Author Topic: A New Animorph  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Yorick Brown

A New Animorph
« on: August 22, 2008, 09:57:44 PM »
Premise

The title is pretty self-explanatory. After the David ordeal and also the after battle for the Iskoort, the Animorphs decide to make new Animorphs.

A male character and a female character are seen recruited into the the gang and then battling missions.

Rules

I don't think I need to list the rules. No perfect goody two-shoes characters, nothing unbelievable, all characters are of highschool age, at least one-two paragraphs of writing and at most four-five, etc.

This is really a Megamorphs book since we'll not only be seeing multiple characters but it'll be in first person.

I'll start things off (Yes. The MAKER is starting things off; first time for everything and all that):

Prolouge

I can't tell you my last name or where I live or even my age. I can't let them find me. But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's go back to the beginning....

Chapter 1

"Hi. Zack, is it?" asked a young girl with a breathy voice.
I looked up from my lunch tray to only see Rachel, probably the hottest girl in school, standing in front of me across the table.
I nearly choked on my hamburger. I gulped the burger down and tried to remain cool.
"Yes. I AM Zack. Rachel, right?"
"Yeah. I don't know if you're busy this afternoon but I was wondering..."
Was this really happening?! Was Rachel, daughter of the popular TV weatherman, school fashionista and one of the best athletes in school REALLY asking me out on a date?!
"...if you'd like to go to attend this club meeting with me afterschool. I'm trying to recriuit members. Maybe if you like it, you could join. It's at my friend Cassie's barn."
My heart sank a little but I swallowed my pride. A date was a date-and with Rachel nonetheless.
"Sure!" I said, trying to hide my initial disappointment.
"I'll pick up at the school entrance at 3:15. Is that okay?"
"No problem," I replied.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 08:45:19 PM by Yorick »
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
Re: A New Animorph
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 01:27:51 AM »
(off topic. sorry)

this sounds pretty good, but then again so do pretty much all of the RPGs here do. does it have to be just one boy & girl or can it be different?
'Remembering is just an invention of the mind. you can remember anything, whether it happened or not.'

'pain is a state of mind, it can be overcome'
- Freak The Mighty.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 11:13:47 AM »
Only one boy (who's so far named Zack and goes to highschool with the Animorphs and must remain consistent like that) and one girl who hasn't been introduced at all yet.

You have to be consistent and keep to whatever the previous user has done. If say, Zack or nameless girl is caucasian in the story at some point, they must remain as so.
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline -1-2-3-

• Mr. Game And Watch.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:07:15 AM »
at 3:15 that afternoon, Zack met rachel at the school gates. they walked to cassies barn together, not really making conversation at the start. later on though, when they were nearing the barn, they were deep in conversation about aliens and animals. He didn't know why, but thought it was strange, that she would speak of that.
'Remembering is just an invention of the mind. you can remember anything, whether it happened or not.'

'pain is a state of mind, it can be overcome'
- Freak The Mighty.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »
I said FIRST PERSON.
Who's doing this?

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 09:38:16 PM »
Chapter 1

"Hi. Zack, is it?" asked a young girl wuth a breathy voice.
I looked up from my lunch tray to only see Rachel, probably the hottest girl in school, standing in front of me across the table.
I nearly choked on my hamburger. I gulped the burger down and tried to remain cool.
"Yes. I AM Zack. Rachel, right?"
"Yeah. I don't know if you're busy this afternoon but I was wondering..."
Was this really happening?! Was Rachel, daughter of the popular TV weatherman, school fashionista and one of the best athletes in school REALLY asking me out on a date?!
"...if you'd like to go to attend this club meeting with me afterschool. I'm trying to recriuit members. Maybe if you like it, you could join. It's at my friend Cassie's barn."
My heart sank a little but I swallowed my pride. A date was a date-and with Rachel nonetheless.
"Sure!" I said, trying to hide my initial disappointment.
"I'll pick up at the school entrance at 3:15. Is that okay?"
"No problem," I replied.

Chapter 2

I was so excited that I couldn't think of anything else for the rest of the day.  I even left my last period class early - who was I kidding, I wasn't paying attention anyway - so I could be sure I was out front by well before 3:15.

