Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 195797 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #4740 on: June 30, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »
"It's obvious that not all these patrons are entirely comfortable around each other. I do have magic, and can get involved if anyone attacks anyone else, but I'm not one to assert myself lightly. I would rather no one injure anyone around me."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #4741 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:50 PM »
Dalik jerks in surprise at the Andalite's thought-speak."I'm no Imperial," she says lowly. She doesn't move her hand from the weapon, nor does she draw it. She simply watches through narrowed eyes, taking in the strange way he addresses Myitt, and Myitt him. Almost as if they knew one another.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4742 on: June 30, 2016, 08:00:42 PM »
"Because I'm going to buy another hit of drugs, and my best friend - the person I loved - is dead," says Myitt flatly, the rest of Ossanlin's admonishments washing over her in the haze. She grips onto the counter so hard her knuckles are white. "Please, Ossanlin. Forgive me, at least? I can't lose anyone else, not when...when I've just found you again. Just...let me explain why I've been so...so..." She shivers. "Absent."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4743 on: June 30, 2016, 09:20:01 PM »
Ossanlin looks up at Jeffrey with his main eyes.  <My stance is a product of military training and years of command.  As for the...feel...of this place, well it's a transdimensional crossroads.>  His eyes glow light blue for a moment as he probes the human, sensing something...differe nt about him.  But he lets it go and files it away, another subject for thought or conversation.

<Then we don't have any quarrels at present.>  Ossanlin glances a stalk eye at the other controller before returning his main eyes to Myitt.

<Alright...you have my attention.  I'm listening.>
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4744 on: July 01, 2016, 03:47:30 PM »
"Heh, figures--- The Forward Scouts are military, too. Derek was just weird," says Jeffrey casually. "...somebody's mentioned that before, that this was a transdimensional crossroads, but I still don't feel like I know what that means. As for you..."

Jeffrey gives Myitt a rather sincere look, for him. "...If this Visser really gutted your loved one, I can think of at least a few people in here right now who'd want him dead just on that principle alone. That's not consolation, but...keep it in mind."

Jeffrey nods and sits back down next to Merc, taking a sip of his drink. "Long night already."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4745 on: July 01, 2016, 03:54:18 PM »
Verdana was against violence on principle, so he hoped Jeffrey wasn't including him in those "few people". Though he decided this wasn't the time to argue about that. Myitt was in mourning, and needed positive reinforcement. He was glad she had a freind here now, even if they were a bit estranged.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #4746 on: July 01, 2016, 07:47:48 PM »
Myitt favors Jeffrey with a bland smile. "Thanks," she murmurs. "It is...a nice thought."

She sucks in a deep breath and sighs, looking Ossanlin up and down. The tremors are still there, as is the burning need for more, so distracting she may as well be in a Taxxon host.

Her fingers twitch as she explains.

"You are right to be angry with me, Ozzy. I vanished without a trace, and that wasn't like me. You know that I'm no fair-weather friend." Myitt pauses, drumming her fingers again on the bar counter, rather pleased at how well her fortitude is holding up - all things considered.

"We've moved bases since you last saw me, and we've acquired more than a few new enemies and allies. Some of them are Andalites, but mostly the same tired old brigade of Imperial generals. Yes, even one of those is a tentative ally." She smiles more genuinely. "There were good times, too, in the last few years. I met a guy, a Yeerk, who like...really gets me. And I'm not exactly easy to get. And his host was..." She hesitates, feeling the sick rush of grief once more, and she swallows the bitterness back with a shrug. "He got me, too."

"There was so much turmoil, but I had so much friendship and support. Corliss and Reven, they're still doing fine. And I felt so buffered by all this distraction, the stress of the move, that I didn't need outside friends. So I didn't need you. And I should have at least reached out to you, in the interim. I...I understand that, now. I...I guess I was afraid I would bother you." Her ears burn with embarrassment, and she looks down at her knuckles. "I'm sorry. I just can't lose another friend right now. I really can't. I'm not...not in the best place." Tears sting her eyes again and she curses, brushing them away angrily.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

guitarhero01234

« Reply #4747 on: July 01, 2016, 08:15:24 PM »
Merc lets out a bitter chuckle, having listened in on Myitt's story. He whispers quietly, only loud enough for Jeffrey to hear. "Sounds to me like this place is a haven for people whose lives have gone to ****. I lost my wife, Myitt lost her guy, you got shot in the goddamn head, and I get the feeling that Dalik is going through more than she's letting on." He takes a long drag of his cigarette and exhales the smoke before continuing. "On the other hand, I don't really know about Ossanilin, Verdana, or William. God, I just can't make heads or tails of this."

