Author Topic: Green Lantern/Animorphs RP  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: Green Lantern/Animorphs RP
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 09:23:21 AM »
Always ready to give words of wisdom  ay'e nate?
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 04:17:50 PM »
Hey, he's right. Look at most of the other RPs that have specific canons to deal with. They have clear defined rules and a situation all completely described so that the RPers can jump right in. In an RP where you're going to be going to tons of different planets, you need to start the story off in one single place with a situation all ready in motion, so others can continue.

For the RPs that have no canon-based rules (GESB, Intro Randomness, Free-for-all), it doesn't matter, you just plop in and go. But with RPs like Heroes RP, my HALO RP, etc. there was an introduction post that clearly defined the rules of the RP, and before the RP officially started had a situation detailed to give RPers something to work with.

If you say, "This RP is based on GL and Animorphs...go!" There's going to be absolute chaos with the everyone's intro posts. You need specifics in order to guide the story. Vagueness in canon-based RPs is not good.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline The Spectre

• I am vengeance, I am god´s wrath, I am The Spectre
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »
OK SO LETS TRY THIS TO BEGIN WITH SO CAN PEOPLE CAN POST MORE REPPLIES HOPE YOU LIKE IT, IF NOT, WELL WHAT CAN I SAY, DID MY BEST

The whole 3600 members of green lantern corp was gathered in the meeting room of Oa ( a big circular room with a half-moon shaped platform hovering 15 feet in the air in the far end of the chamber from  from the entrance)   to discuss a matter of extreme importance, for the first time since Apokoplis invasion, the guardians had decided to declare a war.
There were nine of them, big headed, blue-skinned humanoids, not even four feet tall and yet powerful enough to shape the universe at will, sitting on the platform, wearing their usual scarlet tunics..
-The yeerks have mocked our peace offering by attacking our home planet-said the one in the middle -and even though our forces were more than enough to repel their attack with ease that is the minor of our worries.-
The one sitting to its left continued.
-As many of you may know, specially our oldest members, the Yeerks are a parasitic species, they take controll of a host by entering its brain through the ear channel, we understand they nature as not necessarily being evil for they just do what they were created to do, but they have great ambition, they have allready spread to 143 sectors of the universe enslaving races such as Hork-Bajir and Gedds and their newest objective is planet earth in sector 2814, if they turn everyone in that planet into their hosts their armies will be enough to overpower us, they must be stopped-

-There are allready six lanterns patrolling that sector- continued the one farthest right-Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, John Steward, Alan Scott and our newest Member, Samuel Greystone- He meant me of course, Samuel "Sam" Greystone, your average 16 year old kid, that is until I woke up in the middle of the night  to find out that DC comics weren't total liars and to make things even better that my parents were controllers, I had to run away from home, and before I did, promised my little brother that I would come back for him.

The farthest one on the left continued -This war is our top priority now so Lanterns with an assigned sector outside the conflict zone, that is from sectors 2671 to 2814 will be relocated as will  those of sectors that already have more than five lanterns assigned to their protection, we suggest you charge your rings immediately, we will assign you to your temporary sector in two hours, you are dismissed...-

I flew to the building holding central power battery which had pretty much the same style as every building in Oa, big and round.
It was really crowded as everyone was anxious to get their new sectors assigned, I entered through  the big circular doorway and waited as the line of lanterns waiting to charge their rings diminished, finally it was my turn.
I held the ring higher pointing it to the gigantic and golden lantern that was the central power battery.
-In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who workship evils might beware my power, GREEN LANTERN´S LIGHT!!!-   My ring shone for a second, then the light went out.

TWO HOURS LATER

Back to the meeting room, everyone was excited and anxious, some seemed worried and others confident-there´s no war we cant win- they said and finally the guardians spoke.
The one farthest to the left -Sector 2671: Mon-El, Markot 5, Malet Dassim. Sector 2672 Krydel 4, Garl Rathbone, Garmin Vid...- the list droned on an on for hours, until, when I could barely stop myself from yawning, I heard my name - Sector 2771 Samuel Greystone and Larz-Garrec-Took- I blinked in disbelief, I had been displaced form my sector!! But I knew I couldn't argue with the guardians so I just kept silence and started to walk out of the room as all of those who had already been assigned a sector had done.
I was outside the room and beginning to take flight when I heard a voice but no sound, the voice came from INSIDE my head.
<Are you the one called Samuel Greystone?>
I turned around but I didn't knew what I expected to see.
<Down here> the "voice" said.
I looked down and saw a species I had never seen before, it looked somewhat between a blue centaur and a scorpion, and had two pair of eyes...

