Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195337 times)

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5685 on: December 22, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »
"Aw man. Sorry 'bout your wife, buddy," Smith replied softly. "S'good on ya for lettin ya crew go, though."
He hiccupped before looking around the bar again. "Ya know what's really weird? I saw this place fore I akshully arrived. And, like, I saw some of tha people 'ere. Like tha' one Annalite fella," he said, stumbling on the pronunciation because of his buzz. "R'min' me to tell 'im he's not allowed to even luuk at my timeline cause a-" he hiccupped again. "Heisenberg's Unshertainy Princibble. Whoo." He turned back to the bartender and had another silent conversation, resulting in Smith swapping another pile of jalapeno cheese spread for a pot of coffee. "F'ck yeah," he whispered as he drank straight from the pot.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5686 on: December 27, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »
Salem's first reaction, when Ossanlin suggests that he hang on to the Hope Drive, is one of disgust and anger- he barely keeps from snapping a curse at the Andalite- but it quickly subsides as logic catches up to emotion.

"That's... more than fair..." he says slowly, parsing the request out loud. "I'd be a fool not to agree to that. Trust for my own existence, in exchange for trust on behalf of the Andalite people." He laughs weakly and rolls his eyes. "Man, it's a bit of a different story when the shoe's on the other foot." He pauses, a small frown on his face, then shrugs one shoulder. "Definitely, I can do that. That's more than generous, War-Prince Ossanlin. I can agree to that." He straightens and gives a partial bow-- the move he'd once been taught to perform in lieu of the standard Andalite tail-salute. "You have my word, then, that I will strive to be worthy of the trust you place in me."

He laughs halfheartedly. "I know keeping the Hope Drive means that I might continue drifting. But in... in a weird way, it's become a part of who I am. Having the ability to choose... it's a freedom, in a way. Not one creature in a trillion gets to choose its home universe. In a way, losing the drive feels a little like the coward's way out. Admitting that I don't believe I'll be able to make the correct choice in the future." He snorts. "Maybe it's fear. Maybe I really am afraid that I'll never find a place for myself if I'm stuck in one little universe. But I like to think it's a reasonable, well-learned fear. I don't think I'm ready to let it go yet. As many years as I've spent in your universe, it still feels alien to me."

Salem stops talking as he thinks through what Ossanlin's said about Sector Seven. If it's as far-reaching and powerful as the Andalite says, it goes far beyond Salem's previous imaginings. "Sector Seven..." he begins haltingly. "If they have that kind of power... if they have those resources under their control..." the thought trails off, and he's silent for a moment. Finally, he sighs. "Another day, another adversary I'm underestimating." He looks into Ossanlin's main eyes. "What're the odds I could reason with them?" He sounds genuinely curious. "Or that... that someone could?"
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 11:58:12 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5687 on: December 28, 2017, 03:13:24 AM »
Ossanlin watches the expressions play across Salem's face, but is truly surprised when the human acquiesces.  He shows none of the expression upon his own face.  He cringes internally at the thought of doling out the blueprints to the Andalites' most-fearsome warship, but the deal had been made, and if Ossanlin is anything, he's honest about his word.  <<Very well, as soon as you hand the Hope Drive over, I'll give you a hyper-encrypted memory chip with the Mark III schematics.  Any attempt to copy or otherwise modify the contents will result in the chip erasing itself immediately...I daresay even your android friend wouldn't be able to copy the complete data-set before it gets erased.  It will also be set on a time-circuit.  I assure you the time-circuit will keep the data for as along as it is necessary as long as you don't try to tamper with it...but it will self-erase after enough time has passed.>>  He pauses, regarding Salem with his main eyes.  <<I suppose if anyone can find a way around our security measures, it's you.  It might even be child's play given your access to foreign technologies.  But I'll have to trust you not to do anything foolish with the bounty I'm giving you.  You understand that I'll be committing high treason by giving you any access to this information at all, yes?  I only want you to understand the value of what you're getting, and the idiotic risk I'm taking by supplying it to you.  I'm appealing to whatever senses of decency and honor you have left...do not share, disseminate, or sell this information to ANYONE.  Do not use it to undermine my people.  Do not use it to hurt us.  Do not use it for any purpose but the noble one you've shared with me this evening.>>

Ossanlin sighs, walking a few steps away from Salem.  <<I'll store the drive in a transphasic stasis capsule.  It will be completely safe, assuming it doesn't intercept a quasar or something similar.>>  He glances back up at Salem.  <<And Tobias...do be sure to bring me the actual Hope Drive...remember, I'll know if you're lying.>>  Ossanlin allows his main eyes to flash bright blue for a moment as a reminder of his capabilities.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #5688 on: December 28, 2017, 08:01:27 AM »
Julian looked like he was having the best day ever.

