Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195835 times)

guitarhero01234

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4980 on: July 25, 2016, 01:21:24 AM »
For his own part, Merc can do nothing but stare at Rathien. "Are you serious right now!?" he chokes out. He grabs Rathien's arm and pulls it back up. "Look, wait 'til we sober up enough to walk at least, alright? Maybe then. But right now, I'm way too ****ed up to even know what I'm doing."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4981 on: July 25, 2016, 01:28:49 AM »
Rathien chuckles and removes his hand completely.  "As you desire, Merc."  He finally orders another drink, a non-alcoholic one for his credit this time, one hand on the bar counter, the other scratching at his cheek.  "I would've found it hard to take advantage of your state anyway, seeing as we've sort of become fast friends.  Not to mention my own condition.  I guess it's been too long since I've had Miruvin.  Went a little overboard.  Literally."  He smirks again. 

"I like to tease, and you make a good target for it."  He injects as much humor into his voice as he can, letting the human know he's just giving him ****.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4982 on: July 25, 2016, 01:35:07 AM »
Merc smiles, finally able to calm down a little. "Yeah, maybe I walk into it a little bit. Trust me, if you overdo it, I'll let you know." Merc follows suit and orders himself a water. "Like I said, I'm having fun. And for some reason, I don't get any creepy vibes from you or anything. Like, I don't feel like you're gonna pull something that I'm obviously not cool with." He brushes his hair back, trying to maintain a sober appearance. "I'm getting sappy, aren't I? I'll shut up."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4983 on: July 25, 2016, 02:26:18 AM »
"Not so much that you walk into it, it's your reactions that make it priceless.  Kinda cute, befuddled, thinking you want to stop me while also admitting that you kinda don't want to.  Understanding that you're a bit curious...you want to know what it would be like.  Ultimately at a loss for what to do or why."  He chuckles.  "For being a hired assassin, you have a charming naivete regarding certain things."

"You're not one of my marks, so I've no need to deceive you.  It's much more fun for the both of us to make you actually want it."  He grins again before shaking his head.  "Rape is no fun at all.  Sex is so much better when everyone's into it.  And then there's the chase...the buildup, the excitement, culminating in passions running wild.  I guess what I'm saying is it doesn't serve me any real purpose to do anything you don't want or like in some fashion...though making you realize you want something even in the face of personal denial is a true art."  He smirks.

"No need to shut up, my friend.  I consider our conversation to be especially stimulating."

RAF Silverblade

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4984 on: July 25, 2016, 02:35:26 AM »
"I think you hit that one on the head," Merc says, nodding. "Nothing you said there that isn't true. Truth is, I've always been curious, but I wasn't gonna pressure Dani into anything at all, and no way I'd betray her." He takes a sip of his water. "Now that she's gone, there really is nothing holding me back, is there? Maybe I should just go for it."

Merc rubs his ear before continuing. "Sorry, thinking out loud. I gotta say, even if I change my mind when I'm not quite as smashed, this was definitely eye-opening. I owe you for at least that."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4985 on: July 25, 2016, 02:54:03 AM »
Rathien shrugs and puts his hands palms up beside him in a 'it's what I do' gesture before returning them to the bar-counter.  "I can always turn the heat back up if you start backing out.  'Course you can too."  He chuckles.  "Grief is something I choose not to feel.  It just seems like there's no place for it in my life.  So I'm not going to apologize for your loss."  Rathien sips at his drink and shrugs.  "**** happens to everyone, you either wallow or you move on.  I'm not telling you to forget her.  Just sayin' it ain't worth your time to wallow in self-pity.  Find fun in life.  Dump the grief.  You think she'd want you to be all hung up?  She'd want to you to grow, try new things, find happiness."

Rathien shakes his head ruefully.  "Gods I really am drunk.  This...this emotional pandering...it's not me.  'Least it didn't use to be."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4986 on: July 25, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
"Infestation by one of these Yeerk-things then," says Jeffrey, nodding. Jeffrey raises an eyebrow. "Is it really that bad? I...guess it would be, if you entirely lost control of your body and were subjected to an alien creature wanting to effectively wipe out your whole freaking race. In my case..."

