Author Topic: Writer's NonBlock  (Read 4155 times)

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
Writer's NonBlock
« on: July 31, 2011, 08:26:37 AM »
EDIT: ^^ This is a thread for ANYONE to post their "Creative Scraps". Perferrably, pieces of story that would've made a great pre-quel, but never really evolved into anything more. Anything and everything is welcome, as long as it's PG. ^^

-----
I'll let you all know now that this ISN'T a fanfic. It's not a book, it's not a work in progress... It's simply boredom. Boredom, caffine, myself for company, and the inability to ever make a singularity that is a storyline. Therefore, there isn't really a story.

It's like an art-dump, a "Scraps" page for the disgruntled artist..
But with words as the art, ideas the crumpled pages so carelessly thrown towards that ever-present wastebasket known as Self Confidence.

=/ If this isn't allowed here, let me know. Please. I just.. I gotta' start puttin' these snippits somewhere, and I ended up with another one this morning:
===============================

Complete, permanant darkness. It swallowed everything within and around it, devouring the world and it's cares, it's hopes, it's suffers and dreams.. Here, there was silence eternal. A noise so loud, it rang everywhere in monotone solitude, threatening to break such a place as desolate as this. But the dark and the quiet were friends. They could last an eternity and never grow tired of the other's company, existant or non. And besides, there was one other with whom to consort.

As perfect as the darkness was, it could not completely obscure a solitary shape- floating above a plane of glass. Said shape was sitting, indian-style, with head bent in contemplative quiet. Not even it's breathing disturbed Silence, as that would cause definite dislike between the two. Nor did it's existance bother Darkness, for it emitted no light of it's own.. In fact, it seemed to enhance the dark around it, for it was shrouded in a glow of its very own- A glow without light.

Silence and Darkness were used to it's presence by now. It had been here a very, very long time... And it never stirred, never caused any trouble of any sort. There were a few odd things about it, but the perfectly still realm had learned to overlook these.. Peculiar traits.

For one, the shape was not always perfectly still. The lids of its eyes would move on occasion, and rarer still, it's fingers. Of course, because they were never disturbed in any way, Darkness and Silence remained unaffected, uncaring. Accepting. They allowed it to exist here, and in return it gave them peace, and nothing more.

Until one moment in time- Only memorable for the fact that it was, impossibly, different,- The glass broke. What had been a perfectly, dangerously beautiful, flat plane of absoloute reflection was now moving of it's own accord, all around towards a definite origin. This pained Darkness, as a glint- an impossible, miniscule glint- rode the interruption like a wave. It disturbed Silence too, as the disturbance ran smoothly around in all directions, racing towards itself on all sides.. And finally met under the anomaly, pushing a single droplet of itself completely out of it's plane. This droplet of mirror rose into the blackness that made up the sky, it's glint sparkling for just a moment. Just one, impossible moment... And then it fell back towards it's kin, creating a soft, musical sound as it joined again, and became perfect once more.

The figure's eyes flew open, staring now at the plane of glass that had always been below. It had forgotten what Light or Sound was, this being. It almost hadn't recognized them, it'd been so long.. Darkness and Silence were in uproar. Such a thing to happen in this place, of all places was, of course, impossible. This space was perfection- It had always been, would always be still- Yet a disturbance!

The solitary form stretched, slowly, it's head turning- Not towards the mirror now, but towards the eternal sky. It grinned. The ripple had returned.. It had taken far, far too long to do so.. But it had come, nontheless. It had reached something, somewhere, and rebounded. This meant, however improbable the idea might seem, that there WAS an edge to this reality.

With a curved smile, the figure raised up it's arms, stood on nothing, and then flew forwards at a blinding speed. Silence and Darkness mattered no more. The only thing that mattered was continuing, a new knowledge giving strength to that which needed it most. There was no direction here- It simply didn't exist. But there was an edge. An edge that led to reality.. And to his freedom.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:14:56 PM by Gilda (Saph) »

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
Re: Writer's NonBlock
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 11:48:56 AM »
I support this idea.  Do you mind if others post their scraps too?
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Sharing a special bond of RAFenmity with Tocade since Dec '08.

Offline Saphire

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 11:54:49 AM »
^^ I think that'd be an awesome idea. Mayhaps we can help budding writers come up with more to add to their "scraps" =3

“I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 06:13:12 PM »
Or, polish up what little scrap they feel like writing. Personally, I think plot is overrated: solid narration is more important to drawing me into a story.

