Author Topic: GESB: Sanctuary Dimension  (Read 8992 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: GESB: Sanctuary Dimension
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
"I think that would largely depend on our progress up the mountain. I don't suppose flying is an option. We should probably take supplies if it will be a very long trip."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 08:01:35 PM »
Sami's face fell when Jocun announced that the larger man said they would have to face three other opponents. They could each take one themselves, but then how would they defeat Baal? They would surely have to rest, but if they did, Larry could die. Sami's green eyes darkened with sadness as she took in all the possibilities. She heard Noah and Jocun, but barely registered. Until Jocun mentioned flying. She turned her face towards him. "I forgot that you do not know what I am capable of. I can shapeshift. I think I can shapeshift something big enough to fly us up there. Or at least, part way up. I haven't tried something that big before..." She chewed in her lower lip as she began thinking of a beast, but tried not to concentrate too much, for she didn't want to immediately start shifting.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 08:31:01 PM »
"It would be quite convenient to bypass all the challenges, but I have a feeling that there are things in place to keep enemies from simply flying right up to the summit. Unless I'm giving too much credit to the guy in charge up there. I know you must be worried about Larry, and I can't even guaruntee that he's still alive, but we will either rescue him or finish his work by defeating his enemy."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 10:56:02 PM »
Noah nodded once agreeing to the idea about flying up the mountain as much as they could bypassing creatures along the way.

"One task at a time. Let's focus on getting our materials first. We need food and something for shelter. Maybe a tarp to hang or do u think we can make do with the environment and make shelter as we go?" She asked both Jocun and Sami trying for ideas for what they may need. Noah then addressed the old man before them.

"Who can we talk to to get food for our travel and possibly other material for shelter?"

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2011, 10:13:43 PM »
Sami sighed and nodded at Jocun as she looked up at the mountain looming over them. She could make is probably a fourth of the way up in a flight, and no more than that. She replied to Noah. "I can shift and become adapted to any environment.... Mostly. So I don't neccessarily need shelter. But I will help carry anything we may need." She turned to watch Noah ask Deckard Cain about supplies and where to find them, trying to get the man to respond finally.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 11:02:34 PM »
Deckard Cain patiently waited for a pause in the conversation before he addressed the party. "If you require medicinal supplies, Malah is the town healer." As Cain spoke, he indicated a large hut about 25 feet away where an old woman could be seen mixing things in jars. "Larzuk, the town blacksmith, can supply you with the best weaponry and armor as well as repairs, should you require them." Deckard Cain pointed out a man in an open hut sticking swords into a forge.

At that moment a young woman walked up to the group carrying what looked like a large tarp wrapped in a bundle tied to several poles, which were tied together. The woman bowed slightly to all of them and set the bunble on the ground in front of Noah. "Hello, Assassin, and welcome to Harrogath. If you are going to scale Mount Arreat, then you will have need of these supplies. There is food and water to last you the two days it takes to get to the Ice Caves. Take exta care in the Ice Caves, for they are very extensive, and it can be quite easy to get lost in there." Anya chucled a bit darkly and continued "Of course, your comrade, Larry, would have left quite a trail for you to follow. Last I knew those Caves were infested with the Yetis, but Larry most likely wiped them out. My advice is to follow the trail of dead monsters to the summit."

At that moment a large Barbarian riding a War horse came galloping into town through the Gates and rode over to Qual-Kehk. The Barbarian spoke to Qual-Kehk in a respectful tone of voice "Sir, a moment of your time!" The Bararian and Qual-Kehk walked some distance away from the group and began talking in a low tone of voice so as not to be heard by the group. From their body language it was clear that something was very wrong

((Thanks to SamiChee for the proofread))

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 01:02:28 AM »
Noah looked toward the healer then the blacksmith and finally realized that she doubt either would truly have anything that would help. She knew the blacksmith would probably just ruin her weapons by pounding them or accidentally fire her gun if he were to see it. She wouldn't need his aid and based on the technology that seemed to go into Jocun's armor, she doubted his weapons were less sophisticated than her own.

Her gaze shifted when a young woman walked toward her and lay a tarp with poles down before her. She kept her face blank and just nodded her thanks to the woman. It took some effort to keep her face from showing how pleased she was with the nickname because it seemed fitting. She wasn't sly, but she always did what needed to be done for her pard, even if it meant 'dealing' with their enemies.

"Thank you for the advice. It will be put to use." Noah turns back to Sami and speaks before walking over to the hut where the healer was located. "I'll take care of the medical supplies, I'll leave you two to the food and whatever else that is needed." She walked up to Malah and bowed slightly with just a tilting of the head keeping eye contact out of habit.