Jeffrey glances awkwardly over at Rathien and Merc for a second--- I mean what were those guys doing in the middle of the Bar?--- and then back toward Ossanlin. "...while I can't say that I've got the literal ability to enter a guy's brain, it's pretty damn hard to get me out of it nonetheless! My powers implant hypnotic suggestions into people's heads, among other things, and convince them to act in ways or believe things that they...probably wouldn't otherwise. It's not all for the greater good or anything, but I imagine that it probably saves as many lives as I waste. I said a while back that the Dome was overpopulated, and that's...no joke. You talk big about righteousness and how mankind's devolved in my future, but..."

Jeffrey's playful, almost lazy gaze turns surprisingly sharp. "What would you have us do, when only the Domes are habitable as far as we know, and there's only one Dome that has to feed all several hundred million of us at any given time? We literally haven't got enough to go around. People need jobs and resources and things to do, and while our national past-time may be cruel...It's damn effective for dealing with that problem. My goal is to ultimately end the system--- But to do that, quite a lot needs to happen."

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4987 on: July 25, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »
"Maybe you're right, man. It's probably to move on." Merc rests his head in his palm. "But, god, it stings, you know? But I guess now's not the time to mourn." Merc moves to lower his hand to the bar, but instead decides to rest it on Rathien's thigh. Probably wasn't expecting that . . .

"And hey, that **** is strong," he says, referring to the liquor. "I don't blame you for getting emotional. Hell, I'm doing enough of that, myself." He smiles, rubbing his companion's leg. "Thanks for the drinks, by the way. I'm guessing you can't find that stuff anywhere on Earth?"

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4988 on: July 26, 2016, 02:30:02 AM »
Ossanlin nods.  <You're a prisoner in your own mind.  You can see, hear, and feel everything that's going on around you.  You simply have no motor control.  You can't affect anything.  You can't communicate.  You watch as this parasite rips open your most private thoughts and memories, and peruses them as if reading a novel.  You 'hear' thought-speech in your own voice deceiving your colleagues, your friends, your family.  You just want to shout out, to warn them or let them know that you need help.  But you can't.  You simply can't.  It's hard not to lose your mind.  You can wail at them, push, shout...'scream' in your own mind and they just laugh.  They shut you out of their mind.  They can do that.  They can keep you from invading their minds, but you cant stop them from invading yours.>

Ossanlin pauses, settling himself.  He'd almost lost himself to ascension again.  Apparently it could be triggered by strong emotions now.  <It's called equilibrium.  You produce no more than your environment can provide for.  It's basic survival.  If your people aren't intelligent enough to limit their production per their environment, having some sort of grotesque gladiatorial game does absolutely nothing to address the root of the problem.  It's like continuously treating a disease with amputations when you could simply inoculate the population and get rid of said disease forever.>

"By my thinking, it's never time to mourn."  Rathien smiles.  "Remember her happily.  You know, the good times and the good things.  And don't cry over losing her, 'cause you had some good **** happen and nothing can take that away from you."

Rathien jumps a bit at the familiar contact from Merc.  He raises his eyebrows and smiles, gently raking his claws over the back of Merc's hand.  He grins up at Merc.  "Well, seems like you're feeling better."  He chuckles.  "No, it's distilled and fermented from a mixture of fruits and herbs native to Ildiar.  It used to be served in bowls, but as my race 'civilized', they began consuming it in much smaller quantities and now only drink it at celebrations.  Thus it's become custom to drink it from flutes."

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4989 on: July 26, 2016, 10:37:54 AM »
Jeffrey looks almost squeamish, or unnerved, as Ossanlin describes what it's like to be infested by one of these Yeerks. His blood runs a little cold inside him, and he nervously grips the table and adjusts his position. He remembers Dr. Death's child--- Vance--- Grinning psychotically as he gripped the knife and walked in a direction he should never go with one, and Jeffrey wonders how close he himself has come to that kind of violation of another. Having regrets was a ****, and Jeffrey tried to have as few as possible. Easy, when the EBS was active--- Hard, now.

"That sounds horrible, actually" admits Jeffrey, giving Ossanlin what passes for a sympathetic look. "If that's what you blue aliens are afraid of with the Yeerks, I don't envy you. And I literally brainwash people every damn day. I'm in a lot of people's flipping heads!"

