Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195684 times)

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #5055 on: August 17, 2016, 08:45:03 AM »
Jeffrey contemplates this question. She can hear his mind thinking, as if it had never really occurred to him. <<...technically.>> Images suddenly spring into view of Jeffrey kneeling next to a man on the street, who initially seems rather terrified of him (Who wouldn't be, in that outfit?) but then slowly warms up to him. The two chatter on about various subjects, and the man in the image slowly puts down the needle. he was going to use to inject himself with a drug. Another image shows Jeffrey holding his daughter's shoulders as she screams and shakes her head, her eyes closed in pain, and she slowly calms down. <<If I want to, I can use my powers to get people to end bad habits that have been sabotaging their lives, or trick them out of post-traumatic stress disorder or anxiety or agoraphobia. And...>>

A horde of unwashed, thin, frightened children suddenly appear in his mind's eye, and are then shown fading into an image of healthy men and women in uniform. <<...the Dome is a hard place to live. Working for me, while it's got a hell of a mortality rate, does give otherwise hopeless people a roof over their head and food to eat. Most of my soldiers are from orphanages or homeless shelters originally.>>

A brief image of Void himself, wearing a black spandex outfit with purple lines running through where his nervous system would be, walking with a proud and certain expression on his face appears. He is walking towards the edge of an intricately designed white bridge that overlooks the city from a high place. An image of people laughing and talking and playing in the daylight, in an elegantly designed city, appears next. A teenage girl is in one of the images who is wearing a hoodie and a red plaid skirt, covering her mouth and chortling with laughter with a group of friends. She looks very familiar. <!!> Void's mind appears to shirk back from the image, as if trying to protect it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 08:48:12 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #5056 on: August 20, 2016, 08:18:45 PM »
Rathien stops in the hallway as Merc comes up short.  "Oh don't worry hun...they all knew what we were doing anyway."  He grins and walks past, grabbing Merc's hand and tugging him along out into the bar proper.  The BT doesn't even glance as they walk back out to the bar stools, Rathien only walking a little awkwardly.  He takes his previous seat and tugs Merc around to sit by him again.  "You decide what we drink now...something non-alcoholic though, please."  He smirks and glances around the room noting the absence of some of the humans.  "Well...guess the party died without us to keep it hot, huh?"
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5057 on: August 21, 2016, 03:14:42 AM »
Smiling sheepishly, Merc takes his seat at the bar once more. "Uh, virgin daiquiri, I suppose?" he says, both to Rathien and the BT. He locks eyes with Rathien for a brief moment, shooting the Ildari a brief grin, takes a look around the bar, noticing that there were a couple less faces there than before. "So, what'd we miss?" he says to nobody in particular.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5058 on: August 21, 2016, 06:16:37 AM »
Outside the bar, a battered old x-wing landed with a thud. As the engines powered down, the ****pit opened up and Hunter, the anthro-wolf bounty hunter jumped out. 

Landing on the ground in full superhero pose, he stands up and brushes himself down. The light glistening off the barrel of his comically sized revolver, he makes his way towards the familiar surroundings of the GESB as he buttons his trench coat, obscuring his gear from view, leaving nothing but the bottoms of his black pants, tucked into his big leather and metal boots which are covered in spikes down the front and buckles and chains seemingly everywhere.

As he opens the door, the hinges squeaking in protest, Hunter has a look around as he walks in at who's inside. As usual the bartender is there, endlessly polishing glasses with the same rag, a few new faces and he also thinks he sees Ossanlin and gives a nod as he walks towards the bar, his heavy boots clunking on the bar floor. 

Pulling a stool up at the bar, 'gimme a rum, BT. Been a while since I've had the good stuff' Hunter says with a chuckle.

As he is brought his drink, Hunter sighs and says to the bar at large, his ears folding back in relaxation 'Damn, it's been a while since I was here last. Feels good to be back, honestly does.'
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:39:39 AM by Hunter »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5059 on: August 22, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
Dalik narrows William's eyes, looking down at Tara. "We don't do anything," he says with a frown. "We wait for her to come back on her own. Anything else will just scare her more."