Yours, for example, is delicious, very like Poe, but could use some tightening up. Let me switch to a real keyboard.

Aahh.  Shapwriter is fun, but it can't compare to the feel of a genuine Model M (older than I am!).

I hope you don't mind if I go through and style-edit.  I certainly don't mean to imply that I can do a better job editing than you can (it's your own story after all!)--I just want to show a different perspective.

==
Complete, permanent darkness swallowed everything within and around it, devouring the world and its cares, its hopes, its sufferings and dreams.  Here, there was silence eternal.  And then a noise so loud, it rang everywhere in monotone solitude, threatening to break a place so as desolate as this.

But the dark and the quiet were friends.  They could last an eternity and never grow tired of the other's company, whether existent or no.  Besides, there was no one other with whom to consort.

((I'm reading this out loud to myself as I go along.  I'm hearing echoes of Poe's "Silence" in this part--a delicious little short without much plot, but a whole ton of tone.))

As perfect as the darkness was, it did not completely obscure a solitary shape, floating above a plane of glass.  The shape was sitting, indian-style, with head bent in contemplative quiet.  Not even its breathing disturbed Silence, as that would cause definite dislike between the two. Nor did it's existence bother Darkness, for it emitted no light of it's own.. In fact, it seemed to enhance the dark around it, for it was shrouded in a glow of its very own, a glow without light.

(("did not" makes the darkness a little less animate for a bit, bringing the focus more its imperfection than on its ability (or lack thereof)))

Silence and Darkness were by now used to its presence. It had been here a very, very long time.  It never stirred, never caused any trouble of any sort.  There were a few odd things about it, but the perfectly still realm had learned to overlook those peculiar traits.

((Personally, I'm not a huge fan of non-standard punctuation.  If the effect can be created without breaking the rules, so much the better.  Standardization demands less of the reader, inviting them to look through the text into the scene.))

For one, the shape was not always perfectly still.  On occasion, the lids of its eyes would move, and rarer still, its fingers. Of course, because they were never disturbed in any way, Darkness and Silence remained unaffected, uncaring, accepting.  They allowed it to exist here, and in return it gave them peace.

Nothing more.

((You consistently use "it's" for "its."))

Then, one moment in time--only memorable for the fact that it was, impossibly, different--the glass broke.  What had been a perfectly, dangerously beautiful, flat plane of absoloute reflection was now moving of its own accord, all around towards a definite origin. This pained Darkness as a glint--an impossible, minuscule glint--rode the interruption like a wave.  It perturbed Silence too, as the disturbance ran smoothly around in all directions, racing towards itself on all sides, finally meeting under the figure, pushing a single droplet of itself completely out of its plane.  The mirrored drop rose into the blackness that made up the sky, glinting, sparkling for just a moment, one, impossible moment.  Then it fell back to its kin, striking a soft, musical sound as it rejoined the mirror, becoming perfect once more.

((I shifted more to participial and absolute phrases for a dreamlike quality.))

The figure's eyes flew open, staring now at the plane of glass that had always been below.  It had forgotten Light and Sound. It almost hadn't recognized them, it had been so long.  Darkness and Silence were in uproar.  For such a thing to happen in this place, of all places was, of course, impossible. This space was perfection.  It always had been.  So always should it be.  Yet, a disturbance!

The solitary form stretched, slowly, turning its head.  Now not towards the mirror, but upwards, towards the eternal sky.  It grinned.  The ripple had returned.  Far, far longer than hoped.  Nevertheless, it had come.  It had reached something, somewhere, and rebounded, and so--however improbable the idea might seem--there WAS an edge to this reality.

With a curved smile, the figure raised its arms, stood on nothing, then flew forward at a blinding speed.  Silence and Darkness mattered no more, forgotten for the new imperative of continuing, a new knowledge giving strength to that who needed it most.  There was no direction here-it simply didn't exist. But there was an edge. An edge that led to reality.

To his freedom.
==

By the way, that counts as a plotted story as far as I'm concerned.  You have beginning, breaking, quickening (which I think is a lot better description that "beginning, middle, and end" because it actually talks about what happens in each part) and a nice little twist at the end.

