Author Topic: Some topics to relocate  (Read 6969 times)

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
Re: Some topics to relocate
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2011, 07:00:11 PM »
I'm (obviously) for sorting out the boards. The ones that I highlighted at the beginning were the main offenders that stuck out like an orange jumpsuit in the business district.

Since you're asking for opinions, I'd generally agree that most of them could be worth moving to the Social board (although I haven't thoroughly read through each page).  I'd also have to agree with yunyun that "You know you're a RAFian" and "Things that remind you of RAF" are questionable. Some small aspect might stretch to make it feel like it's a Social topic but I would say "You know you're a ..." or "Things that remind you..." type topics are spammable and are better suited in Bored Board. In fact the Animorphs Boards have some similar topics but since the Animorphs equivalent topics are VERY closely tied to Animorphs I haven't suggested moving them.

Dino you are right to point out slippery slopes and precedents but I am not too concerned about this because I trust Richard's decisions.  At the end of the day, he has successfully managed these forums for many years now and knows when to say no. There are many forums out there on the net that have died or don't have anywhere near the popularity or consistent following that RAF has.
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 07:09:27 PM »
Are we abandoning the "just leave things exactly as they are now, and be content with that, since nobody seems to be having problems finding threads" option?
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 07:40:57 PM »
I think this is the topic that people will come to first if they think a topic should be relocated to a different board. It can be the thread to request moving another topic to a different board as opposed to opening a new thread for every new topic that they might want to move.
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
If a thread needs moving, please click the "report to moderator link".