His eyes lift to the dark forest and he lets out a slow sigh.

<<I never should have left her,>> he frets internally.

William can't roll his eyes, but the sentiment is clear. <<You're quite attached to the little girl, aren't you?>>

Dalik is silent for a moment. <<I would think you, of all people, would understand. I know who you are. What you are. I can see your memories.>>

"I'm going back inside," he tells Tara. "You should too. You'll never find her on your own."

He turns to stalk back into the bar. "Besides," he says over his shoulder, "It doesn't seem that dangerous out there. She'll scare herself and run back." <<I hope.>>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #5060 on: August 22, 2016, 11:53:26 PM »
Tara's hand snatches William's shoulder.

"Did you see those feathered things that attacked us?" she demands, eyes still narrowed. "Those are out there. And worse things, besides. Do you really wanna leave that kid out there on her own, without a weapon? Because she'll be dead in an hour."

--

Myitt watches Jeffrey's memories in a dreamy sort of state.

<<Who is the girl?>> she asks, without bothering to sift through his memories. The answer was obvious.

She's so wrapped up in her internal reverie that she has to force herself to blink, to look out through Jeffrey's eyes, and acknowledge the quiet return of Merc and Rathien. She spies Ossanlin nearby.

And she notices Hunter.

An unpleasant smile crawls across her face. "I remember you," she tells Hunter in Jeffrey's deep dulcet. "You won't remember me with this face."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5061 on: August 23, 2016, 02:15:24 AM »
As Hunter downs the rum in one gulp, his hole body seems to relax that little bit. He hears an unfamiliar voice say that he knows Hunter.

He spins the stool in the direction of the voice, his full length black trench coat lightly flicking around behind him.

He looks the stranger up and down and with a shrug, quickly orders another drink with a raise of a hand towards the bartender and says with a laugh 'It wouldn't surprise me, knowing this place.'

'And you are?' He queried with a quizzical expression drawn across his wolf like face, his ears folding back, a mite apprehensively.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 03:40:27 AM by Hunter »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5062 on: August 23, 2016, 11:48:13 AM »
Still grinning, Jeffrey's body relaxes a little, leaning against the bar counter.

"It's Myitt. I've taken up temporary residence in Jeffrey, here." She looks briefly pensive. "It's, uh, kind of a long story." Again the faint tremors run through her. Oatmeal was not to be taken lightly.

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #5063 on: August 23, 2016, 01:23:54 PM »
<<Rosie. My daughter.>> Jeffrey's thought voice echoes breathlessly, as if taken aback by the uncomfortably intimate fantasy he had unwittingly shown Myitt. <<...you blokes can really see anything, can'tcha? People's darkest secrets, worst memories...most hopeless dreams. And we can't do anything about it. Well...>>

Jeffrey reluctantly appears to cede part of his mind to Myitt. This part shows the girl with red pigtails, blowing a bubble of pink bubblegum and seeming a bit irritated, sitting in a waiting room. The girl laughing her ass off on a ledge, trading quips with her father. The girl yelling angrily at him. The girl getting stone drunk. The girl when very young throwing a knife clean into the center of a target and Jeffrey congratulating her. <<...I'd do anything for her. I'd die for her. I wanted to.>>

Jeffrey shakes out of his reverie to notice the bizarre, wolf-like creature that walked into the Bar and that they're now addressing. Weird. <<After Skeleton Kid, nothing really surprises me in this ****hole. Who is this guy? How do you know him?>>

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5064 on: August 24, 2016, 03:33:23 AM »
As Hunter's second drink is placed in front of him, "Oh what?! It's been about what, 3 years or so?" He says surprised, as his ears prick up and his tail; visible from the slit in the back of his trench coat, starts swaying to and fro almost as if it has a mind of it's own.

