General Category > General Fan Fiction & Art

Memoirs of a RAFian

(1/1490) > >>

Cloak:
This is a fic idea that I've been sitting on for some time.  It may become my primary project, if this SOPA thing turns out to be detrimental to the parodies.  If not, it will becomes my primary project when I'm outta parody ideas, or waiting for someone to post.

Book One: A RAFian Falls
Chapter One:
The Deal
The Howler fired that ray gun that appeared to be a dracon, but the two cloaked figures easily dodged it.  One was larger, bulkier and wearing a black cloak.  The other was smaller, leaner and wearing a pinkish cloak.

Suddenly, a large boulder was hurled at the Howler's head, but missed my mere inches!  The Howler pulled out a knife, which seemed unable to touch the figures in the cloaks.  Suddenly it was ensnared in the branches of a yew tree that wasn't there a second before.

A loud roar, from some distance away, and the Pootang ate the seal, again.  But the cloaked figures, known as Cloak and his elder neice Shadow, concentrated on the Howler.  The other RAFians were dealing with the Pootang.  But battling the Pootang was little more than a game for the RAFians, although Horse might disagree as she gets eaten in nearly every encounter.

Cloak fell on his back but rolled back to his feet with practiced ease.  Then Howler decided to use the one weapon that Cloak and Shadow had no defense against.  It howled.

Meanwhile, at the Banned HQ, Queen was in her usual rages.  Aloth, wide-eyed and with somewhat vacant expression, and Yorick, who wore a disinterested, aloof expression.  This was an usual experience.

But something happened to jolt Queen out of her rant.  A low, malicious chuckle.  All three stared in the direction of the sound.  Nothing happened for a few seconds, but then, with a swishing swagger, a figure in a coal black cloak stepped from the shadows.

He was much too wide to be Dagger, too hornless to be Brute, too big to be Shadow, and too bulky to be Cloak.  He was a new Realm Walker.

"You three are absolutely pathetic." he spoke in a low, silky voice.

"HOW DARE YOU!  HOW DARE YOU COME HERE --" Queen started.

"Silence, fool!" the Realm Walker snarled.  "You've tried to get that forum -- that RAF -- countless times, but never succeeded.  Have you?"

Queen gulped like a goldfish.  Aloth, however, said, innocently, "How do you know that?" which cause Queen to slap the backside of his head.

"I have my sources," the Realm Walker replied repressively.  "Now, I can give you RAF."

"How?" Yorick said, sincerely surprised.

"That's immaterial.  I can do it.  All I ask is one thing in return."

"What?" Queen said, filling the word with as much contempt and hatred as she could.

"Cloak." he stated with a broad smile.  "That is my price.  Cloak is mine to kill.  It must be me, and it must be public -- in front of his precious RAFians!"

Blocky97:
Very cool, Cloak. Hope this clears up some of that realm-walking backstory!

Cloak:
Well, it clears up more of my backstory than Realm Walkers.  But I'll bear that in mind. . . . I will probably post another chapter sometime this weekend.

(I confess, I forgotten about this thread, but saved my notes.)

Chapter Two:
The Stone
The Howler tensed.  All its weapons seemed useless against these strange beings it had never encountered before -- and, indeed, no Howler has battled before, as their genetic memory was devoid of knowledge of Realm Walkers.

It occured to Cloak that it might decide it had to resort to --

"KERRRRROWWW!"

Yeah, that.

Realm Walkers, like Olympians, have golden blood called ichor.  And after that howl, ichor streamed from Cloak's ears.  It was nothing truly serious, but it was enough to get Cloak severely ticked off.  Golden-scarlet energy started to build up in Cloak's, a small amount leaking out.  This cause the Howler to back off a distance away to assess this odd new development.

"Oh no . . ." Shadow's voice was small and faint.

Cloak blasted a giant beach ball-sized Hadouken at the Howler, but it escaped very narrowly.  The Howler apparently thought this new twist was exciting and fun, because it seemed to be smiling.  It began to howl again, but it never got to finish, because then Cloak, fuelled by anger, terrakinetically lifted some very large boulders up and smashed them down on the Howler with the force of a hydralic press.

After the dust settled, Cloak shut his eyes and took a couple of deep, slow breaths.  Then he took a few more.

"Uncle . . ."

"I'm fine, Shadow." Cloak said, although that wasn't entirely true.  And Shadow knew it.  But before she could call him on it, Cloak said, "You're mom's probably worried about you.  Why don't you go back?"

Shadow took the hint -- he didn't want to talk about it.  She swished her cloak and was gone.  Then Cloak opened his eyes, which returned to their normal state.  The truth of the matter is Cloak was scared -- scared of his own emotions, of his own rage and anger.  This is why he tried to keep it under lock and key.

Horse, having just came out of Pootang in a way she didn't care to discuss, meandered over, still covered in Pootang yuck.  Gaz, Guy, Blocky, and Parker were with her.  Parker was using some odd device to siphon off the Pootang yuck.  The Pootang had returned to the cage where it would inevitably escape again.  But then, that was supposed to be half the fun.

