Author Topic: Some topics to relocate  (Read 6959 times)

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
Re: Some topics to relocate
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
I honestly think the Birthdays don't go in Bored Board and should go back where they were...just my own opinion.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
  • One of RAF's French residents
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
It has been put in social, not bored board. Read more carefully :P
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

¤  Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Wildweathel since December '08 ¤

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 03:15:19 PM »
I ment Social :-\

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 03:22:53 PM »
I don't find anything wrong with Birthdays in social. It is about other RAFians after all.
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 04:16:14 PM »
It's where RAFians get to know each other.

birthdays seem fine in social.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 01:48:26 AM »
Yeah, with the move, I lost almost 2,000 posts. I had hit 14,000+, then after the move, I was down to 12K. It pissed me off royally; however as it was said, it's not that big of a deal, and it seems as though some of them were restored (albeit not all of them).

I also agree that moving some of those topics to the Bored Board will easily cause them to be drowned out by all of the Bored Board games. Yes, they can be countered by going to your unread topics section; however if you used to be a HUGE presence in the Bored Board as Russ and I have, your Unread Topics section gets flooded by Bored Board topics as well. I just go to the Bored Board and Mark all as read so that I can see the topics that truly matter. No if there's a topic of substance in the Bored Board I care about, I now have to sift through 3 pages of Bored Board games to find it.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

esplin

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
I normally just mark the bored board read. 

I was thinking about it and I really don't think we even need a bored board or a general board. 

After the move the most replied to threads in the general board are name changes (raf social) hows the weather there? (this could be discussed in your own member thread or not at all.  Isn't discussing weather the epitome of meaningless small talk?) and dragon's cave (which could be in the bored board.)

Now, if you go to the board and look at the most recent replied to topics you have some cool ones worth saving.  RAF awards How man rafians have you met could be in RAF projects or RAF social.  Discussion and Debate could be its own board.  RAF school hasn't been posted in for 2, going on 3 months, ditch it.

As for the bored board.  There is nothing really worth reading there and its the largest board on the forum.  If you wanna clean up the forum why don't we do away with all the non animorphs non important threads and boards that take away from what RAF is supposed to be: an animorphs forum.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »
How is the weather there could be put in the bored board too.
Name changes belongs to RAF social.

Maybe Rafians are just very bored and social people ><
Pink Piggy: Anyway, these are standard assumptions in economics. I have no problem with them. Quantum theory also seems weird but it is accepted, that is the way of science.
Brown Piggy: Quantum theory makes no claim about the motivations or welfare of quantum particles.
Pink Piggy: You just do not understand the mathematics involved. This is typical uninformed criticism of economics.

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 02:09:22 PM »
-_- If we keep going most every topic anyone wants to post in is going to be Bored Board. I really don't see that ending well.

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 02:14:03 PM »
Haha. Yeah, it's looking that way. Social and Bored.

esplin

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 02:18:20 PM »
I don't think we need a bored board.  That was kind of my whole point...

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
The Bored Board is staying.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 04:17:03 PM »
Not to mention how very subjective it is which threads should be in the Bored Board and which ones shouldn't.  I'm worried about precedents and slippery slopes, too.

CALLED IT.

Also, yeah, the Bored Board definitely needs to stay.  It's doing no harm where it is, and even if one or two members think it's pointless, there are also plenty of members (yeah I'm looking at you Steph) who don't think so.

As for RAFschool, just because it hasn't been posted in for a while doesn't mean we should ditch it.  It has a lot of threads that are handy for reference, if nothing else.  *makes mental note to post in RAFschool again*

Offline Toc'

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 04:36:46 PM »
I also think that General and Bored should stay. Some threads just don't really belong in any specific category and you should be able to throw them in a general one. Besides, it is a bit of denial to think that RAF should be reduced to just an animorphs forum. We all know it is more than that ><

There are more threads that need to be moved to Social though if you want to be fair in this winter cleaning.
I think it's a good thing to give the Social board a real dimension, because up until now it was quite desert and I think that rafians are quite the social type given the strength of this community :P.

Proposition of threads which I think could belong to RAF social:

RAFawards: centered around the RAFian community
How many RAFians have you met?
Name changes
You know you are a RAFian if...
How well do you know your fellow RAFians
RAFchat Day

There are certainly many more, it's just a proposition though, so tell me what you think.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 05:18:38 PM »
I get why you think some of those belong in RAF social but I don't see why You know you are a RAFian if... and Things that remind you of RAF do
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^