Author Topic: GESB: Urtahn  (Read 6433 times)

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: Urtahn
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
Ewa had never heard of this exact scenario before, but the elements were not unusual.

"And what is it that keeps you here?  Is this some kind of outpost?  I doubt you would have invited two strangers aboard your ship if this area was truly unfamiliar to you, or if you expected to encounter pirates."

With Van in tow, she followed Dr. Vallav and watched the table change shape.  That reminded her...

"Did you say there were replicators we could make use of?  I think it's time I changed."

And with so few humans around, I can probably settle on an appearance now without fear of standing out too much.
Work is for the weak

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:42 PM »
"Keeps me here? On my ship? Well...I'm the captain. I can't just leave. As I said, we explore uncharted frontiers. We spotted a fluctuation in the space-time continuum and came to investigate. We just got here. As for bringing complete strangers aboard my ship, I am a diplomat. I assist whenever I can in the hopes of making a good impression."

Ewa asked about the replicators. Vallav spoke up before Ogreon could.

"Yes! Through that door over there is a few self-care units. They have lockable doors, just press the red button on the touch-pad. Inside are two replicators. They are small, but they should be large enough to create proper sized clothing for you."

He looked at Van, "Come one then, come on then! I have a fungus culture just begging for my attention in the back room!"
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 09:28:35 PM »
Van blinked at the doctor, not sure how to answer. Thanks to Ogreon's rather concise history, it would probably be better not to mention his occupation. Maybe 'mercenary' would do? He wasn't quite sure.

He pulled himself up towards the biobed, and grinned nervously, "I'm Van Aldbaran, mercenary extraordinaire. And, uh... My legs haven't stopped tingling yet, and I know my right leg is either, ah... broken, or fractured. Oh, and I'm bruised, here or there. I can deal with those... Basically, I'm in a real mess, chaa."
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 11:06:21 PM »
Vallav looked at the man a little strange, "I don't need a resume mister Aldbaran, I take care of anyone and anything that's comes through those doors. Let me run a...wait, I think my universal translator is malfunctioning what is the exact definition of chaa? Wait, wait, I'll go get my s.e.n.s.o.r. And you can tell me when I get back..."

His long, lean legs carried him back to his office, where you could see him through the transparent walls on the small, semi-circular office. He plopped a glass sized object on his table. He pressed a few keys on the touch-display. A holographic image of a roundish object with a few actual buttons and a small touch screen appeared. Vallav pressed a final key, and the top ogle the device generated something that looked like electricity. From the electricity grew the device. It wasn't Replicator technology, it didn't look the same. Not the blue ripple and glow. It was a Hypostore((I think van may like this..:) ))

Walking back quickly, Vallav turned on the device and it made a soft beeping sound every 3 seconds as he scanned Van from a small distance.

"Oh yes, so what is chaa? Is it an interjection? Or a noun? An adjective!"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:19:19 PM by Cream-Rukh(Caleb) »

Offline AmberKatira

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2011, 01:48:48 AM »
((So I'm too lazy to redo the lost posts for Ewa.  Basically she was flummoxed by the replicator, got Ogreon to help her, was surprised it managed to make real clothes, and then asked permission to replicate items/weapons, which she got conditionally.  Ogreon just left the room))

Ewa changed into her clothes to give herself time to think.  Everything fit just as she wanted, and she kept subconsciously running her hands over her coat.  It is real, but this replicator doesn't work the way it should.... they must be using a real converter.... just tampered with the appearance somehow.... which means I could ask for....

"Computer, create a standard Paladinian shifter bar."  That would allow her to change her clothing as needed throughout the rest of this run.

"Requested item not recognized.  Please input appropriate information."

Okay, so maybe it was set to disallow anything that would not fit with her character profile.  Ewa felt this was confirmed when the replicator made her five small knives, a belt, the "phaser" weapon Ogreon had mentioned, some strips of cloth, a pen and notebook, and a number of hair ties.

Still there was something that told her.....  Using one of her knives, she made a small slice on her arm.  She focused on the cut, concentrating all of her physiological control on the small area, priming and energizing the cells for a directed changed.  Now they would shift to whatever she wanted.  She wiped the blood up on her fingers, holding her mind in a still balance.

"Computer, scan the substance on my fingers."  It complied with the same sweep it had produced earlier.  "Replicate this.  I want three 5 mL vials with replaceable vacuum seals."

And the computer obeyed.  It gave her something that would only be useful to a wounded Paladinian--to her specifically.

It's probably just a special safety net.  Look how seriously Van is taking his role.  It's probably just in case something goes too far.
  But another part of her was wondering if anything was what she thought it was.... if maybe she wasn't in over her head far more than she realized.

Still, she stored the vials away in her coat and went back out into the med bay.  She still had her own changes to make to her appearance, but she felt she had already spent too much time away and that they might be waiting on her.
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2011, 10:21:37 AM »
"What is 'Chaa'? It's nothing, really. Uh, it's from a regional dialect of my language. It doesn't translate very well into anything, but I guess the closest thing I could say is, uh... 'yeah'. It follows sentences, phrases... But doesn't start them, or stand alone. A guess."

