Author Topic: Memoirs of a RAFian  (Read 588214 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: Memoirs of a RAFian
« Reply #3915 on: December 16, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »
Haha, Parker and Guitarhero were fantastic.

Of course I am ;)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
  • 188 of 1,657 "Memoirs" books completed
« Reply #3916 on: December 16, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
But will you win?  >:D

Or will I pull a Sopranos finale? ;)

:edit: Didn't mean to offend.

Or give too much away.

Now, in light of Gazzy's loss . . .

New chapter.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
Fourteenth Performer

"Apparently Phoenix doesn't know whether he's coming or going," Abby said. "But, now, it's Kelly's turn to shine."

Kelly stood, demurred and refined, within the light of a single spotlight. Nothing more, nothing less. She looked at Gazzy:

"You get blue like everyone
But me, Blaze, Cloak, and Horse,
And everyone else can make your troubles go away
Blow away, there they go . . .
Cheer up, Gazzy.
Give us a smile.
What happened to the smile we used to know?
Don't you know your grin has always
Been our bit of sunshine;
Let that sunshine show . . .
Come on, Gazzy.
No need to frown.
Deep down, you know, tomorrow is your toy . . .
When the days get heavy,
Never pitter patter.
Up and at'em girl.
Some day, sweet as a song,
Gazzy's lucky day will come along.
'Til that day
You've got to stay strong, Gazzy.
Up on top is right where you belong,
Look up, Gazzy.
You'll see a star.
Just follow it and keep your dreams in view.
Pretty soon the sky is going to clear up.
Gazzy,
Cheer up, Gazzy, do
Cheer up, Gazzy.
We're glad you're you.
"

It was then that Kelly's intent was crystal clear. She had no intention of winning or anything competitively. She had noticed Gaz was a bit down, so she decided to cheer her up a bit.

Cloak thought this was an admirable action, though he did not know if Kelly's attempt to cheer Gaz up a little was successful. Especially because Gaz didn't look all that down during her performance.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 03:26:12 PM by CloakedFigure »

Book 189: "Shenecron's Pets"
Chapter 4: "First Attempt"
(January 7, 2020)

RAFians Referenced Specifically: Demos.

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3917 on: December 16, 2014, 03:49:10 PM »
Now the penultimate chapter of this book!

New chapter.

CHAPTER NINETEEN:
Fifteenth Performer

"Very good, Kelly," Abby said, earnestly. "Now the final contender -- and you all probably saw this coming -- is none other than Visser 3. Or Esplin. Whichever it is."

The adult male Andalite appeared on the stage, looking imposing and impressive. Drums started playing, but the music didn't truly start until Esplin snapped his tail with a cracking sound.

<Let's get down to business
To defeat the Banned.
You're the saddest bunch
I ever met!
But you can BET
Before we're through --
Missy, I'll make a RAFian . . .
Out of you!
Tranquil as a forest.
But on fire within.
Once you find your center
you are sure to win!
You're a spineless, pale
pathetic lot,
And you haven't got a clue.
Somehow I'll make a RAFian
out of you!
Be a RAFian.
We must be swift as the coursing river.
Be a RAFian.
With all the force of a great typhoon.
Be a RAFian.
With all the strength of a raging fire.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Time is racing toward us 'til the Banned arrive
And we will survive.
I knew i'd make a RAFian out of you!
Be a RAFian.
We must be swift as the coursing river.
Be a RAFian.
With all the force of a great typhoon.
Be a RAFian.
With all the strength of a raging fire.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon!
>

Then the lights on the stage suddenly went out. But this wasn't anything malicious -- it was just part of the performance. It was an unsurprising song choice for Esplin.

"Alrighty then, everyone!" Abby said, clasping her hands together dramatically. "Those were all the performers and their performances! In a minute, we shall know who the winners are!"

"What about the runnersup?" Cloak asked.

"Oh, no one cares about them," Abby teased.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3918 on: December 16, 2014, 11:18:39 PM »
Oooh, results time!

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3919 on: December 17, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »
Results? Whoever said anything about results? ;)

Now the last chapter of this book!

CHAPTER TWENTY:
Results . . . Maybe

"Now," Abby intoned, overdramatically serious. It was almost too much. "Time to reveal who is . . . the first . . ."