OK SO MUCH FOR POST ONE, BA IM COUNTING ON YOU MAN!! SURELY AN EXPERIENCED ROLE PLAYER LIKE YOU CAN MAKE  SOMETHING GREAT, SO HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND AWAITNG RESPONSE, IF SOMEONE ELSE WANTS TOO JOIN, GO AHEAD!! I´LL SEE HOW TO SQUASH YOU IN THE RP!!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:19:20 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2011, 08:40:31 PM »
You can't just say that my character called you. Making someone elses character do something is a big no no. But it works in our favor at this moment.

I flew toward the pale humanoid. He was young. I'd have to keep an eye out for any immature behavior. <My name is Larz Garrec Took. Are you the one called Samuel Greystone?> I repeated.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 08:56:07 PM »
OK SORRY ILL KEEP IT IN MIND
-I am- I answered, I think that if I could have seen my expression in that moment I would have laughed, in my little time in the corp I had seen plenty of species and this was by far the most unusual, for one thing he had no mouth, he had one pair of "normal" eyes and another pair coming from some sort of horns on his forehead, the upper part of his body was more or less human, unless you counted the blue skin and frail looking fingers (six of them) on each hand, but it was the lower part that intrigued me the most, it looked like a horse or a deer, with blue fur and you could have almost ignored it hadn't it been for its tail, maybe 3 or 4 feet long and looking like a scorpion's  I'm sure it could have turned me into kebab in seconds.
-And I take it your are my partner, Larz-Garr... whatever, not to be impolite or anything but, what are you?-
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 09:00:00 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 10:31:17 PM »
<I am an adnalite.> I said slightly offended that he had never heard of my species. <My people have been at war with the yeerks for nearly 50 years.>

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »
He seemed offended, and I didn't want to go around getting on the wrong side of people I barely knew so I changed subject.
-OK - I stopped to thin what to say next but the only thing that came was -So we better get going right?-
I concentrated and an holographic "map" appeared from my ring, sector 2771 was more than one million light years away but of course the ring already knew this and the instant I thought about starting to fly it answered in a monotone voice -Sector 2771, distance to target one million and twenty three light years, faster than light travel required, enabling... faster than light travel enabled, estimated time for arrival thirty minutes-
I began to levitate higher and farther away from mmmm Larz, the Andalite.
 -Lets go!- I almost had to yell given the growing distance betwen us.
I couldn't see what he did next because in that moment the ring began to drag me into space at an insane speed.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 09:41:11 AM by crossoverfan »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
I shot after the human.  The sensation of flight was something that no andalite had felt before me, and it was beautiful., if looking a little odd with my species shape.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »
After a few seconds my speed began to reduce, or at least so it seemed, I looked behind me and saw that the Andalite had caught up with me.
-So Larz, may I call you Larz? Any idea of what´s in sector 2771?- I said as we flew head to head with stars,planets and comets shooting past us incredibly fast.

Maybe this would be a great moment to introduce the homeworld of an species mentioned in the books but never described

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2011, 09:53:49 AM »
Most are described, accept the andalite homeworld, and we wouldn't patrol there because the andalite fleet is keeping the yeerks busy

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
ok then lets choose a random species, Garatrons? Anati? Leerans? Capasins?It´s your call BA
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:45:18 PM by crossoverfan »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2011, 06:00:23 PM »
Oh I think Garatron would be good, we already know that the yeerks gad managed to capture at least one.

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
OK, BUT ITS YOUR TURN, ANSWER THE QUESTION WITH TYPICAL ANDALITE WISDOM, BY THE WAY SUBERP WORK IN CAPTURING THE ESCENCE OF ANDALITE SPEECH

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2011, 08:39:51 PM »
I've had practice with Larz before

<Their were...rumors. A species very similar to my own. But that's the extent of my knowledge.>

Offline The Spectre

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »
I said nothing for a while, not knowing what we were facing only made things worse.
The tension grew and grew until I couldn´t stand it any longer.
-There´s a few thousands of light years ahead of us Larz, mind if we do any conversation? What´s your story?-