Author Topic: Does K.A. subscribe to the Chaos Theory?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
Does K.A. subscribe to the Chaos Theory?
« on: November 19, 2011, 04:28:45 AM »
Okay, recently I've read through Animorphs, specifically The Andalite Chronicles and #7. The Stranger, and I realize that those events had some similarities to the Chaos Theory, especially the "butterfly effect." They always talk about something in one area affecting the next. It's even in Star Wars: Knights of the Republic II: The Sith Lords, where Kreia describes "echoes" traveling through the Force.

"From one act can come tremendous power when the echo has traveled as far as it can." - Kreia, KOTOR II

So... what do you guys think of this? Your thoughts? Is K.A. a chaotician?

BTW, I recently reread through the "Is K.A. Feminist?" debate I had going, and I was shocked to discover how misogynistic I sounded. It's shameful and embarrassing. Can someone please delete it?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 10:30:36 AM by Darth Zakryn »

Offline poparena

Re: Does K.A. subscribe to the Chaos Theory?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
I obviously can't speak on Applegate and Grant's behalf, but I don't believe any true chaos theory is present WITHIN Animorphs, as in small events making big changes within the story presented in the books, but it does seem implied that the entire narrative has increasingly large ripple effects throughout the universe. To put it simply, the Animorphs, five simple teenagers on an obscure planet of little importance are the butterflies, and from their actions completely changes the course of the Andalites, Yeerks, Hork-Bajir, Taxxons, Leerans, Chee, Howlers, and so on, AKA the hurrican.
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE

Offline Darth Zakryn

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »

Isn't that the whole basis of the Chaos Theory? Unless I'm misinterpreting my facts.

Offline poparena

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 10:36:10 AM »
No, you're right. I'm just saying that chaos theory is more implied than shown in the books.
Winner, Best RAFproject 2011

THE OPINIONATED ANIMORPHS BOOK GUIDE