Author Topic: [Req] Search user's posts in a specific topic  (Read 1886 times)

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
[Req] Search user's posts in a specific topic
« on: June 21, 2011, 02:32:59 PM »
With the new updated forum is it possible to search a user's posts for a specific topic without needing a keyword?

For example say I posted in "What I'm currently listening to?" 3 weeks ago and I can't remember the song name but I know I only posted in that topic 5 times (compared to say 70 other people's posts) then it would be much easier to be able to search my posts for that topic. Currently I would have to dig through dozens of pages to find my own posts in a specific topic.

Is this doable?
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: [Req] Search user's posts in a specific topic
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 03:56:14 PM »
i'm sure there is (or will be) a mod out there somewhere that could do that, but i don't believe you can do it now.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:52:46 AM »
You could always search through your own posts from your profile using the "Find on this page" (ctrl+F) function to search for the topic. But the amount of searching might be the same amount if you post a LOT.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
Almost a year later, still interested, has there been any news about this capability yet?
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"