He quietly stands up. "I'm gonna go for a piss," he says. "If anything happens, yell."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4748 on: July 01, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »
Verdana was glad he didn't have too many family problems. Aside from having a brother with his own issues, and a sister that seemed to feel the need to carry a bigger burden than she really needed to.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4749 on: July 01, 2016, 09:03:33 PM »
"No problem," says Jeffrey, looking up at Merc as he leaves. "I'll keep a lookout for trouble."

Jeffrey wished he could've payed more attention to Myitt's story, or cared more, but he'd long since realized that that part of his brain had left him behind years ago. What he did catch was that she'd had it pretty bad, and she'd cared about someone--- Both things he could empathize with. I hope I can do these wasted bastards one right turn before my time's up.

Jeffrey looks towards Verdana and says, "So where were you before you got here, exactly?"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4750 on: July 01, 2016, 09:19:30 PM »
"On Earth, in Ireland. My family lives in a little town, near a city outside of Mount Ebott. Dad had this machine in his basement that stopped working, and I got it to work again. And now I'm in this fascinating place."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #4751 on: July 02, 2016, 03:09:28 AM »
Ossanlin nods to Jeffrey, shrugging a bit.  <<I suppose you would say I'm a bit 'weird' too.  Not exactly the average andalite.  I must say I'm...curious...about you.  I'd enjoy a conversation when we both have the opportunity.>>  He hopes the not-quite-human would understand that the thought had been directed to him, and him alone.

<Illim and Daniel, of course.>  Ossanlin nods to Myitt before realizing that he'd never met them in this timeline...and apparently never would from the way Myitt was acting.  <Glad to hear Corliss and Reven are well, though I've not had words with Reven for an unfortunate amount of time either.>

He looks away with his main eyes as Myitt explains the reason for her absence.  <You didn't need me.  I fail to comprehend how this explanation is supposed to define me as anything more than a fairweather acquaintance to you.  You had other friends so you didn't need me.  But now you need me so suddenly you care to speak with me again.  I wasn't aware that a friendship between two people, even a close relationship such as we had, is predicated upon the whims of only one of those people while the other's thoughts and needs are completely ignored.>

Ossanlin scoffs, draining the rest of his bowl and shuddering a bit at the feeling of the liquor working its way into his body so rapidly.  <I'm not blameless, Myitt...but it seems you never even thought about me.  I nearly contacted you many times, but the silence from you was deafening.  How long before you don't need me again and I'm shuffled off to the back of your mind only to be thought of when you need to use me for something else?>

Ossanlin was letting the liquor do a bit of the talking, but he'd missed Myitt.  And he hated how they'd drifted apart.  It was partially his fault, he knew that...but slowly, as the months drew longer with no word, his sadness had turned to anger and dejection.  He was mad at his old Yeerkish friend for shuffling him out of her life.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 03:16:29 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4752 on: July 02, 2016, 02:40:46 PM »
"So then it's the machine that caused this ruckus for you," says Jeffrey, giving Verdana a sidelong smile. "Just goes to show you kid--- You shouldn't play with Daddy's toys! I mean..." Jeffrey, paused, putting his hand under his chin. "...what did this thing even do? It seems like, far as I can parse it out, you have to know what this place is or get here by some kinda rule. Or whoever owns the Bar gets you here. So far we've seen a grand total of one guy working here, and everything he does creeps me out."

Jeffrey's head suddenly turns back to Ossanlin as the thought enters his mind. He scratches his head, realizing that what Ossanlin sent sounded less audible than the other thoughts he'd sent. Telepath's powers maybe? Directed at me, I guess. Somehow I didn't really notice that he wasn't really talking until like, five seconds ago. He nods. It'd be useless to send anything back--- It's not like he's telepathic, and he can't risk saying, "No one but the blue deer can hear me" with his powers on the fritz like this.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 02:43:45 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #4753 on: July 02, 2016, 03:04:22 PM »
"Well after I managed to get it to work, the door opened, and I just had to step inside. It will probably take me back home when i step in it again. As for why it took me to this particular place, I don't know. I had an idea of who Dad was trying to use the machine to find, and maybe it led me here to find a clue about him. a big reason I'm writing stuff down is just to put things on record while I'm here."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #4754 on: July 02, 2016, 03:25:00 PM »
"Your Dad lost a friend?" says Jeffrey. "A lover? A box of Oreo's? Who was he looking for that he'd need a transdimensional death machine to find?! And you still didn't say what it does. And...hm."

Jeffrey frowns. "...wait a minute. 'Clue about him.' You don't know where Dad is right now?"