I suppose I should contribute something to the thread now, myself.  There's that nasty grimdark fic-of-fic thing I occasionally pick at, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't impose it on anyone (it's as bad as Cupcakes and based on something that's even worse)...ooh, well there's that stupid reference that's good clean fun...

==

This left Squirtle with, sadly, only one unopened present.  "From Charizard," the label read.

When he reached to open it, Charizard laid a claw across the box.  "I have a confession," he said. "I know they can't be as good as the original, and I wasn't sure if I should go through with making them.  If you don't like them, I understand, and I won't be insulted."

Squirtle opened the box.  Once again, they were not his sunglasses.  The angle was wrong and the points way, way too long.  He put them on anyway.

Pikachu had found a mirror somewhere and when Squirtle caught his reflection in it time stopped.  His previous glasses had made him rakishly handsome.  But, these...damn.   Just...damn.

He turned to Charizard, tears in his eyes.

"Old buddy, these glasses aren't as good as the last ones," he started, beginning to glow, words cut short by evolution.

"They're not as good as the last ones--they're better," Wartortle finished.  "Without my glasses, I was an incomplete turtle, a eunuch, but, you, my dear, dear friend.  You have remanned me!"  He looked like he was about to completely break down.

"Dibs, notexplainingthat," Sadic called.  ((Pikachu's OC ship.  Other fic-author's fault.  He dealt the hand, it's only my fault for playing it.))

"Dad, what'sa yoo-nick?" Denji asked, as if on cue. 

"Uh," said Pikachu.  "Not going there now.  Maybe later."

"Charizard," Wartortle declaimed, "you are a master glassworker!  Yours is the flame that will PIERCE THE HEAVENS!" and finally did break down sobbing.

An awkward moment passed. 

"How 'bout now?" Denji  asked.  "It's later."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 07:29:01 PM by Angel Bunny (weathel) »
Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Offline Saphire

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:41:42 PM »
I hope you don't mind if I go through and style-edit.  I certainly don't mean to imply that I can do a better job editing than you can (it's your own story after all!)--I just want to show a different perspective.By the way, that counts as a plotted story as far as I'm concerned.  You have beginning, breaking, quickening (which I think is a lot better description that "beginning, middle, and end" because it actually talks about what happens in each part) and a nice little twist at the end.

^^ no, not at all. Actually, I'm very flattered that you liked it to the point that you would go out of your way to spruce it up a bit. Yes, I do happen to accidentally use "it's" instead of "its", though I try to catch them as often as possible. The added .. erm.. participle thing you did was really very good also- It seemed to tie up the ending much more smoothly than I had origionally, as my own ending seemed somewhat .. Well. Not quite rushed, but not as verbally intricate as the rest of it. Bravo. ^^ Your other tips were helpful as well. =3

I suppose I should contribute something to the thread now, myself.  There's that nasty grimdark fic-of-fic thing I occasionally pick at, but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't impose it on anyone (it's as bad as Cupcakes and based on something that's even worse)...ooh, well there's that stupid reference that's good clean fun...

==

This left Squirtle with, sadly, only one unopened present.  "From Charizard," the label read.

When he reached to open it, Charizard laid a claw across the box.  "I have a confession," he said. "I know they can't be as good as the original, and I wasn't sure if I should go through with making them.  If you don't like them, I understand, and I won't be insulted."

Squirtle opened the box.  Once again, they were not his sunglasses.  The angle was wrong and the points way, way too long.  He put them on anyway.

Pikachu had found a mirror somewhere and when Squirtle caught his reflection in it time stopped.  His previous glasses had made him rakishly handsome.  But, these...damn.   Just...damn.

He turned to Charizard, tears in his eyes.

"Old buddy, these glasses aren't as good as the last ones," he started, beginning to glow, words cut short by evolution.

"They're not as good as the last ones--they're better," Wartortle finished.  "Without my glasses, I was an incomplete turtle, a eunuch, but, you, my dear, dear friend.  You have remanned me!"  He looked like he was about to completely break down.

"Dibs, notexplainingthat," Sadic called.  ((Pikachu's OC ship.  Other fic-author's fault.  He dealt the hand, it's only my fault for playing it.))

"Dad, what'sa yoo-nick?" Denji asked, as if on cue. 

"Uh," said Pikachu.  "Not going there now.  Maybe later."

