Author Topic: GESB: Urtahn  (Read 6429 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: GESB: Urtahn
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2011, 02:09:31 PM »
Ogreon shook his head, "No, but it can create coloring devices. A popular human one is lipstick. But I suppose you know that. If you want a hair job, your could replicate a Pigment Prism. It's really a simple tool.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
Ewa ran her eyes methodically over Van's figure, lingering a bit on his hair.  She wasn't smiling, precisely, but her eyes crinkled in a way that suggested she was going through some effort to hide a half-smile/smirk.

"Pants first, definitely.  And I think your hair would benefit more from washing than from dye.  It's hard to tell for sure right now though."
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »
Van gestured at his dirty pants, one pant leg missing after he had hastily cut it off earlier, and laughed, "Ah, so this one-torn leg look not appealing-ah?"

He nodded, bemused by her expression. Mm, the charm's working. Looks like I haven't missed a beat since the crash- maybe she misses my injury? Naaah, she's right; the hair needs washing.

Van pulled at the thick red wraps of fabric tying his hair, and ran his fingers over them. His hair was parted into three sections, with thick wraps keeping them neatly apart. It was a typical hairstyle where he was from, one a man would wear. It always amused him whenever people commented on how feminine his hair looked- perhaps because his hair was worn long.

Two long strands, wrapped as thick as power-cords, hung by his ears. One was longer than the the other, and Van has been told the asymmetry was "charming" once.

But, after hearing Ewa's comment about his hair, Van was now quickly and readily untying the wraps. Long red ribbons fell at his feet, as he tried brushing through his loose, unkempt hair. The transition from blond to purple tips was now very noticeable and striking, though his hair was also striking in its messiness.

"These replicator-nyahzi... Why not I make myself the pants, and then get clean? Ah, but, how do you use them?"

Van blinked at Ewa, and then over at Ogreon, hoping one could provide him an answer. It appeared easy, considering how quickly Ewa was able to completely change her appearance and clothing...
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »
"You simply tell the computer what to replicate. Follow me.", Ogreon said.

Once in one of the self-care units, he spoke, "Computer, replicate fur coat, long, dark red. Add furless patch, with Astrofleet Diplomat insignia."

The computer trilled, and it's smooth feminine voice informed Ogreon of a problem, "Astrofleet Diplomat insignia requires command authorization clearance 5 up."

"Authorization code, Beta-Chi-8-J.", Ogreon verified.

The computer trilled again, "Authorization verified."

The terminal hummed, and the blue energy rippled. A clangst fur-coat appeared, folded. A small ovalish patch without fur contained the rank insignia for Diplomat rank. Ogreon held it up to show Van, and then put it on.

Taking it off, he said, "Now you try. You can ask the computer to show you a holographic representation of what you want so you can get it precisely right, if you wish."

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 03:48:52 PM »
"Ha, I see..." Van mused.

He walked up to the computer, and nodded. "Hmm... slightly longer pants, maybe in a dark red... Yeanh. I know!"

The pirate looked up, and spoke, "Computer, replicate long pants, dark red with a black stripe down the outside of the leg seam. Made of heavy Gramidian cloth, like this."

Van paused, and placed a scrap from his own pants down on the computer. He hoped they at least would come in a proper size, since pants for Human males were tight on his waist and hips, but he didn't want to embarrass himself by specifically ordering women's trousers, either.

He glanced back at Ogreon, and then back towards the terminal. The computer hummed and spoke, "Unknown humanoid species detected. Would you like to be scanned for accurate replication?"

Van nodded, "Yes, Computer, perform a scan."

The computer scanned Van up and down, and then shortly after the scan, the rippling energy produced a new pair of pants.

Van grinned picking up the pants, "Heheh! The replicator-nyah works perfectly, chaa. I guess now, for my hair..."
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »
Ogreon signaled Van quickly, "One moment please."

He took off the coat and folded it up to fit back in the terminal. The coat rippled and glowed, and then vanished. The ship reabsorbed the energy and was ready for the next command.

Ogreon gestured again, "By all means, go ahead and finish."

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »
"Could the replicator absorb the intrinsic energy of any item?  Even if it did not originally come from the replicator?"

Ewa was wondering how such luxurious technologies were being fabricated... or who had the money and pull to actually employ them if everything was as real as it seemed...
Work is for the weak

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 08:47:22 PM »
Ogreon pondered for a moment. Then he replied, "Im not certain as to what exactly you mean by "intrinsic" energy. Have you heard of matter/energy conversion? That's what the Replicator is; a technological personification of the mastery of matter/energy conversion. Every bit of the item is turned into energy. So I guess the answer to your question is yes."

Ogreon nodded and watched Van to see what he would do next.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2011, 02:26:44 PM »
"Matter to energy conversion," Van mused, "So, I'm going to have to go the old-fashioned route if I want to clean up the hair?"

He glanced at Ogreon, then back at the replicator. He shrugged, "Nichaa, to be honest, I can take care of that back on my ship. Let's beam back down before we waste anymore time."

He glanced at Ewa, and sensed her eagerness to get off. Honestly, he felt in agreement with her; this ship was just a bit over his head, too. Matter to energy conversions, again, was a topic only truly understood by the Thyllians. Van hoped he wouldn't see one around here, though he was sure chances were high that they simply didn't exist.