"As for the Game...The root of the problem isn't a thing I can control," says Jeffrey. "I never had enough leverage to control Dome policy outside my territory. Maybe I could have had that in the future--- I had a plan---if I wasn't almost positive that the whole Dome thinks I'm dead. I was dead." That fact comes back to him again, suddenly. Rosie's sudden betrayal. The Bogey's black magic turning off all the lights across the Dome. The gunshot. "There was a bullet right through my brain. I guess..." Jeffrey has a sad smile. "...Auto runs Draconis now. And I doubt he'd change a thing. Raiden maybe, if he's still alive somehow, but I doubt he can outmaneuver the Technopath. ...I have no idea how to get back home."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:41:10 AM by Shenmue654 »

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4990 on: July 26, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »
Merc returns the smile. "Yeah, you have a point. No reason I should mope around and ****. Maybe that's not how most people would deal with it . . ." he scoffs at the words 'most people.' ". . . But y'know what? **** most people. I'm gonna do what's best for me. Always have, and I got no reason to change that."

He gives Rathien's leg a subtle rub. "Sounds to me like your people are a bunch of stuck-up idiots. Sort of like them rich ****s that walk around in suits and dresses, pretending they own the world. . . . I can't blame you at all for distancing yourself."

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #4991 on: July 27, 2016, 01:29:34 AM »
Ossanlin shrugs and nods.  <As I said, worse than death.>  He shakes his head.  <It isn't for one singular person to change a world's ways.  We may do what we can, but in the end, it's up to the people to understand and change.>

"They are who they've become.  They have no respect for their own history, their own roots.  Every generation there are a few of us born.  Throwbacks they call us, simply because we appreciate our culture's past and enjoy what our entire race once did."  Rathien scoffs.  "If anything we should be looked at as the keepers of our history.  Sought for wisdom...instead they treat us as gangrenous limbs.  Reminders of a "savage" past of which they are ashamed."  He shakes his head.  "They won't change, and I've come to terms with that.  I'm satisfied with my lot in life.  Nothing to stop me from seeking those things which I desire."  He smiles a little mischievously and continues to allow his claws to play gently over Merc's hand.

RAF Silverblade

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4992 on: July 27, 2016, 01:43:48 AM »
"One-track mind," Merc mumbles playfully. "But no, I get how you feel. If everyone treated me like **** just for doing what makes me happy, I don't think I'd like my 'people' very much, either. 'Cept, if it were me, I'd probably make it my life goal to waste every one of them." He gives Rathien's leg a gentle squeeze. "But what you chose is probably better, looking for fun in your own way and all that. Honestly, I kinda respect it."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4993 on: July 27, 2016, 11:39:10 AM »
"You know," says Tara - or Myitt - in a low drawl, glancing over at Jeffrey and Ossanlin. She wipes her hands on a napkin. "We're not all that bad. For parasites."

Then she giggles to herself, clearly back in control and feeling the ins and outs of oatmeal and alcohol, both competing to seize her sensibility.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4994 on: July 27, 2016, 11:42:02 AM »
Following their shaky truce, Dalik slides into the shadows again, returning to a ring of holoscreens that

Dalik shoots Ossanlin a sour look, eavesdropping on his conversation. "You're certainly making us look good," she says. "What Myitt said. We're not that terrible."

After the raptors fall, William inhales a deep, relieved breath. "Well, then," he murmurs. Sheathing his knife, he glances at Mercer and Jeffries. "I'm afraid I'll have to continue my story later. Right now, I think I need some air."

With a brisk smile, he steps around one of the fallen, battered chairs, pausing only to watch in fascination as it begins to repair itself. Then he shakes his head, torn between amusement and uneasiness, and steps into the hallway, toward the bathrooms.

He doesn't emerge for a long time. When he finally does reappear, it's through the front door. He looks as if he's washed his face, and his long, blonde hair has been freshly plaited. His breeches are the same, though it looks as if he's attempted to scrub away the beer stain.

His eyes survey the small crowd, almost immediately lighting on the one newcomer. An eyebrow quirks curiously, but he doesn't approach Rathien and Merc. Instead he goes to the bar, sitting near Tara and keeping one ear on their conversation.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013