Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 98243 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
  • Insanity Meter:
    14%
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5460 on: March 18, 2017, 11:38:26 PM »
Keshin nods quietly. "We could use a break from it ourselves. It grows tiring, going from dive to dive, living out of a Bug fighter, never knowing how long you will survive..." Keshin smiles, as if shrugging off his own ennui. "But that's life. As for Myitt..."

Keshin shakes his head. "There...I have no idea. Absolutely none. I certainly didn't provoke it. In fact, we were having a completely normal conversation before she suddenly lunged at me and sliced out my throat. The only clue I have is..." Keshin pauses, and then points slightly to his left at the door to the Bar, leaning out with his head. "...she wasn't in Tara. She was infesting a stranger I don't recognize. I think he left the Bar, earlier. He must have missed the whole hubbub with Rathien."

Keshin then sits and listens to Salem's explanation of the job. He rolls his eyes. "Salem, I am good, but you still haven't---" Keshin startles slightly when Salem puts the cube out onto the table. He inspects it with his eyes, but it's a piece of technology just as inscrutable as everything else that Salem owns. A cipher. He waits, and his expression lights up with wonder as the device projects a hologram. Keshin pauses. "An Andalite outpost...." He murmurs as Salem explains.

Keshin's expression shifts from excited to quizzical. He gives Salem a questioning stare. "Salem, what's this about? Who hired you to raid an Andalite early warning outpost? Are any of the Vissers planning some kind of attack that they want to go unnoticed, or is it the data that they want? Or, and this is seeming more likely by the minute...are you aware of something specific that's going to be happening at this place? You mentioned the possibility of an assassination."

Keshin seems to muse over the diagram, spinning it with a finger. It doesn't take him as much time as you would expect to figure out the controls. "Hm." He zooms in on various specific aspects of the station, including security shields, typical guard patrols depending on the day, the docking bay, and several details of the layout including the locations of major terminals. He sighs and says, "...I think I could do it. In fact, I might do it. Although yes, we'd need a team. And I can't promise that I'd be in for the full haul until I did the job and find out what you're up to. Does that make sense?"

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
  • Insanity Meter:
    14%
« Reply #5461 on: March 18, 2017, 11:50:03 PM »
"Brain warping connosseiur is right!" crows Jeffrey, his voice reverberating with his glee. "I know everything there is to know in my world about Espers! I mean..." Jeffrey pauses. "Largely because of the whole, 'I don't want to get any crazier than I already am', bit, but yeah." Jeffrey grins. "I'd love to take you to the dome, Android Buck Rogers, if I had any idea how to get back. I don't have a ship. I don't even know how I got over here! One minute I'm---" Jeffrey makes a throat-slit motion with his finger, and then pretends to stumble backwards. "And the next minute it's Space Western with a side of pirate."

"As for the widgets, hell..." He eyes the marvel that is Al and the trader's ship. "I think I'll take you up on that. Although I'm loathe to point out that all I've got is blood, a key, and a freaking cell phone. And I might need the cell phone. I hope when I talk to your dork buddy some of that is worth something."

Offline Leona

• Insanity Meter:
    1%
« Reply #5462 on: March 20, 2017, 04:57:38 PM »
A pair of emerald colored eyes peered out from under the hood of a white and gray hoody as a petite human figure eased into the old, out of the way bar. A few auburn strands hung out of the hood down across shoulders with a distinctively female slop. The new come seemed to pay little regard to other patrons as she breezed by with an effortless stride, heading straight for the bar. Pulling down her hood it was revealed that the shape of her frame hadn't lied about her gender. Messy auburn waves collected and pooled in the hood hanging from her back as she slid onto one of the stools.

"I'll take a shot of your strongest liquor." She spoke softly once the bar tender had a moment. "That's not lethal to human." She added as an afterthought. She looked to be old enough for a drink, mid to late twenties at least. But then again even children weren't children in times of war.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
  • Insanity Meter:
    5.6%
« Reply #5463 on: March 20, 2017, 10:39:32 PM »
Salem frowns and looks towards the door. "Myitt took a different host?" He looks back at Joanne, intending to ask for an explanation, but her tone makes it clear she's confused by the situation as well. "You'll have to point this other host out to me, at least."