"May I ask what supplies you wouldn't mind sacrificing to our journey up the mountain? What can you offer?" She spoke politely as she could trying to not appear intimidating but her cautious demeanor remained unchanged.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:04:44 AM by Twilight_Pixie »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2011, 05:45:11 AM »
"I thank you for the supplies, though I already have the weapon and skills I'm proficient with. A trail of battle shouldn't be hard to track." He noticed someone talking to Qual, but didn't want to eavesdrop. They had their own things to worry about, unless this business had to do with Larry. He examined what the woman gave, seeing what he might be able to carry by himself.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2011, 11:40:03 AM »
Sami nodded and let Noah leave. She turned her body just a bit so that she could easily get to Noah if needed. Meanwhile, she turned her head to look at Jocun, who was examining the bundle to see what he could carry. "Jocun, I know Noah can hunt for herself, and I can hunt for myself if needed, so you may be the only one eating most of the rations." She crouched down next to the bundle and made sure it was tied up tight, then she picked it up, hefting it in her arms. "I can help carry, though, since I am sure that your armor is heavy."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 11:54:54 AM »
"Judging from the way Qual talked, I'm not sure how much there will be to hunt on the mountain. If you can find anything, that's great, but it will still be convenient to have rations. I'm certain you're unaware of this, but all three of us happen to have shapeshifting abilities. Mine are technological in nature, though. However, I don't have any experience hunting for food. As far as my armor goes, it is pretty heavy. That's the price one pays for durability, I suppose. If the need is great enough, I will be forced to morph. My morph's instincts will be strong, so I will be fighting a mental battle as well as a physical one."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 01:28:28 PM »
Noah's hearing being more than just humans, she overheard what Sami and Jocun were saying. She turned wide eyes back on Sami for having the idea that she could really go without feeding her human body and only her beast. She smiled sweetly toward Malah and excused herself. She struggled to run back to them only human fast. When she reached them, Noah eased her arm around Sami's shoulders and hugged her with one arm close to her and whispered so quiet she wasn't sure if Jocun would hear.

"Uh, Sami. I can't just feed my beast. I need food too. If I only feed her, she will gain the upper hand over me. If I continue to eat, meats preferred, then my control is best. More food the better. I feed my beast when my control is shaky and no more. It's a vile thing to rip a creature to bits." Noah was talking extremely fast mumbling half of her words unable to tell which part she would hear. She smiled nervously at her, not letting any of the villagers see her in a state of distress at the thought of no food for her.

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 02:58:30 PM »
Sami was confused as to Jocun saying he had shapeshifting capabilities. She didn't realize it. She knew Noah did. After all, she had shown up with Noah to Jocun and his companions, and Noah was full beast and then shifted back. She was about to say something back to Jocun when Noah ran over, obviously having heard what they were saying. She groaned in frustration. "I wasn't saying none of that food was for you. And I didn't realize that." She shrugged Noah's arm off, taking a step back. She felt stupid for not having talked it over with any of them, and now felt vulnerable. She didn't know how well they would be able to work together to defeat their enemies if she was being stupid while the other two were level headed.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 01:13:34 AM »
Malah walked over carrying a large woven basket and handed it to Noah. "Assassin, here is the medical supplies you will need. There is thread and needles for stitching as well as alcohol for cleaning and Ale for pain relief." Malah made a short bow and walked back to her hut as Qual-Kehk approached the group. "I am afraid that your ascent may be in danger. The mountain scout has just informed me that a storm was spotted by the Mountain Barbarians. They are Barbarians that choose to live on the slopes of Mount Arreat and have a keen sense about the area. If they say that a storm is approaching then it is not good. According to the scout here if you don't leave now then the way to the Ice Caves may be blocked. Good Luck in your journey." Qual-Kehk made a short bow and walked away.

Anya spoke up just then. "I assure you, comrades of Larry, there is plenty of food to last on your ascent for all three of you. I imagine that if you run into any of the Mountain Barbarians that Qual-Keks mentioned, they would supply you with extra rations, should you require them. I suggest you heed Qual-Kehks word and leave immediately though. Mount Arreat storms are very treacherous and even the Mountain Barbarians do not leave their huts during the storms. I wish you good luck as well brave warriors." Anya gave a small bow and walked away. Fifty feet straight ahead of the party the Gates to Mount Arreat opened.

((Thanks to Twilight_Pixie and Chad30 for the proofread))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:44:29 PM by General Squall Leonhart »

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 01:24:37 AM »
Noah took the basket and couldn't help but smile. The items were all so basic but would most certainly help in a time a need. The ale though, that might be a reward rather than pain reliever. Too many consequences would come from drinking it. But Noah took it all graciously and thanked her before turning her attention back to Anya.

She listened to what they all had to say and looked toward the gates as they opened. It all seemed ever so erie to her. Noah looked back toward Sami and Jocun.

"I'm ready when you two are. Did you want to shift or walk?" She asked Sami for she had brought up the idea of flight.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »
Jocun didn't know if this storm was coincidence or not, but that didn't really matter. Time was up. "Okay, let's head out." He said, and with some supplies on his back he set out at a jog to the path up.

Ani-Master 2014!