Author Topic: Fanfic: animorphs #54 <Tobias>  (Read 1391 times)

Offline mindtricks

Fanfic: animorphs #54 <Tobias>
« on: January 04, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
Hey everyone! I'm new here, and... I don't know what to say.  ;D
Anyway, I made a fanfic. I just want to know what you guys think, so.. feel free to comment! =) It's about Tobias, who I think deserve more chapters in the last book of Animorphs. Hope you guys like it!

And sorry if my English is bad.  ;)

Animorphs #54

Chapter XX
Tobias

The cove.

I flapped harder. The china was less heavy now. Now that most of the ashes had gone.

But I had spared a little.

I saw the jutting rocks. The sand. The waves of the ocean.

I saw her.

I slowed down. Headed to the sand as not to break the urn or spilled the ashes when I dropped it. I tried to get as low to the ground as I could. Then I dropped it.

The hawk was tired. Its talons felt sore. But the boy wasn't. And he was thinking nothing but her.

I landed. Seconds later I was human.

I walked toward the urn. I picked it up carefully, carried it in my arm. On a rock slab where we often sat together I put the urn. Then I sat next to it.

The cool, sweet-smelling ocean breeze swept across my face as I stared off into the horizon. The sky was clear and bright. It was always beautiful, the cove was. 

Rachel was beautiful.

I sat there, my mind full of thoughts about her. Her long golden hair, her smile, her laugh. Her self-mocking laugh.

Her touch.

I took the urn. Holding it right now obviously felt different like when I was holding her. But it felt right.

Part of me wanted to let go. But the other said no.

The wind blew and swept a twig across the rock surface.

I reached out to catch it. Rachel moved to stop it, too. Our hands collided gently. I took her hand. The twig blew past us, and fell into a crack.

“The past is the past, Tobias. Let it go.”

My hand moved to open the urn. I pour the rest of the ashes on to my palm hand, and clutched it for a moment. Then I raised my arm and slowly opened my fingers.

“Good bye, Rachel.”

I let the wind did the work.

The sun was setting now. I sat there still. Terrible weight of grief dragged me, the loss of her felt so raw and fresh. It hurt.

Through the view screen I could see her. There, right there, lying helplessly on the floor. She was surrounded by the enemies. But I could see her.

And she could see me.

“I love you.”

And then she smiled.

The ocean waves crashed. My time was almost up.

“I love you too, Rachel.”

I wiped my face on my sleeve. Then it turned into a wing.

I flew away.

copyright mindtricks@2012