Author Topic: RAF 2.0  (Read 7290 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: RAF 2.0
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 07:26:09 PM »
in all seriousness I thought it was 1. something because their was no new super features, just a new look.
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
On the way up the elevator I discovered that I could fold my wings back, like paper to fit inside my cloak without any obvious lumps. I kept them that way, as fantastic as they were I think I'd wait to suprise a few people with them. After jumping through the portal that lead to the bored board I saw a comfortably furnished room with a sound system, a massive TV, and bean bags as far as the eye could see.

The place was crowded but the room seemed to slowly grow as more people poured in. Next to the TV was a completely normal looking door with the word "Battledome" printed neatly above. I tapped Rukh who was still looking around in amazement and pointed out the door. Without a word we both started jogging toward it. Right in front of the door two boys I didn't recognize appeared in front of me.

One was dressed as the terminator, and the other one looked like Anakin Skywalker. The terminator said in a fake accent "We challenge you to a battle!" I stared at him for about 30 seconds. And coolly said "Does the battledome even allow two on two fights?" He seemed less confident after I said that. Probably waiting there for a while waiting to pull it on some nervous newbies. Then after a moment of silence in response to my question a sign appeared next to the battledome door that read

Games allowed:
1 on 1
2 on 2
3 on 3
free for all

"Hmm I guess we can do two on two. Anyway my names Blaze and this is Rukh. What do they call you?" The terminator wannabe recovered and replied with a little attitude, "I'm ArnoldSN and this is AnikenFan178. So what are we waiting for lets battle!" Without another word he walked through the door and disappeared into darkness. Before following him I asked Aniken a question.

"Have either of you even read an animorphs book?" He looked at me curiously and replied "What's an animorph?" Without waiting for an answer he walked in after his friend. Rukh and I grinned at each other. This was going to be fun.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 04:31:54 PM by newBlazingAngel »
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 04:56:38 PM »
Rukh and I followed our new opponents through the doorway. For about ten seconds we were walking in complete darkness down a wide corridor. Without warning the floor was gone.

Time seemed frozen as were suspended i midair before plummeting like in an old cartoon. I tried to pull my wings out of the cloak but they kept getting tangled. I perform pretty well under pressure most of the time, but now I was in a complete panic But I didn't scream. That wouldn't help anything.

And just as suddenly as it started the falling stopped. We were suspended in midair, floating in an infinity of darkness. Then lines started to appear. Green lines. Drawing items into the room. Chairs, carpeting, a high ceiling roughly forty feet off the floor. It was like being inside some kind of four dimensional etch-a-sketch.

Then color settled in. We were in some kind of auditorium, like you would see in a school. All the chairs were facing a large screen at the end. Near the front were Arnold and Ani apparently waiting for something. Then a cool female voice said "Please be seated, the presentation is about to begin."  Still stunned Rukh and I sat down in the third row of chairs. Almost immediately a video started. A young guy, maybe 19 was standing on what looked like a roof top in New York.

he was about six feet with red hair fashioned into a military style cut. He looked nice enough standing there with a grin, wearing a pair of comfortable looking jeans and a T-shirt. Then he started talking. "Hello my name is Phoenix, and this is the battledome" Ah Phoenix, he was always my favorite mod. Probably because both our names involve fire, wings, and flying.

He raised his arms gesturing to the city around him. "Of course this isn't the only place to fight in. Not by a longshot. You can choose practically any place, real or fictional, to brawl, in. This just happens to be one of my favorites. Here's a few more to give you a few ideas for your first match." With that he combusted. The guy was on fire, completely burning right before our eyes. Arnold let out a high pitched yelp. Tough guy.

The fire stopped and in the place of the jolly guy was a bird, It was if you took the feathers from my wings and put them on a combination of a rooster and a parrot. It was a tall bird about up to my knee with the same feathers that I had. The thing was beautiful, with glistening black eyes, a razor sharp beak, and of course the amazing colors. Then it took flight.

The camera followed the Phoenix curving at an angle that showed it from the top. We could easily see the bird in flight and the city under it. Then without word the terrain changed. Instead of an endless city it was mount everest absolutely massive, covered in snow and dominating a mountain range surrounding it.