"OUT WITH IT ALREADY!!" Saffa shouted, rather clearly.

"Oh, dear," Abby said, with feigned forgetfulness, "I have forgotten where I was. I must begin from the beginning."

"You can't be serious." Saffa's voice carried without effort.

"Now, where were we?" Abby said. She was clearly milking this, but even Ryan Seacrest wouldn't play the audience this long. "Oh, yes. Welcome to the first ever RAFian Idol! Tonight --"

"IT'S NOT FUNNY, ABBY!!" Sakki roared.

"It's kinda funny," Abby insisted undeterred.

Cloak's right ear twitched ever so slightly. He thought he had heard something completely unrelated to the events before them. It was like the howl of a large dog, or barghest of some sort. Cloak mentally dismissed the sound as it could be a stray from the borders of RAF.

"It's really not," Aquilai replied.

"We really would like to know the results now," Gaz said.

"Oh, I really hope I won," Guitarhero said, his guitar hanging over his back as if it was a claymore or a battleaxe.

"First Light, Abby!" Cloak said, exasperated. "First Light" basically was Realm Walker for "god". "Just read the blasted winner! People are going to get bedsores and they're not even in bed!"

"Arooooooooooo . . ."

Demos gulped quietly, barely noticeable. But Cloak noticed this brief movement.

"Alright, alright," Abby said.

"Awrrrroooooooooo . . ."

"Oh, no." Demos muttered. "He wouldn't . . ."

"Demos --" Cloak began.

"The winner is --" Abby said, unaware of this exchange.

"AWWWWRRRRROOOOOOO!!"

"The winner is G-- AHHH!"

Suddenly, a hellhound burst into the room, thinking that there were toys in here. He began to make all sorts of commotion, that all thoughts of the winner were briefly lost.

Okay, okay. I know that was mean of me, not giving you a direct answer. But it'll be reveal sometime in . . . a future book.

*sees his karma going down.*

Now cut that out!

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3920 on: December 17, 2014, 10:43:20 PM »
I literally threw my hands up at the climax. :XD:

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3921 on: December 18, 2014, 03:40:25 PM »
Couldn't resist. I'll try to get a chapter up later. Tired.

But here are some new book ideas to tide you over.

• Book DXXXIV: "Phantom Reflection" -- The RAFians face phantodecapods, who are able to disguise themselves and . . . more.
  • Book DXXXV: "Reborn the Monster!" -- Mojo, from Mojoverse, accidentally resurrects an old forgotten foe from five, six years ago.

Tell me you're reactions, please.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3922 on: December 18, 2014, 11:18:44 PM »
Well, they're not revealing much. ;)

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3923 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »
As they are suppose to. ;)

Anyway, sorry for the lack of chapters, I kinda squandered the time I had voting in the RAFAwards and such.

:edit: I found time.

New book, new chapter.

BOOK LXXX:
SAVAGE HEART

CHAPTER ONE:
A Sweeping Success

After the whole hellhound debacle was solved, they announced the RAFian Idol winner was a tie. Both Gaz and Guitarhero won, and there was a particularly loud dissent from some of the newer RAFians who happened to be more mouth than brain -- some saying that used her vampiric wiles on the judges and some claiming Guitarhero had an unfair advantage due to his music-based powers.

Cloak ignored it all -- he hadn't even really wanted to do it in the first place. He hated being a judge. He never liked being in such a position. Especially considering he himself had no experience with songs, lyrics . . . yes, sure, he made several song adaptations in the "RAFize Songs" thread, but that, by no means, made him an expert. If anything it made him a plagiarist, he fretted.

His mind would not stop mulling over these fretful things, it buzzed and whirled like a beehive being swung around a pole. He wished that he would not dwell on these things, but he did it without conscious direction or cognitive awareness. He knew that he had a tendency to dwell on these things, these feelings of being slighted. Cloak was well aware that his fatal flaw was this capacity to hold grudges for long stretches of time. That or his arrogance -- at least, his perceived arrogance.

His mind clearly would not allow him to sleep this night. Cloak did not know why he felt so restless, so agitated. This wasn't anything that would worry him. He was just a judge in some song-and-dance game. He shouldn't have been this worked up over it. Something else had to be at play here. Something more.