"Charizard," Wartortle declaimed, "you are a master glassworker!  Yours is the flame that will PIERCE THE HEAVENS!" and finally did break down sobbing.

An awkward moment passed. 

"How 'bout now?" Denji  asked.  "It's later."

^^ Perhaps I don't watch enough Poke'mon / Anime, or read enough fanfics, because I'm afraid I only caught one refrence- Pierce the Heavens. Which, in itself was awesome. XD
This snippet is relatively funny, though the added characters of "Sadic" and Denji" did confuse me. Explanations?

EDIT: Read about the "beginning, break, rapid" and realised that.. I really do write a LOT of my stories in that particular way. o0 It's interesting to see that I have actually been subconsiously following some sort of pre-determined story-writing technique.. How interesting! *continues to read about Jo-ha-kyu*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:07:32 PM by Gilda (Saph) »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:36:43 PM »
Hmm, I have a problem here. I have an interesting scrap, but it isn't exactly PG. There's a brief, graphic depiction of a wound and of human ugliness. I don't think it would have much impact without it: it'd just be a stream of philosophical crap. I'm like that. XDD

What should I do?

Offline Saphire

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 09:07:59 PM »
Hmm, I have a problem here. I have an interesting scrap, but it isn't exactly PG. There's a brief, graphic depiction of a wound and of human ugliness. I don't think it would have much impact without it: it'd just be a stream of philosophical crap. I'm like that. XDD

What should I do?

^^ Throw it in as a spolier. That way, those of us who aren't really afraid of what we read can indulge, and those who don't want to don't have to. Again, the submissions should try to be as PG as possible- AKA, no lemons, limes, or citrus-y fruit of that particular ilk allowed, as well as REALLY graphic stuffs.. But you've set up your disclaimer, so it should be fine. We're all (relative) adults here, right? =P

(Also, if you have something that you'd just like me to personally skim through, I always enjoy reading and my PM box is open. ^^ As a warning, I don't really enjoy lemons or limes though. =P)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 10:23:31 PM »
Nah, it isn't all that bad. XP Well it might be all kinds of bad, but not as in TOO graphic. XD But still: If you do not want to read disturbing bloody brief doom near the beginning, do not read this vague weird drabble. XD

I'm lying here in a pool of my own blood, a giant hole blown out where my heart should be. My left breast is carved up like a Thanksgiving turkey, the word "****" written under it. I've probably been raped at least once, but I honestly don't care. I didn't expect any less, and the pain turns my world into a meaningless haze. I can't figure out for the life of me why I'm so conscious in here: my mind should be gibberish by now. Maybe that's how death works: in the end you're trapped with either God or yourself. That's how I came to understand it.

They don't hate me, not really. They're simply taking it out on me because I'm a convenient target. A target for all their pain and rage, a representation of all that is "wrong" with the old way of things. Human beings can hate what they don't know, but only as an image. An axe murderer in the night, a prostitute gesticulating in the dark.

What did I do to deserve this? Plenty of things, horrible things. I can't say that I'd do it all again without regrets: my regrets were awful. But I also can't say I'd do anything else. I did what I had to do in order to preserve who I was. To do otherwise would be to die.

It's gone so far that there's not much left of me: the Taint on my mind. I only have hints of the life I used to lead, a childhood and a responsibility. How could I have let it all go for a desperate dream? There were so many other things that mattered, and now every last one is dead.

Maybe I should tell you. Tell you how I came to this point and why I'd do it again.

Good and Evil: a repressive dichotomy created by an egotistical race. There is only us: we are good and bad, saints and sinners, redeemers and destroyers all. Not one of us is missing either aspect. We just pretend we can't see it inside us, and that we can make it just go away.

*Hollow laugh* ....fine. Let me tell you how it was.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 09:45:27 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline wildweathel

• Werret of Portland
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »
Ooh, chilly..

If that's the hook for a story, I have to say I'm hooked.

In my messed up opinion, it could actually stand to be a touch more visceral. Mayhap mix up the monologue and description.