It was weird. He wasn't anywhere near home. Perhaps a different galaxy? Maybe. He wasn't quite sure. Either way, repairing the Palkoris' Gravitic Warp functions was now top priority. That, and Van needed to check on his cargo....

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
Ogreon smiled, "I'm glad I was able to help. If you need help with repairing your ship, I can call my engineers down at any time."

He turned to face the middle distance, "Computer, three for sit-to-site transport. Beam us down to the establishment on the meteorite below."

The computer trilled, and a second later a hum started. They all glowed red, and then disappeared.

((Nice playing with ya. Ogreon may hang around you for a while in the bar.))

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »

Two red shapes appear in the Urtahn's sickbay. One is human, the other is Clangst. The red glows fade to be replaced by their respective species.

Ogreon spoke up, "Aides, help me lift this man onto the critical care unit."

Right away, a human and a Flurat walked over and helped Ogreon heft the man onto the table.

"What happened here?", the Flurat's chip translated the light-flashes it produced.

"I'm nt sure. He just came to the bar, and asked for medical assistance...I think."

The fllurat nodded and went his way. The human, Lieutenant Catie Anderson, stayed behind to help Ogreon and Vallav...

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2011, 08:36:50 AM »
The injured man and the strange creature disappeared from the bar and appeared in another place. If he had been conscious he would have thought it some form of magic. However the fact that he was unconscious did not prevent his brain from processing some information.

There is debate on wether or not the human brain can hear and understand and process information while the human is unconscious. Some people claim they have and others say they have not. Doctors both believe and disbelieve the theory, but have agreed that it's possible and say 'It depends on the person'

This human could hear and process the information, however some of what was said was foreign. What is a critical care unit? his brain wondered. It sounded like they were going to give him medical assistance though and that put his mind at ease.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2011, 10:39:17 AM »
Vallav ran over, "Not again! That fungus colony in the other room is still festering! It needs my attention! What now!?"

Ogreon dismissed Vallav's annoying banter, "This man just came into the bar with all these scars and things. Nobody knows him or what happened."

"I see...that is serious. Very serious. In fact..."

Ogreon interrupted him, "Doctor! Just get your medkit!!!"

Vallav , indignantly, huffed and ran off to his office rather comically. Catie laughed quietly.

Ogreon smiled at her, "I don't know why I hired him. I should've gotten a Parisae nurse or something, someone seasoned and polite."

Catie shrugged, "I don't know. It's kind of funny."

Ogreon nodded, "I appreciate that you can work with him this long and not be annoyed by him that much. Good for you...I on the other hand...", he left it at that.

Catie just laughed again, "Maybe you hang around him just enough to hate him."

Ogreon nodded with a smile, but was silent as Vallav came back, "Ok, what's wrong with this one?", Vallav asked.

Ogreon sighed, "Not sure. Why don't you use a s.e.n.s.o.r.?"

Vallav's eyes went wide, "Of course!", he grabbed a s.e.n.s.o.r. off a close shelf and began scanning the man. He turned it off, "This is serious."

Ogreon, "I knew that, Doctor. I can smell his blood. It's revolting. He's bleeding internally."

Vallav nodded, "I'll get right to work."

He pulled out a tissue regenerator and a epidermal x-ray device...

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2011, 10:55:36 AM »
Although the human was still unconscious his brain continued to absorb information. He heard someone yelling at a doctor and then someone or something running. He then heard a female voice and what sounded like the creature that had brought him here talking to each other. He heard a new voice and from what they were saying this new voice was the doctor. The doctor seemed to think his condition was serious.

His thinking at this point became erratic. He seemed to be reliving the nightmares again, but these nightmares had actually happened to him. The countless battles, the deaths of enemy and comrade played over and over. "So sorry" he mumbled barely audible as a whisper. "He'll die." he again mumbled barely audible. "Baal" he mumbled a final time before falling silent.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2011, 10:13:13 AM »
Ogreon, Vallav and Anderson looked at each other.

Ogreon spoke hesitantly, "You just heard him say something, right?"

Catie nodded, "Yep. I know I did."

Vallav, "I distinctly heard it. He said, 'So sorry, he'll die. Baal.'"

Ogreon looked to them both, "What could that mean?"

Vallav shrugged, "I couldn't care less. I have a fungus colony growing in the back room. I'll patch up his arteries, and fix his skin, and then I'm done. Im only doing minor injuries today, Captain, and --"

"Jella!? Patient, Doctor, the Patient! Just get it done, you standing there talking isnt helping any!"

Vallav once again put an indignant face on and got to work fixing the man's internal bleeding. He used an arterial cellular regenerator to stimulate, even if unnatural, the regeneration of cells to fix up and artery that was bleeding. But there were 4 arteries bleeding internally...Vallav knew these were the most important injuries on the man, and so did them first. Within 2 minutes his arteries were all patched up, and Vallav began to work on his skin.

Ogreon retrieved a hypospray of expergesene to wake up the man. He injected the expergesene in through his neck. If he was a normal humanoid it would take only a few seconds to kick in.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 10:48:12 AM by Dark Master »