Picking his drink up and taking a sip, he chuckles and asks jokingly "So, how'd you two meet?"

"But what happened though, are you alright?" He added, with a concerned look, as he unbuttoned his trench coat one handed, revealing what looks like a climbing harness over a grey shirt, with a whole assortment of gear; including handcuffs, his new pistol (a comically sized revolver think: nerf revolver), and a couple small sized ammo pouches, all attached around the waist, with more things unseen, obscured by his long coat.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:26:06 AM by Hunter »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5065 on: August 24, 2016, 10:23:18 PM »
Dalik freezes, swallowing hard as he thinks back to the dinosaur-like -- surely they hadn't actually been dinosaurs -- attackers. Small, vicious, and far too capable of tearing Cameron to shreds.

With a slow exhale, he turns back to face Tara. William's face is pale, his eyes searching hers. "She's never seen me in another host before," he says. "I don't think she'll come when I call."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #5066 on: August 25, 2016, 03:39:07 AM »
Merc raises an eyebrow at the newcomer, not quite sure what to make of the anthropomorphic wolf. He shrugs it off, figuring that this was no weirder than the Andalite in the room. He gives a small, noncommittal wave, trying to soak in the conversation.

"So, wait a sec," he says. "Lemme get this straight. Dalik is controlling William now, Myitt is in Jeffrey, and Cameron is AWOL." He raps his fingers on the bar for a moment. "Alright, I don't exactly follow how you 'Yeerks' do that, but whatever. But how the hell does Cameron just leave like that?" His expression slowly changes from confusion to concern. "Hold on, are those psycho ****ing chickens still out there? Please tell me you're not just sitting in here while she's out there with those things lurking around, right?"
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 03:59:58 AM by gh (Sonic Juggernaut) »

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #5067 on: August 26, 2016, 07:59:08 PM »
Tara huffs an impatient laugh. "If you don't try to call her, she's going to die out there no matter what you do." She raises her hands to her mouth and calls, "Cameron! Come on back here, kid, we aren't going to hurt you!"

--

Myitt blinks, distracted by Jeffrey's powerful memories of his daughter.

"I, uh..." She clears Jeffrey's throat. "Yes, I suppose it has been three years. Maybe more, maybe less." She shrugs. "I've been better, to be honest."

To Jeffrey she adds wryly, <<Perhaps we can both say the same of ourselves.>>

Myitt turns to glance at Merc. "Yes," she says carefully. "They're still out there." She pulls the bottle of red liquor closer, along the bar counter. "Tara will take care of it, I'm sure."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #5068 on: August 27, 2016, 12:41:28 AM »
Dalik winces at Tara's cry, then finds himself listening intently for any sign of Cameron. He holds himself still, barely even breathing, William's head ****ed to the side.

<<You couldn't have the power of super-human hearing, could you?>> he gripes. <<What use are you?>>

From the darkness the various sounds of the forest can be heart. Leaves rustle. Trees creak. From far off there is the audible snap! of a branch.

There is no response from Cameron.

"Maybe you're right," Dalik breathes. "We should..." He trails off, one hand patting his side automatically, searching for his Dracon. Instead he finds only William's long knife. "Oh, dapsen, she has the Dracon. And my computer and comm. This is a disaster."

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #5069 on: August 27, 2016, 03:35:26 AM »
Figuring that Myitt doesn't want to talk about it, he switches to the topics at hand.

'That sounds pretty crazy, yo. Everyone's everywhere.' He chuckles

Hunter looks past Myitt/Jeffrey to the Human sitting next to her. Looking him over and taking in his scent, he knows for a fact that he's not like the humans from his universe, so he gives a nod of approval and says with a laugh, 'Hunter's the name, and bounty hunting's the game.'

'What's this about psycho chickens?' He adds, his right ear flopping sideways and ****ing his head in confusion.

He also notices a strange creature with pointed ears and fangs looking in his direction.

He takes a mouthful from his rum and coke, and places it down on the bar.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 06:54:14 AM by Hunter »