Then it was...Venice? Yes definitely Venice Italy with canals running alongside the streets. Then the scenes began to shift real places, different time periods, places I had only seen in movies and games. Paris, Gettysburg,  Rome, Pokemon stadiums, The Hindenburg, and a dozen others. All flashing by as Phoenix flew over.

Then he was back in New York.. He landed on the Stature of Liberty and burst into flames again. When it died out the bird was gone and the red head was back. He smiled at us and said, "Now that you've seen a few places It's time to show you how your going to fight."
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 02:12:51 PM by newBlazingAngel »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2011, 05:22:27 PM »
If a mod is reading this could you move it to general fan fictions? I apparently had a brain fart that made me think that anything to do with RAF has to do with animorphs.

Behind him the city started to disappear. Fading slowly into a pure white room. Then out of the ground a wall started to grow. Higher and higher, pretty similar to the ones they have to hold tools in sheds. But these weren't normal construction tools, unless you were planning to wage war with steel girders and wood. Weapons.

Normal ones, like guns and hunting knives right next to the arsenals from video games, books, movies, and other stuff. Most of them had small modifications like a portal gun had a switch on the side, maybe to activate some kind of laser attachment. Phoenix started to talk again. "Well this is the armory. Rows and rows of weapons that you can only use here."

"Your allowed to choose two per match to use however you want. And when I say that I mean it." The screen switched to video of who I assumed was Demos beating goom with.....a bow. No arrows he was just whacking him with it. It cut back to Phoenix who was trying to hold in a laugh. "Most weapons do more damage when used the way that they were programmed to, but using them unconventionally can win you a match."

"The weapons will appear in your hands whenever you think about them so you can keep one a secret till the end, to catch your opponent off guard. Along with weapons you will have enhanced strength, incredible running speed, and the ability to jump a good thirty feet in the air. Along with those you will also have the powers that come to your persona naturally like even more strength or flight along with a few restrictions to keep things fair."

He paused to take a breath after that mouthfull. Man that guy has some huge lungs. "Also you will choose three abilities. Two normal ones for your fighting with limitations on how much you can use them so that you couldnt set the whole place on fire. And then your third is your.....special move." At that he gave us a mischevious grin.

"The special move was done simply. All your informaiton and posts were entered into the computer and it came with with a custom made attack that you can use by filling up a bar. You fill it up by landing hits on your enemy. If you don't like it you can make your own again with restrictions so that it isn't too powerful."

"Now that's all you need to know so get ready to enter the battledome!" He concluded.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
Then the clip ended and the screen went blank. I heard a whooshing noise from behind. I looked back. A door had opened inside I could see the same weapon shelves that Phoenix was standing in front of. Their was a half second of hesitation and then everyone in the room made a made dash through the door.

It was a weapon collectors dream. Thousands of weapons all hanging from walls. Each one unique and amazing looking. Then they started to move rearranging themselves. The shelves were sliding left, right, forwards, backwards, and all ways diagonal, until they finally settled with four shelves directly in front of us. Above each one a sign appeared that had our respective screen names displayed.

I took the name labeling to mean that these were the recommended weapons for each of our personalities and skills. As if some invisible force had commanded it we started to move in sync toward our respective shelves. Yeah the computer had matched me perfectly. Their were two gauntlets with a metal glove attached for increased punching power. I suspected what they were but I had the check to make sure. I slipped them on and said clearly "What do these do?"

At the question the PDA appeared again. It started to grow, stretching to the size of a small flatscreen TV. A model of the gauntlets appeared on the screen and a robotic voice started to list the traits of the weapons. "Assassin gauntlets. Origins, Assassins Creed 2. Weapon continued to be used in the games sequel Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Original traits, an eight inch blade in each gauntlet, small firearm in left gauntlet with six bullets, poison pouch in left gauntlet which weakens opponents and slows reflexes."

"New features," It continued. "a 24 inch blade above the wrist on  the left gauntlet. Recommended for user due to interest in series." It concluded. After that the TV disappeared. I was definetilly keeping these puppies, even if they couldn't launch poison darts like in the game. After scanning a bit more I picked up a bow and a quiver of fifteen arrows, give or take. Beung the kind of guy that doesn't like to waste ammo I asked "Are the arrows retrievable?"