"Thanks," Morgan replied. After a moment of glancing back at the andalite being indicated, Morgan commented. "You know...I don't believe Andalites or Yeerks exist where myself and Julian are from."

Julian shook his head. "When you see people like us around, you'd definitely know if there were beings like that. I don't think they exist in our universe."

"Though with access to our universe becoming so easy these days. I mean, considering how often we've gone back and forth. I'm starting to get concerned about what might happen if those Yeerks in particular were to learn about us."

Julian stared at Morgan. "You really know how to bring down a party, my friend."

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5689 on: December 28, 2017, 08:54:43 AM »
"Mm!" Smith mumbled, raising one finger and pointing at Morgan as he finished chugging some coffee. "See, 'at's wot I mean. In my universe there's only like one mythical Minotaur from an old legend," he added, his southern accent fading back to be replaced by his odd mixture of Earth accents. British and Irish were immediately recognizable, with a faint undertone of Chinese that could be heard by someone familiar with native Chinese speakers.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #5690 on: December 28, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
Morgan scratched his chin. "I wonder if that story originated with someone from our universe that ended up in yours somehow. People like us are referred to as Myths in our universe. Kind of started out as a derogatory term, but we took it for ourselves. We still don't always get the best treatment from people. My wife's family was less than thrilled when they found out about us."

"Yeah," commented Julian after taking a swig of his drink. "Didn't her dad hire a hit-man to take you out?"

"Sort of."

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5691 on: December 28, 2017, 08:33:57 PM »
"I bloody well hope not, mate, my universe is just as prejudiced as the next, I'd wager. Any of your folk'd be treated the same, 'r like a sideshow." Smith shook his head with a sigh. "Maybe that's why the Andalites didn't help us out," he said as he poured himself another shot. "People suck, man." He punctuated his statement by knocking back the shot he just poured. "Tch, can't say as I ever had any hit man sent after me though, even though I thought I was th'one with bad luck with girlfriends' parents."

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #5692 on: December 28, 2017, 11:10:05 PM »
"Her family was one hundred percent human with normal appearance. Andromeda came from a wealthy family, so her dad had some ideas about who she ought to be marrying," Morgan explained.

"And it sure wasn't some 'myth-freak cargo pilot'," Julian interjected. "That's what I believe he called you. Then again, he called me an oversized ass. He wasn't very creative with insults."

"Long story short," Morgan continued, "we got married anyway. Her dad tried to have me done away with, but when that didn't work he settled for disowning her. Luckily for him, Andromeda had a sibling he could focus on instead."

Offline Declann203

• Bass Cannon
« Reply #5693 on: December 28, 2017, 11:22:40 PM »
"Ugh, the rich ones are the worst. Man, you would not believe the fit some folks pitched when they found out currency was useless aboard the fleet." Smith paused to drink once again directly from the pot of coffee. He set it down and patted his chest with a fist, looking pleased. "Ah, good stuff. Yeah, so since the colonial fleet was real hard on extra mass. Everything got left behind. So we trade food. And jalapeno cheese spread has always been field money for Marines."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5694 on: January 03, 2018, 11:18:50 PM »
Myitt waves distantly at Al, still staring after the newcomer.

"Guppy, do you think we should uh, head back inside?" she asks him blankly.

--

Jorek glances imperiously at Keshin. He eyes Yeden. Then he says, "What could you possibly have to show us that would be worth our time, turelek?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5695 on: January 04, 2018, 12:19:36 PM »
Keshin's expression is entirely unreadable. He ****s Joanne's head. "I imagine the two of you, having traveled throughout the vast reaches of the galaxy, and encountered more sentient species than I can even fathom...have seen a great many things. But what if I told you..."

Keshin walks at a leisurely pace back towards their table, and then meets their gaze with Joanne's hazel eyes. "...that I might just have something that you've never seen before?" For just the briefest of moments, less than a minute at best, Joanne's eye color seems much, much brighter, maybe a few stages down from emerald or malachite green. Keshin puts his own comm on the table in that same span of time. When Keshin takes his hand off it, the comm crackles and sputters, going dead. It sparks a bit, for a moment, but wood doesn't conduct electricity well.