When Keshin begins inquiring after the motives for this mission, Salem sighs. He doesn't want to start getting in to all this. He turns to watch as first one, then two, then three newcomers enter the bar. All three appear to be human, though in a place like this, that can mean very little. They give the impression of being separate parties, but that may be an act. A distinct tingle of fear, and the usual accompanying excitement, passes through him. Whether they're together or not, every newcomer has a chance of recognizing him, of being another bounty hunter or a representative of the Empire, or of the Andalites... he smirks to himself. Pretty much anyone that walks in has a good chance of wanting him dead. It'd be absurd, that his life's come to this, if it weren't so nerve-wracking.

His eyes track to the blond man who orders a coffee. He frowns, staring for a few moments, as though trying to figure something out. The man feels different, somehow, to the new sense Mar'd bestowed upon him years before. His eyes flick towards the auburn-haired woman, noting the way she holds herself-- an air of unconcern masking an underlying alertness, a wariness that only comes of experience. Or... so he imagines, at least. It's always possible he's projecting his own emotions onto her. With a visible shake of his shoulders, he turns back to Keshin, who is now fidgeting with his display. Even as he returns to the conversation, he keeps one wary eye out for trouble.

He smirks. "Isn't it considered... like, a faux pas or whatever to ask too many questions about a job?" He sighs. "I'm the client on this one. There's a..." He furrows his brow, trying to figure out where to start. "There's a movement within the Andalite higher-ups. I don't have all the details yet. Whatever's going on... it's covert. Well-hidden. Tough to gather the intel on. Very underground kind of stuff. But, as far as I can tell, the movement is mostly about... about letting the Yeerks win. About letting the Empire destroy... whatever this movement decides. Whoever it decides. Letting the Yeerks do their dirty work. About pulling the Andalites out of the war, about putting their resources into defense." He runs a hand through his hair and looks away. "I... I don't know if I've ever told you, but I spent some time with the Andalites. Years, actually." He lets out a bitter, choked laugh. "They might be a bunch of arrogant, xenophobic, hateful, grass-munching idiots, but their planet... was my home. I care about them. Some more than others. And I'm not going to let some deluded underground conspiracy destroy them, or hurt my... hurt my friends."

He smiles sheepishly, seeming to remember where he is. "The plan will be to allow the station to function as a sensor platform while crippling its ability to act as a waystation for troops. One of the... er... kingpins of this little conspiracy is scheduled to pass through the station soon. Our plan depends on shadowing him effectively. He's also our potential mark." He smiles tiredly. "I'm hoping we can find enough information to stop this movement in its tracks. I don't think it's very widespread at the moment."

As the bartender approaches each of the bar's new patrons in turn, his response is the same. He sets their requested drinks down in front of them, never speaking so much as a word. Along with the drink, he slides a tattered, yellowed old notepad on which three words are written. Cash or Tab?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:51:00 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
  • Insanity Meter:
    5.6%
« Reply #5464 on: Yesterday at 10:38:47 PM »
Al laughs and rolls his eyes. "Believe me, you're far from the first person to wind up here with no idea how to leave." He shrugs. "People seem to just fade out from time to time. It was creepy at first, but you get used to it. The ones that come back later have usually ended up at home." He twirls a finger around his ear in the 'crazy' gesture. "Just part of the appeal of this nuthouse, I guess."

"Ah, young grasshoppah," He says, in his 'elderly kung-fu master' voice. "You have more to offer than widgets. You should be putting a high price on information." He grins and drops the accent. "I imagine Salem will be as interested in your dome and your mind powers," he wiggles his fingers beside his head in a gesture that he seems to think means 'telepathy,' "as I am. Difference is that you can make him pay you for specifics."

"Tell you what," he says, looking towards the bar. "It sounds like it's died down to a dull roar in there. Let's head inside. I could sure as heck use a drink." He spins on his heel and heads for the door. "I'll buy us a round."

As he walks, he cups his hand and calls towards the lake, "Hey, Will, join us inside when you're all squeaky clean! Drinks courtesy of my friend's bank account!"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story