"Hey, Cloak." Gaz said.  "You okay?"

"I'm fine," Cloak said repressively.

Gaz took the hint that he didn't want to talk about that topic, and so turned to the boulders Cloak used to kill off the Howler.  Then she said, "Hey . . . this looks like writing."

"What?" Guy asked, bewildered.  "How can that be?  Cloak?"

"I cannot terrakinetically write. I don't know any Elements Master or terrakinetic that can."

Guy nodded at this, then studied the scratchings etched on the boulder, "But this is definitely a language -- but not one I know.  This doesn't look Terran."

"And I can't translate it, either," Parker put in.  "Cloak, can you?"

Cloak glanced at the stone, and his eyes narrowed with every line.

"You can read it, can you?" Horse said.  "What does it say?"

A brief moment where Cloak said nothing.

"It's nothing." Cloak said in an unscrutable tone. "It says nothing."

This was a lie.

Gaz:
Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Can't wait to read more. ^_^

Cloak:
Thanks, Gazzy.  I'll try to update as frequently as I do with the parodies.

CHAPTER THREE:
The Coup
The border between the Bannedlands and RAF was a visable line of lush vegetation and barren, desolate wasteland.  And it was usually devoid of life.

But not today.  There was a rather large, and motley, collection of trolls, always uglier than the next.  At the fore of the regiment was the three most known Banned -- dimwitted Aloth, snide Yorick and dictatorial Queen.  All hovering over the precipice, still in no-man's-land of the border.

"There it is," Queen stated with a hungry voice.  "Let's go."

But just then a large, beefy hand with sausage-like fingers wrapped around her neck.  Then it lifted her up a foot or two.  It was the new Realm Walker.

"What do you think you're doing?!" the Realm Walker snarled.

"Attacking that fool Richard!" Queen gasped.  It was remarkable that she lost none of her arrogance when the Realm Walker was quite capable of smashing her without a second thought.

"And why," the Realm Walker said, voice low and silky, "would you want to do that?  Especially since I said we would go when the time is right? When their defenses are low?  When their guard is low?  WHEN THE ELEMENTS MASTER COULDN'T SENSE US COMING?! He's a terrakinetic, you fool! He'd be able to feel the vibrations coming a mile off! Do you think of such things? No, of course not. You just shoot your mouth off without thinking, act when it would be unwise to do so -- it is little wonder why you have never succeeded in overthrowing this Richard guy and his mods!"

Queen's face turned red, but whether that's from the lack of blood or rage or embarrassment, it was hard to say.  But Queen said no more, and the Realm Walker dropped her roughly.

"Your impatience has no harmed the plan," the Realm Walker continued, looking into the lush paradise that is RAF.  "Fortunately for you.  As dawn approaches, so does the time for the attack.  We shall be there before the one known as Cloak has time to stop us.  And then . . . I'll have him."

Cloak was drafting another RAFparody -- "Dig A Little Deeper" -- when he felt something.  It was not a vibration through the ground, but rather one that went to his soul.  Feline Realm Walkers always could sense the presence of malicious beings, and Cloak never questioned this ability.

Cloak stood right away, holding his body quite stiff, looking around -- that was the problem with this sense, it never pinpointed anything.  Cloak was still on high alert when he walked out of his thread -- he stayed in RAF more often than he stayed in the Nexus, his species home world, which is where all universes (ALL universes) intersect, and holds the Gate of Oblivion.  Anyone goes through the Veil of Oblivion, located on the other side of the Gate, and they shan't ever return.  This is the fate of the most dangerous Realm Walker criminals, as it is the only thing, other than another Realm Walker, that can kill a Realm Walker.

Cloak was nearly shocked because he saw a troll horde coming towards RAF -- within mere minutes, seconds really, they would be here.  They would overrun -- there were like fifty trolls to a RAFian.  But they were clearly outmatched.  A newbie takes out that many trolls before lunch.

But there was something different about this that Cloak couldn't put his finger on.  He brushed that thought aside and raised the alarm.  The RAFians rushed out of the threads, clearly posting or working on some projects -- ND had paint on her fingers, Demos was unaware that he was still holding a test tube filled with some vile-smelling concoction, and Horse, Parker, Yunyun, Rad, and Blaze had just come from the training pavilion.

Then the trolls and RAFians stared at each other, glaring implied insults.  Then the two lines clashed.  Cloak attempted to fight them, but they seemed to have no interest in him.  Cloak, though he wouldn't openly admit it, felt a little aggrieved at this.  He was not a weakling! They surely weren't afraid of his power -- he never used his full power, because as stated, he himself was afraid of it.

But the cause of it was evident soon enough, because when Cloak turned around, he saw someone he had thought he would never see again. Someone he liked less than Laura Mallory and that Phelps church.

He said accusingly, "YOU!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version