Keshin clears his throat and coughs, expecting but not entirely thrilled with sudden nausea that takes hold of Joanne's throat and stomach that comes now from even this extremely minimal degree of discharge. Keshin grips the side of the table with Joanne's hand but maintains physical composure. Powerful anxiety takes hold of Joanne, but Keshin doesn't allow it to reach her body. Being a Yeerk had its advantages. <Kess, what, what, what the **** do you think you're doing?! Do you get what you just did?! Why in blue flaming **** would you ever---- You can't-->

<I can. And who knows? Perhaps they won't even have an interest. They'll think it's nothing, perhaps.>
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:21:44 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5696 on: January 04, 2018, 08:59:11 PM »
Jorek watches, smiling impassively.

"It appears you've broken your comm link," he says lightly. "What a strange magic trick."

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5697 on: January 04, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »
"Isn't it though?" Keshin says. The waves of disorientation cascade over them, but Keshin tries his best to ignore it. He's not doing that well. "A magician is...never supposed to reveal their secrets, but...I could show both of you..a more interesting showing. A regular phantasmagoria. Outside the Bar. Not in it." Keshin shakes his head. "Too chaotic in here to pull rabbits out of hats."

"Interested?" Keshin says, rather impassively himself for all the internal turmoil turning around inside him.

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5698 on: January 05, 2018, 02:04:50 AM »
Jorek glances at Yeden and says, "What do you say, old friend? Shall we allow ourselves to be entertained? A moment of letting the proverbial guard down?" He snickers at this, for some unknown reason.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #5699 on: January 17, 2018, 10:01:34 PM »
An amused smirk slowly spreads across Salem's face as Ossanlin speaks. Finally, he huffs out a halfhearted laugh. "I suppose that's about the level of trust I'm due on this rock," he says, half to himself. "I'd do a lot of things to get ahead, but intentionally endangering the Andalite people is not on that list." He bows his head to Ossanlin-- as he does, he stands straighter, and his entire bearing seems... different, somehow. More dignified, perhaps. "This means too much to me. You have my sincere gratitude, My Prince."

He looks up, ****s his head, and within a breath, his aura of civility has evaporated. He smirks. "Besides, I think you've found my ultimate collateral. I suppose I'll go grab the Hope-it-works-this-time Drive, then. Trust me, you'll know I'm not lying about this one."

He turns on a heel and walks out the open hatch, calling "You're welcome to watch, if you like," over his shoulder.

Salem strides across the yard towards his own impossibly black craft. As he nears it, the ship's ramp lowers silently to the ground.

"Guy on a mission, ho!" Al calls toward him from the treeline.

Salem grins, knowing this'll confuse Al. "Have to give a Hope Drive to an Andalite!"

For about three full seconds, Al is uncharacteristicall y speechless. Finally, he begins jogging after Salem, a look of concern on his face. "Wait, what?"

Salem comes to a stop about a third of the way up the ship's ramp and looks directly upward, at what looks to be nothing more than a copper-tinted metallic bulkhead. "It's kind of a long story, but trust me, it's worth it. We might just pull this off." Al comes to a stop near the bottom of the ramp, eyebrow raised questioningly, and the two of them stare upwards as the seemingly-solid bulkhead splits across the middle and sort of oozes off to the side.

Behind it is a tarnished, scratched, and even scorched collection of metallic-looking spheres and semi-spheres of various sizes and hues, from a huge reddish one near the center, to a fizz of silver so fine it would be at home on most beaches. It looks a little like a robot's silver bubble bath, covering an area that, all told, spans about the width of Salem's arm-span wide, and not quite twice that in length. From the 'bubble bath' run a number of... silver tentacles or cables, sunk deep into the walls of the compartment in which it sits. There's also a single black-and-white cable from the ship stuck directly into the center of the thing.

Now that the energy-absorbent bulkhead is out of the way, this thing pulses and hums with power, and the hair on Salem's arms stands on end. It doesn't glow, precisely, but it seems too bright for where it sits, as though it were sitting in a ray of sunshine. What's more, the energy coursing through it isn't limited to the physical realm-- to Salem's newest sense, the thing appears to be a... huge pocket of white noise... or a shivering, ever-shifting bright spot... a pulsing white hole of energy and... and something else...

A shiver runs down Salem's spine. If he didn't know better, he'd call that other thing intent. He finally remembers to breathe.

"I haven't opened that since Mar showed me how to see like this..." he mutters.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story