So there I was, standing on the steps out front of the school peering at my watch impatiently as the little digital 12 turned slowly to a 13.  She would be here any minute.  Rachel, one of the hottest girls in the entire school!  Here to take me to her...what was I even going to?  I couldn't remember.  I was just so thrilled she had even been talking to me I hadn't bothered listening.  But that wasn't a big deal.  What was a big deal was that this was my chance!  My chance to be popular. 

My chance to be part of something.  As I watched the flood of students pouring out of the school doors and down the stairs for any sign of Rachel, I had no idea how true that would end up being.

(Let me know if you want me to delete this)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:40:18 PM by wotw2112 »
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 10:48:37 PM »
That's really good. You're a very good writer. Keep going.
Who's doing this?

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
Chapter 2 continued

Just then my excited wait was unexpectedly interrupted.

"Hey, Zack!  I was hoping I'd run into you."  Came an all too familiar voice from closeby.  With a barely muffled groan, I turned to see the owner of the voice making her way towards me through the last group of students that separated us.

Under almost any other circumstances I would have been happy to see Angela.  A petite intelligent girl one grade beneath me, Angela and I shared many of the same friends and had thus kinda become friends by default.  Dark hair, dark eyes, and a fair complexion, Angela was pretty in a bookish way but certainly not as shy as one might expect.  Always having an opinion about everything, Angela had a tendency to be argumentative and occasionally even downright mean when trying to make a point.  But I knew her well enough to know that she didn't mean to offend people.  Sometimes she just did because she cared so much about so many things.  Just not about what others thought of her. 

It was enough to ensure that she would never be accepted by the most popular crowd.  She was ok with that.  I was not.  And as I was saying, normally I would have enjoyed her company but today I was fishing for a bigger catch.  Angela was pretty but she couldn't hold a candle to Rachel.

"Oh, hey Angela."  I replied shortly, unwilling to give her anything to start a conversation with.  Unfortunately she didn't get the hint and leaned up against the railing beside me as my eyes returned to the quickly thinning crowd before me.  Where was she...

"What are you up to today?"  Angela persisted, as she shifted her position trying to get comfortable against the railing.

"Waiting for someone."  I answered distractedly.

"Oh?  Who would that be?"  I didn't answer because at that exact moment two things happened in quick succession. 

First, I suddenly remembered the events of last Thursday night.  Why?  I couldn't be sure.  Whatever the reason, last Thursday I had spent the night at the mall with Angela.  We had gone to the arcade after school to play Time Crisis 2 and had stayed almost until close.  That's where we had run into this kid from our school named Marco. 

Of course, that in itself wasn't wierd.  The arcade was a popular hangout for kids from our school and Marco was a regular.  What was wierd was that he unexpectedly joined us - even paying for a few games!  In fact he ended up spending most of the night with us, joking and talking about all kinds of strange things.  He had actually asked us alot about this group called The Sharing.  Apparently they'd had a meeting on Thursday night and he wanted to know why we weren't going.  I felt bad for telling him that I thought it was lame - I actually thought he might be trying to recruit us - but as it turned out he seemed almost relieved...

All told, it was a strange night.  I had never even spoken to Marco outside of class before that.  All i knew about him was that he ran in all the same circles as Rachel... 

Maybe that's why I thought of it just then.  Maybe that had something to do with Rachel coming up to me today...but what? 

I would soon find out because the second thing that happened just then was that Rachel had finally arrived.

(Note from the author: trying to explain why Rachel would have approached Zack...seems like they would need to pre-screen somehow before inviting them to a meeting - also, this probably needs editing as I wrote it in one go through)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 11:51:59 PM by wotw2112 »
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:54:43 PM »
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, because I REALLY like your writing, but I do have a 4-5 paragraph length limit.

You don't have to edit your post at all this time but please consider the rules of this game in the future.
Who's doing this?

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 11:59:47 PM »
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, because I REALLY like your writing, but I do have a 4-5 paragraph length limit.

You don't have to edit your post at all this time but please consider the rules of this game in the future.

Crap, I completely missed that.  Sry.  Won't do that again.  Just wanted to get that whole chunk out (not that it justifies breaking the rules).  I'll wait until someone else takes a shot at continuing...
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 06:06:29 PM »
OCC: I think Chapter 2 should be part of Chapter 1, as it's both from the same guy's POV. As Yorick said above, this is supposed to be like a Megamorphs book, which means each Chapter is from a different person's POV. However, until that changes (If it does), I'll just go with the flow and call this Chapter 3.

