Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195343 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5160 on: September 27, 2016, 09:49:15 AM »
<<Aw. Were these friends close?>> Jeffrey thinks. <<Or is it just a matter of revenge? Either way, if you want it, I can get it, but we probably oughta find that kid first, yeah? The other guys behind us seemed to have her in that ship they were in front of. Assuming that's still what you're up to.>>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh piss off Myitt," says Keshin, rolling his eyes. "We both know I didn't even know who I was shooting at when he died--- My target was that miserable little snot, and anyone who was in the way."  Keshin sighed. "....I'm going up to the goddamn Bar."

<<I've always wondered though, Kess--- I mean why do ya even care what she thinks?>>

<<I don't!>>

<<Y'can't hide that ye're flustered in my head, Kess.>>

Keshin pushes open the swinging doors to the Bar in a hurry and gets a quick look around. He notes the Hork'Bajir in the cloak with some interest. That wasn't something that you saw every day, and the pattern was not Imperial. Keshin sits down at the Bar and looks up at the Bartender.

The Bartender smiles at them unexpectedly.

Keshin shudders. "My usual, whatever you are."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5161 on: September 27, 2016, 10:08:05 AM »
Tara, who hasn't moved, reaches instinctively for the Dracon at her side.

But she doesn't draw it.

Myitt, too, is frozen as Keshin turns around and marches back into the bar.

She sighs heavily. "Dalik, are you still out there?" And she turns to peer at the hulking shapes of the ships.

<<I don't care about the girl anymore. I just want to get out of here.>> An uncomfortable thought crosses her mind. <<Or get revenge.>>

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5162 on: September 28, 2016, 12:52:03 AM »
Dalik hesitates, waiting until he is certain one set of footsteps are retreating, then steps out from behind the ship. "I'm here," he says.  He glances at the retreating figure. "Who was that?"

"Talkative, aren't we?" Terenia says, lifting her eyebrows at the Hork-Bajir. "Don't worry, I'm used to it. Most people don't like me very much."

She finishes her drink and stands to get a new one just as the door swings open. "And, that'll hopefully be Myitt, back from her wild goose chase. Hopefully she's found Tara and we can get ho--" The words stick in her throat as she turns, her eyes landing on Keshin as he takes a seat at the bar.

Her lip twitches, grip tightening around her glass. "You," she breathes, the word too quiet to be heard by anyone but herself. The fingers of her free hand twitch, reaching for her Dracon. Moving away from the Hork-Bajir, she begins to close the distance between them.

"Turelek," she growls, more loudly. As she approaches, she realizes her hands are shaking. Her cheeks feel hot, and the rest of the room seems to have fallen away. "What the **** are you doing here?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5163 on: September 28, 2016, 01:02:01 AM »
"An old friend," Myitt drawls sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Come on. Will you quit skulking around and get over here, please?"

Tara, ignoring Myitt and Jeffrey and Dalik and William, has her attention fixed on the door to the bar. She paces inside, hand still at her hip.

"You're, uh, popular here, aren't you?" she says with a smirk, sidling up next to Keshin and elbowing Joanne.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5164 on: September 28, 2016, 08:12:57 AM »
Keshin settles down into his Bar seat with a sigh, getting a better look around the establishment as he does so. <<The place hasn't changed much in a year, has it?>>

<<Kess, if a hun'red flippin' years passed I'm thinkin' this creepy dive will still have the same Bartender. And the same redin, even.>>

<<You're probably----- Oh you have got to be kidding me.>>

A chill runs down Keshin's spine as soon as he sees the woman who nearly killed every single person inside the Bar. Or, he supposed, his pursuit of her did. Keshin instinctively lets go of the front of Joanne's mind and Joanne's body tenses with anticipation. She notes the location and setting of their remaining Dracon idly.

"What the **** are we doin' here? The **** are you doin' here, sweetheart?" barked out Joanne, grinning. "Sure ain't to kill you, hun! We learned that lesson the first time! Never again are we takin' hits for a job we don' understand!"

<<Joanne, this might not be the best time to rub salt in that wound. Consider the other clientele.>>

As if to point it out, Tara appeared at exactly that moment. Joanne sighed. "Christ, what is this, the People That Hate the Bounty Hunter family reunion? I half expect Visser Thirty, even though he's dead."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 08:18:19 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5165 on: September 28, 2016, 09:56:39 PM »
Tara beams at Joanne. "Yep," she says brightly. "Looks like you're the guest of honor."

She wriggles her fingers. "Hello, Terenia."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5166 on: September 28, 2016, 10:00:59 PM »
Terenia's cheeks flush a darker red at the turelek's grin, and her fingers grip the Dracon more tightly. "Get out of here," she growls. She sets her glass on the counter, freeing her other hand.

