Author Topic: Update: "Watching Paint Dry" - Weathel writes pony.  (Read 3692 times)

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
Update: "Watching Paint Dry" - Weathel writes pony.
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
So, guys, I'm writing a fanfic for you.  It's an origin story that can be written without prior knowledge of the characters or setting, and I think it'll be quite a bit of fun.  And, yes, plenty of magical ponies running small businesses and whatnot.

Unfortunately, though I was able to put a surprising amount to bits-and-bytes today, it's gonna be a while.  I'm a very slow writer, especially when you factor in revision.

So, I thought I'd take a risk and share the other pony project I've been working on.  It's... well, it's shipping, and rather suggestive: if

Fluttershy: Um, I'm just wondering...

raises your eyebrows, you won't like it. 

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2122/Fear-of-Falling

The good news is, if you're not a pony fan, you won't notice how badly OOC my writing is.  ;D

Criticism is, as always, welcome.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:37:09 PM by wildweathel »
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
Re: Weathel writes pony.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 11:36:19 PM »
Fillies paint their clubhouse.  Warm fuzzies ensue.
http://www.fimfiction.net/story/19048/Watching-Paint-Dry

Bump for new story.  It's an exercise in evoking emotion through showing.  I think it's the best thing I've written to date ever (but more are in the works!) even if it didn't get quite the critical response I was hoping for.

[spoiler=totally unrelated scary Nightmare Moon][/spoiler]

Other stories:

The ponies tell an anthology of short stories. - The Ponies Present
The story of the story who loved the story "My Little Dashie." - "Intertextual Relations" (by Pinkie Pie) [drafted]
A deer folk-tale about tricksters and their hearts' desires. - "The Fox and the Draconequus" (as told by Fluttershy) [planning]

A pony destined for gemstones dreams of a different career.  The world (or at least the world of the Ponyville Fair) conspires against her at every turn, until she meets somepony who just wants to be her friend.  An obnoxious, pink somepony who refuses to grow up, that is. - Talent in the Rough [partial draft, may need restart]

The stresses of running the Equestrian government weigh heavily on Princess Celestia.  Fortunately, her little sister has returned from her millennium-long time-out and is eager to aid.  Unfortunately, her suggestions take precisely the sort of risque bent that Celestia can't afford to let tarnish her image.  Also: dirty Shakespearean jokes.  - "Evening Designs" [planning]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 11:38:20 PM by wildweathel »
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.