But what?

Cloak shook his feline head. He was in his thread, sitting on his bed with it's navy blue colors -- suggested by his aunt, his mother's sister. The headboard and footboard were white, though with chipping paint. Cloak's tail thrashed about, betraying his hidden feelings of anxiety and fear.

Cloak shook his head again. He was being stupid. He was working himself up over nothing. They were fine.

But everything wasn't fine.

Old powers were stirring. Old powers that had slept for many, many years. Decades. Centuries. Millennia. They were stirring, straining the confines of their enclosure. Straining the barriers of their prisons.

But . . .

But what were they? And who sealed them away?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 04:19:03 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3924 on: December 19, 2014, 10:26:01 PM »
Ah, rightful winners indeed! :D

PDF of that last:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 04:03:55 AM by Deck the Hawks »

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3925 on: December 22, 2014, 11:47:39 AM »
Thanks again, Saffa!

New chapter.

CHAPTER TWO:
The Anthropterosaur

Deep inside a forgotten cavern, far below the one that the monster MP3 player had once resided in, comfortably enveloped and snugly ensconced within the dank darkness, something slumbered. It was like a plant bud, in its elliptical, egg-like shape. It was the same color of a Namekian, and roughly the size of a fairly tall man. One thing about this particular something was perfectly clear.

It was alive.

It was alive, but dormant. Nothing seemed to awaken it, or disturb its peace. It just continued it's quest to continue its relentless dozing. It was unknown for how long had it slumbered, or what would it take to awaken it, even a smidgen.

It wiggled slightly. It wiggled and jiggled and wriggled. The exterior unfolded, revealing that the said exterior was a pair of leathery wings -- pterodactyline wings attached to the creature's human-like arms, which ended in five fingers, which each bore a claw and one was an opposable thumb. The creature bore a broad, muscular chest, and two human-like legs which had five toes that each ended in a claw. He had a tail that snaked down between his legs with the tip shaped like a diamond.

His head was, perhaps, the most inhuman part of the creature. It had a pointed conical crest sticking out the back and the face was pulled out into a pterodactyline beak. He had pitiless pink eyes with yellow sclera. His face betrayed no inner kindness or mercy, which was good, because he hadn't any.

He possessed the power of hypnosis so powerful that it could possibly be classified as mind control, though not quite, and the power to absorb energy as a means of sustenance. He was a very dangerous individual, indeed, this anthropterosaur.

"I rise!" he said in a strangely deep, squawking voice. He stretched his limbs and tail to their full lengths, with his eyes closed and his maw opened in a rather awkward-looking yawn. "I rise. And I understand."

He proceeded with surprising swiftness to the location of the nearest light. He leaped out into daylight, apparently unbothered by the sudden brightness from coming the deepest darkness to brilliantly sunny day. The anthropterosaur didn't care as it inspected an old stone star fighter that was overgrown.

"Yes, I feel your desires, Master," the anthropterosaur said, not addressing the star fighter, though it appeared that way. "I know what I must do now. You can trust me to collect those he has marked."

There wasn't any pilot revealed as he cleared away the vines and overgrowth. He climbed in the oddly pristine fighter and powered it up, and flew away from the secluded spot.

(January 7, 2020)

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #3926 on: December 22, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
What fighter where? O.o

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3927 on: December 22, 2014, 11:56:09 AM »
All in good time, my dear Saffa. All in good time.

And I might post another chapter later, but I have a lot to do today -- like actually cleaning my apartment. . . .

