Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 141777 times)

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
Re: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!
« Reply #930 on: March 30, 2015, 06:56:21 PM »
Not sure what book it is, when Visser 3 morphs the kafit bird and Ax says something (or thinks it) about being being worried that visser 3 went to his home planet to aquire that morph. Why would he be worried about it when Alloran could have had the morph before being infested? It always annoyed me.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #931 on: March 30, 2015, 07:39:11 PM »
The worst case scenario is what he worried about. Whether it was the only conclusion or not.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #932 on: March 31, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »
I got the impression that there was a planned subplot based around traitors in the Andalite ranks, but it kinda got resolved by #18 before it ever really came to see the light of day.  The implication in that book was that Alloran didn't have a Kafit morph before he was infested, because he was a later adopter of the technology.  Arisths were given the morph only after it became a regularly issued ability in the Andalite military, and Alloran wasn't one of those arisths.  Therefore, the idea that Visser 3 had somehow gotten his hands on a species native to the homeworld was pretty alarming.  There are a couple assumptions in there, but that was the line of thought.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #933 on: March 31, 2015, 08:46:05 PM »
I think he also had a morph of another creature from the Homeworld's moon. So there's likely some implication that V# had manage to get there afterwards.

I really don't know why an andalite would defect to the yeerks, except maybe they think being a slave is better than being dead. The series is pretty unkind to voluntary hosts.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline NickDaGriff

• My deviantArt
« Reply #934 on: April 01, 2015, 05:29:19 PM »
I had a theory based around morphing.  What if a yeerk infested an andalite in morph, and then morphed back to the andalite's natural body?  Would that allow the yeerk to maintain control over the andalite while its body is out in z-space?  Or would the yeerk's body be disassembled and discarded into z-space as unnecessary biomass?  I dunno. 

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #935 on: April 04, 2015, 05:26:42 PM »
Interesting theory, but one that would best be discussed in another thread. This is for questions that don't require actual discussion and have a simple answer (eg. What book did Rachel first morph bear? Answer: Book 7)
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline NickDaGriff

• My deviantArt
« Reply #936 on: April 04, 2015, 08:45:11 PM »
I was responding to the question about andalite traitors.  That is kind of a complicated issue in and of itself.  I was just saying the andalites would be able to screen for yeerks easily, unless there was some way to circumvent it with morphing.  I'll probably make a new thread for that.

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
« Reply #937 on: April 25, 2015, 01:35:06 AM »
Where does it say that Jake is Jewish? I don't remember the books mentioning their religions, but on Seerowpedia it says that he is Jewish.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

guitarhero01234

« Reply #938 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:08 AM »
I believe it's briefly mentioned in Megamorphs 3. Anyone feel like factchecking me on that?

Offline NickDaGriff

• My deviantArt
« Reply #939 on: April 26, 2015, 02:04:42 AM »
Definitely confirmed in Megamorphs 3.  He has an internal debate in the beginning, and mentions he feels like he has to turn in Cassie for her potentially treasonous thinking because if you're black or Jewish, you have to be extra careful to stay on the government's good side as a loyal party member. 

[spoiler]"Yeah, it would be a pity if some of the Primitives escaped alive," Cassie said. 

I shot a look at her. Had that been sarcasm?

She smiled blandly.

I had long suspected that Cassie might have slightly radical tendencies. A lot of blacks did. Blacks and a lot of Jews, although not in my family. My dad was a certified POE - Patriot of Empire.

Still, if you had any Jewish blood in you at all, you had to be extra careful so no one thought you were a radical.

I knew Cassie was soft-hearted toward her own slaves. But I'd never heard her make any kind of subversive remarks about the war. I'd always just assumed she was sentimental.[/spoiler]

There was at least one other instance it was mentioned, I can't remember when though.

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
« Reply #940 on: April 26, 2015, 04:13:08 AM »
Ah ok. thanks.

Offline skjaedigare

• hohejojsosanon
« Reply #941 on: April 26, 2015, 04:50:49 AM »
When i first read Jake was Jewish i remember thinking to myself, Oh! Of course! His name is Jake, i.e. Jacob.

Now i'm a bit older and more knowledgeable i realise not everybody named Jacob is Jewish, but at the time it made perfect sense. Haha.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
Hey, can anybody quote for me the 'dialogue' spoken by the Gleet-biofilter-voice in #17?  I'd appreciate it.

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
Sure.

Pg 74: BrrrrEEEEET! BrrrrEEEEET! "Unauthorised life-form detected." BrrrrEEEEET! BrrrrEEEEET! "Unauthorised life-form detected."
"Shut your eyes tightly to protect against retinal damage from the Gleet BioFilter."

Do you want the stuff after it?

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
No, that's good.  Thanks!