Author Topic: Green Lantern/Animorphs RP  (Read 5329 times)

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
Green Lantern/Animorphs RP
« on: September 09, 2011, 06:00:30 PM »
OK, so i wanted to  do this a few weeks ago  but i posted looking for people interested in other treads, and got my butt kicked (a lot, except for Tobias, hes such a gentle person, tanks Tobias) , but I'm trying once more, so anyone interested in joining a Gal animorphs? and please dont tell me that this cant be cause i saw a harry potter/ animorphs rp and even gorillaman and Tobias signed up. Whatever back to the point, so this is supposed to take place more or less about the same time Jake,Cassie,Tobias,Marco and Rachel find Elfangor and etc. I was thinking that the setting/background could be: basically the guardians of theuniverse understand what yeerks are (being wise and old as hell) and that its not their fault to be a parasite, so they try to get to an agreement with them to make them only take voluntary hosts, yeerks dont quite agree and launch an invasion to oa where they get their butts kicked. So now open war gl corps/yeerks is up.
This could take place in different planets or in earth, either helping the animorphs or stopping yeerk invasions in different battles and sectors of the universe. And for the rest u know the drill, make a character sheet (gl, animorph, common human, andalite, hork bajir or whatever but preferently gl), with name,age, physical description and background, and if u can give ideas about the setting please do!! Ill start from 5 persons up...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:02:49 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline The Spectre

Re: Green Lantern/Animorphs RP
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »
Character name : Samuel Greystone "Sam"
Green Lantern, chosen by his power ring after blackest night event, fan of animorphs books who didn't knew that they were telling the truth until a few weeks ago when the power ring interphase showed him the plans of the yeerks..
Powers: Green lantern ring based powers (flight, energy projection,constructs bla, bla, bla)
Abilities: Indomitable will, street fighting and parkour.
Family: Parents (contollers) 11 year old brother, Benjamin ( not a controller and his reason to fight).
Dislikes: Soccer, Chinese food, alcohol, cigarettes.

Fairly friendly, ruthless and tends to be outgoing, weakness to red lantern power rings, values his family and friends very much.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:15:04 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:20 PM »
Willing to give it a try

Name: Larz Garrec Took
An andalite who nearly died in the final battle of the foght for the hork bjair planet. He lay fatally wounded until the ring found him.
Powers: Green Lantern Ring
Abilities: Tail fighting, piloting aircraft.
Hates: Yeerks.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
Willing to give it a try

Name: Larz Garrec Took
An andalite who nearly died in the final battle of the foght for the hork bjair planet. He lay fatally wounded until the ring found him.
Powers: Green Lantern Ring
Abilities: Tail fighting, piloting aircraft.
Hates: Yeerks.

OMFG!!! An actual repply!!! Thanks so much!!! I thought my RP was doomed to die, now lets wait for three more people...

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:58 PM »
What's the premise? Who can you control, who can't you control? What are the rules? What planet is this based on? etc, etc, etc.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
I presume based on the green lantern core, which pretty much floats in space next to a gaint sun that helps fuel the rings. Either that or on that green lantern whos also a planet
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 06:22:15 PM »
I'm not asking what are the rules of the Green Lantern powers, I'm asking what are the rules of the RP?

If this is on Earth, then how do you explain your character's presence on Earth? He is an Andalite, and only a great few Andalites were on Earth during the books. Is this after the book series? Is this on the Andalite homeworld? Hork-Bajir? Leeran? Anati system?

We need more info. Info given by Cross, not you BA.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 06:40:27 PM »
I'm not asking what are the rules of the Green Lantern powers, I'm asking what are the rules of the RP?

If this is on Earth, then how do you explain your character's presence on Earth? He is an Andalite, and only a great few Andalites were on Earth during the books. Is this after the book series? Is this on the Andalite homeworld? Hork-Bajir? Leeran? Anati system?

We need more info. Info given by Cross, not you BA.
Ok i thought i had given enough info in my first post but whatever. So this a crossover which means that the Animorphs universe, planets, everything are enclosed in the 3600 sectors of the universe guarded by the GL corp, so  the guardians of the universe try to convince  the yeerks to take only voluntary hosts but the yeerks dont agree, attack oa and get hammered, so now war s out between the corp and the yeerks.
Setting i was thinking that gl´s turned the tide of impossible battles against yeerks in far corners of the universe (chee, andalite,yeerk or leeran homeworld)  and only crossed paths with the animorphs from time to time, im open to any suggestion
Time: Would begin with the yeerk attack on Oa and the Guardians declaring war on the yeerks. Same time of the animorphs timeline, the corp would help on any major battle for a planet and cross paths with the A. from time to time, the RP would end with the defeat of the one by Ani./GLC.
Rules: Make a character sheet bla,bla,bla, but species, any species in the animorphs (or gl) universe and preferably a gl, if not you can still be, i dont know, a hork bajir, an andalite, whatever, only solid rule is that you cant be ellimist/crayak/guardian of the universe because of their inherent god like abilities and must be an  ally, not an enemy.
And of course he presence of gl´s on earth would be explained by the fact earth, and pretty much every part of the known universe is patrolled by the gl corp. For example the character created by newBA was an andalite pilot chosen by his ability to overcome great fear and is now a GL, my character was your everyday kid until a few weeks ago.
 I hope that clears things up and that you decide to join us soon, if not post your doubts, ill do my best...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:50:23 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 07:10:50 PM »
Right, but I'm not doubting how his character got the GL powers, but how his character got there at all. They don't get ships without being in the Andalite military, and the Andalite military didn't get there until waaay late in the series. (Other than the few that survived the Dome ship battle.) It wouldn't make sense that his character was an Andalite without giving him a convincing reason to be there (other than "just 'cause", of course).