She glances at Tara, her glare temporarily replaced with puzzlement. "What are you doing? Get away from her." A pause, then, "Tara or Myitt?"

"I'm coming," Dalik responds with a sigh, shoving his Dracon back into his holster. "Cameron is safe. She's locked on my ship. Your human decided to knock her unconscious." He gives her a look of disdain.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5167 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38:52 PM »
Jeffrey checks around inside the Bar from the front, from what he can see, and the new arrival who Myitt dislikes is surrounded already. <<Whoah, talk about being popular. Well, whatever. Look, if you want revenge, you're gonna have to get used to the equipment onboard, mmkay? I'm not all that strong, and I've got knives, not shiny Buck Rogers guns. I bet I could get her in the head even from here without her seeing us, though, if that's what you wanna do.>>

Jeffrey chuckles internally at the thought of blood sputtering from someone's brain as they hit the front of the Bar like a broken wind up doll.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Pretty sure Myitt's in some other guy we just saw," says Joanne, waiting at the Bar. The Bartender walks over, drops her drink in front of her, and leaves without another word. When she looks over in the next second, he has somehow gone back to cleaning his glass as if he hadn't even moved. <<It's like the dude has an idle animation that plays when 'es not doin' somethin'.>>

<<There was that smile earlier.>>

<<Let's pretend we didn' see it. Wanna come up to bat? I ain't the best negotiator.>>

<<Certainly.>>

Keshin blinks once as he comes to the front, staring out through Joanne's eyes. "Terenia, if you want to shoot us and make a scene, you can, but it's not going to be productive for either of us," says Keshin, standing up. "Why don't we just let bygones be bygones and have a ****ing drink? You know perfectly well that I would never take a hit on you again after what happened last time we tried. One of the nice things about being a turelek is that at least I never hold these kinds of grudges. I would be perfectly happy to talk." 

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5168 on: September 30, 2016, 05:29:49 PM »
Terenia responds with an incredulous laugh. "Let bygones be bygones?" she echoes. "The only reason a turelek doesn't hold a grudge is because everyone you piss off you usually leave dead." Her eyes flash angrily.

"You. Tried. To. Kill. Me." She enunciates each word, as if she must be talking to a moron. "You shot off my arm! Nevermind the people you did kill!"

Dalik peeks in behind Myitt and lets out a slow sigh. "That's the turelek?" he asks, sounding doubtful. Whatever he had been expecting, it wasn't Joanne.

He gives Myitt a fleeting, contemplative glance, then slips by her, brushing past Jeffrey and approaching the bar.

"Excuse me?" he says, clearing his throat, folding his arms over William's homespun shirt. "Hi. Tara, I'm pretty sure it's time for you to go back to Myitt. Before you shoot any more of my property." His gaze flickers curiously to Terenia, dropping to the Dracon, still holstered but held in a death grip.

"Right, okay," Dalik says, giving her a bright smile. "Hand away from the weapon."

"Who the **** are you!?" Terenia demands, grip only tightening as she takes in William's appearance, his long plaited hair and old-fashioned clothing a stark contrast to the holster around his waist.

Instead of responding, Dalik turns his cheerful smile on Keshin. "I don't believe I've caught your name. I'm Dalik 8755 The Prime. It's been a long time since I had the honor of meeting a turelek. Your kind don't come out of hiding often." He unfolds his arms and offers one hand.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:37:34 PM by Terenia »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5169 on: September 30, 2016, 08:26:21 PM »
"My human?" Myitt blurts. "Excuse me?"

She is still in a state of shock as Dalik brushes past her and into the bar. With a frustrated growl, Myitt follows Dalik inside.

Then she stops short, frowning at what has only become a bigger crowd around Joanne and Keshin.

Tara stares at Jeffrey. "It is still really ****ing weird, seeing her in someone else," she marvels, shaking her head. To Terenia she says, "Yeah, it's just me." She shoots Joanne a glare. "I can speak for myself, you know!"

She turns her scathing look on Dalik. "What is with everyone pretending I'm someone's goddamned lost puppy? I'm a human being, dammit!"

Myitt, lost in Jeffrey's internal visions of gore, paces blankly to the small crowd.

She clears her throat. And can't seem to stop glancing surreptitiously at Joanne's skull.