Kony 2012
arrest the worst

Offline Saphire

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:02 AM »
What Weathel said. ^^

I actually really enjoy the philosophical tone it has, and I have to wonder WHAT circumstances would lead someone to choose this particular way of life.. However, since I have enough of a time staying away from that sort of thing in my non-fiction life, I do try to stay away from severe situations such as this one. > >; (I've convinced several friends out of suicide and such.. This kind of reading isn't really my cup of tea.> >; )  HOWEVER. To each his own, (or her own) and I really do have'ta say that I like it. ^^ Morbid and dark though it may be, it pulls a reader like myself in to at least question "How and Why?" which is great. ^^

=P Expounding on this would be awesome, and currently, if I were to wager a guess as to what the book/fic might contain in it's pages, it would lead me to a story of a (Girl?) struggling with the life she was laid out, turning instead to a life that was slandered and ridiculed.. And then forced to live with the horrors and people therin.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 10:02:18 AM »
Part of this was my speculation on the "good" revolutionary army, coming in all noble and fresh-faced as they slay the tyrannical evil that has apparently plagued them. How can it be that every last member of a group has good intentions, like the Riders of Rohan or something? xD In my own opinion, that's ridiculous. I know humanity a little too well. People who are miserable and repressed have this habit of taking out their misery on others, sometimes others who are simply similar to or connected to whom they really hate. This is how the bloody purges during the French Revolution happened.

So being me, I figured there would be a few forgotten, nasty, ignoble deaths. I do know what's supposed to be going on here, though. ;)

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 10:28:38 AM »
Revolutionaries overthrowing the Moose and the Snake? Come on, it's not impossible. I can imagine that sort of thing pretty easily. We always make them such good guys, that I want try write something in that vein, too. Something in which I get to play with the worst of their personalities, and their weaknesses...

Ah, the regrets of another life lost in this bloody revolution. I need to hear more! Details, details!

Just what is the force behind this revolution? At first I'd say moralist or religious, but then I wonder if it is irrelevant to this woman, and she's just another victim, killed by something so simple as human prejudice? "Destroy them all", even the innocent?

But, you implied that she was targeted for many reasons, her actions among them. Hmmm... Again, an excellent hook. I'm game for more~
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:41:34 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
((I have another blurb for you, members of the board. This one is...considerably more personal, though that one was too. These being fragments of thought and emotion a writer seeks to express. Pyre will recognize it for what it is. No one else will. But either way, make what you will of it. ;)  ))

There are a few images that day to day, we carry with us. The things that are precious, the things that matter, in a form that only we understand. One of these is our own happiest place: either the real or impossible moment in which everything is right and nothing can change. I have had a strange life, one with no doubt as many twists and turns as your own. Perhaps as we create fragments of ourselves to do battle, our Creator does the same with us. All the same....

Mine is a vast field of green, new clovers plunging out of its depths with fresh dew still clinging to them. In the area closest to the sun, yellow flowers dot its edges. Behind the field lies a vast and deep forest, the contents of which are vague even to those who reach this place. No one crosses the border and no one seeks to: the land is bucolic and eternal, as are the best of dreams.

Running through it are two lovers, wide smiles on their faces. They tumble through the tall grass without a care in the world, even though one of them happens to be allergic to pollen. One momentarily straddles the other, looking down upon them as if nothing else mattered. They lie often in this place together, talking of nothing and of everything. The small things in a relationship, the meaningless conversations and the odd habits, are what you are loved for.

Here is fleeting perfection, here is Paradise. Here is what can never be, a contentment impossible in a chaotic world. When their love is not simple ease it is poison, running through them both at the worst of times. One of the two is very powerful and feared, which makes many such pleasures all but fairy tales for the weak-minded. Yet still the dream lingers, the dream that one day there will be a time when people are free of their titles and obligations. When human beings hold no illusions and tell no lies about one another. This wish causes them both great pain, one lover trying to bring the dream into reality and the other looking on in sorrow.

The dance of a relationship may seem incomprehensible to others. Sometimes the two lovers will even lose sight of their love for one another. But know that no matter what they are doing, the beauty of that field lies inside them.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2011, 01:42:01 AM »
((This next one is actually something of a fan fiction, though I'm deliberately removing specific references to character identities to see if you can guess what I'm basing it off. It's not that hard. :D All characters belong to their respective owners. ;3 It came into my head suddenly, but I have to express it. :3 ))

The young boy moved aimlessly through the darkened, warped halls. He may have become a man by now. An old, embittered man better described his mindset. But he had been made with the mannerisms of a child, even if he didn't look like one: impulsive, innocent, filled with promise and mischief equally balanced. The boy chuckled at the thought: he had been filled with such hope. Until the day politics beyond his imagination sent him into obscurity and his younger brother into the height of fame. He gritted his teeth every time he thought of his brother, smiling and wide-eyed and stupid. He had all the luck in the world, and their father's love.