I get the idea of a cross-over; but in this particular RP, what is the situation? Are we on Earth? Are we on a GL planet? Are we going to be constantly moving between planets? Is there a particular moment in the series we're entering? Can we be an OG Animorph? Do we have to create a new character entirely? Are you going to control all the NPCs? I only ask 'cause these are the details we need before we can say, "Hmmm, this sounds do-able."

I'm not sure if I'd be much good at this if we HAD to choose a character with a ring, as I don't know much about the GLs.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 07:58:22 PM »
Right, but I'm not doubting how his character got the GL powers, but how his character got there at all. They don't get ships without being in the Andalite military, and the Andalite military didn't get there until waaay late in the series. (Other than the few that survived the Dome ship battle.) It wouldn't make sense that his character was an Andalite without giving him a convincing reason to be there (other than "just 'cause", of course).

I get the idea of a cross-over; but in this particular RP, what is the situation? Are we on Earth? Are we on a GL planet? Are we going to be constantly moving between planets? Is there a particular moment in the series we're entering? Can we be an OG Animorph? Do we have to create a new character entirely? Are you going to control all the NPCs? I only ask 'cause these are the details we need before we can say, "Hmmm, this sounds do-able."

I'm not sure if I'd be much good at this if we HAD to choose a character with a ring, as I don't know much about the GLs.

OK, probably you should ask the story about his character to BA but from what i got his character was an andalite war pilot who got shot down  in the hork bajir homeworld battle, and the a power ring chose him, and as i said we are going to move from planet to planet helping in major battles and Oa would be our head quarter (well have to visit the ocasionally to brief about our next mission from the  guardians of the universe, basically the gl´s god-like bosses) and encounter the animorphs ocasionally, the rp will begin at the middle arc of the series and end with  a battle against the one in what would be the ending of book #55, yeah you have to create a new character, you dont have to be a gl but must explain how did he met the gl´s or other characters in the rp, im not going to controll all the npc´s and i dont know what OG means, sorry havent been in the forum too long but i assume it means original and the answer to that is : of course you can create an original animorph but must explain his background (how he got the morphing powers, species, how he will help us  etc.) The basic idea is to respect the original storyline so we wont be interfering with jake,cassie etc. as much as id like (still a bit ), but hey! well get to help them kick the one´s butt!!
Please post more doubts and join us soon!! :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 08:05:48 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 08:12:41 PM »
By OG Animorph, I meant one of the six original Animorphs; but as you said, "...wont be interfering with jake,cassie etc," I'll assume that means no. Okay. It seems like this RP wouldn't do well for me. I just don't know that much about the Green Lanterns. Hope it goes well though. Thanks for humoring me. +1

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
By OG Animorph, I meant one of the six original Animorphs; but as you said, "...wont be interfering with jake,cassie etc," I'll assume that means no. Okay. It seems like this RP wouldn't do well for me. I just don't know that much about the Green Lanterns. Hope it goes well though. Thanks for humoring me. +1
So you wont play?? Mmmm, to bad.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »
OK i think this RP IS doomed to die, so officially im starting from 1 more person, which means well be 3

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
A dry spell doesn't always mean death. Once the last person to post thread didn't have anything for about 2 days

NateSean

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 07:56:39 AM »
On the otherhand, this is exactly what I tried to point out to you in your fanfiction.

Even a good RP, which is based on writing by the way, needs to be fleshed out. You can't just throw a bunch of stuff against the wall to see what sticks. And in my experience it can be very annoying to put book grade effort into a group effort when the other participants are displaying subpar writing skills.

Excuses like, "This is my first time writing blah, blah, blah" don't cut it for me.

I don't mean to be scathing or sound like a jerk, but this is the kind of advice that might help you become a better writer. As for this RP, you would do well to look at successful RP's on the forum and see how they do theirs so that you can improve your own.

It's true that a dry spell might not mean the death of your thread. But you could also encourage more people to post by polishing this up a bit.