.

"SOME TIME TODAY WOULD BE GOOD!" Faerie shouted.

Gaz fired.

She immediately when to her bat mode and Laserbeak transformed back into his parrot mode. All three watched with as Regiatmos decended to the ground, evaporating in to energy, but in a rather cruder way than a Realm Walker.

They watched as all the hostages give a sudden exhalation and return to their senses.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4047 on: March 02, 2015, 04:21:32 PM »
Yeah, pretty much because of the length.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #4048 on: March 03, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »
Ah.

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE:
In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle . . .

"I can't believe that we were shortlisted to go to this godforsaken jung-- Underseen, what are you doing?" Wild was saying. Wild was in his human form, looking rather worn.

"But . . . but I'm the bait!" Underseen said, unable to contain his childlike giggle (and he could make sound like a genuine child's giggle, due to being a shapeshifter). He had taken the form of a huge angus hamburger that looked very real and tempting.

"Stop that, it's not funny." the wereferret grumbled.

"It's a little funny," Empress Goose said. His voice was eerily similar to that of Wuya, from "Xiaolin Showdown", only masculine*. "Oh, come on, Wild. If you were any moodier, you'd be Cloak!"

Wild scowled, but said nothing.

"Oh, don't be that way!" Empress Goose chided. "C'mon, now --"

"Hey, look over there." Underseen said, having abandoned his hamburger form.

The two looked over in the direction he indicated, and saw what appeared to be a primitive village. They proceeded a little further, and they saw the village was abandoned. Or, rather, it looked abandoned.

Wild willed himself into his wereferret form, if only to use the enhanced senses in that form. "It's not abandoned. The smell of human is all over the place, and fresh."

"Then . . . then where --"

Then, as if to answer Underseen's uncompleted question, people filed out of the houses. It looked like, at most, twenty-something people. They were all in rather primitive-looking clothing, which was odd enough, considering how modernized the homes looked, although nothing really opulent. The people's eyes were blank, glazed over. As if they were Ken and Barbie dolls.

Wild noticed them first. The pulsating pustules on their necks, which pointed out to the other two, were a lustrous olive green. Empress Goose swept over closer to see what the pustules were -- and he immediately wished that he hadn't.

They were ticks. Big ticks. Big ticks that, somehow, were controlling the people like zombies. Like zombie puppets. Like . . . like the Heinlins.

Empress Goose and Underseen visibly recoiled at it, while Wild gave the neck ticks a disgusted bestial huff. The three RAFians remembered the hullabaloo with the Heinlins months ago.

"Alright. Alright! You had your fun, now stop milking the suspense." Wild called out.

"Who are you talking to?" Underseen asked.

"Who d'you think? The person that is holding these people hostage, just like his siblings." Wild said, rather testily. "Well?! Show yourself!"

"I'm standing right in front of you," Regientomos Confined said, calmly conversational. "You clearly don't understand the beauty, the necessity, of my swarms. My Compulsion Ticks have freed those people of their pesky affliction."

"Oh, realy?" Empress Goose said scornfully.

"Oh, yes," Regientomos Confined spoke as if it should have been obvious. "They had a nasty affliction. The affliction of free will. It's such a pity, really. Swarms understand how it is supposed to be. Everything -- mind, body, and soul -- should go for the betterment of the swarm, the colony, itself. It's such an intricate, yet simple concept."

"No, it isn't," Wild snarled, approaching Regientomos in a slow, deliberate way. "It is blunt, shortsighted concept. It is a concept that controlling people use as an excuse to manipulate the gullible and the stupid. It is a very poor thought out concept with all the intricacies of the simplest child's drawing."

"How dare you?" Regientomos growled. "How DARE you?! How DARE you marginalize and deride the intricate lattice of a swarm mentality? Of the perfect swarm?"

"Oh, just shut up and fight," Empress Goose said, tired of all the heavy dialogue.

From there the battle went relatively swiftly. It eventually ended with Underseen pulling a technique from Rock Kirby. He crushed Regientomos Confined under the rocky body that he currently adopted.

*Empress Goose's species from the list states that he's a body jumper. I have a way to work with that, and I hope he isn't offended (especially since I usually tap dance around it when he appeared previously).

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4049 on: March 03, 2015, 10:36:56 PM »
So whose body is he using now?