There was a time when he thought he might have had a second chance at life. An entire world had been built for him to live in. It paled in comparison to the magnificent paradise his brother inhabited, but he had made of it what he could. For a while life had been good: he had friends and a lovely wife. Then it all came crashing down. An impossible monster had fallen out of the sky, granted a twisted sentience. The monster proceeded to destroy everything the boy had held dear. It was all he could do to keep the creature from wiping out every last one of them. The boy had no idea where the monster had come from, but it didn't matter. His hope was gone.

In his darker moments, he blamed everything on his brother. Everything. He shouldn't have even existed. It all should have been mine. I should have been loved. Me. At some point the boy collapsed in the twisted colors of the castle's hall, sobbing in regret and frustration. He had done this a lot recently. But it was at that moment that the monster appeared. After all that, the monster. The representation of everything he hated. His nemesis. He didn't know how: it was probably using one of its minions.

There was something different about the monster today, however. The boy's ears pricked, listening to the dripping of the monster's half-formed body. For one thing, it seemed to be trying to mimic a specific shape. The monster never did this precisely right, and where it had gotten the idea or even the skill was baffling. It looked vaguely like the same type of creature his father had been. Something had shifted in that room. But whatever was happening didn't matter. The boy prepared himself for a fight.

"Lost and alone," spoke the monster's frightening, rasping voice. "Dreaming of what should have been and what can be again. We both are, in truth. Except I never even had a life. You're lucky."

"What do you want?" muttered the boy, crossing his arms. "Get out of here. I sealed you. Only your shadows are left. You can't hurt us anymore."

"I don't really want to hurt you," said the monster with a twisted grin. "We might be able to help one another. After all, we both want the same thing: a way out of this tiny world. A way back to your home. And there's only one way out, after all: you need a Heart."

The boy scoffed at the monster, almost laughing. "And I suppose you have some idea where we could get one? You can only find one outside this world, and neither of us can even get there."

The monster's eyes lit up with a knowing look. "....well I don't have to leave. I could just...reach outward. I have..." The monster frowned. "...fragmented memories of my birth. One of them says a person with a Heart we could steal is very much nearby. I think you could pull some strings and find a way to remove a Heart, hmm?"

"What would I get out of that arrangement, exactly?" said the boy with a sarcastic look, putting his hands on his hips. The monster was making even less sense than usual. "You'd take the Heart from him yourself and I'd be left in your wake in a ruined world. I call bull. I'm not taking your deal."

The monster's grin suddenly became far deeper and nastier, the murky blackness that made it up very nearly boiling. "Revenge. Sweet, ever-loving cold revenge for your pain. Revenge against the brother that brought you into this hell. Now isn't that worth my triumph?"

The boy's eyes widened in surprise. He glanced off, an odd look of remorse mixed with bitterness on his face. "I'm listening."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
(Man, why am I the only person who writes useless creative fragments? Well, here's another one. Warning: This story might contain bloody stuff, and contains homosexuality. I shouldn't have to mention that, but this isn't a perfect society. Ignore the extra line. XD I'm posting this on a Kindle.)

I am the man who sold the world.

I am the person who watched as the rebels dropped, a red hole in their skulls. I am the person who told the Primarch's forces where to find their nest. I stood there when it burned, the last remnants of our culture. The hope of a million people, so many ashes drifting away. The furnaces that day smelled like fresh meat.

I did it because of one man, one soldier in the army. I remember the carefree days we spent in the woods, laughing and dreaming. I remember the taste of his kiss, the scent of his body. I remember the poetry he read and couldn't stand. I knew he was surly without his coffee and manic with it. I knew his favorite color was sea blue and his hand twitched when he was worried. I loved him with all my heart. For this did I sell the world.

You can judge me all you want, maggots. With your eyes condemn me in the streets. With your heart curse Belpheron's name. But let me put your loved ones in danger, rip out their guts, ruin their lives. And you try to tell me you wouldn't do the same.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 09:28:37 PM by Shenmue654 »