Chapter 3

Jake

Jake's the name. You know the rest. I was the first to Cassie's barn that day. I decided to show up pretty early and help Cassie with her chores. You see, I kind of have a thing for her, and even though her chores consist of cleaning up horse manure and feeding some pretty bad-smelling animals, it meant I got to spend time with her without the others around, which is rare.

We spend so much time fighting the Yeerks, that when we're not, we like to keep as low a profile as possible, so most of us tend to not hang out too often when we're in public so not to draw attention to us from any Controllers that may be about. Me and Marco as one group, Cassie and Rachel as another, and Tobias and Ax, well, they're a completely different story.

So as you can tell, if I really want to spend any quality time with Cassie, it has to be while she's doing chores, as disgusting as they may be at times. And that was how I found myself here, shoveling up some wolf droppings from the recently-vacated holding area. As I'm sure you know by now, Cassie's parents look after injured animals, and the wolves that they were taking care off were set free a couple days before.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 08:47:38 PM »
Good continuation but I only want Zack and I guess Angela since she seems to be the female character of the story to be written from their perspective only. Sorry.

Don't delete this though. I really like it.
Who's doing this?

Offline amy_animorph

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 02:39:42 PM »
"Hi, Zack," I heard someone say. I turned around and saw that it was Rachel, a girl in my Home Ec class. I wasn't quite sure what was going on- I mean, people like Rachel didn't talk to people like Zack and I. I stepped away so I was still within hearing distance but out of their way.

"Ready to go?" Rachel asked him. My curiosity was instantly increased. Zack-my Zack, the boy I'd had a crush on since fifth grade- was going somewhere with Rachel?

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 03:35:00 PM »
uh. I am not familiar with internet etiqet so if you want to delete my continuation of the story that is fine, and please tell me if I have violated any codes of internet honor.

(my continuation from angela's point of view)
I watched them leave my heart completly shattered. My Zack who I loved so dearly then a regular fantasy appeared in my mind. It was Zack and me on wooden bench on a hill top over looking the ocean only instead of me this time it was her.

Then my logic kicked in "no they might not be together maybe they have an assignment or something to do" I thought. Well their was only one way to find out. Dispite what would probably been my better judgement I tracked them.

I hid in the woods and followed them slowly. More then twice a twig snapped under my feet and I had to stop for a few seconds to make sure they hadn't heard me. Zack seemed to be deep in conversation with her and was doing most of the talking. I think once or twice Rachel actually rolled her eyes. Maybe it was a school assignment and Zack was just trying to pick her up. I was relieved but only for two seconds when "hello" I froze "are you Angela. An-gel-a. An-juh-la" "Uhhhhhh, yes" I said slightly weirded out.

"Pri- I mean jake asked me to get you he wants to talk to you about something. sum-ting"
"er" I thought about it for a second. My investigation was conclusive and this kid seemed alright , even though I didn't think he was right in the head." "Sure," I said "where is he?"
(I will continue this post as soon as I have your aproval).
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 09:44:47 PM »
(Okay since this appears to be dead any way I'm am going to continue this thread without permission)
"He is in the barn. bar-nuh. With Cassie. I have been asked to take you there." this kid definatly had brain issues. We walked through the forest I observed a hawk not far above, it didn't take me long to realise that it was following us. I watched the hawk with great intrest. Then Philip noded ever so slightly and the hawk flew higher.

"Do you have in intrest in animals? ani-mals." Phillip asked. I thought for a moment. "I always liked savanah animals. I went on a Safari when I was seven and my mother had to keep me from jumping out of the car." he raised on eyebrow "Why would you want to do that? that-tuh." "uh, because I wanted to get up close to them." I restrained my self from adding "duh" out of polietness.

Then he added in a digusted tone: "I really hate slugs. slug-suh. They are remarkably slimy and awful. awf-ull" he seemed to be trying provoke me. However I replied honestly "I don't really like slugs either I touched a slug once, slimy." he seemed to be satisfied by this and I couldn't help notice that the hawk was still circling above.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!