Author Topic: How do we start a petition?  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
How do we start a petition?
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:35:54 AM »

I wanna start or sign a petition to create an Animorphs anime and then hand it in to one of the major anime corporations. Which company would be best, how do they do it, etc? We'd also have to send a letter to K.A. Applegate asking her to help and explain what we're doing.

Offline Bealocwealm

Re: How do we start a petition?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 11:37:30 AM »
The petition should probably go to Scholastic, not K.A.; I seem to recall K.A. being all for another attempt at a show, but Scholastic wasn't enthusiastic.

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 11:47:44 AM »

Ok then. But how DO I start one? Online?

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 03:17:32 PM »
Okay, well... your goal here is to get 'a ton of signatures from people who agree with your statement or position'*, in this case, about an Animorphs anime. How are you gonna find these people? Well, I think your best chance at an audience who'd agree with you would in fact be online. Here and other Animorphs sites, sci-fi sites, book-lovers sites, etc. Facebook. Facebook, Facebook, Facebook. And if you really want to go at this, find school book fairs, or used book stores, and try and spread the word there. But if you have your petition online, that means that you'd be able to have a much broader range than *just* the book store you visit or wherever. I'd suggest putting something up on each of these sites, and maybe more if you find others:

www.ipetition.com
www.change.org
www.gopetition.com
www.petitiononline.com
www.petitionspot.com

And yes, it would have to go through Scholastic, Inc. for final approval, considering they do own the rights to Animorphs. It would be kind and considerate to ask Applegate, but legally, it's not required.

*pretty much the definition of a petition

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »

Ok. How many sigs do you think would be best? 100,000? Which seems like kind of a lot, but anything less seems too insignificant for the big companies.