<<Don't kill them,>> she mutters. <<Not yet.>>

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5170 on: October 01, 2016, 10:38:10 PM »
<<The longer you wait, the more unlikely that we're gonna be in a position where we can kill her though,>> said Jeffrey. <<She's kind of a tough-looking little woman, yeah? Or at least she'd have to be to gain the ire of like, half the building. Best way to do it would be to catch her off guard. Or, you know, sweet talk her into the ship and have fun with her, but you already told me you don't do that kind of violence.>>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yes, the killer for hire tried to kill you," says Keshin. "You know that a turelek has to be hired by someone else. And in your case, that someone else was your twin sister. I have no reason at all to continue to pick a---"

Keshin is interrupted mid-thought by the sudden appearance of a well-dressed, handsome man. Keshin blushes despite himself. There was no denying that the stranger was nothing bad to look at. The stranger introduces himself as...wait, Dalik The Prime? <<She's dead. She has to be dead. That is what every rumor I have heard suggests.>>

<<Could be we've missed one, yeah? What, do you know anything about her?>>

<<...only that this one is gone, and Primes are old and dangerous. Sometimes they have peculiar ideas.>>

Keshin hesitates, but doesn't offer his own hand. "Forgive me if I'm less than trusting in a place like this, but well met, Dalik the Prime," says Keshin. "I am Keshin, let's say, 1568, the turelek known as Static Shock. Silly as the name is, there's a reason for it."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5171 on: October 01, 2016, 11:27:48 PM »
"Don't you dare bring my sister into this," Terenia snarls, stepping right up to Keshin and jabbing her finger at her chest, ignoring Dalik completely. "Don't you dare!" Her voice pitches upwards, shrill with her anger. "I should ki--"

The word is cut off with a choking, gagging sound, and for a split second Terenia is paralyzed. Then her mouth clamps shut and her eyes widen.

"I think that's enough of that." Her voice, furious moments before, is shaky now. Not scared, exactly, but certainly wary. Her lips twitch into a small, anxious smile and she takes a firm step back, dropping her arm.

Dalik drops his hand, then waits until Terenia's tirade is over before shrugging and addressing Keshin. "Static Shock is an odd name," he allows, but chooses not to comment further. Externally, at least. <<It sounds like a name from one of the comic books Cameron used to have.>>

<<Comic books? What are comic books?>>

Instead of answering, he gestures to the seat beside her with what is almost a slight bow. "May I?" he asks. It's only after he makes the gesture that he gives himself a slight mental shake. William's habits are distinctly more old-fashioned than Cameron's.

<<I think your assassin friend is endeared to me,>> William murmurs slyly.

Dalik blinks. <<I have no idea what you're talking about.>>

<<You're a terrible liar,>> William counters. <<I don't even need my abilities to tell your farce.>>

« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 11:51:44 PM by Terenia »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5172 on: October 02, 2016, 03:51:05 PM »
Keshin raises an eyebrow at Terenia's strange display. A slight, bemused smile crosses his face and he says, "Ah, so there's a Yeerk in that body now? How interesting. I didn't expect her to ever accept one of us in our head, given that we have given her nothing but traumatic experiences from the sound of it. You'll have to tell me the story later."

Keshin glances at the seat next to William and sits down, again, blushing. <<...agh. Joanne, what's wrong with us?>>

<<Renaissance hottie, Kess. Come on. Three rewatches of Ever After on Earth and you couldn' tell I like me the gentlemen in doublets? >>

<<Well we need to stop! We can't get distracted in a conversation with someone we don't know, who could decide to kill us in thirty seconds! That's also Dalik, you know.>>

<<Hehe.>>

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5173 on: October 02, 2016, 05:36:21 PM »
<<No,>> says Myitt shortly. <<I don't do that kind of violence. What is wrong with you?>> She sounds horrified, even though she had just entertained the idea of cleanly killing the bounty hunter only a moment before.

Tara's eyes narrow. "Oh, there's a Yeerk in there, is there?" she echoes Keshin. "I never thought I'd see you in a place like this, Fayleth."

"Maybe we really should get back together, Tara," says Myitt aloud in a sullen tone. "This guy isn't doing great things for my sense of pacifism."

She clears her throat and gives Keshin a little bow. "You know, even though you're an ****, I always admired your skill." Myitt grins as she straightens her back.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5174 on: October 02, 2016, 06:24:02 PM »
<<Honey, my daughter's blood ensures none of us look it, but I'm old enough to have a teenage daughter. I've been nuts for longer than you've been living. That's what's wrong with me. We've been over this. Plus, I'm pretty firm in my belief that leaving your enemies alive will just bite you in the ass later. Sure, I'm the Crown Prince of Crime, but I only look like I live in a cartoon.>>

There was a good-natured chuckle, and then a saddened, <<Believe me, nobody wishes I did more than me. Then we'd all play games forever, and nobody would really get hurt---- death itself would die. As it is, all we get is a cheap imitation. If we stay here a couple days, you'll see. >>

When Jeffrey heard the comment from Myitt, he goes, <<Leaving already? Aww. It's been fun, Yeerk!>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keshin smirks. "Many things dull with the passing of Time, but you'll be glad to know that isn't one of them."