Van pauses awkwardly, then grins, holding back a snicker, "But I can't break the habit, chaa."

By then, the dragon-like doctor, Vallav, brought out an odd device. It behaved like a scanner, and he had called it a 's.e.n.s.o.r.', or something like that.

Van blinked as the doctor went about scanning him over, "Heh. Ask me a question, so I get to return the favor! What exactly is that? Or, for that matter," he paused, and pointed at the Hypostore, "That? You and your Captain have been... uh, pleasantly surprising me with your tech all day long."

((Same post, edited! Durrhurr.))
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2011, 11:56:09 AM »
((Let's continue as if the warp never happened, lol. I finished fixing your leg, Ewa is changing, Vallav ran of and Ogreon apologized for his frankness.))

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2011, 09:20:15 PM »
Thanks to Vallav's rather advanced doctoring skills, Van was pleased to see (and feel) that leg was healed. The tingling sensations were finally, thank goodness, gone, and even the scarring and scab marks weren't quite visible. Van was rather taken aback by how highly sophisticated the technology was, but then he had to mentally step back and remember who Ogreon and his crew were: diplomats.

If there was anything in the world that had the technology and money to do these things, it was the government. A big, powerful government. And Ogreon was clearly a fairly important official, though how important, Van wasn't quite sure. Were any of the things on this ship common? Was this standard procedure? Van wasn't sure.

In the very least, he was thankful. Had Ogreon been an official from the Federation Van knew, he would have been more carefully handled. Perhaps arrested or, if not, just carefully monitored and restricted. But, then again, diplomats weren't very common where he was from, and he wasn't so sure how a diplomat would handle the situation. Things were too... dangerous where he was from. If there were diplomats, they were behind the armed guards. But Van's targets usually weren't diplomats, so how could he know how many there were, anyway?

Van stared down at his cut-up pants, and sighed, "Hunh. Guess I ought to go to that Replicator thing and get myself a new pair of pants."

He grinned, knowing exactly what that would involve, "Mm, chaa! And, Ewa would be there. Guess she could tell me how those things work, nn?"

Pleased with the thought, Van hopped off, and headed in the direction Ogreon had earlier directed Ewa.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2011, 10:18:16 PM »
Ogreon, not familiar with all human ways, stated, "I could probably explain it to you with equal efficientcy, and more fluidity if you prefer."

He slowly begins following Van.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
Van blinks, noticing Ogreon, "Nichaa, you too? What, I can't imagine you liking her like- or what?"

He grins at Ogreon, "Let me guess. It isn't that your jealous, more you want to protect her, chaa? No worries! I'm just getting a new pair of pants."

Mmm, but if he's interested too... Eh, but she doesn't look like his type. And him? Not her type either, I'll bet.

So what am I?! The go between for the world's most awkward relationship?! Eh, no way; that's not happening!

Then Van stopped suddenly, and spoke again. Except this time, his strong native accent had vanished, "Look, I've not been around a girl in a while, and I don't mean myself. You got that?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 10:51:45 PM by pyrebird »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 11:02:15 PM »
Ogreon stood paralyzed.

"Like her? But she's human...and I just met her. I was simply asking if you'd rather have me explain it to you. Ogreon was completely flabbergasted.

"Are you really insinuating that I enviously wanted to be around her? Or am I mistaken...?"

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
Van laughed, the strange tension between the two eased.

"Noh warries," he said, regaining his vaguely grating accent, "Just testing you, chaa."

Van started again down the hall, "I mean, she's hot! I figure, if she had gotten your attention too... Mmm, rilik-chaa. That's a whole new level of hot, yeanh?"

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2011, 11:46:51 PM »
((Oops, I'm so sorry guys! I didn't see your posts right after the RAFpocalypse! We can go from THERE if you want, but we'd have to delete these posts. I think it would be better that way. You decide.))

Offline AmberKatira

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011, 12:16:12 AM »
((I think this mostly works where we've got it  now))

Ewa pulled up short just outside of the med bay when she heard her name and continued eavesdropping with increasing pleasure.  This is how everything here should be: social and political problems and dramas.  This makes sense.

Smiling, she leaned on the wall next to the door and began concentrating on her new appearance.  Color began to bloom in her skin and lips--just light brushes of pinks and tans.  Her hair slowly lengthened to just past her shoulders and began to darken.  It would take a few minutes yet, but she'd decided on a brown with slight dark red highlights.  Not striking at first glance--she wasn't part of the main plot point, she was sure--but still nice enough.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 01:44:15 AM by AmberKatira »
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2011, 01:30:58 PM »
Van approached the doorway, and called out, "Ewa!"

Then, he bumped into her, and yelped. She's here already?!

"Hey, Ewa! Warn me before you decide to get so close, mmm?" He backed up a bit, and grinned, his voice softening into a gentler tone "Wooo... The replicate-nyah can do dye jobs, too?! Nice hair! Huh, maybe I should go fix my pants and then try a full tricolor hair-job, chaa."