:edit: New book ideas. (I'm working with a 30-minute limit on this computer -- if there are blanks spots, I'll fill them in when I can.)
  • Book DXXXVI: "Cocoon of Devolution" -- A Moreau escapes prison, changed.
  • Book DXXXVII: "Tempting the Moreau" -- Shenecron offers a Moreau a deal.
  • Book DXXXVIII:"The Trident" -- The RAFians must stop a trident that can flood the world from falling into the wrong hands.
  • Book DXXXIX: "The Fountain" -- The RAFians discover a fountain with a mystic ability.
  • Book DXL: "Sigil Significance" -- Shenecron has his herald unleash the Dark Sigil Beasts.
  • Book DXLI: "Let It Burn" -- The RAFians must deal with the Dark Sigil Beast of Cowardice.
  • Book DXLII: "Becoming Bestial " -- The RAFians must deal with the Dark Sigil Beast of Loneliness.
  • Book DXLIII:"Pink is Out" -- The RAFians and Star Sapphires must deal with the Dark Sigil Beast of Hate.
  • Book DXLIV:"A Plague of Hopelessness" -- The RAFians and Blue Lanterns must deal with the Dark Sigil Beast of Hopelessness.
  • Book DXLV: "Speak Nothing But Lies" -- The RAFians must deal with the Dark Sigil Beast of Insincerity.
  • Book DXLVI: "All-Consuming Darkness" -- The RAFians must deal with the Dark Sigil Beast of Darkness.
  • Book DXLVII: "The RAF-Reaper" -- The RAFians deal with an entity that want to wipe them out -- the RAF-Reaper.
  • Book DXLVIII: "Stellar Puberty" -- Freddie, Estelore's "nephew", goes through stellar puberty, where he becomes homicidally hostile.
  • Book DXLIX: "Fugitive Demon" -- Shenecron loses his herald.
  • Book DL: "When Bodysuits Aren't Bodysuits" -- The RAFians deal with some illicit bodysuits.
  • Book DLI: "Everlost Again" -- The RAF-Reaper discovers Everlost, and decides to delete it. . . .

Tell me your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 12:22:37 PM by CloakedFigure »

(January 7, 2020)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3928 on: December 22, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »
Nice work, Cloaky! :D

Offline Cloak

• Disciple of Weird Al
  • God
« Reply #3929 on: December 23, 2014, 03:51:38 PM »
Thanks, Gazzy.

New chapter. Last chapter before the holidays -- won't be able to post again until Monday.

CHAPTER THREE:
The Herald's Gift

There was really no reason why the ship should have worked. This star fighter -- which looked like it was made of stone, but in reality it wasn't. In terms of design, it looked like it was cobbled together from the Sh'iar, Vulcans, the Mon Calamari, and ancient Galvans. It was built like a long-bodied roadster, color of granite and marble. It was propelled and supported by unknown means, which made it all the more confusing.

The star fighter continued to rocket toward its intended destination. Toward the location of the marked ones -- the ones who marked themselves with the enemy's symbol. . . .

Abby, Saffa, Faerie, Phoenix, Goom, Horse, Mithril, and Underseen were just returning from a very dangerous mission. Some profoundly foolish idiot thought he would have a couple of nexus as personal bodyguards. Nexus were rather feline in nature, with thick, black claws which could slice a human in half. They had long, sharp quills along their back, and a long, forked tail that was semi-prehensile. They had four eyes and a flat, spade-like head and a broad, wide maw that was filled with sharp teeth. They had a splayed, squat stance and fur rather like felines. They had extremely sharp instincts and reflexes, although they were known to tire easily, and often used swift movements to finish an enemy quickly, biting down and thrashing their head about to break their victim's neck.

They were exceedingly dangerous creatures. Just two proved to be a challenge for the RAFians dispatched on the mission. Abby and Saffa would have nearly been killed -- had they not had the foresight to acquire the dangerous beasts, putting them into the acquiring trance. It was a moment of opportunity, and they took it. But all eight showed signs of weariness and exhaustion. Subduing one nexu was a feat in and of itself, much less two.

They were taken unawares by a strange flying creature . . . the Herald of Garrotik . . .

"What happened here?" a voice demanded.

"Wh . . . what?" Saffa said groggily.

"Where are the others?" the voice said, not to be deterred.

"The others? Wh -- hey! Where are they?!" Saffa said, getting up. "Where did they go?"

Cloak spoke, "That's my question."

Then his ears perked as he turned and saw the ancient star fighter lift up quite a distance away, then jet away.

"What was that?" Abby asked.

"The kidnapper?" Saffa guessed.

"It's heading due south," Cloak noted. Then he turned to the girls, "You two know we have to follow it."

"Of course we know that, Cloak." Saffa said.

(January 7, 2020)