Since this was kind of a small question the PDA didn't appear instead a thought speak voice like in Animorphs simply said <Yes.> OK I had my equipment. I saw a small area in the corner of the shelf that read "attatchments". I headed over there. On a small table was a series of labeled modifications for each weapon. For the Assassin Gauntlets their were only three. A small packet of darts, probably poisoned, extra ammo for the gun, and a hookblade attatchment for one of the hidden blades.

The hookblade was supposed to be mainly for te purpose of faster climbing but I had wings so I dismissed that right away. After some brief thikning I chose the darts. The bullets were usefull but that was already ranged, and if arnold or ani chose to use ranged weapons a poisoned blade wouldn't help much. After I picked it up the other gear dissapeared, but the attatchments for the bow didn't so I guess that means one per weapon.

For the bow I saw a slightly larger bow, probably for greater power and longer distance shooting. There was slo a compound one, smaller for less range but more acuracy. Finally their was a small card that said "Five arrows have explosive tips" Without any hesitation I chose that and then headed over to check on Rukh.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:44:35 PM by newBlazingAngel »

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 08:32:12 PM »
Rukh had some interesting choices. Probably because he can change into almost anything that he could imagine. The weapons on the wall were all about power. Next to each other were a Sparta cannon and a belt full of plasma grenades, both from Halo.

He was duel-wielding portal guns. One had a bright orange symbol and the other had a blue one. I also saw what looked like a flamethrower underbelly. The other one had something I didn't recognize attached, looked like a laser, maybe had something to do with ice. Rukh was looking at the expanded PDA the same why I was before the TV disappeared and he was apparently satisfied with what he had learned so he headed over to the attachments without replacing the weapons.

He apparently heard me cyber breathing because he turned around and gave me a big smile. "He Blaze, check this thing out!" He handed the orange portal gun to me and I started to examine it more closely. The flamethrow had a few buttons along the bottom. When I pressed one a small click sounded from the front.

After a brief search I saw that a nozzle had gone over over the oil barrel. Maybe for less spread in the flames? Another button press and some kind of tube went over. Their was also a whirring noise inside. I would ask him about that later. I handed it to him as he began to show me his attachment. It was another card that said "Both guns shoot two portals"

Oh that would be plenty usefull. The portal guns seemed to be pretty good weapons. "What else did you get?" I asked him. 'I got this thing called the death machine. It's this massive gun that shoots bullets bigger than your head!" He smiled enthusiastically. Yeah in this fight he was definitely going to be the powerhouse of this due. That left me strategy, which my weapons were perfect for. "Now let's talk strategy." I said seriously.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 04:54:28 PM »
Should I continue to write this because if nobody is reading it I don't see the purpose of continuing the fiction. Its fun to write but it kind of feels like spam if nobody posts in between

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:24 AM »
Should I continue to write this because if nobody is reading it I don't see the purpose of continuing the fiction. Its fun to write but it kind of feels like spam if nobody posts in between

just edit your post and make it longer, or make 2 of it gets ridiculously long.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
Im asking if anybody wants me to keep writing.

Offline Mewmorpher

• A Real Gem!
    • Dragon Cave Resort
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
I do!
Do you hate trash cans? Is that your problem? Do you just HATE TRASH CANS?!! RAFcousins with Mythgirl. Wish you were here, Myth.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2011, 07:08:08 PM »
ok one fan is good enough ill keep writing this. I wasnt getting much response so I was unsure about how close to cult my fanbase was

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2011, 11:17:18 AM »
yes please continue!!! :D

Just remember, the Rukh persona is also a professor.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
I took Rukh over the area farthest away from our opponents as not to be overheard. "OK dude, if we can choose the arena I say we go somewhere that has plenty of space for flight. With my wings and your shapeshifting, dominating the air would peobably be a good way to fight."

He listened and nodded "That's a good idea. But where?" I thought for a second and responded "New York. It's not a closed space. Their will be plenty of places too hide if things get hairy. And my weapons are made for hiding." I said while flipping out the blade from the weapon. "Sounds like a plan." He responded.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »
Hey, if you need any help writing I'm here! ^^
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Well I want to know if i matched your personality right. So far does everything you've done seem like what you really would do?